Sun 20 Jul Port Adelaide v Melbourne Adelaide Oval 1:10pm 12:40pm Foxtel

Sun 20 Jul Western Bulldogs v Essendon Etihad Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Fri 25 Jul West Coast Eagles v Richmond Patersons Stadium 8:40pm 6:40pm Seven

Sat 26 Jul Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns Gabba 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 26 Jul Hawthorn v Sydney Swans MCG 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sun 27 Jul Collingwood v Adelaide Crows MCG 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

G-Mo77
18-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Love seeing North lose even if it is to Carlton.

There are a heap of Norf players who could easily become part of the Commonwealth Diving team. They're a disgrace in that regard.

Twodogs
18-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Teah. Friday night, North losing. It doesn't get much better than this.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-07-2014, 11:41 PM
I concur.

Love seeing these bunch of flogs lose. Has there ever been a bigger bunch of pretenders?

Twodogs
18-07-2014, 11:51 PM
When we don't have any Friday night games of our own.

Greystache
19-07-2014, 12:51 AM
Just such a nothing team Norf. They can't work out if they're all out attack, or defensive focused. They rave about how great their senior players are, but they go missing every 3rd week. They don't make excuses for poor performances, yet Brad Scott blames everything from the umpires to stadium management when they lose. They're the king of the cheap shot off the ball but have players diving and sooking to the umpires every week.

They're everyone's tip every year to be the break out team and every year they produce *!*!*!*! all. I for one am just glad Brad Scott has 8 more years of leading them into the wilderness left on his current contract.

bulldogtragic
19-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Just such a nothing team Norf. They can't work out if they're all out attack, or defensive focused. They rave about how great their senior players are, but they go missing every 3rd week. They don't make excuses for poor performances, yet Brad Scott blames everything from the umpires to stadium management when they lose. They're the king of the cheap shot off the ball but have players diving and sooking to the umpires every week.

They're everyone's tip every year to be the break out team and every year they produce *!*!*!*! all. I for one am just glad Brad Scott has 8 more years of leading them into the wilderness left on his current contract.

I think you'll find he got another 4 year extension after the match.

Sedat
19-07-2014, 02:30 AM
Their best player is 86 years old. Harvey excluded, no other team has a senior core who are so ineffective in influencing tight games.

bornadog
19-07-2014, 04:21 AM
I concur.

Love seeing these bunch of flogs lose. Has there ever been a bigger bunch of pretenders?

Agree except when its Carlton winning.

lemmon
19-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Their best player is 86 years old. Harvey excluded, no other team has a senior core who are so ineffective in influencing tight games.

And yet they rave about blokes like Ziebell who continually go missing

bulldogtragic
19-07-2014, 11:17 PM
This shites me. They've chucked three massive KPF superstars in Cameron, Patton and Boyd (plus Tomlinson and others) who all look bloody amazing and there's nobody watching them. It's like the Salvation Army running meals and handing out $100 notes to light free Cuban cigars. I'm not sure what annoys me more, that we've been denied one of those kids or no one turning up to watch such kids...

I'd go after any of them.

lemmon
19-07-2014, 11:25 PM
This shites me. They've chucked three massive KPF superstars in Cameron, Patton and Boyd (plus Tomlinson and others) who all look bloody amazing and there's nobody watching them. It's like the Salvation Army running meals and handing out $100 notes to light free Cuban cigars. I'm not sure what annoys me more, that we've been denied one of those kids or no one turning up to watch such kids...

I'd go after any of them.

Only reason I watched the footy tonight was to catch a look at the holy trinity, wasn't dissapointed. I can't see GWS hanging onto all three, it's not Dunstall and Brereton or Carey and Longmire where there's a champion and his offsider it's three potential champs in the one forward fifty.

bulldogtragic
19-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Only reason I watched the footy tonight was to catch a look at the holy trinity, wasn't dissapointed. I can't see GWS hanging onto all three, it's not Dunstall and Brereton or Carey and Longmire where there's a champion and his offsider it's three potential champs in the one forward fifty.

I caught the last 10 minutes and Boyd looks more than good enough too. The other clubs will come raiding, I hope we are one of them.

Twodogs
20-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Can anyone think of a team that's managed to fit three genuine match winning forwards into their forward line? I can only think of teams lucky enough to have two. Brereton and Dunstall, Nash and Pratt, Carey and Longmire,

If it all had worked out in the early '80s we.would have had Templeton at CHF and Beasley in the square in 1985. That's the closest we've come.

