PDA

View Full Version : MRP - the snipers have been caught

bornadog
18-08-2014, 05:22 PM
NORTH Melbourne could be without two gun midfielders for Saturday's clash with Adelaide after Daniel Wells was offered a one-match suspension by the Match Review Panel and an incident involving Brent Harvey was referred straight to the Tribunal.

The MRP cited Harvey with misconduct after a non-broadcast camera captured the veteran slamming Western Bulldogs tagger Liam Picken into the turf.

Harvey then struck Picken with a forearm to the throat.

The incident was viewed to be serious enough to warrant an adjudication from the Tribunal.

Wells was charged with two offences, both involving Western Bulldogs midfielder Shaun Higgins.

He was first cited for striking Higgins during the third quarter of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium.

Thanks to Wells' good record, he can escape with a reprimand and 70 carryover points for that offence.

But he was also cited for a rough conduct offence against Higgins, which occurred in the final quarter.

Wells has copped a one-match ban for that charge.

Given the AFL rules call for the two penalties to be added together, Well has narrowly avoided copping a two-game suspension.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Poor Boomer, he gets pinched and cries, but elbows people in throat. Hypocrite.

Throughandthrough
18-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Bloody hell, it's fantasy footy semi final week too.

Remi Moses
18-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Little toe rag cried up a storm with Crowley, yet the little sniper does this.

Remi Moses
18-08-2014, 05:39 PM
NORTH Melbourne could be without two gun midfielders for Saturday's clash with Adelaide after Daniel Wells was offered a one-match suspension by the Match Review Panel and an incident involving Brent Harvey was referred straight to the Tribunal.

The MRP cited Harvey with misconduct after a non-broadcast camera captured the veteran slamming Western Bulldogs tagger Liam Picken into the turf.

Harvey then struck Picken with a forearm to the throat.

The incident was viewed to be serious enough to warrant an adjudication from the Tribunal.

Wells was charged with two offences, both involving Western Bulldogs midfielder Shaun Higgins.

He was first cited for striking Higgins during the third quarter of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium.

Thanks to Wells' good record, he can escape with a reprimand and 70 carryover points for that offence.

But he was also cited for a rough conduct offence against Higgins, which occurred in the final quarter.

Wells has copped a one-match ban for that charge.

Given the AFL rules call for the two penalties to be added together, Well has narrowly avoided copping a two-game suspension.

Just get ready for the daily Brad Scott Whinge.

Greystache
18-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I hope he gets a huge fine, that will hurt him a hell of a lot more than just missing games of football.

What a horrible little piece of shit he is.

G-Mo77
18-08-2014, 06:02 PM
I hope he gets a huge fine, that will hurt him a hell of a lot more than just missing games of football.

What a horrible little piece of shit he is.

Words can't describe the hatred I have for him. I don't wish any player harm, Harvey on the other hand.....

G-Mo77
18-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Sadly the evidence won't put him away for a long time. But it's funny to see him elbowing Picken's throat and then whining to umpires afterwards. :)

http://t.co/lF3mrOufC8

josie
18-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Karma.

I never thought I'd say this after '97 but...Car'n the Crows !!!

Happy Days
18-08-2014, 10:24 PM
It's weird how Harvey only has a problem with taggers when they beat him convincingly.

Throughandthrough
19-08-2014, 12:16 AM
Karma.

I never thought I'd say this after '97 but...Car'n the Crows !!!

#unfriended

Go_Dogs
19-08-2014, 01:20 AM
#unfriended

As a South Aussie, I tend to agree - take it back Josie ;)

Although that being said, Norf are right up there with the sides I most despise nowadays. There are plenty of them though.

KT31
19-08-2014, 01:09 PM
As a South Aussie, I tend to agree - take it back Josie ;)

Although that being said, Norf are right up there with the sides I most despise nowadays. There are plenty of them though.
Agree, I used to just have the one or two.
Now for one thing or another it is adding up.