PDA

View Full Version : My Hopes For The Bulldogs In Coming Years

Eastdog
30-08-2014, 05:01 AM
My hopes for the Bulldogs in the coming years:

1. That we keep recruiting players well and developing them the best we can.

2. Make the finals and hopefully be in the running for the flag and win one.

3. To gain more supporters from not only the west but from the east, north and south too along with Country Victoria and Interstate and even overseas!!

4. To strike a better stadium deal with Etihad Stadium than we are currently have.

5. To play at better timeslots and get some Friday and Saturday footy in there. Too much Sunday.

6. To play a bit more at the MCG than we do. This is the ground where finals are won and lost not Etihad or any other ground.

SonofScray
30-08-2014, 08:59 AM
My hope is that a Flag Will Wag.

I'd also like to see us as a membership collective find some sort of game day ritual that is unique and engenders a sense of rare collectivism. A tangible, kinetic, auditory and visual experience that brings us together and leaves participants with no doubt they are us. That leaves no doubt in the minds of others they are not. Footy at its heart is tribal and I would love for that spirit to be fully realised once again through our Club.

See a player in RW&B kick 100 goals in a season.

A Russian squillionaire decides they love footy and the Club, tipping a few billion our way to Bulldoze the Debt, redevelop WO in a 21k stadium with seating and terracing for games v Port, GC, GWS, Freo.

GVGjr
30-08-2014, 09:14 AM
- 38,000 members within 3 years. That will give us us a great base to build upon.
- Finals football by 2016.
- Additional revenue streams all making a positive contribution to the club.

bornadog
30-08-2014, 11:00 AM
- 38,000 members within 3 years. That will give us us a great base to build upon.
i think that is achievable

Eastdog
30-08-2014, 06:00 PM

I like your thinking GVGjr.

Twodogs
30-08-2014, 06:22 PM
- additional revenue streams all making a positive contribution to the club.

I'd like to see the Edgewater redevelopment up and operating. And profitable.

Eastdog
30-08-2014, 06:25 PM

Yes that will be big for us as a social venue for our supporters and members to meet and to make some revenue.

The bulldog tragician
30-08-2014, 06:40 PM
I hope for an entertaining attractive style of footy, led by exciting young guns who make the turnstiles click and ensure our future just by the sheer magic of names like The BONT, Stringer and Macrae.
I hope for an era of sustained finals success where we learn to stand up in big games and deliver flag(s). Is it greedy to want to see two by 2020?
I hope that we keep our young talent, make wise and sensible recruiting and list management decisions, and get success through developing that talent.

F'scary
30-08-2014, 07:22 PM
I would just like to see our brains trust discover the elusive secret of how to recruit good quality key position players and ruckmen.

GVGjr
30-08-2014, 10:08 PM

Exactly. The time and resources not to mention the distraction we have had in getting this completed could be better used on other projects.

Remi Moses
30-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Onfield - just keep recruiting( draft) no fringe failure forwards with major deficiencies.
Recruit for a long period of success ( sick to death of seeing Hawks, Cats, Swans up there for an eternity)
Yes I'm green with envy.
Off field - push for better exposure. More members, improving off field revenue( edge water facility up an going would be nice )