PDA

View Full Version : Easton Wood yet to re-sign and dropped this week.

bornadog
31-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Well just like Higgins he has been omitted this week after having a pretty good start to the year, the MC feel he has work to do on his game. He has also not re-signed according to posters in the Match committee thread.

Is he looking for a new opportunity?

Should we use him as trade bait or are woofers happy with his performances. Why hasn't he signed a new deal?

Or is he just another fringe player.

Personally, I think he has not met expectations up to this year, but has turned things around in 2014.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-07-2014, 07:43 PM
He's been great this year, I'd be bitterly pissed if we lost him.

Very odd that he's been dropped, hopefully it's not for anything re: possibly moving clubs.

Scorlibo
31-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Very surprised. I think he's been brilliant down back all year.

azabob
31-07-2014, 08:33 PM
I am also puzzled.

Hopefully this paper is on the money.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/2442904/easton-wants-western-deal/

Pickenitup
31-07-2014, 08:33 PM
Stunned I think Woody has had a Great season I think he will stay he has said earlier in the year he wants to stay at the Dogs.
Thought he would have been a Good match up for Gunston.

bornadog
31-07-2014, 08:34 PM
I am also puzzled.

Hopefully this paper is on the money.

http://www.standard.net.au/story/2442904/easton-wants-western-deal/

Lets hope so.

LostDoggy
31-07-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm a bit perplexed at EW being dropped. But then again, dont think I have picked one change correctly the past few years. Must be method in the madness.

Throughandthrough
31-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Based on the same logic, Higgins must have re-signed!

anfo27
31-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Was never much of a fan of Easton but he has really changed my mind with his continual improvement this year and like everyone else i was shocked to see him dropped.

ratsmac
31-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Surely he must be carrying an injury and not just omitted. He has been near our best defender this season IMO. I hope he pens a deal soon.

Hotdog60
31-07-2014, 10:29 PM
How about this, he was visiting his mother over the bye and was late back for training so it's a routine discipline move.

lemmon
31-07-2014, 11:49 PM
How about this, he was visiting his mother over the bye and was late back for training so it's a routine discipline move.

Speculation or what you've heard?

Hotdog60
01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
Speculation or what you've heard?

Purely speculation :)

To keep things on a brighter note

LostDoggy
01-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Shaun Higgins media commentary, not one has any creditable quotes (bit of fluff from his manager). Azabobs article actually has quotes from Easton. He ain't going no where. Just because someone gets dropped doesn't mean they change club. Easton will play with us for a long time yet.

Remi Moses
01-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Maybe Easton's not meeting a few standards.
I wouldn't read into it to much.

Go_Dogs
01-08-2014, 08:16 AM
Like others, bit surprised he's been dropped on form but that doesn't always tell the whole story.

I'm not too concerned about him signing on at this stage (ie I think he will).

Mofra
01-08-2014, 10:32 AM
The article mentions he had 9 touches against the bombers - perhaps it is just for form?

On balance he's been very good for us this year and I want him to stay.

TBH I'd prefer him to stay than Higgins if we had to make a call on both of them.

Mantis
01-08-2014, 12:47 PM
The article mentions he had 9 touches against the bombers - perhaps it is just for form?

But the week before he had 20 and was very good.. Surely they wouldn't drop him over one poor game?

And the fact that Wood isn't a high possession gatherer anyway (averages only 15 this year) means that the actual numbers don't mean a lot.

Without knowing I'm thinking it has to a discipline issue.

always right
01-08-2014, 01:14 PM
What the recent decisions regarding the ommission of Macrae and Wood teach us, is that the coaches measure their performance against very diferent criteria to us. Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall in the coach's conversations with individual players?

Cyberdoggie
01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
But the week before he had 20 and was very good.. Surely they wouldn't drop him over one poor game?

And the fact that Wood isn't a high possession gatherer anyway (averages only 15 this year) means that the actual numbers don't mean a lot.

Without knowing I'm thinking it has to a discipline issue.

To be honest Easton doesn't look like the type to ever get into trouble etc, but I guess anything is possible.

I'm hoping it's just that they feel like they want more run and carry from him and think that giving him a run on the wing/middle against the hapless Bendigo might help promote that confidence.

Bulldog4life
01-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Maybe he was supposed to be the third man up against Carlisle. Who knows. Could be anything.

azabob
01-08-2014, 03:28 PM
What the recent decisions regarding the ommission of Macrae and Wood teach us, is that the coaches measure their performance against very diferent criteria to us. Wouldn't it be great to be a fly on the wall in the coach's conversations with individual players?

Would be amazing to be a fly on the wall!

wimberga
03-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Would be amazing to be a fly on the wall!

Port have done a good job with giving their fans access to some of Hinkley's pre game addresses. I'd love to get something similar from Macca.

GVGjr
03-08-2014, 05:37 PM

Why do you think Wood was omitted this week?

Bulldog4life
03-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Why do you think Wood was omitted this week?

I had the feeling that he was supposed to be the third man up against Essendon/Carlisle. Looked just out of position at times. Could be wrong.

GVGjr
03-08-2014, 08:06 PM
I had the feeling that he was supposed to be the third man up against Essendon/Carlisle. Looked just out of position at times. Could be wrong.

He had 9 possessions against the Dons and gained just 5 metres. He's been given instructions on what he needs to work on and I think he did that today.

azabob
03-08-2014, 09:02 PM
He had 9 possessions against the Dons and gained just 5 metres. He's been given instructions on what he needs to work on and I think he did that today.

Thanks for that.