PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Brent Harvey is a disgrace thread?

firstdogonthemoon
18-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Not only does he belt Picken, and put his elbow across his throat, he also plays for a free when he gets up.

Diving thug.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2014-08-18/r21-harveys-hit-on-picken

bulldogtragic
18-08-2014, 07:15 PM
It's right here!!

firstdogonthemoon
18-08-2014, 07:21 PM
That made me so cross when I saw the vision of that.

ledge
18-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Well it's gone straight to the tribunal so he is gone I would say.

azabob
18-08-2014, 07:34 PM
bAD started one titled dirty little snipper.

Eastdog
18-08-2014, 07:37 PM
What about Petrie as well?

Scorlibo
18-08-2014, 07:38 PM
He and Daniel Wells will sit on the sidelines next week. I would be offended as a Bulldogs member if Harvey got anything less than Brian Lake, whose strangle hold is nothing compared to Harvey applying his full body weight, through his elbow, into Liam Picken's throat. That's not to mention the extremely dangerous body slam that preceded it.

ReLoad
18-08-2014, 08:11 PM
check out the significant punch after he was thrown to the ground. he has to get 4 weeks at a minimum, especially given his record.

its such a shame this type of thing has blighted his career, gun footballer.

The bulldog tragician
18-08-2014, 08:19 PM
The only good thing to come out of yesterday's game is the hope Harvey will be duly punished. To think of all his whinging and bleating. A disgrace indeed, a very dangerous and nasty act.

Doc26
18-08-2014, 08:28 PM
A dog act by Harvey And JJ just took a peek and walked by as if nothing happened. How about backing up your mate in need JJ ? Liam will always fly the flag for his teammates.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Really poor from Harvey. Picken no doubt frustrated and niggled him all game, as per his role's brief. However, you can't put your forearm across someone's throat with a degree of force and expect any rational person to sympathise.
If he does not get at least 2 weeks then we are officially irrelevant in the eyes of the AFL.

Pickenitup
18-08-2014, 08:45 PM
What A dog act by that dirty little thug hope he gets his right wack his season should be over for that.

SonofScray
18-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Scum act from a scum bloke. Entirely within his character to perform such a petulant and malicious act. My ambit claim is 10 weeks, but I'll accept 6 as reasonable. Typical of that club, norf, just a blight on the competition.

JohnGentStand
18-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I assume we got a free for that?

Bumper Bulldogs
18-08-2014, 09:58 PM
I feel he should get one more week than lake as he was stupid enough not to have learnt from all the publicity that lake received.

SonofScray
18-08-2014, 10:04 PM
I feel he should get one more week than lake as he was stupid enough not to have learnt from all the publicity that lake received.

Unprovoked, preceded by a dangerous judo throw more than 5m off the play. Used more force and a part of the body that had capacity to do greater damage. Add a bad record and there is no reason why this shouldn't be 6 weeks.

JohnGentStand
18-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I'd be shocked if he gets more than 2 weeks..... the MRP has no testes and is governed by 'the mob' . I dont see a Lake type public lynching happening for longpockets Harvey.

SlimPickens
18-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Pickens pretty old school, if he testifies I'm pretty sure he'd say there was nothing in it.

Twodogs
18-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Unprovoked, preceded by a dangerous judo throw more than 5m off the play. Used more force and a part of the body that had capacity to do greater damage. Add a bad record and there is no reason why this shouldn't be 6 weeks.

I'd be shocked if he gets more than 2 weeks.

I agree with both those comments. The tribunal is an ass.

The outcome will probably involve Liam Picken apologising to Boomer.

craigsahibee
18-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Being an "off Broadway" Bulldogs game this incident hasn't received the media attention it deserves. I hope the turd gets a minimum of 3.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Harvey has to be the most hypocritical SOB to play the game.

Never seen a player whinge so much, but be more than happy to snipe the opposition.

He's done it repeatedly and it's irritating that the media doesn't bring it up.

Nothing would give me greater joy than to see him miss the first week of the finals, with Norf getting flogged and kicked out.

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 01:17 AM
He would be absolutely filthy about this, would have loved to see the horror in his face when he realised this was being sent straight to the tribunal, and he was going to have to fork out to get his suit dry-cleaned!

