PDA

View Full Version : Three Things I've Learned - Round 16 Edition

Eastdog
05-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Once the Round 16 match against Geelong is completed, let us know the three things you learned after watching the match.

Be constructive but be honest.

GVGjr
06-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Bump

Happy Days
06-07-2014, 08:41 PM
1. We fall down 75 metres out from goal; not having a key forward is only exacerbated by playing as if there is one down there. We need to hit leads and move forward in a way where our forward's strengths can be utilised.

2. Give it 5 years and our top end talent will rival Gold Coast's for best in the comp. No one will be able to go with a midfield of Liberatore, Macrae and Bontempelli the God with Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hrovat etc rotating through if they all continue to trend upward at their current rate

3. Wallis is back on track, great stuff today both ways.

F'scary
06-07-2014, 08:44 PM
1. We fall down 75 metres out from goal; not having a key forward is only exacerbated by playing as if there is one down there. We need to hit leads and move forward in a way where our forward's strengths can be utilised.

2. Give it 5 years and our top end talent will rival Gold Coast's for best in the comp. No one will be able to go with a midfield of Liberatore, Macrae and Bontempelli the God with Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hrovat etc rotating through if they all continue to trend upward at their current rate

3. Wallis is back on track, great stuff today both ways.

Good to hear the positive about Wallis - he's at that stage now where he should be producing.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Mine are re-learnts

1. Bonts needs to be resigned forever ASAP
2. Liberatore is a bloody machine
3. Forward 50 entry is still in practice

4. Footscray Premiers twice in a year. Bring it on.

Bumper Bulldogs
06-07-2014, 09:13 PM
The kids are exceeding expectations and will be around for years to come. The recruiters look to have done a really good job.

Libba, Wallis, Stringer, Bonts, Dal, Hunter, Macrae, Roughie, Hrovat, Grant, Smith, Tut & Campbell will be the bones to our next shot at the finals.

boydogs
06-07-2014, 09:24 PM
1. We seem to have developed a serious issue in the last two weeks with being outmarked. 85-25 today. Requires further investigation

2. When we don't have the game on our terms, the opposition can score quickly, but when we do we can't

3. Bonts isn't a one hit wonder, he's developing amazingly quickly

Nuggety Back Pocket
06-07-2014, 10:21 PM
1. A strange decision to use Macrae as the sub, who dominated after half time with 17 disposals.
2. Redpath at FF on Taylor after Stringer had kicked 4 goals the previous week was hard to follow.
3. Griffen and Liberatore showed their class in the midfield.

GVGjr
06-07-2014, 10:28 PM
1. A strange decision to use Macrae as the sub, who dominated after half time with 17

I was reading a bit about the decision and I got the feeling that Macrae has had some defensive lapses in the previous weeks.

bulldogtragic
06-07-2014, 10:28 PM
1. A strange decision to use Macrae as the sub, who dominated after half time with 17 disposals.

You can't say that, or maybe just not want to. I said (only) this earlier today and copped repeated sprays for attacking the coach...??

always right
06-07-2014, 10:29 PM
2. Redpath at FF on Taylor after Stringer had kicked 4 goals the previous week was hard to follow.
3. Griffen and Liberatore showed their class in the midfield.
I'm puzzled with your second comment. Lonergan took Stringer.

The Underdog
06-07-2014, 10:34 PM
I was reading a bit about the decision and I got the feeling that Macrae has had some defensive lapses in the previous weeks.

I remember noticing that he was particularly poor defensively in the Brisbane game, especially with some of his positioning & effort. Haven't noticed it as much since but did think he looked to be more noticeably physically tired in the last few weeks. Did well when he came on today and fair play to Macca for making the change early.

Nuggety Back Pocket
06-07-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm puzzled with your second comment. Lonergan took Stringer.

I didn't see any evidence today that Stringer was the lead up FF as we witnessed last week.

Bulldog Joe
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM

I was quite happy to see Macrae as sub. he has been very good, but we have a six day break to next week and I saw it was a way to give him a partial rest to help manage his workload.