PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 21 vs North Melbourne

Eastdog
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 21 game against North Melbourne at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

bulldogtragic
10-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Jarrad must come in. Stevens looking shaky with a quarter to play.

GVGjr
10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Despite a number of good performances against Werribee it's still a hard job to find which players to drop.

I'd nominate Darley as one option but he might be handy against Harvey.

Roughy is down on form but must be kept to play against Petrie.

Bumper Bulldogs
10-08-2014, 07:37 PM
For me I cant see a forward that i would drop, The only guy I would think could be in strife might be Stevens. His hard at it but poor skills lets him down.

I wish we could put his endeavour into someone like Grant

G-Mo77
10-08-2014, 07:41 PM
I thought Stevens really did well when it counted.

It's going to seem like a scapegoat call but I really struggle with Austin. He's actually a pretty good grab at times, his disposal is scary though. We'll probably need him next week so I guess he's safe I still think he's just keeping Roberts' spot warm.

bornadog
10-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Despite a number of good performances against Werribee it's still a hard job to find which players to drop.

I'd nominate Darley as one option but he might be handy against Harvey.

Roughy is down on form but must be kept to play against Petrie.

I thought Darley was pretty good today.

Perhaps we should think about some of the young guys that may need a rest. Bonti, Macrae, Hunter, Hrovat played well in patches but look tired.

In: Grant must come in and I would like to see Roberts in as well. Petrie may end up with 6 goals next week.

The Underdog
10-08-2014, 09:40 PM
So this Koby Stevens poor disposal narrative is just something we accept & repeat apparently. I thought aside from some poor set shots (which is generally a strength) he was one of our best after half time. Aside from those I don't remember any specific poor disposal which hurt us. Not like I remember 2 Jack Macrae turnovers that led directly to Saints goals. But you know, Koby's disposal sucks, so whatevs.

On topic. We have a few guys who've probably earned a game and not many who deserve to lose a spot, so go for it MC. You do as you will.

comrade
10-08-2014, 09:48 PM
So this Koby Stevens poor disposal narrative is just something we accept & repeat apparently. I thought aside from some poor set shots (which is generally a strength) he was one of our best after half time. Aside from those I don't remember any specific poor disposal which hurt us. Not like I remember 2 Jack Macrae turnovers that led directly to Saints goals. But you know, Koby's disposal sucks, so whatevs.

On topic. We have a few guys who've probably earned a game and not many who deserve to lose a spot, so go for it MC. You do as you will.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Koby's game.

I'm inclined to give some of the kids a week's rest (Macrae and/or Bonti most likely) and bring in any of the following: Fletcher, Honey, Grant, Jones or Gia.

F'scary
10-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I thought Kobe was reasonable today too. If he had kicked straight he would have been in the best players.

LostDoggy
10-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Macrae's slow reaction time and sometimes poor disposal suggest he is tired and due for a rest.

GVGjr
10-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Bontempelli probably needs a spell but it's a hard call.

In Grant and Young
Out Bontempelli and Austin

comrade
10-08-2014, 10:12 PM

In Grant and Young

Yes, Young's another one knocking the door down.

We need to reward good VFL form.

Twodogs
10-08-2014, 11:14 PM

In Grant and Young

My first thought was that Bontempelli could do with a rest. He did some great things but on the TV it was noticeable that he wasn't getting to as many contests as he is when he's really on top of his game.

In Grant
Out. Bontempelli

whythelongface
10-08-2014, 11:35 PM

In Grant and Young

Interested to know why you would drop Austin. I thought he has been reasonable the last few weeks and deserves his spot. Think we will need him against Norf.

GVGjr
10-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Interested to know why you would drop Austin. I thought he has been reasonable the last few weeks and deserves his spot. Think we will need him against Norf.

It's probably more of a reflection on how good Young has been in the past few weeks. Austin isn't a permanent fixture but I'm wondering if reasonable is enough at the moment.

whythelongface
11-08-2014, 12:23 AM
It's probably more of a reflection on how good Young has been in the past few weeks. Austin isn't a permanent fixture but I'm wondering if reasonable is enough at the moment.

Not having seen any of the Footscray games I have not realised that he has been performing well. That is good news if Young is starting to step up a bit. Austin would certainly be the player to miss out if Young is selected.