Remi Moses
19-08-2014, 01:17 AM
He'll get two weeks

Go_Dogs
19-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Pickens pretty old school, if he testifies I'm pretty sure he'd say there was nothing in it.

Yes, Gaz can relate from earlier in the year. Hopefully the vision is sufficient and he doesn't testify.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-08-2014, 08:16 AM

SOS, Harvey is a marquee player and Bradshaw would already be working behind the scenes, I think he should get 4 to 5 weeks but I know he will get only 2 to be ready for the finals campaign.

jeemak
19-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Two weeks is just about right, with an extra week for his record.

He is such a little wanker. Norf have Thomas, Petrie, Harvey, Firrito and Thompson (among others) who carry on like they have been involved in a successful and dominant side these past 5-10 years.

They are the most dislikeable side in the competition.

bornadog
19-08-2014, 10:59 AM
Good point The Lake one sets a nice precedent

Murphy'sLore
19-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Heard some North nuffy on SEN this morning claiming Picken was at fault because he'd held Harvey's jumper!

Bulldog4life
19-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Norda Melbourne supporters and team have been at the top of my dislike list for years now. Can't stand them.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Ever since the Barry Hall "incident" where Norf complained that Hall could have caused Thompson's demise I have loathed them with a passion. I agree that Picko won't squeal he is staunch. As is our club. Who knows what the MRP will do?

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 07:09 PM
I want him to get 3 so I can get some popcorn and read the Norf BF forums

soupman
19-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Some of the posts from the North thread on BF:

Dogs hate us after Thompson put Barry Hall in hospital when he was trying to tie up his shoelace.
I'm not sure if the above one is meant to be a pisstake.

Absolute scum is Picken, how he ever made it on an afl list is beyond me.

Really? You only had to watch Picken for 5 minutes to see he was begging for someone to plant one on his chin. He is a cheat and a coward. Any rough treatment he recieves on the field is fine by me.

Boomer flips Picken over him. And then puts his forearm on his throat.
Pickens fault but Boomer will go for 4 weeks based on Lake. Picken can go and get ******. Would love to clip him

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
19-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Time to revisit the "Seagull onto a hot chip" cartoon?

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 07:30 PM
Confirmed 3 weeks

Bulldog4life
19-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Confirmed 3 weeks

Good now all we need is for Norf to get beaten first week of finals.

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 07:40 PM
"I wish Boomer could have just sniped him in the carpark after the game instead."

From BF - they are numbnuts the norf supporters

G-Mo77
19-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Season over. Norf won't win a final. ;)

"I wish Boomer could have just sniped him in the carpark after the game instead."

Yes so do I. A place were a tough guy like Harvey can't hide behind the rules of the AFL to save him.

Greystache
19-08-2014, 07:48 PM

Picken would rip that little piece of shit to pieces. If there's one thing Liam likes it's a scrap.

Norf were going nowhere anyway, but now they'll have something to sook about. At least Harvey will have more time to drive the new car he pretended he wasn't going to keep. His team mates would want to be careful though, he'll be going through their wallets while they're out there playing.

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 07:51 PM
His team mates would want to be careful though, he'll be going through their wallets while they're out there playing.

:) made me laugh

Remi Moses
19-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Sweet smell of justice

F'scary
19-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Good result. "Unsportsmanlike" was the verdict.

Obviously, Harvey is a sub, even when he plays the whole game.

Go_Dogs
19-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Fair result, glad he's been rubbed out of their only final for the year.

SonofScray
19-08-2014, 09:28 PM
BooHoomer Harvey very fortunate to only get three weeks. I feel like the AFL has established an unwritten rule that 4 weeks is a ceiling for suspension these days. People are getting off very lightly for despicable acts.

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 09:31 PM
This thread has genuinely made me laugh. Some outstanding posts.

LostDoggy
19-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Just desserts for a true scumbag of our time. Remember when he got into the fracas with Pratt at training, came out to all the media claiming Pratt had given him a cheap shot, once again always blaming someone else. I'm no snob but what about the Brownlow red carpet a couple of years back presenter asking everyone who they are wearing everyone going Hugo Boss, Arthur Gallan, etc the classless bogan gets on national television and answers uh Spurlings!

