PDA

View Full Version : Will we be stuffed when Scotty West retires?

Dry Rot
24-01-2007, 12:10 AM
I've lost track of the number of B&Fs he's won and top 5 Brownlow finishes he's achieved.

But he's only human, and in the next 1-3 seasons he will be gone. leaving a massive hole in our team.

Will we be stuffed? Or will Cross and one or two others fill the huge gap he'll leave?

And who will be those one or two others?

LostDoggy
24-01-2007, 07:22 AM
I will never under sell the Scott West legacy however, we are well placed to cover him in the coming years. Higgins is one youngster who can slot straight into the midfield plus lets not forget Griffen, Ray, Cooney and Giansiracusa. I also don't see Boyd slowing down anytime soon and Cross has hardly peaked yet.

This year and one more for West and we have plenty of time to develop a replacement.

I think an additional sub question might be if he will play in the middle in 2007 or have to re-invent himself much like a number of other veterans have had to.

alwaysadog
24-01-2007, 08:18 AM
West will leave a hole because players of his ability and durability don't come along often. However he now has much more support around the ball and if this season, we can pick up our clearance rate we will not have too much filling to do when he does depart the scene.

Go_Dogs
24-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Cross, Boyd, Giansiracusa, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins should provide enough to fill Scott's boots.

Dry Rot
24-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Cross, Boyd, Giansiracusa, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins should provide enough to fill Scott's boots.

This year and one more for West and we have plenty of time to develop a replacement.

I think an additional sub question might be if he will play in the middle in 2007 or have to re-invent himself much like a number of other veterans have had to.

Agree the players suggested may do the job, and as BB says, we may begin to find out this season.

Hard Ball Get
24-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I think We have done extremly well in developing young midfielders that will be able to step up and fill the viod that will be left from Westy's retirement. Cross is a perfect replacement and as mentioned above Boyd, Cooney and Griffen will provide plenty of drive.

It will be a sad day when he goes but I dont think we will be in to much trouble.