LostDoggy
11-08-2014, 12:58 AM
Grant for Hunter
Young for Austin

G-Mo77
11-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Young is a good VFL player, that's it. Even if you drop Austin for him it's a step backwards. He's not going to help defensively and that's what we need most right now.

LostDoggy
11-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Young is a good VFL player, that's it. Even if you drop Austin for him it's a step backwards. He's not going to help defensively and that's what we need most right now.

Do you see him being delisted at the end of the season if that's the case?

bornadog
11-08-2014, 09:52 AM

I think you are right here. I thought at one stage he was going to make it, but its not looking that way. If you are going to play at 190/191cm, then you have to be more versatile like a Morris or Shaggy.

As for Austin, I am really in two minds about whether he should be promoted? I am convinced he is getting games because the coach doesn't believe Roberts and Talia are ready at this stage.

G-Mo77
11-08-2014, 09:53 AM

Because Talia hasn't come along like we'd hoped there is a case to keep him for depth. Still if that is the only reason then maybe delist is the best option.

Go_Dogs
11-08-2014, 04:01 PM
I don't think it's likely, but would anyone else like to see Cordy get a game this week?

Whilst I'm keen to see Grant get a run too, I'd like to see him back up another strong performance in the VFL.

Roberts and Young are the other two I'd like to see come in, but I'm not sure we'll make more than one change.

My guess, we'll go:
Out: Hrovat
In: Honeychurch

lemmon
11-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Out- Hunter
In- Grant

Not necessarily a Grant fan but he deserves a run and at his best brings something different. Hunter was pretty good but so was everyone else. I'd like to see Young in but Darley doesn't deserve to be left out, if I were dropping a back it would be Roughead. Last chance saloon for Jordan this year in my book, Petrie is just about his best match up in the AFL for height/speed, if he doesn't win the battle its time for Roberts to get some game time.

Greystache
11-08-2014, 04:38 PM
In- Roberts

Out- Hunter

According to Maple Roberts was BOG and his extended form has been excellent. We're short a key defender and he has the added bonus of being a good ball user. Morris can play small and Austin can be the 3rd tall. I wouldn't mind giving Young a go, but for now Austin is doing enough to keep him out of the team, despite their strengths and weaknesses being almost opposites.

I would've said to rest Bonti, but his last quarter was actually outstanding.

DISHLICKERS
11-08-2014, 05:08 PM
In Roberts Grant

Out Austin Hunter

Does anyone know if Liam Jones played with Footscray?

bornadog
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
In Roberts Grant

Out Austin Hunter

Does anyone know if Liam Jones played with Footscray?

Yes he played

bornadog
11-08-2014, 05:26 PM
Wood may be out due to hand injury. He is having scans. JJ to be tested and could be his replacement.

soupman
11-08-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm not as desperate as others to bring Grant in. I think he will add value to the side but the current forwardline has been performing and it's hard to find anyone to drop.

I am keen to bring in Roberts. I'm concerned that Morris and Austin are too small to be a viable plan b to Roughead on Petrie and I think Roberts has earnt his spot. I would drop Hunter, but it's a tough decision.
Our matchups would be:

Petrie gets Roughead
Black gets Austin
Brown gets Roberts
Thomas gets Morris
Harvey gets Picken

Roberts and Roughead to switch if Petrie gets on top.

I know Picken killed Thomas last time but it's not like Morris is a downgrade and this allows Picken to annoy Harvey.

Rocco Jones
11-08-2014, 06:04 PM
I think if we drop Austin we need to replace him with another KP defender and I don't see Young playing that role. I also believe it's part of why he struggled when playing in the AFL team. I see him as more a medium sized/3rd tall type.

In- Grant, Roberts, Wood (if injured)
Out Hunter, Austin, Young (if Wood is injured)

Greystache
11-08-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm not as desperate as others to bring Grant in. I think he will add value to the side but the current forwardline has been performing and it's hard to find anyone to drop.

I am keen to bring in Roberts. I'm concerned that Morris and Austin are too small to be a viable plan b to Roughead on Petrie and I think Roberts has earnt his spot. I would drop Hunter, but it's a tough decision.
Our matchups would be:

Petrie gets Roughead
Black gets Austin
Brown gets Roberts
Thomas gets Morris
Harvey gets Picken

Roberts and Roughead to switch if Petrie gets on top.

I know Picken killed Thomas last time but it's not like Morris is a downgrade and this allows Picken to annoy Harvey.

