PDA

View Full Version : Bob Murphy goes again

ledge
16-07-2014, 07:42 PM
Bob murphy signs another year to his contract.. Bulldog for life, god I love this guy

chef
16-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Hooray. My favourite current Bulldog.

bornadog
16-07-2014, 07:46 PM
One of my all time favourite players, great guy as well.

LostDoggy
16-07-2014, 07:59 PM
Love watching Bobbie play... one more year might be enough to hold the cup aloft

Bulldog4life
16-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Bob murphy signs another year to his contract.. Bulldog for life, god I love this guy

Thank you ledge.:) Congrats to Murph. Just love watching him play.

Twodogs
16-07-2014, 08:21 PM
Very good.

Eastdog
16-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Great news. Murph is a champion of our club. Great to hear he'll be sticking around and being someone that our exciting young brigade can look up to.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2014, 09:56 PM
Great bloody news. So happy for all. By my count if he plays every game until the end of next year to the regular season it will be 295 games.

I don't care if I have to beg for alms to raise the money for his salary in 2016, or find incriminating photos of the administration to agree to let him stay on, but he's getting those 5 games in 2016!!! :)

Rare air the 300 club and Bob deserves life long entry to it.

boydogs
16-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Looked very sharp against the Gold Coast, not surprised to see him go round again and glad we're not being too long sighted in our list management to delist him early

Daughter of the West
17-07-2014, 10:28 AM
So happy to see Murph go round again! My favourite Bulldog :)

Ozza
17-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Bob doesn't seem to have lost any pace, and is still as skillful as they come. Early days, and the end and come quickly, but going on current form and traits - it wouldn't be out of the question for him to go around in 2016 if he stayed injury free.

The wirey framed types like Bob do seem to be more conducive to longevity.

KT31
17-07-2014, 10:54 AM
Great to hear, has been a major factor in our improvement and deserves to go around again.
Cannot see any reason, if he remains as silky as last week he wont extend next season.

The Pie Man
17-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Bob doesn't seem to have lost any pace, and is still as skillful as they come. Early days, and the end and come quickly, but going on current form and traits - it wouldn't be out of the question for him to go around in 2016 if he stayed injury free.

Agree with this completely - I've got high-ish hopes he can keep going for a while yet.

Murphy'sLore
17-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Great news! He does seem to be holding up well for an old feller :)

Love the way he plays, love his mentoring of the young guys, love the way he writes and what a great ambassador he is for our club. All round champion with a beating Bulldog heart.

Dancin' Douggy
17-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I would let him do a dustin Fletcher and just keep on going as long as he wants.
He's so good for our club on and off the field, and he's still a serious contributor.
Could spend some years in forward pocket pretty handily as well.

jeemak
17-07-2014, 12:28 PM
I love that he's going on again.

What we see as supporters isn't really the issue though, his longevity from this point will be determined by how he feels away from game day and training.

Sedat
17-07-2014, 03:00 PM

Yep, I can picture Bob still performing very close to his peak when we are contending again. He is one player we simply have nothing to replace him with on the current list, so the longer he can stay a part of our team the better.

ratsmac
17-07-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm so so glad he's going around again. Let's hope there is still a few more years in him yet.

The bulldog tragician
17-07-2014, 11:46 PM
I always feel our culture is safe while bob is around. I love thinking of him passing on that respect and love or the club that shines out of his every article. Every game that our young guns get to play alongside Bob is going to be a blessing in what they learn.

I hate so much to think that Murph will join the heart and soul guys who don't end as premiership players. Wishful thinking, but just maybe the next tilt comes a bit ahead of schedule and Bob's there too.

The Underdog
18-07-2014, 02:37 PM
I was watching him in the Melbourne game a couple of weeks ago, skating across the back line, sending out a pass and realised how much I'll miss him when he's gone.
Of all the players to come through he seems to be the one who seems to really be able the feel for the club the way the supporters do. I'm not sure we'll see his like again but I'm truly grateful fate sent him to us.

LostDoggy
18-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Really glad he's going around again.

Bob's draftng by the club coincided with my move to melbourne. Watched his early games as a stick insect with weribee and was at his first game against the baggers at princess park (still my favourite doggies game i've seen live). Then used to see him around the traps in North Fitzroy when i was living there (a regular at the tin pot cafe). Been my favourite player since then and the newspaper column and the other media appearances have just added to the man love.

Great club mand and (remain) happy when he has the ball in his hands...

Maddog37
18-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Yep, I can picture Bob still performing very close to his peak when we are contending again. He is one player we simply have nothing to replace him with on the current list, so the longer he can stay a part of our team the better.

I don't think you can replace a player like Murph. Same as Brad Johnson, they are both freakish individuals that play in their own particular style.

BornInDroopSt'54
20-07-2014, 03:22 PM
We have to win the flag next year before Bob retires, it's the least we could do for him.