PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gents, Enjoy This Week... Because...

bulldogtragic
08-07-2014, 11:55 PM
It's the last Saturday AFL game for our club until April 2015.

That's right, the season finishing 8 weeks, then finals, grand final, spring racing carnival, FA window, trade weeks, national draft, rookie draft, cricket season, world game season, big bash (if you like it), intraclub club games, NAB challenge and whenever we get around to our first Saturday match next season.

I would love a way we could get media to this or answer every journos question with this answer this week. Eddie gets one match and it's all over the press, we've got nearly 1/3 season back-to-back.

#lastsaturdaygame2014

GVGjr
09-07-2014, 12:07 AM
This year was a bad draw for the fans who attend the games. Hopefully we will get something a bit better next year

bulldogtragic
09-07-2014, 12:20 AM
This year was a bad draw for the fans who attend the games. Hopefully we will get something a bit better next year

That's what the word 'equalisation' but more broadly fairness means to me. But life isn't always fair. It seems a long time between Friday Night games and now Saturday games. It's not just attending games, it's the exposure to sell potential sponsors and fans who like footy on days other than Sunday.

If we finish 12th and fall into the middle bracket, does that change fixturing or simply opponents when the draw is completed?

Ozza
10-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I guess this means our opponents will always have had a longer, or at least equal, break between matches than us. Not a huge thing, as we will have 7 days each week, but every little bit helps and 8 or 9 days between matches is better than 7!

Us and GWS being out of the finals race will no doubt line us up for a 4:40pm Sunday fixture to finish the season. I'm happy to play on Sunday's....but 4:40 is smelly.

azabob
10-07-2014, 01:35 PM
I guess this means our opponents will always have had a longer, or at least equal, break between matches than us. Not a huge thing, as we will have 7 days each week, but every little bit helps and 8 or 9 days between matches is better than 7!

Us and GWS being out of the finals race will no doubt line us up for a 4:40pm Sunday fixture to finish the season. I'm happy to play on Sunday's....but 4:40 is smelly.

Yep that was monty before the season had even started and a crowd of under 10,000....

Bumper Bulldogs
10-07-2014, 09:12 PM

It will surly improve as we have a few young guns! that will be worth Friday/Saturday night football!

azabob
11-07-2014, 02:36 PM
It will surly improve as we have a few young guns! that will be worth Friday/Saturday night football!

Dogs - We deserve Friday night footy every second week in 2015

AFL - Why?

Dogs - The Bont

AFL - Ok.

Eastdog
11-07-2014, 08:14 PM
We need to for the 2015 fixture at least get one Friday night match and a much more even spread of games between Sarurday and Sunday. We play far too much on Sunday. Loved going to the footy Round 3 when we played Richmond at Etihad Saturday arvo at 2:10pm. They really should have a match at 2:10pm Saturday at the MCG very week and revive Saturday afternoon footy.

bulldogtragic
12-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Winning on our last Saturday match, lazy Sunday watching highlights... Thanks boys.

Maddog37
12-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Well said BT

Topdog
12-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Wow 6 Sunday games in a row. Thats shocking.

Eastdog
12-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Wow 6 Sunday games in a row. Thats shocking.

Agree Topdog. It's not good enough. We need a much more even spread of game over Saturday and Sunday.

bornadog
13-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Agree Topdog. It's not good enough. We need a much more even spread of game over Saturday and Sunday.

and friday

bulldogtragic
13-07-2014, 06:38 PM
I tried to enjoy my lazy Sunday watching footy shows. Both were average, but the Sunday Footy show introduced and spoke for 40 seconds at the start all about GCS, GAJ etc, while our highlights were being rolled, then spoke about us as an afterthought and then said Macrae was our best as an 8 out of 10 game... Ruined my morning, how hard is it to talk up our club after a massive win, Macrae breaking all records and a sensational highlights reel???

Sedat
13-07-2014, 07:13 PM
I tried to enjoy my lazy Sunday watching footy shows. Both were average, but the Sunday Footy show introduced and spoke for 40 seconds at the start all about GCS, GAJ etc, while our highlights were being rolled, then spoke about us as an afterthought and then said Macrae was our best as an 8 out of 10 game... Ruined my morning, how hard is it to talk up our club after a massive win, Macrae breaking all records and a sensational highlights reel???
Do yourself a favour and de-tune both Channel 9 and Channel 7 from your TV - your life will be so much better.

azabob
13-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Did you listen to the inquisition on ABC grandstand? If not get the podcast, plenty of bulldog love from Gerard and co.

MMM also interviewed BMaC - plenty of love there also!

Plus can someone confirm is herald sun journo Scott Gullan a bulldog man or a Geelong man or ??

chef
13-07-2014, 07:24 PM
Do yourself a favour and de-tune both Channel 9 and Channel 7 from your TV - your life will be so much better.

Yep.

BT calling Harry Taylor a 'big poofter' national TV. Stay classy.

chef
13-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Did you listen to the inquisition on ABC grandstand? If not get the podcast, plenty of bulldog love from Gerard and co.

MMM also interviewed BMaC - plenty of love there also!

Plus can someone confirm is herald sun journo Scott Gullan a bulldog man or a Geelong man or ??
Hes Dogs

bulldogtragic
13-07-2014, 07:31 PM

I haven't had too many opportunities to see how bad these shows are but it was shiteful. I don't watch much TV these days, and almost exclusively only watch fox footy when I do now, and Dwayne Russell and co are testing me too. ABC radio footy need an 'app' to stream footy on TV with their commentary and charge $1 for it. The'd be overnight millionaires.