I like those match ups. Although I wouldn't mind Roughy and Roberts switching between the two at times.

Pickenitup
11-08-2014, 06:56 PM

I Think Tom Will stay I think there is huge upside to his game he had a Fantastic season last year and is only 22.
If we give Mulligan Five years surely Youngy gets another season.

LostDoggy
11-08-2014, 10:50 PM
McCartney is looking to try another tall, maybe not this week but Minno will get a rest for Cordy in the next couple of rounds

azabob
12-08-2014, 07:13 AM
McCartney is looking to try another tall, maybe not this week but Minno will get a rest for Cordy in the next couple of rounds

But the season is nearly over. I can't see Minson being rested this late in the season.

bornadog
12-08-2014, 09:39 AM
But the season is nearly over. I can't see Minson being rested this late in the season.

Maybe this week?

G-Mo77
12-08-2014, 10:51 AM
I Think Tom Will stay I think there is huge upside to his game he had a Fantastic season last year and is only 22.
If we give Mulligan Five years surely Youngy gets another season.

Why use past list managment mistakes as a measuring stick for the current list? What upside does he have? He's a HBF with no pace and a poor defensive game. We're forced to play him tall and he's exposed even more. Where and how does he fit into the side? Apart from depth I don't see the point in keeping him around.

Bulldog4life
12-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Why use past list managment mistakes as a measuring stick for the current list? What upside does he have? He's a HBF with no pace and a poor defensive game. We're forced to play him tall and he's exposed even more. Where and how does he fit into the side? Apart from depth I don't see the point in keeping him around.

As Hawthorn have found out you need depth. Malthouse said you need 34 players who can play firsts on your list. Not all can fit in the 22. I think Tom deserves another year at least.

jeemak
12-08-2014, 12:20 PM

He's shown he can play at the highest level and is only 22. There's an article on the WB's web page detailing a changed attitude to training which says to me he's been given a rocket and there's improvement to be made in terms of his fitness.

I personally think he's looked like a good reader of the ball coming into defence and a reasonable user of the footy as well. We've tried to play him tall on occasion, largely because we've had nobody else to play tall.

If he needs to be held onto for depth in the short term then I don't think that's a bad thing.

Mantis
12-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Maybe this week?

Not against Goldstein.. Cordy would get murdered.

westdog54
12-08-2014, 12:45 PM

What about a Campbell/Cordy 60/40 approach?

LostDoggy
12-08-2014, 12:50 PM
He's shown he can play at the highest level and is only 22. There's an article on the WB's web page detailing a changed attitude to training which says to me he's been given a rocket and there's improvement to be made in terms of his fitness.

I personally think he's looked like a good reader of the ball coming into defence and a reasonable user of the footy as well. We've tried to play him tall on occasion, largely because we've had nobody else to play tall.

If he needs to be held onto for depth in the short term then I don't think that's a bad thing.

Agree.

Tom isn't the greatest defender going around. But as Hawthorn have shown you need a good mix of defensive and attacking players in the back half. Suckling and Birchall aren't exactly world beaters when it comes to one on one defending.

Tom has pretty good skills and is a smart player - reads the game well and makes pretty good decisions. When Murphy leaves us we will be severley lacking in that department.

More importantly he has put together a cracking month of footy in the VFL.

Would be just plain dumb to delist him.

G-Mo77
12-08-2014, 12:56 PM
As Hawthorn have found out you need depth. Malthouse said you need 34 players who can play firsts on your list. Not all can fit in the 22. I think Tom deserves another year at least.

I'm happy to keep him as a depth player for another year. I think we'll cut pretty deep and it will hurt having a large turn over of players. My point was I can't find any other reasons to retain him than depth. If there are better options I'd prefer we explored that.

Greystache
12-08-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm happy to keep him as a depth player for another year. I think we'll cut pretty deep and it will hurt having a large turn over of players. My point was I can't find any other reasons to retain him than depth. If there are better options I'd prefer we explored that.

I think Young could be a good player in a good team, but in a weak team has the potential to be exposed. Similar to Ryan Hargrave he just isn't suited to playing on a quality opponent. If we have enough talent in defence so that he can pick up the 5th or 6th forward, he is capable of adding a mix of defensive cover and rebound. He does need to improve his one-on-one defending however. I think he's worth persisting with for now.

