PDA

View Full Version : When the hell do they announce the nab rising star nomination? Surely we normally know by Wednesday night????

Dancin' Douggy
23-07-2014, 09:49 PM
I'm just hoping the string beast gets the nod.
Love the Bontiff, Love them all...... but Stringer will be a colossus.

Go_Dogs
23-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Maybe due to the split round DD.

F'scary
23-07-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm just hoping the string beast gets the nod.
Love the Bontiff, Love them all...... but Stringer will be a colossus.

Looking at the game replay, Stringer has fantastic hands - he is so sure, never fumbles. But then, a few of our new guys show the same positive trait - all good for the future.

ledge
23-07-2014, 10:07 PM
Split round mate

always right
23-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Looking at the game replay, Stringer has fantastic hands - he is so sure, never fumbles. But then, a few of our new guys show the same positive trait - all good for the future.
Three words. Keeps....his....feet.

Dancin' Douggy
23-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Split............F&%$#*&ing round..................Okay...... thanks woofers I can put my conspiracy theories back down to a low simmer.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Split............F&%$#*&ing round..................Okay...... thanks woofers I can put my conspiracy theories back down to a low simmer.

Just because the AFL is out to get us doesn't mean we shouldn't pretend it's only a 'conspiracy'.

F'scary
23-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Three words. Keeps....his....feet.

Yes - interesting how many others can't.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Yes - interesting how many others can't.

Or choose voluntarily not to.

stefoid
24-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Starting to show a bit more of a burst. Will be an interesting player.

Once his fitness is enough that he can run through the midfield, people will take notice. Him and bonts playing midfield, drifting forward and swapping rest time in a forward pocket is going to drive opposition coaches insane.

Twodogs
24-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Is Stringer eligible for the RS? I remember at one stage the rule was a player was ineligible if they had played ten games played prior to the current season and Jake played ten last year. That rule may have been changed though.

BulldogBelle
24-07-2014, 01:04 AM
He's eligible, and the club are doing a fantastic reminder to the selection committee about his prowess. We just need one more on Sunday afternoon and we should be all set!

bornadog
24-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Is Stringer eligible for the RS? I remember at one stage the rule was a player was ineligible if they had played ten games played prior to the current season and Jake played ten last year. That rule may have been changed though.

Scrapes in with only playing 10 last year.

Remi Moses
24-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Brad Nicholson got a gig in the 90's!
Thought he'd be our fB for a decade!!
Point is don't worry about it.

KT31
24-07-2014, 09:55 AM
I may be wrong (according to the Bride I am quite often) in previous seasons I thought they nominated one RS each week of the split round.

westdog54
24-07-2014, 10:21 AM
I may be wrong (according to the Bride I am quite often) in previous seasons I thought they nominated one RS each week of the split round.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the bride wins this one.

soupman
24-07-2014, 10:49 AM

The mid year bye rounds (of which we had three this season) have a nomination each week as they are each separate rounds, but the current round is just one round split over two weeks hence only 1 nomination.

Twodogs
24-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Scrapes in with only playing 10 last year.

So if he had played 11 before the start of the year then he would have ineligible?

Twodogs arches his fingers like Monty Burns and says "excelleeeent"

Scorlibo
24-07-2014, 11:47 AM
If Lachie Hunter can get a nomination before the end of the year we will have four players nominated - the most we've ever had in one year if I'm not mistaken.

If Bonti wins the award, and Hunter is nominated before the end of the season, it will be only the third time a club has had four or more players nominated and had one of those players win. The two other instances each belong to Port Adelaide, in 2006 with Danyle Pearce (Surjan, Symes, Chaplin the other nominees) and 1997 with Michael Wilson (Eagleton, Lade, Lockwood the other nominees).

Greystache
24-07-2014, 01:16 PM
If Lachie Hunter can get a nomination before the end of the year we will have four players nominated - the most we've ever had in one year if I'm not mistaken.

If Bonti wins the award, and Hunter is nominated before the end of the season, it will be only the third time a club has had four or more players nominated and had one of those players win. The two other instances each belong to Port Adelaide, in 2006 with Danyle Pearce (Surjan, Symes, Chaplin the other nominees) and 1997 with Michael Wilson (Eagleton, Lade, Lockwood the other nominees).

Not to mention Jack MaCrae is only ineligible by 3 games, otherwise he would obviously win the award with daylight second.

westdog54
24-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Not to mention Jack MaCrae is only ineligible by 3 games, otherwise he would obviously win the award with daylight second.

Is Daylight Marcus' new nickname?

Go_Dogs
24-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Is Daylight Marcus' new nickname?

I thought daylight must've been Bonts new nickname.

bornadog
25-07-2014, 01:24 AM
So if he had played 11 before the start of the year then he would have ineligible?

Twodogs arches his fingers like Monty Burns and says "excelleeeent"

Correct and you have to be 21 or under at January

KT31
25-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the bride wins this one.

Oh well looks like I was wrong again.

The mid year bye rounds (of which we had three this season) have a nomination each week as they are each separate rounds, but the current round is just one round split over two weeks hence only 1 nomination.

Thank you Soup for the info.

Scorlibo
28-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Patton nominated - beyond a joke!

BulldogBelle
29-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Patton nominated - beyond a joke!

Did not expect that:mad:

Dancin' Douggy
29-07-2014, 08:43 AM
At least it went to Bulldog player....heh heh heh

Twodogs