PDA

View Full Version : 2014 AFL - Round 21 Discussion

Eastdog
15-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Round 21 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEST Local TV

Fri 15 Aug Carlton v Geelong Cats Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 16 Aug Sydney Swans v St Kilda SCG 1:45pm 1:45pm Seven

Sat 16 Aug Gold Coast Suns v Port Adelaide Metricon Stadium 2:10pm 2:10pm Foxtel

Sat 16 Aug Essendon v West Coast Eagles Etihad Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 16 Aug Adelaide Crows v Richmond Adelaide Oval 7:40pm 7:10pm Seven

Sat 16 Aug Collingwood v Brisbane Lions MCG 7:40pm 7:40pm Foxtel

Sun 17 Aug North Melbourne v Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 1:10pm 1:10pm Foxtel

Sun 17 Aug Melbourne v GWS Giants MCG 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Sun 17 Aug Fremantle Dockers v Hawthorn Patersons Stadium 4:40pm 2:40pm Foxtel

bornadog
15-08-2014, 12:25 PM
Looking forward to our match to see if we have improved compared to the last time we played them.

Eastdog
15-08-2014, 12:36 PM
I have a feeling will give them a good game on Sunday.

The Underdog
15-08-2014, 09:12 PM
I guess it's too late to revive the Grant for Docherty trade?

Remi Moses
15-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Brave by Carlton. Cats squandered opportunities however.
Listening to Mick recently it sounds like he's been given a directive to be more positive and less grumpy.
Don't see Carlton Being a threat like Mick thinks they are.
Geelong for me are behind Sydney and Freo in the pecking order, and it looks like if Hawkins struggles, they struggle.
Impressed with Blicavs who has played only 50 games of footy in his life!
Blues have got some list cloggers( we all do)

Remi Moses
15-08-2014, 11:32 PM
I guess it's too late to revive the Grant for Docherty trade?

Can we turn back time.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-08-2014, 11:56 PM
So bloody sick of Geelong.

I cannot stand them, or their legion of bandwagon supporters.

bornadog
16-08-2014, 12:14 AM
So bloody sick of Geelong.

I cannot stand them, or their legion of bandwagon supporters.

Agree but beats seeing Carlton win

bulldogtragic
16-08-2014, 12:31 AM

Yep.

1eyedog
16-08-2014, 02:34 AM

Would have preferred the Blues to win but I hate Geelong with a passion. They've had had so many tin arse wins this year and agree they are behind the other three.

chef
16-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Cats win thanks to a late free kick again, they are turning into the Barca of the AFL.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 04:41 PM
Funny how they keep winning tight games.
Says a lot about their belief and culture.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Cats win thanks to a late free kick again, they are turning into the Barca of the AFL.

Yep, absolute joke.

azabob
16-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Good to see Franklin is having an "on" game today :rolleyes:

Hopefully he isn't warming up for next week...

The Bulldogs Bite
16-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Considering our defense in the third worst in the league, Franklin or Tippet could kick double figures.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 06:19 PM
Good to see Franklin is having an "on" game today :rolleyes:

Hopefully he isn't warming up for next week...

Just proves how important the " money men" are in football.
Having a great year

bornadog
16-08-2014, 08:19 PM
Considering our defense in the third worst in the league, Franklin or Tippet could kick double figures.

They will both kick 10 each next week if Morris is forced to play on either of them.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Third win West Coast have left in Melbourne.
Carlton, Pies and the Bombres. Season over
Heppel right up there with Watson as their most important player.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 08:21 PM
They will both kick 10 each next week if Morris is forced to play on either of them.

Our midfield has to dominate this game, or it will get hideously ugly.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Just heard Heppel had 29 second half touches:(

azabob
16-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Just heard Heppel had 29 second half touches:(

Why does that upset you?

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Why does that upset you?

Pulled the wrong face
Shocked a player could have that many touches .

azabob
16-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Pulled the wrong face
Shocked a player could have that many touches .

Be careful if the wind changes! ;)

westdog54
16-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Collingwood players dropping like flies. Elliot a late withdrawal. Clinton Young comes in as emergency.

Pendles gites down in the warm up, Tony Armstrong kits up after a full VFL game and takes the green vest.

Ben Reid cops an injury in the first quarter. Poor Armstrong subbed into the game.

Now Beams had been carried off with a knee.

azabob
16-08-2014, 10:48 PM
Collingwood players dropping like flies. Elliot a late withdrawal. Clinton Young comes in as emergency.

Pendles gites down in the warm up, Tony Armstrong kits up after a full VFL game and takes the green vest.

Ben Reid cops an injury in the first quarter. Poor Armstrong subbed into the game.