Greystache
19-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Just desserts for a true scumbag of our time. Remember when he got into the fracas with Pratt at training, came out to all the media claiming Pratt had given him a cheap shot, once again always blaming someone else. I'm no snob but what about the Brownlow red carpet a couple of years back presenter asking everyone who they are wearing everyone going Hugo Boss, Arthur Gallan, etc the classless bogan gets on national television and answers uh Spurlings!

Let's not forget his boganess. Arrested for fighting in a children's playground. Classy!

Brent Harvey's partner charged with assault

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2008/02/26/va1237293877068/Shayne-McClintock-with-Brent-Harvey-5909293.jpg

THE partner of Kangaroos footy star Brent Harvey has been charged with seven counts of assault after she allegedly punched an off-duty policewoman at a children's play centre.

Shayne McClintock will appear in the Heidelberg Magistrates' Court on Friday to answer allegations she hit the officer and another woman at the Rare Bears Indoor Play Centre in Eltham last May.

The charges allege Ms McClintock hit the mother of two from behind after an altercation in the centre's dedicated toddler area.

Witnesses said the woman was holding her 12-month old baby and had a three-year-old by her side when she was allegedly punched.

She was ushered into a nearby office where a "golf ball-sized" lump appeared on her head.

The off-duty policewoman had stepped in to mediate after the woman was struck before she was also hit.

Sources said the trouble started when two women complained that Ms McClintock and her children were in the wrong play area.

When one of the women moved some toys Ms McClintock's children were playing with because they were obstructing other toys, angry scenes followed.

A witness said Ms McClintock allegedly told the woman: "I'm going to hit you", before lashing out.

The*!Herald Sun*!has been told she then waited at the centre for police to arrive.

Rare Bears owner Barry Aarons confirmed the incident, saying it was resolved swiftly.

"I wasn't there but my manager did call the police and it was all dealt with very quickly," Mr Aarons said.

"But sometimes these things happen at play centres when you're busy, or at any place when you've got kids and you've got adults. It's very rare that it does happen, though."

Ms McClintock accompanied Harvey to last year's Brownlow Medal count. The speedy midfielder finished equal second.

The Rare Bears Indoor Play Centre provides party and play services for children under 12.

jeemak
19-08-2014, 11:09 PM
I was waiting for this to get a run.

Coward punching at a play centre.............I couldn't think of a better way to demonstrate a living example of white trash.

firstdogonthemoon
19-08-2014, 11:09 PM
A tiny shred of football justice. Although north can appeal can't they? He could still go for 2 (should be 4)

jeemak
19-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Yes they can, and I bet you they will.

There's still a chance the little shit stain may still play finals. I really hope he doesn't get that chance.

Scraggers
20-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Yes they can, and I bet you they will.

There's still a chance the little shit stain may still play finals. I really hope he doesn't get that chance.

Ban accepted ... no appeal

AND hopefully no finals for Harvey

jeemak
20-08-2014, 12:14 PM

Outstanding.

KT31
20-08-2014, 01:52 PM

Surprised Shayne (what hope when your parents get your sex and spelling wrong ?:)) didn't stroll down to the rooms and threaten to punch someone out if they didn't appeal.

LostDoggy
20-08-2014, 05:29 PM
So join in the chorus, and sing it one and all
Join in the chorus, Brent Harvey's got no balls
Good on ya Boomer, you're in the stands for three
So happy that you got rubbed out, you little effin C!

LostDoggy
20-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Shayne makes Rebel Wilson look like Lady Susan Renouf!

bornadog
20-08-2014, 05:47 PM

Very funny.

What is the bet the AFL has a knee jerk reaction to taggers. Its already started in today's press

LostDoggy
20-08-2014, 08:37 PM

Gold.

F'scary
20-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Brent Harvey's partner charged with assault

When one of the women moved some toys Ms McClintock's children were playing with because they were obstructing other toys, angry scenes followed.

Maybe she got angry because they were her sex toys. And she was using them at the time.

F'scary
20-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Hang on...weren't we previously praising this guy because he had mentored Nathan Hrovat?

