View Full Version : looking for footscray preseason games 1990-1995

langers1971
14-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Guys

i am searching for a few footscray preseason games from 1990-1995, namely:

1990 v richmond at vfl park
1994 v sydney at vfl park
1995 v collingwood at vfl park

i have tried ch 7 who televised these games, name a game/sports delivered, and the competing clubs, all to no avail.

Can anyone on here possibly assist me with any of these games?

Any assistance would be really appreciated

thank you

Pembleton
15-07-2014, 01:00 PM
I might have the '90 and '95 games on VHS. It'll be months before i can confirm though because the old tapes are stored at another address.

The '94 game was in Wagga not at waverly. It's the one that nearly got Wheels the sack (which did come not too long after).

Remi Moses
16-07-2014, 05:40 AM
I vividly recall the collingwood game.
We were a fair way up at 3/4 time, and they came back and drew.

Pembleton
16-07-2014, 01:21 PM
I vividly recall the collingwood game.
We were a fair way up at 3/4 time, and they came back and drew.

I think that was the regular season game, which included Dermie's dodgy goal and Ossie's dodgy behind.

We won the preseason game by a point.

Twodogs
16-07-2014, 03:30 PM
The '94 game was in Wagga not at waverly. It's the one that nearly got Wheels the sack (which did come not too long after).

That Wagga weekend was a bewty. Started on Thursday night when someone who couldn't go sold us their tickets at Selectors Table

It's still the only football match my mum has been to in the last 50 years. She thought she was getting dropped off in Albury but we were running a bit late so she just had to come too.

At the match me and a couple of mates got into an argument with Ron Barrassi who was coaching the Swans at the time and was sitting on a seat attached to the scoreboard. You couldn't have sat him anywhere else. He was sort of suspended in the air and the urge not to give Barrass an extra bit of encouragement was to strong to resist. Looking back I can see how he could have misconstrued some of the advice and a shouting match started. In fact I reckon on the replay you can see Ronald Dale when the siren goes making a wanker gesture at us.

SonofScray
16-07-2014, 11:39 PM
I think that was the regular season game, which included Dermie's dodgy goal and Ossie's dodgy behind.

We won the preseason game by a point.

That Dermie decision was atrocious. We were livid at the time. Only marginally less so now.

Twodogs
17-07-2014, 09:41 AM
That Dermie decision was atrocious. We were livid at the time. Only marginally less so now.

Agreed. It was a worse decision than the Libba Prelim '97 goal umpiring decision. It didnt cost us as much though.