G-Mo77
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM
I think Young could be a good player in a good team, but in a weak team has the potential to be exposed. Similar to Ryan Hargrave he just isn't suited to playing on a quality opponent. If we have enough talent in defence so that he can pick up the 5th or 6th forward, he is capable of adding a mix of defensive cover and rebound. He does need to improve his one-on-one defending however. I think he's worth persisting with for now.

Has his one on one defending improved at all. It's hard to judge at VFL level but I'd be interested to see if something stood out.

Bulldog Joe
12-08-2014, 01:27 PM

Tom Young at 22 probably has a chance of making it, but he is no Ryan Hargrave (he was a very good one-on-one) or would need to improve an enormous amount. I get what you say about him being better in a good team, but we can't hang on to all the blokes who will be better in a better team. We need to get blokes in that will make the better team.

Greystache
12-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Has his one on one defending improved at all. It's hard to judge at VFL level but I'd be interested to see if something stood out.

It's mixed, at times it's good but it's also very poor at others.

westdog54
12-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Greystache
12-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Tom Young at 22 probably has a chance of making it, but he is no Ryan Hargrave (he was a very good one-on-one) or would need to improve an enormous amount. I get what you say about him being better in a good team, but we can't hang on to all the blokes who will be better in a better team. We need to get blokes in that will make the better team.

At 22 Ryan Hargrave had played 30 odd games and was routinely being toweled up by quality forwards. As the team improved the quality of his opponents dropped and he became more effective. Against good opponents he used to give away free kicks galore. Some players have the characteristics that when given the chance to play against a weak opponent they can offer the flexibility others can't. They're the type you hang onto while others make the team better. Young could be that type- rebound against against an average midsized forward, or shutdown and average third tall. Similar to Hargrave and also Mackie from Geelong, they need to be in a good team.

Bulldog Joe
12-08-2014, 02:01 PM
At 22 Ryan Hargrave had played 30 odd games and was routinely being toweled up by quality forwards. As the team improved the quality of his opponents dropped and he became more effective. Against good opponents he used to give away free kicks galore. Some players have the characteristics that when given the chance to play against a weak opponent they can offer the flexibility others can't. They're the type you hang onto while others make the team better. Young could be that type- rebound against against an average midsized forward, or shutdown and average third tall. Similar to Hargrave and also Mackie from Geelong, they need to be in a good team.

Your memory differs to mine.
By the end of his 2nd season at senior level, Ryan was established as a senior player (38 of a possible 44) over 2 years. he also played on better opponents later not earlier. In 2004 he was given the job on Riewoldt in a rampaging St Kilda side when we knocked them over as the big upset of the year. Hargrave was 23 at the time. He only had 3 possessions (lowest of his career I think) but managed to curb the influence of the oppositions most influential player.

Hargrave was a good player before we were a good team.

Greystache
12-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Your memory differs to mine.
By the end of his 2nd season at senior level, Ryan was established as a senior player (38 of a possible 44) over 2 years. he also played on better opponents later not earlier. In 2004 he was given the job on Riewoldt in a rampaging St Kilda side when we knocked them over as the big upset of the year. Hargrave was 23 at the time. He only had 3 possessions (lowest of his career I think) but managed to curb the influence of the oppositions most influential player.

Hargrave was a good player before we were a good team.

Clearly it does, by the end of his second season he hadn't even debuted, by the time he'd played 38 games he was in his 4th season and was 22, as Young is. The saying back in the day was- Hargrave shall not play on anyone taller, when really it was he should not play on anyone quality. Young did a similar job on Jeremy Cameron just this year, I wouldn't use that as the basis of the argument he's capable of doing it routinely.

Regardless, the point is he's the type who could provide flexibility to a good team. He had 30 possessions on the weekend for Footscray and has also done some good lockdown roles as well. I think he's worth persisting with.

Mantis
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM

I don't think Campbell would be able to deal with him either.. Goldstein is in ripping form and Minson, for all his faults is our best option to nullify his output.

LostDoggy
12-08-2014, 02:39 PM
I don't think Campbell would be able to deal with him either.. Goldstein is in ripping form and Minson, for all his faults is our best option to nullify his output.

I'm really concerned about Goldstein this week. As you say he is in ripping form, not only with his hitouts but his work around the ground has been first class.

Minson is without doubt our best option to try and atleast breakeven with hitout advantages, but around the ground I can see Will getting really exposed this week.

