PDA

View Full Version : Macca's Message - Round 22

bornadog
26-08-2014, 11:22 PM
Link h (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-08-26/maccas-member-message-round-22?camefrom=EMCL_373063_17028096)ere

The bulldog tragician
26-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Ummm... It appears half way through a player in the background flips him the bird????

lemmon
26-08-2014, 11:48 PM
Ummm... It appears half way through a player in the background flips him the bird????

Not a professional look is it?

Greystache
26-08-2014, 11:49 PM

Yep, Redpath.

The bulldog tragician
27-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I wasn't sure which player it was, I actually thought Cooney. Not a good look.

Remi Moses
27-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Pretty bloody average :mad:

azabob
27-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Pretty bloody average :mad:

Yep, Redpath.

If it was, Redpath was only 50/50 to stay on the list, that could sway the decision.

LostDoggy
27-08-2014, 08:21 AM
He's flipping the camera as a joke you would think. I get the unprofessionalism argument blah blah but footy clubs still need to be able to have a laugh. Pretty childish but theres nothing in it.

G-Mo77
27-08-2014, 08:49 AM
He's flipping the camera as a joke you would think. I get the unprofessionalism argument blah blah but footy clubs still need to be able to have a laugh. Pretty childish but theres nothing in it.

I think there is, this is a members message and he's flipping them off. There are times to have a laugh and carry on in front of a camera addressed to the members in not the place to do it.

I'm surprised they didn't re-shoot that part or edit it out.

LostDoggy
27-08-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised they didn't re-shoot that part or edit it out.

This is a bigger issue than Redpath, it's not like it was a live cross, if the club is unhappy with that image it's entirely their own fault.

LostDoggy
27-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Last two points are fair but at worst: Redpath had a moment of stupidity (we don't recruit players based on uni scores - Wilbur and Bob maybe the exceptions) and someone in the media department fell asleep... Fair to say its not an awesome look however.

LostDoggy
27-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Geez aren't we precious. You can't see through the grainy video anyway, but if that's a 50/50 judgement on a player cull in people's eyes then wow.

It was clearly Mark Austin, Daniel Pearce, Alex Greenwood or Christian Howard anyway.

Maddog37
27-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Not really impressed with that personally. Love to know what Macca thinks about it......

The Pie Man
27-08-2014, 04:48 PM
Pretty silly of Redpath to act like that, though I find it way more strange that the club didn't properly vet that video before releasing to members. Would've thought after struggling with the fall out from Aker's performance enhancing drug article a few years ago that this is a lesson club admin had well & truly learnt?

I'm not offended, but I imagine the club has had to waste a bit of time fielding calls about it from some members who might've been - which if the case, that's time that could be much better spent.

ledge
27-08-2014, 05:33 PM
I personally am more interested in what the message is about than worry about a little birdy in the window..talk about blow up a story, are you blokes pushing for a reporter gig :-)?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
27-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Have they now edited it? I didn't see it.

Greystache
27-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Have they now edited it? I didn't see it.

40 second mark

Hotdog60
27-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Was it the 'bird' or the 'shaka' Thumb and pinky extended.

Maddog37
27-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Hope it was the latter.

Scorlibo
27-08-2014, 10:55 PM
Was it the 'bird' or the 'shaka' Thumb and pinky extended.

That's the way it looks to me.

The bulldog tragician
28-08-2014, 12:13 AM
I don't think the point is whether people are offended, but I wonder what it says about the players' respect for BMac. Can you imagine the uproar if this was Dane Swan doing it to Buckley. Perhaps a joke, but I'm not sure an old school coach like Macca with his emphasis on values would find it just a lark.

AndrewP6
28-08-2014, 12:18 AM
Pretty silly of Redpath to act like that, though I find it way more strange that the club didn't properly vet that video before releasing to members. Would've thought after struggling with the fall out from Aker's performance enhancing drug article a few years ago that this is a lesson club admin had well & truly learnt?

I'm not offended, but I imagine the club has had to waste a bit of time fielding calls about it from some members who might've been - which if the case, that's time that could be much better spent.

Spot on, if anyone is to blame it's whoever shot and edited the clip. Wouldn't have been hard to a) re-shoot it , or b) close the blinds first?

azabob
28-08-2014, 07:39 AM
I don't think the point is whether people are offended, but I wonder what it says about the players' respect for BMac. Can you imagine the uproar if this was Dane Swan doing it to Buckley. Perhaps a joke, but I'm not sure an old school coach like Macca with his emphasis on values would find it just a lark.

My view on the matter. Well said.

azabob
28-08-2014, 07:43 AM
Spot on, if anyone is to blame it's whoever shot and edited the clip. Wouldn't have been hard to a) re-shoot it , or b) close the blinds first?

Ok, picture this - you are using skype to conduct a parent teacher interview and a student flips you the bird and the parent sees it and tells you.

Do you then say that's ok the student isn't too blame, I should have shut the blinds so they couldn't see me an be tempted to flip me the bird?

Ozza
28-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Who needs the Herald Sun, when you have the Woof tabloid!

bornadog
28-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Ok, picture this - you are using skype to conduct a parent teacher interview and a student flips you the bird and the parent sees it and tells you.

Do you then say that's ok the student isn't too blame, I should have shut the blinds so they couldn't see me an be tempted to flip me the bird?

Actually doesn't matter whether its the Bird or a wave or anything, there should be no one in the background distracting the message being delivered.

Bulldog4life
28-08-2014, 11:53 AM
A very minor indiscretion in my opinion.

always right
28-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Why would you do it? Clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed.

AndrewP6
28-08-2014, 10:19 PM

Yes, pretty much. If i was doing such a thing, I would conduct such an interview in an environment and time where that wasn't going to happen. As they should've done.

Happy Days
29-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I rate it, I want to see more of it on the field.

Imagine, Stringer kicks a dirty goal from the fence and then runs the entire boundary to the 50 just giving the whole crowd the finger.

jeemak
29-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Yes, pretty much. If i was doing such a thing, I would conduct such an interview in an environment and time where that wasn't going to happen. As they should've done.

Ok, what if your students were adults?

AndrewP6
29-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Ok, what if your students were adults?

I might not think of it, and I'd probably be a bit annoyed at the perp, but then I'd get over it (and tell myself to shut the blinds next time)

jeemak
29-08-2014, 11:17 PM
That's fair enough.