PDA

View Full Version : Bankers and Anchors - Round 19

Eastdog
31-07-2014, 04:47 PM
This is the round 19 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Hawthorn is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys that you we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

bulldogtragic
03-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Bank 'em and anch 'em.

Rance Fan
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Bankers

Murph, Picken, Morris - All beat their opponents, great effort
Campbell - keep him at FF, showed a little along with Stringer

Anchors

Cooney - draw a line thru him
Higgins - happy for him to move on, coasted today
Crameri - not enough, for what hes getting paid

always right
03-08-2014, 07:01 PM
B:
Murphy....great all game
Not in our best but still saw good signs from JJ

A:
Commentators and their Hawthorn love
Umpires and their love of name players
Higgins and Cooney....cooked

ReLoad
03-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Bankers:
Campbell is back and he needs to play the rest of the year, he actually provides us with a forward marking option.
JJ, I Love his run and dash, his disposal is rubbish, but that can be worked on.
Griffen, that 3rd Quarter of his was sublime.

Anchors
Cooney, Goneski
Higgins, Goneski
The Nouveau Riche hawthorn flogs, Money buys a lot doesn't it.

LostDoggy
03-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Bankers:
Bob Murphy: Another outstanding performance. Showing no signs of slowing down which is fantastic.
Dale Morris: See above.
Ryan Griffen: Back to his best today. Clearly building some fitness after an interrupted pre-season.

Anchors:
Mark Austin: Lost the plot in the second half.
Adam Cooney: If he's not fit, don't play him. If he is fit, I hope he has a cracker against Werribee next week.
Shaun Higgins: Beginning to believe the compensation we'll receive will be more valuable than the service he'll offer if he stays.

F'scary
03-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Bankers:
I'm naming three of the pups who I thought kept on putting in and contesting even though the going was tough and certain senior players appeared to just give up (see Anchors section).

Hunter,
Macrae,
Hrovat

Anchors:
there were two for me:
Higgins & Cooney. I have singled them out because as senior players they should be up there with the likes of Minson, Griffen and Boyd for output and effort.

bornadog
03-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Bankers

Macrae, turned 20 today and able to pickup over 30 disposals - will be a star
Murphy aged 31 and picked up over 30 disposals. Without him the backline is shot.
Campbell - Can take a contested mark

Anchors

MC - Misjudging Cooney by bringing him in after missing 4 games of footy. The VFL is where he should have started two weeks ago.

Umpiring has changed the game forever - apparently you can throw the ball or dispose it incorrectly and its play on. Players have now adapted to it and game is not the same.

TV commentators in general - the style of calling a game is annoying to listen to with all the drivel and BS they talk.

LostDoggy
03-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Bankers
Murph - tried hard against his mate Lewis
Big Tom- deserved his chance and acquitted himself well
Austin - cops a lot but he showed what it means to him when his team mates don't do the right thing

Anchors
-Cooney not 1 stat in the 1st qtr?????
-50 metres against Austin gifting the hawks a goal, No 50 to Austin? after roughy kicked the goal and none to Grif,f typical
- kicking for goal (again)

Mofra
03-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Bankers:
- Austin seems set to be the next whipping boy who actually plays his role ok on the field
- Morris & Murph. I really worry about how our defence looks without the two of them there
- Griffen is amazing

Anchors:
- Roughy looks like he's labouring
- Cooney is underdone
- Playing 5 defenders who give us little rebound doesn't work

Ozza
04-08-2014, 12:00 PM
Bankers:

Griffen - seems to be really building some good form after missing pre-season and having an interrupted year. Expect a very strong finish from him for the year.
Dahlhaus - doesn't ever give up.
Murphy - don't ever retire.

Anchors:

Coons - Hoping he can improve his output, because the last two games have been a bit sad.
Austin - tries hard, and quite liked how absolutely filthy he was on himself for not spoiling Roughead in the one on one - but unfortunately he gets outclassed and also goes to ground far too often.
Hunter/Stringer/Boyd/Dahlhaus - missing fairly straightforward shots meant we got little reward for effort and prevented us from putting pressure on Hawthorn when we had the run of the play in parts of the 2nd and 3rd quarters.