Goldsteins agility and work rate around the ground is much stronger than Ryder and Ryder's 20 odd touches and 2 goals (along with Carlisle) was the reason we lost that match.

Having said that I'm not sure a Campbell/Cordy combo would help the around the ground issue.

bornadog
12-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Depends whether we care if we win or lose, or do we just continue on the development path.

Sedat
12-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Mackie used to be the whipping boy for Geelong supporters as late as early 2007. When we beat Geelong in Round 1 that season (when Johnno kicked 8), the Cat fans were relentless in their ridicule of Mackie. Shaggy also struggled in the first few seasons of his career at the Dogs, so all is not lost yet for Tom Young to develop into that similar type - he certainly needs to establish himself in the best 18 at the club next year.

Greystache
12-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Mackie used to be the whipping boy for Geelong supporters as late as early 2007. When we beat Geelong in Round 1 that season (when Johnno kicked 8), the Cat fans were relentless in their ridicule of Mackie. Shaggy also struggled in the first few seasons of his career at the Dogs, so all is not lost yet for Tom Young to develop into that similar type - he certainly needs to establish himself in the best 18 at the club next year.

Mackie was also the first player dropped when they had a brief period of struggle in 2010. Player's like that can be valuable in a good team, they just get exposed quickly in a poor one.

bornadog
12-08-2014, 04:46 PM

When assessing Shaggy, you have to look at what the coach asked him to do, ie pickup players that are taller and stronger than he was.

Bulldog Joe
12-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Clearly it does, by the end of his second season he hadn't even debuted, by the time he'd played 38 games he was in his 4th season and was 22, as Young is. The saying back in the day was- Hargrave shall not play on anyone taller, when really it was he should not play on anyone quality. Young did a similar job on Jeremy Cameron just this year, I wouldn't use that as the basis of the argument he's capable of doing it routinely.

Regardless, the point is he's the type who could provide flexibility to a good team. He had 30 possessions on the weekend for Footscray and has also done some good lockdown roles as well. I think he's worth persisting with.

Just a difference of interpretation. I was referring to the second season of actually playing at senior level and had ignored the previous 2 years after he had been drafted. Years that had been marred by serious illness. Young certailnly has not established himself as Hargrave had done at the same age.

bornadog
12-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Wood out for the season, so looks like at least one change this week.

jeemak
12-08-2014, 06:32 PM
In - Young
Out - Wood

No other changes unless one of the younger guys miss due to fatigue or Stringer misses because of the impending birth of his child. Grant unlucky, but just needs to put his hand up again.

F'scary
12-08-2014, 09:53 PM
In - Young
Out - Wood

No other changes unless one of the younger guys miss due to fatigue or Stringer misses because of the impending birth of his child. Grant unlucky, but just needs to put his hand up again.

Would be interested in seeing Young in the seniors again. He's played some good games in his short career with us.

Twodogs
12-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I hope Tom plays 3 blinders.

Hotdog60
12-08-2014, 11:01 PM
We wouldn't use Roberts to replace Wood?

GVGjr
12-08-2014, 11:12 PM
We wouldn't use Roberts to replace Wood?

Very different players. My view is if Roberts is to play it either involves Morris playing on mid sized or even smaller opponents or Austin being dropped.

Rocco Jones
13-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring in Young.

BulldogBelle
13-08-2014, 08:19 PM
I think that Young has played very well in the VFL of late.

Talia is also playing well in the VFL but that kick on the half back flank that went straight out of bounds sort of suggests that he still has to get his kicking right.

bornadog
14-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Easton Wood (hand) and Nathan Hrovat (ankle) will not line up for the Bulldogs on Sunday through injury.

ROUND 21 - North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs
Sunday 17 August 2014, 1:10pm
Venue: Etihad Stadium

Full back
L Picken
J Roughead
M Austin

Half back
R Murphy
D Morris
S Higgins

Centreline
S Darley
M Boyd
A Cooney

Half forward
M Bontempelli
S Crameri
K Stevens

Full forward
L Dahlhaus
J Stringer
L Hunter

Followers
W Minson
R Griffen
T Liberatore

Interchange (from):
J Grant
J Macrae
D Giansiracusa

J Tutt
T Young
J Johannisen

T Campbell

In: JJ Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrad Grant, Jason Tutt and Tom Young

Remi Moses
14-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Young and JJ for Hrovat and Wood
Possibly Grant for Jake ( baby duties)

Templeton31
14-08-2014, 09:15 PM
still no sign of Jones.

lemmon
14-08-2014, 09:23 PM
still no sign of Jones.