F'scary
20-08-2014, 09:57 PM
When Harvey was suspended for assaulting Picken, I thought "some would say you're going out in style." But then I looked at the photo in the play centre news article and saw the haircut and decided that it was more a case of just going out of style. It's a rude one. Sort of looks like someone got a 3 day old pastie and squashed it flat over the top of the head. And as for his hairstyle...

bornadog
21-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Brendan McCartney commends Liam Picken for tagging job on Brent Harvey - Link h (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-mccartney-commends-liam-picken-for-tagging-job-on-brent-harvey/story-fni5fazt-1227031937378)ere

WESTERN BULLDOGS coach Brendan McCartney has leapt to the defence of tagger Liam Picken, praising his negating role on North Melbourne veteran Brent Harvey.
Harvey was given a three-match for his retaliation to Picken’s close-checking tactics and the incident has prompted calls for the league to amend the rules to protect the stars of the game.

Speaking on Thursday morning ahead of the Bulldogs clash with Sydney, McCartney said Picken was simply doing his job for the team and commended his conduct after the scrap.
“You won’t get a bad word out of me about Liam Picken, we respect him enormously,” McCartney said.
“He did his job for the team. Played to his strengths and unfortunately an incident arose.
“I actually really want to commend him for his manliness (for not retaliating against Harvey).
“If he had got up and done what a lot of us with a short temper would do, well it would have been a bigger issue.
“He conducted himself pretty well.

McCartney revealed the Bulldogs counselled Picken on his shutdown tactics earlier this season.

“He dealt with it,” he said.

McCartney added that Picken acted within the laws of the game in the Dogs’ 50-point loss.

“If he was doing something so untoward, he would have got free-kicked,” he said.

“And he didn’t.

“If you hold onto someone and impede their progress, you should accept it’s a free kick. We accept that.

“If he was doing it to that degree, he would have got more free kicks against him.

“And he didn’t.”

McCartney expects Jack Macrae and Nathan Hrovat to return to the side this week and while he admitted the in-form Buddy Franklin was a concern, the club was also awake to the potential of Dan Hannebery, Jarrad McVeigh and Luke Parker.

“There is a couple of jobs there. We will fine tine all that today, we won’t be too reactive, we’ll just go into battle with a couple of jobs like we always do and more play the way we want to play for a bit longer and see where it takes us.”

Sedat
21-08-2014, 03:24 PM
I've found the Harvey suspension and reaction from all and sundry at Norf hugely mirthful and one of the most enjoyable incidents to happen all season.

For a team that loses finals on average by 15 goals this century, the fact that he's missing their (likely) only final and at his age just adds to the mirth.

LostDoggy
21-08-2014, 07:11 PM
Mirth - I like that word.

Remi Moses
21-08-2014, 08:45 PM
What about the continual defending from the likes of Petrie?
Good to hear Wallace today on SEN having a crack at Norf continually defending and backing him.

LostDoggy
22-08-2014, 02:27 AM
I'm not sure there's any other player and coach in the competition I hate more at the moment. Always playing the victim. North are fast becoming one of my most hated sides.

EasternWest
22-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Maybe she got angry because they were her sex toys. And she was using them at the time.

What's wrong with you?

Hang on...weren't we previously praising this guy because he had mentored Nathan Hrovat?

Yes and rightly so. Despite any opinions of him as a guy, he works bloody hard and is a great example of a little guy making it in a big mans game. You can love him or hate him, you can't deny he's been a great player.

Still a bit of a grub but,

bornadog
22-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Yes and rightly so. Despite any opinions of him as a guy, he works bloody hard and is a great example of a little guy making it in a big mans game. You can love him or hate him, you can't deny he's been a great player.
Still a bit of a grub but,

Has come out this morning saying he did the wrong thing:

North's Harvey says AFL ban was right

"(Picken) didn't say nothing. He was playing his role," Harvey told the Nine Network's The Footy Show on Thursday night."He was tagging me on the day and he got me to jump off the cliff.
"I handled it pretty well earlier in my career. It might be the old age getting to me.

read more h (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/norths-harvey-says-afl-ban-was-right-20140821-3e3sz.html)ere

EasternWest
22-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Has come out this morning saying he did the wrong thing:

read more h (http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/norths-harvey-says-afl-ban-was-right-20140821-3e3sz.html)ere

Did you mean to quote me?

bornadog
22-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Did you mean to quote me?
yes, just agreeing with your statement.

