PDA

View Full Version : Likes and Thanks Options

GVGjr
24-08-2014, 01:45 PM
All,

A few days back we switched on the Likes and Thanks options you can use to acknowledge the efforts of other forum members to the discussions on the forum.

A few quick rules I'd like you all to consider.

Thanks - I think this should be used to acknowledge the thread starter if they have gone to a bit of extra effort in setting up a discussion

Like - You can like the post another forum member has made within the thread.

Just remember to not over do it. It's nice to have your contribution acknowledged as being valuable to the discussions on the forum but if we all remember to make sure its more for a special effort than just the run of the mill contributions I think it will be appreciated more.

By the way, we have a "who quoted me feature" that I haven't fully switched on yet. If you would like to receive notifications when another forum member has quoted something you have written then add you view here and I'll consider it. It might make it easier to quickly check the status of your previous posts.

Topdog
24-08-2014, 04:02 PM
I feel really stupid but where are these options?

GVGjr
24-08-2014, 05:03 PM
I feel really stupid but where are these options?

Try now, I might have missed an option. There should be two buttons under each post

EasternWest
24-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Honestly, I think we could do without them.

GVGjr
24-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Honestly, I think we could do without them.

I wasn't that keen to switch it on and it's the reason Ive set some guidelines. It can't hurt to give it a try but I'd ask everyone to only use it when it's really deserved

firstdogonthemoon
24-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks GVGjr i like this a lot. As long as we don't over do it I reckon this is a very nice way to show that we appreciate someone's post. It is certainly good for people with small footy brains who can just like something rather than adding a whole post saying "i like what that other guy said".