Scorlibo
20-07-2014, 02:12 AM
Can anyone think of a team that's managed to fit three genuine match winning forwards into their forward line? I can only think of teams lucky enough to have two. Brereton and Dunstall, Nash and Pratt, Carey and Longmire,

If it all had worked out in the early '80s we.would have had Templeton at CHF and Beasley in the square in 1985. That's the closest we've come.

Sydney this year have at some points had Tippett, Franklin, Goodes and Reid roll through there with relative success.

If GWS get all three of those guys to buy in then it could be their point of difference, but they (Boyd, Cameron and Patton) will all have to make big sacrifices to their natural games if they are to co-exist. Patton looks most capable of playing CHF to me, with Boyd being the man mountain, Kurt Tippett-like proposition out of the goal square and Cameron being a natural goal kicker without racking up big numbers. Based on that, I think it will be either Boyd or Cameron that leaves.

Webby
20-07-2014, 04:54 PM
Just as a side, currently at the Plough Hotel post VFL game. Caught last 5 mins of port v Melb.
Jay Schulz iced match winner from the boundary, making it 52 goals 15 for the season for him.

Handy forward who just doesn't miss. Richmond lost patience with him as a 23yo... In context with just watching Liam Jones towel up the scum, I think I've just had an epiphany!: Stay patient with U/25 forwards with talent. Some do repay you..

Murphy'sLore
21-07-2014, 03:29 PM
My 12 year old daughter managed to tip all five matches this weekend! Possibly the only person in Melbourne to do so?

Just shows she knows nothing about football...

Remi Moses
24-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Has there been an inquiry into Stkilda beating freo?
Staggering result
I know it's only the Dees, but sometimes you just need a win to get going again.
Wouldn't surprise to see port emerge again.

bulldogtragic
26-07-2014, 12:44 AM
If that's how Cox' career ends, I'd be livid for him and all of WCE. Dog act by Vickery.

jeemak
26-07-2014, 12:55 AM
If that's how Cox' career ends, I'd be livid for him and all of WCE. Dog act by Vickery.

Indulge me?

I had to watch Twin Towers for the 40th time.........

bulldogtragic
26-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Indulge me?

Possible 5 week suspension. Think 1970's full wind up, round arm closed fist punch which knocked Cox out and I'm guessing broke his jaw. Subbed out instantly. Not completely dissimilar to Hall's big suspension, but a different technique. He'd get jail if he did it at a nightclub, but sport is different apparently.

Greystache
26-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Indulge me?

Weak King hit from behind.

http://youtu.be/0CtstueuIm4

Remi Moses
26-07-2014, 01:16 AM
That is awful . Dog act from a crap player.
Shocking way for such a champion to exit.

Remi Moses
26-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Richmond to ninth with a bullet;)

jeemak
26-07-2014, 01:19 AM
Weak King hit from behind.

http://youtu.be/0CtstueuIm4

Mate your video editing skills must be immense, because there's no way that shit truck actually did that. Jesus Christ.

jeemak
26-07-2014, 01:22 AM
That is awful . Dog act from a crap player.
Shocking way for such a champion to exit.

Yep, what an absolute bastard (and I don't ever use such an old school slur lightly - it is actually one of the words in our language that still has meaning).

Terrible finish to a stellar career.

I've played enough footy to know that sort of act isn't done unintentionally. In the moment you always know, whether it's not tucking in an elbow or swinging a fist at head height you always know.

Remi Moses
26-07-2014, 01:25 AM
Best thing is Richmond supporters will be up and about all summer.
Top 4 certainty next season, and then the rage of underachieving ;)

Twodogs
26-07-2014, 03:59 AM
I really want them to finish ninth again.

azabob
26-07-2014, 10:53 AM
I really want them to finish ninth again.

They really don't finish 9th that often.

azabob
26-07-2014, 10:57 AM

Prior to the ruck set up didn't Cox throw his elbow back and catch Vickery in the throat region?

Granted Vickery response was probably not warranted, but to me Vickery was just letting Cox know he wasn't going to be pushed around.

I am not condoning what Vickery did, but I do believe he was retaliating. I wouldn't mind betting that will be in his defence.

Maddog37
26-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Vickery is a coward and that is why he will always be no good.

comrade
26-07-2014, 11:20 AM
Prior to the ruck set up didn't Cox throw his elbow back and catch Vickery in the throat region?