Now Beams had been carried off with a knee.

I also just read that Armstrong covered 14km in the VFL game and Reid goes off in the first four minutes.

Apparently Cloke also isn't playing due to injury.

Regardless of the injuries the wolves are already at Buckley's door - they will only get louder this week.

GVGjr
16-08-2014, 11:26 PM
The Lions are a dangerous side because of the running ability and athleticism. The Pies might have copped a number of injuries but we shouldn't write off the effort by this Brisbane side.

Remi Moses
16-08-2014, 11:35 PM
Brisbane were very impressive, their run carry and dare a highlight.
They probably need to improve their defensive effort, but that will come with experience.

azabob
16-08-2014, 11:42 PM
I have only seen Brisbane against us.

Are their taller players such as Close and McStay as good as their stats indicate? I see they had another tall debutant kick 4 tonight.

whythelongface
17-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Richmond win their 7th in a row and are now very much in the hunt for a finals spot, but unless they can cause an upset and beat the Swans in their last game they will end up finishing 9th :)

Webby
17-08-2014, 12:51 AM
Brisbane were very impressive, their run carry and dare a highlight.
They probably need to improve their defensive effort, but that will come with experience.

You know, if GWS beat Collingwood next week (which isn't out if the question) or, God forbid, us, Melbourne will finish 2nd last again with 4 wins... Is Roosy still the Messiah??

One other thing, there's an article in Inside Football this week which points out the huge impact Daniel Cross has had on the Dees. It's apparently a 'cultural' thing that he's brought. Cross is a gem, but he got his 'culture' from Johnno, Boyd, Smith, Grant, Murphy, Gia etc. Dogs culture. We're miles ahead of them as a club and have never had the 'soulless' reputation that they have.

Finally, Sht Kilda sewed up their 27th wooden spoon today. TWENTY SEVENTH!!! They've won a spoon for every 4.4 years that they've been in the comp! As a comparison, we've won 4. Equal third least with Essendon. One more than Carlton and two less than Collingwood. For a smaller club, we've always had bottle!!

Remi Moses
17-08-2014, 01:36 AM
You know, if GWS beat Collingwood next week (which isn't out if the question) or, God forbid, us, Melbourne will finish 2nd last again with 4 wins... Is Roosy still the Messiah??

One other thing, there's an article in Inside Football this week which points out the huge impact Daniel Cross has had on the Dees. It's apparently a 'cultural' thing that he's brought. Cross is a gem, but he got his 'culture' from Johnno, Boyd, Smith, Grant, Murphy, Gia etc. Dogs culture. We're miles ahead of them as a club and have never had the 'soulless' reputation that they have.

Finally, Sht Kilda sewed up their 27th wooden spoon today. TWENTY SEVENTH!!! They've won a spoon for every 4.4 years that they've been in the comp! As a comparison, we've won 4. Equal third least with Essendon. One more than Carlton and two less than Collingwood. For a smaller club, we've always had bottle!!

There were a few saying the Dees had a better " list " than we have !
The meesiah's been blaming the tanking episode for the Dees woes.

LostDoggy
17-08-2014, 01:46 AM
The Lions are a dangerous side because of the running ability and athleticism. The Pies might have copped a number of injuries but we shouldn't write off the effort by this Brisbane side.

Agree. Full credit to Brisbane. Let's not forget they also have aome fairly handy players missing. Luenburger, Rich and Redden. All in their top 10 players.

Stefan Martin having a fantastic season. Having a ruckmen who can do so well all over the ground is something I'm very jealous of.

azabob
17-08-2014, 09:01 AM
Agree. Full credit to Brisbane. Let's not forget they also have aome fairly handy players missing. Luenburger, Rich and Redden. All in their top 10 players.

Stefan Martin having a fantastic season. Having a ruckmen who can do so well all over the ground is something I'm very jealous of.

Don't forget the only reason he is playing is due to two long term injuries.

Greystache
17-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Listening to that pervert Bruce Mcavaney is making my skin crawl. He's like that letcherous uncle fawning all over your cousins at a family function.

Remi Moses
17-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Might want to revisit the Josh Kelly trade again.
Few went a little early in the Messiah's corner.
Melbourne were just embarrassing to be honest.
Interesting Seeing Leon's reaction to Kelly's long goal, as he was very happy.

azabob
17-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Any way you skin it very good win by GWS.

First win in Victoria.

3 players injured during the first quarter (Ward, Davis and Patton) yet still managed to win and win well.

Bulldog4life
17-08-2014, 08:00 PM
There were a few saying the Dees had a better " list " than we have !
The meesiah's been blaming the tanking episode for the Dees woes.

I heard Mike Sheehan say this On the Couch.