Will probably spend the rest of the year at VFL level, looks like MC are sending a fairly clear message.

bulldogtragic
14-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Will probably spend the rest of the year at VFL level, looks like MC are sending a fairly clear message.

I agree. There's something in the back of my mind that says he might not respond the way everyone wants. That's on no evidence whatsoever, NONE. But upon reading your post I agreed, and then thought about whether he can do a Jackson Macrae and respond, my thought was maybe not.

jeemak
14-08-2014, 11:05 PM
We've tried the Jackson Macrae treatment with him, in that he's been given many a shot across the bow in the past and its only resulted in moderate impact over his form.

If he is to be kept out of the senior side for an extended period then it's more like the Jarrad Grant treatment, rather than a post match presser spray from the coach after being subbed for three quarters of the game.

Hopefully it works for him, and us.

GVGjr
14-08-2014, 11:05 PM
still no sign of Jones.

Last week would have made it hard to promote him. Our senior forward line kicked 18 goals and Jones was quiet against Werribee.

Hotdog60
14-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Jones is listed as HB VFL, I don't know if you can read anything into that.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-08-2014, 11:26 PM
On another note, good to see Darley getting a bit of an extended run at it. It would be a good result if he played out the remainder of the year.

Hard to make a judgement call on him yet, but he has shown some encouraging signs.

Still think it's the wrong move to exclude Roberts at this point of the season.

G-Mo77
15-08-2014, 12:09 PM
On another note, good to see Darley getting a bit of an extended run at it. It would be a good result if he played out the remainder of the year.

Hard to make a judgement call on him yet, but he has shown some encouraging signs.

Still think it's the wrong move to exclude Roberts at this point of the season.

Yep happy for Darley and disappointing for Roberts. From all reports he's doing what's asked.

JJ and Tutt are my guess at the final changes. Stringer may miss as well depending on Abby and bubs.

bulldogtragic
15-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I hate to be skeptical, but it's been known to happen in the AFL before at this time of the year. But has Tutty been playing really well at VFL or is this a potential advertisement to another club to have a look at him at AFL level again??

bornadog
15-08-2014, 12:18 PM
I hate to be skeptical, but it's been known to happen in the AFL before at this time of the year. But has Tutty been playing really well at VFL or is this a potential advertisement to another club to have a look at him at AFL level again??

Played well last week.

Bulldog4life
15-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Played well last week.

Also when Tutt initially lost his place in the seniors it was a result of concussion not poor form.

bornadog
15-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Final Team

Giansiracusa, Johannisen in for Wood, Hrovat.

Emerg; Grant, Tutt, Young.

bornadog
15-08-2014, 06:07 PM
ROUND 21 - North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs

Sunday 17 August 2014, 1:10pm
Venue: Etihad Stadium

Full back
L Picken
J Roughead
M Austin

Half back
R Murphy
D Morris
S Higgins

Centreline
S Darley
M Boyd
A Cooney

Half forward
M Bontempelli
S Crameri
K Stevens

Full forward
L Dahlhaus
J Stringer
L Hunter

Followers
W Minson
R Griffen
T Liberatore

Interchange
J Johannisen
J Macrae
D Giansiracusa

T Campbell

Emergencies
J Tutt
J Grant
T Young

Remi Moses
15-08-2014, 06:10 PM
Would have had Grant instead of Gia .

LostDoggy
15-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Gia will most likely be sub you would think.

Even though Picken did a great job on Thomas last time. I would like to see Morris go to him. With Picken going to Harvey.

That would leave Roughy to Petrie, who should be a good match-up for him. But that said Carisle should have been also!

Austin to Brown

Leaves Black as there 3rd tall without a great match-up. But happy to let that play out.

Greystache
15-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Young pretty unlucky. I still think we'd match up better with Roberts picking up the resting ruck but it doesn't look like he's going to get another game this year.

bornadog
15-08-2014, 06:31 PM
Young pretty unlucky. I still think we'd match up better with Roberts picking up the resting ruck but it doesn't look like he's going to get another game this year.

Next week will be a bigger challenge with Buddy and Tippet, plus Reid.