F'scary
22-08-2014, 10:11 PM
What's wrong with you?

Nothing - I just thought it was open season on Harveys...

jeemak
23-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Nothing - I just thought it was open season on Harveys...

Yeah, mate I think sometimes it's better if the fancy stuff is kept off the forum though. We can all step over the line from time to time but we need to understand WOOF's a broad church with members of different tastes :)

bornadog
14-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Hope he cops it again:

NORTH Melbourne veteran Brent Harvey admits his preparation for Friday night's preliminary final against the Swans has been as impacted as he waits for the Match Review Panel to decide his fate.

The 36-year-old collided with Geelong skipper Joel Selwood in the second term of Friday night's semi-final win, forcing the Cats star from the field with a gash above his eye.

Harvey faces a nervous wait for Monday's MRP findings, with the midfielder burdened by 41 carry-over points and a 10 per cent poor record loading from his three-game ban after a round 21 misconduct charge.

boydogs
14-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Collided, lol. Lined him up, got off the ground, got him high

Bulldog Joe
14-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Actually think the contact by Boomer was minimal. Selwood was involved just previously with what looked like a head clash.

No fan of Boomer but thinking the comemtators were being a bit harsh and mostly because Selwood squealed to the umpires.

Remi Moses
14-09-2014, 06:29 PM
No different to the Fyfe suspension .
Harvey went the bump ( off the ground) made head contact.
Can't move the goalposts during the season .
Should get a week.

Maddog37
14-09-2014, 06:42 PM
Or two.

jazzadogs
14-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Or life.

Greystache
14-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Should get 3 down to 2 with a guilty plea... and a big fine!

westdog54
14-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Should get 3 down to 2 with a guilty plea... and a big fine!

There is very little in this world that would give me greater joy.

I hope he gets 2, misses next week, they get flogged, and we meet them in Round 2 so that Picko can bait him into another brain snap.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2014, 07:59 PM
There is very little in this world that would give me greater joy.

I hope he gets 2, misses next week, they get flogged, and we meet them in Round 2 so that Picko can bait him into another brain snap.

How about 2 weeks, they win, spend a week trying to get the Supreme Court to overturn the ban, fail, they then lose the GF by a point and hear for a summer about how if Boomer was playing they would've won.

Ozza
15-09-2014, 10:20 AM
No different to the Fyfe suspension .
Harvey went the bump ( off the ground) made head contact.
Can't move the goalposts during the season .
Should get a week.

Its quite actually different in that Fyfe was bumping as Rischitelli disposed of the ball - whereas Harvey bumped Selwood well OFF the ball. So it was in fact worse.

I thought the Fyfe suspension was horrible. A real blight on the game. But by any measure of precedent - Harvey must go.

always right
15-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Dislike the little shit but I reckon he'll get off...and he should.

LostDoggy
15-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Harvey suspended for 1 week!

The bad record cost him. North will appeal, as it will remain a 1 Week suspension even if he doesn't take the early plea.

Happy Days
16-09-2014, 02:35 AM
This is karma for Harvey breaking the g-code on Crowley.

chef
16-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Ridiculous suspension imo.

I don't have any hate for boomer or the kangas (which is surprising on here) so I feel sorry for the fella.

soupman
16-09-2014, 08:35 AM
Unlike Chef I dislike Harvey and North Melbourne, but this suspension is very soft.

BTW, anyone else watch the video on the AFL site highlighting similar incidents from this season to compare if Harvey would get suspended or not? There were about 8 incidents, and every single one resulted in a suspension, no matter the severity, except for two players. Adam Goodes and Lance Franklin. Now I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but it does look like they got special treatment, especially Buddy's where he nearly beheads the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/is-boomer-in-trouble

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Was listening to the radio yesterday (maybe SEN) and they were blaming Selwood. Must've just been a scar opened up, and that Selwood should go in to bat for the little piss-ant. I hate Boomer, he's an ordinary footballer and an even more ordinary bloke. Hope they lose the prelim by a point so he can agonise all summer about it.

