PDA

View Full Version : 2014: Pick 6 - National Draft *

bulldogtragic
10-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Lock it in, * assuming Melbourne don't get pick 4 as compensation for Frawley.

Carlton will finish below us, we've got at least one more win after today.

Gives us a little more certainty about list management discussions, ie trading it, or who we can draft with it.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Seems likely, but if Carlton win one more game they'll finish above us - assuming our next win comes v GWS.

Sedat
10-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Carlton even money next week against Geelong, who they always trouble. And they'll beat Essendon in R23 as well. I reckon we are a lock for pick 5

ledge
10-08-2014, 07:30 PM
We might beat nth and GWS

Bumper Bulldogs
10-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Seems likely, but if Carlton win one more game they'll finish above us - assuming our next win comes v GWS.

Carlton have no hope of another win this year.

Best news of all it looks like Essendon will finish in 9th spot, so we can put the "Will James coach Finials" crap behind us

GVGjr
10-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Carlton have no hope of another win this year.

Best news of all it looks like Essendon will finish in 9th spot, so we can put the "Will James coach Finials" crap behind us

It was confirmed a while back that he won't.

Pick 6 isn't a bad spot to pick from. We will have a number of great options to select from.

LostDoggy
10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
The more football I watch this year I really think that having a third tall type ala Josh Gibson particularly (hawthorn), enright and mackie (Geelong), and to a lesser extent in regard to rebound nick maxwell and Tom Harley.
I just think this type of player would be extremely helpful specifically to our backline, helping chop out our talls in contests and then providing run and rebound from the back half. Two things we will be in desperate need of in the next few years, as we will most likely be losing Murphy and Morris to retirement! And all the players mentioned above have come from premiership teams and been a major reason as to their teams sucesses in my opinion!!
Having taken all this into consideration I think jake lever would be the perfect player for us to draft and develop in this position! Although a risky one given that he hasn't been sighted this year!!

comrade
10-08-2014, 08:13 PM
The more football I watch this year I really think that having a third tall type ala Josh Gibson particularly (hawthorn), enright and mackie (Geelong), and to a lesser extent in regard to rebound nick maxwell and Tom Harley.
I just think this type of player would be extremely helpful specifically to our backline, helping chop out our talls in contests and then providing run and rebound from the back half. Two things we will be in desperate need of in the next few years, as we will most likely be losing Murphy and Morris to retirement! And all the players mentioned above have come from premiership teams and been a major reason as to their teams sucesses in my opinion!!
Having taken all this into consideration I think jake lever would be the perfect player for us to draft and develop in this position! Although a risky one given that he hasn't been sighted this year!!

Z Cordy is very much this type of player, who we're likely to nab with a 3rd rounder.

Lever does sound like a good talent.

Mofra
10-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Z Cordy is very much this type of player, who we're likely to nab with a 3rd rounder.
Cordy doesn't seem to get enough of the ball to be called a legitimate rebounder

bulldogtragic
10-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Cordy doesn't seem to get enough of the ball to be called a legitimate rebounder

True, only in a sense, but I think once he is no longer needed to play CHB or FB as has happened this year and can play with more freedom and flair and be that player. When he is allows to run and carry and has a licence, he's a very good player for mine. He will need some time, but I think he could be that for us.

bulldogtragic
24-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Safe to say the Lions won't beat Geelong.

So we are pick 5 right now. If Carlton lose and we win, we get pick 6.

bornadog
24-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Gws are a good chance next week

bulldogtragic
24-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Gws are a good chance next week

I'm not sure to like that post or not??? :)

I much rather pick 5.

chef
24-08-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm not sure to like that post or not??? :)

I much rather pick 5.

Me too. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if we lost.

Remi Moses
24-08-2014, 08:10 PM
No certainties next week

F'scary
24-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Always play to win.

The Doctor
24-08-2014, 09:14 PM
I hope we smash them to pieces.

Twodogs
24-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Play to win.

LostDoggy
24-08-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm sure we will play to win. If we win we get pick 6. If we lose we get pick 5.

Win/Win

firstdogonthemoon
24-08-2014, 11:21 PM
We will crush them. We must. They are massive sooks.

F'scary
24-08-2014, 11:31 PM

Sounds like a cartoon theme.

ReLoad
25-08-2014, 12:31 AM

All they need is one of the Scott brothers to coach them then cue the headline:

"The Massive Sookening - now with 50% extra sook"

Sedat
25-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Let's smash GWS - hopefully Carlton does the right thing and beats Essendon the day before, which is every chance of happening as they have been setting themselves for this match for some time. No love lost at all between these two, especially seeing as Carlton started the doping whispering campaign back in early 2012 when Essendon monstered them like ragdolls, only a few months after Carlton did likewise to them in the 2011 EF .

Maddog37
25-08-2014, 01:03 PM
I don't like GWS as they have a few snipers. A big win would be great for Gia and fans alike.