PDA

View Full Version : Is there a WOOF secret code??

HOSE B ROMERO
11-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Now i don't know anyone on here from a bar of soap (or a cake of soap for that matter). Some of you obviously do know each other. So my question is....is there a WOOF secret identifying code? So that when you pass someone at the game, a signal you give. Such as a tap on your nose, a double wink of the eye or the tugging of the ear?????

bulldogtragic
11-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Now i don't know anyone on here from a bar of soap (or a cake of soap for that matter). Some of you obviously do know each other. So my question is....is there a WOOF secret identifying code? So that when you pass someone at the game, a signal you give. Such as a tap on your nose, a double wink of the eye or the tugging of the ear?????

Should be, sometimes you see a WOOF branded thingy - I'm from the old guard at BF so that's nearly 10 years but not actually met up for some reason... But generally (before this year, for me) we were the majority of the sweet FA crowd during crap games, or the tragics at intraclubs - I remember someone (maybe TCD) put up a photo of the crowd at an intraclub and it was pretty much WOOF, although I did not reveal I was in the photo (finally I said it!)). Also I sat next to a members father for 2 years at Etihad and had no idea of any connection until the last game where I had the seats. We are a small world bulldog members. And under no circumstances do we partake in bubbling at home games.

Eastdog
11-07-2014, 07:48 PM
I know a few Bulldog fans when I go to the matches but no one on Woof that I've met. We should do a get together at half time at one of our home matches at Etihad. The question is how would we identify each other - obviously for the ones that know each other it's all good.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
11-07-2014, 08:06 PM
By our Cracking In t shirts perhaps

Twodogs
11-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Should be, sometimes you see a WOOF branded thingy - I'm from the old guard at BF so that's nearly 10 years but not actually met up for some reason... But generally (before this year, for me) we were the majority of the sweet FA crowd during crap games, or the tragics at intraclubs - I remember someone maybe TCD put up a photo of the crowd at an intraclub and it was pretty much WOOF, although I did not reveal I was in the photo (finally I said it!)).

'twas FDOTM. That's how he managed to not be in it.

craigsahibee
11-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Maybe our last home game we wear some piece of WOOF sanctioned merchandise and arrange to meet at the EJ Whitten bar behind the goals at the non Footscray end.

Last game is against the Giants, probably twilight on a Sunday as it will have no impact on the finals.

Flamethrower
11-07-2014, 09:06 PM
The WOOF People's Beard scarves were a bit of a give away for a few seasons.

Eastdog
11-07-2014, 09:10 PM

How did people get those particular scarves?

boydogs
11-07-2014, 10:13 PM
How did people get those particular scarves?

You missed an epic thread

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?4521-The-Ben-Hudson-s-Beard-Appreciation-Society

This is a teaser

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/JG2.jpg

Max469
11-07-2014, 10:19 PM
You missed an epic thread

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?4521-The-Ben-Hudson-s-Beard-Appreciation-Society

This is a teaser

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/TheCoonDog/Other%20stuff/JG2.jpg

The scarf is the warmest of all football scarves (except for hand knitted ones)

Dry Rot
12-07-2014, 12:25 AM

I'm actually Ray Chamberlain. I'll give you wave at the next game.

AndrewP6
12-07-2014, 02:49 AM
I'm Brian... and so is my wife.
Kind of hard concealing my identity. A life of crime is not my go!;)

chef
12-07-2014, 09:11 AM

I still wear mine to games, haven't seen any others for a while.

ledge
12-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Mine sits along the back window of my car , I do wear it also, the cracking in t shirt is a problem because footy is a winter sport and usually something is warm over the top.

Hotdog60
12-07-2014, 09:33 AM
You need one of those metal badges like they used have on the old duffle coats of players only with WOOF on it.

chef
12-07-2014, 09:33 AM
And a secret handshake.

LostDoggy
12-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm tall and wear a black Akubra, if you see me say hello.

Throughandthrough
12-07-2014, 11:27 AM
If you think it may be me at a game, it isn't.

ledge
12-07-2014, 11:31 AM
So who's off to whitten oval today ? I am

KT31
12-07-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm Brian... and so is my wife.
Kind of hard concealing my identity. A life of crime is not my go!;)

Who would want to be Brian at the moment, won a flag but not many friends.;)

Spartacus and TLOB line always reminds me of Kirks other son Joel.

Joel Douglas, the less famous son of the actor Kirk, was performing at the Comedy Store and getting increasingly frustrated by the audience reaction. He started shouting: "You can't do this to me, I'm Kirk Douglas's son!" At which point an a man in the audience stood up and said: "No, I'm Kirk Douglas's son." Then someone else stood up and repeated the line, and so on.
It ended with Joel cracking the shits and walking of stage.:)

Twodogs
12-07-2014, 11:54 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sons_of_Lee_Marvin