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Please people let's not let the semantics of whether the decision was right or wrong cause us to look a gift horse in the mouth! Instead let's just give thanks the karma police (gotta love Radiohead) have caught up with this diminutive excuse for a human.

chef
16-09-2014, 09:00 AM
Unlike Chef I dislike Harvey and North Melbourne, but this suspension is very soft.

BTW, anyone else watch the video on the AFL site highlighting similar incidents from this season to compare if Harvey would get suspended or not? There were about 8 incidents, and every single one resulted in a suspension, no matter the severity, except for two players. Adam Goodes and Lance Franklin. Now I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but it does look like they got special treatment, especially Buddy's where he nearly beheads the player.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/is-boomer-in-trouble

To me it's no surprise that the AFL's love child players get off. Destroying my love of the game to win over a city that really doesn't give that much of a shit about our game.

Bulldog Joe
16-09-2014, 09:49 AM
The photo I saw that showed Boomer connecting with Selwood's head, appears to me to be with his(Selwood's) left side.

The bleeding from Selwood when he left the ground was over his right eye.

Selwood was involved in an incident immediately prior that looked to involve a head clash.

It seems that Harvey has a defence in this instance.

That doesn't alter the fact that Harvey acted recklessly (you may say stupidly with his record).

Remi Moses
16-09-2014, 07:54 PM
What a joke ! He got off.
Gotta love the AFL policy on the run!
Let's move the goalposts, because it's a final.
Crap rule, but it should be season long and not changed.

bulldogtragic
16-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Not rigged at all. Says Bonts 300 extra votes in the AFLPA award.

chef
16-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Happy he got off. If it was a Bulldog player in the situation I would have been pissed that he got a week. Sanity prevails.

Remi Moses
16-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Happy he got off. If it was a Bulldog player in the situation I would have been pissed that he got a week. Sanity prevails.

That's not the point though, they put in a set of rules then change them during the season.
Totally amateurish

chef
16-09-2014, 08:18 PM
That's not the point though, they put in a set of rules then change them during the season.
Totally amateurish

It's the AFL, why are you surprised. This game/league has been a farce for a while now.

Go_Dogs
16-09-2014, 08:30 PM
It's the AFL, why are you surprised. This game/league has been a farce for a while now.

Same as the Viney one for mine. Without commenting on the rule, or the initial decision, it's a joke both were reversed albeit both are different scenarios. Just shows the AFL continue to be swayed by media attention and public opinion, rather than being stringent in upholding the very rules they have put in place.

LostDoggy
16-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Disappointing result that the AFL once again folded to the pressures of the media. Should make the game more competitive though which is a plus, whilst I dislike the man, he is a great player.

Dancin' Douggy
16-09-2014, 10:24 PM
I think he should have got off.
It was so fast, it was in play. It wasn't malicious like a raised elbow. They were both looking right at each other.
If Selwood hadn't bled, no one would have even noticed the incident at all.

I don't really like Harvey or North, but as a lover of the game I would hate to see one of our boys suspended for that.

Topdog
17-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Wasn't malicious but it was off the ball and he did jump to apply the bump so by the rules of the game he should have been suspended.

The AFL buckled to pressure from the media.

BTW how do you apply a bump without being forceful?

Happy Days
17-09-2014, 12:53 PM
The only good to come out of this is that hopefully this leads to the scrapping of the MRP.

Twodogs
17-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Wasn't malicious but it was off the ball and he did jump to apply the bump so by the rules of the game he should have been suspended.

The whole MRP is a farce. It was made up by Anderson to try and avoid a precedent ruling by the courts over the old tribunal hearings from memory. The AFL was jumping at shadows.

Hotdog60
17-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Barrett's on the bandwagon. Hopefully a bit of media attention will make a change. I agree with his article the rules need to be clear.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/system-stands-for-nothing

always right
18-09-2014, 07:23 PM

He wasn't cited for the bump....he was cited for the head contact which no-one could argue was forceful. The right outcome in my view.