Granted Vickery response was probably not warranted, but to me Vickery was just letting Cox know he wasn't going to be pushed around.

I am not condoning what Vickery did, but I do believe he was retaliating. I wouldn't mind betting that will be in his defence.

Yeah, not sure Vickery meant to knock Cox out (who knew Coxy had a glass jaw?) but it was a pretty crude effort.

Deserves a few weeks.

The Underdog
26-07-2014, 06:33 PM
Listening to Lions and the Suns on the radio and even then I feel I'm witness to a slaughter. Lions 55 points up 12 minutes into the 2nd. Had over a 100 posies more than the Suns. Suns have taken 3 marks in 45 minutes. Turns out they are a 1 man band.

comrade
26-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Buddy and Tippett are a brutal combo up forward. 6 marks inside 50 in the first quarter would be ringing the alarm bells for the Hawks.

azabob
26-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Buddy and Tippett are a brutal combo up forward. 6 marks inside 50 in the first quarter would be ringing the alarm bells for the Hawks.

Whose Lake playing on?

Oh yeah thats right....

jeemak
26-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Have you ever heard a bigger bunch of whingers than Hawks fans?

Arrogant twats.

I'm glad Buddy has left them and is playing well. They all thought they were so special because it just so happened he played footy for their team.

jeemak
26-07-2014, 10:38 PM
How Brad Hill didn't get done holding the ball then is beyond me.

GVGjr
26-07-2014, 10:55 PM
How Brad Hill didn't get done holding the ball then is beyond me.

Saw it. BT annoys me but he was spot on.

Remi Moses
26-07-2014, 11:00 PM
So I take it they're booing Buddy?
Biggest plastic flakey footy fans going.
Five bad years and they'll want to merge with someine

jeemak
26-07-2014, 11:28 PM
They did get done on free kick count, but got really well looked after in some instances (Goodes no mark in the goal square, Hill no holding the ball, Hodge holding at the throw in late).

Turning into the biggest wanker supporters in the game.

KT31
27-07-2014, 01:20 AM

Yet they lost, budget is not everything and it gives hope to us all.

Hotdog60
27-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Ben McGlynn body language indicates that it was going to be a point and the goal review system calls it a goal go figure. Shades of our goal that was called a point. Is there match fixing going on in the review box?

jeemak
27-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Ben McGlynn body language indicates that it was going to be a point and the goal review system calls it a goal go figure. Shades of our goal that was called a point. Is there match fixing going on in the review box?

McGlynn was actually saying to the umpire it wasn't touched.

comrade
27-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Yet they lost, budget is not everything and it gives hope to us all.

I fell asleep at half time (big week!) and was surprised to see the Hawks got up.

Did they switch the defensive personnel around? Tippet was all over Schoey. Did the Hawks midfield play better defensively to stop the supply?

Whatever they did, we need to learn from them because if we defend Tippett/Buddy like we did Carlisle, it'll be a car wreck.

Greystache
27-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Big win for Adelaide and puts a dent in Collingwood's finals hopes. Collingwood has gone backwards year after year since they put their coaching dream team together. The suppprters calls for Buckley's head are getting louder.

SlimPickens
27-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Big win for Adelaide and puts a dent in Collingwood's finals hopes. Collingwood has gone backwards year after year since they put their coaching dream team together. The suppprters calls for Buckley's head are getting louder.

They're really struggling to run out games and the season. Couldn't be happier with this result.

Remi Moses
27-07-2014, 10:32 PM
Just read that Bucks didn't tag Dangerfield?
Crows must have thought Xmas had come early.
What's the Buckley barometer like with pie fans right now?

Sedat
28-07-2014, 01:52 AM
Great finish to this seemingly never-ending round. The filth were kept in it by Adelaide's generosity - they were 6 goals better on the night. Collingwood are a middle of the road team with less depth than they think. Their kids also aren't as great as the media and their fans keep proclaiming. If Witts is keeping Grundy out of the team, Grundy must be in horrible form.

LostDoggy
28-07-2014, 10:28 AM
I love how the commentators kept reffering to Collingwood as 'undermanned' and how great their effort was considering their 'depleted' line up.

They had Swan out, who's done absolutely nothing all year. Maxwell has retired and Nathan Brown hasn't played consistent footy for 5 years.

Reality is, Collingwood's list is just not much chop.