Remi Moses
18-09-2014, 07:55 PM
He wasn't cited for the bump....he was cited for the head contact which no-one could argue was forceful. The right outcome in my view.

That's all well and good but you can't change laws during a season.
He chose to bump and Selwood was off for 10 minutes.
It's actually worse than the Fyfe decision because the ball was in their vicinity( with Fyfe)

chef
18-09-2014, 08:11 PM
It's actually worse than the Fyfe decision because the ball was in their vicinity( with Fyfe)

Didn't he get the cut from an earlier contest?

always right
18-09-2014, 08:24 PM
I don't think they changed the rules. The contact has always needed to have some degree of force for the charge to stick. The fact Selwood was bleeding was not a result of the force.

Remi Moses
18-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Didn't he get the cut from an earlier contest?

He got clipped when Harvey chose to bump off the ball.
It's no different than the contact Rischitelli got .
The public court spoke, and the goalposts moved

LostDoggy
19-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Disappointing result that the AFL once again folded to the pressures of the media. Should make the game more competitive though which is a plus, whilst I dislike the man, he is a great player.

What makes Brent Harvey a great player? If you had to rank him amongst the all time best, where would you put him? I'd have him well outside the top 200, and that doesn't make him great.

1eyedog
19-09-2014, 09:46 AM
What makes Brent Harvey a great player? If you had to rank him amongst the all time best, where would you put him? I'd have him well outside the top 200, and that doesn't make him great.

I don't know about top 200 but he would easily be in the top 50 best players I've seen in my 42 years. He's a gun footballer.

chef
19-09-2014, 10:07 AM
I'd have him as a great, fantastic footballer.

If guys like Johnno and Westy are greats(IMO they are) so is boomer.

Maddog37
19-09-2014, 10:08 AM
I reckon you could name 1000 players you would rather have in your team than Boomer. Selfish player.

jeemak
19-09-2014, 10:22 AM
I'd have him as a great, fantastic footballer.

If guys like Johnno and Westy are greats(IMO they are) so is boomer.

Correct. Devastating player with his pace and ability to hurt on the score board. Gun, even if he is a stain.

1eyedog
19-09-2014, 10:23 AM
I reckon you could name 1000 players you would rather have in your team than Boomer. Selfish player.

In all fairness to Boomer he would have had coaches giving him a free licence for most of his career. When you're fast and smart and know where the goals are as a coach you just say get the ball to Boomer.

LostDoggy
19-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Answered by others above but he is a jet. Unrelenting speed, skill, and decision making ability over nearly two decades (made the top 40 AA squad this year and stiff too miss out in the team proper. If he was a bulldog, he would be up with Hawkins, Grant, Johnno as a modern day great. Now can you stop asking me questions forcing me to laud the cretin:)

Twodogs
19-09-2014, 01:27 PM

He's the only player I've seen get carried off the ground on a stretcher unconscious only to return and run the entire length of the ground with the ball and kick the goal that won the game for his team.

He's a turd but he's a gun at the same time.

EasternWest
19-09-2014, 02:07 PM

This question smacks of prejudicial thinking.

He's a grub, but he's a gun.

mighty_west
19-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Whilst I cannot stand Boomer, the right decision was made with the accidental head clash, yes he was a bit away from the play, but bumps off the ball happen all the time, plus I have an issue with accidental and being judged a unfair player, meaning ineligible to win the Brownlow (Best and FAIREST), how does an accident make you an unfair player? This is, and always has been a game of strength, courage, players are continually being trained up to be hard at it etc etc.

Accidental clashes have and will always happen.

Topdog
21-09-2014, 10:41 PM
Whilst I cannot stand Boomer, the right decision was made with the accidental head clash, yes he was a bit away from the play, but bumps off the ball happen all the time, plus I have an issue with accidental and being judged a unfair player, meaning ineligible to win the Brownlow (Best and FAIREST), how does an accident make you an unfair player? This is, and always has been a game of strength, courage, players are continually being trained up to be hard at it etc etc.

Accidental clashes have and will always happen.

Very true but the rules stipulate the opposite and it has seen other players be suspended already this year meaning it was too late to go changing things.