PDA

View Full Version : Dear VFL, give us the pre-lim this years.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2014, 10:28 AM
WOOF has had many positive results by raising issues and respecting beards. Now we need to amp pressure on the VFL to get the pre-lim at WO. There will be a bigger crowd, better atmosphere and great result for everyone. Plus it would be a good windfall for us. If Geelong can get AFL finals, then surely we can commence a public conversation to have our home pre-lim at home.

All you tweeters and Facebookers we are relying on you.

#whittenovalprelim

Twodogs
01-09-2014, 10:48 AM
The ground announcer said the words "forward", "back","Whitten Oval" and "Preliminary Final" all in the same sentence in an announcement not long after the game had finished but I can't vouch for what the other words in the sentence were.

Webby
01-09-2014, 12:02 PM
WOOF has had many positive results by raising issues and respecting beards. Now we need to amp pressure on the VFL to get the pre-lim at WO. There will be a bigger crowd, better atmosphere and great result for everyone. Plus it would be a good windfall for us. If Geelong can get AFL finals, then surely we can commence a public conversation to have our home pre-lim at home.

All you tweeters and Facebookers we are relying on you.

#whittenovalprelim

It's a fair argument, really. The VFL tends to prefer Port Melbourne's ground for prelims. However we're likely to be playing Port in the prelim in two weeks time. Surely North Port Obal is out of the question by virtue of the fact that it's their home ground? Our crowds have dwarfed the rest of the comp and we are now the highest "seeded" team in the finals, now.

LostDoggy
01-09-2014, 12:11 PM
VFL website has both prelims listed as North Port Oval (us on the Sunday)

Bulldog4life
01-09-2014, 12:12 PM
It's a fair argument, really. The VFL tends to prefer Port Melbourne's ground for prelims. However we're likely to be playing Port in the prelim in two weeks time. Surely North Port Obal is out of the question by virtue of the fact that it's their home ground? Our crowds have dwarfed the rest of the comp and we are now the highest "seeded" team in the finals, now.

It has never worried the VFL in the past.

Webby
01-09-2014, 12:14 PM

#%#^ck...... Who do I have to kill to see my club play on a Saturday??!!!

Greystache
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM

#%#^ck...... Who do I have to kill to see my club play on a Saturday??!!!

We're listed to play Saturday at 2:10pm. But yes, it's at North Port Oval.

It's not too late from a planning perspective to get it moved. We should be lobbying like hell to play at WO.

bornadog
01-09-2014, 12:55 PM
If we are to play Port, at minimum it should be a neutral ground.

ledge
01-09-2014, 01:35 PM
If you bought the VFL football record yesterday it has the times, days and grounds for finals.. Apparently round one of finals is the only one played at home grounds, after that its all at Nth Port Oval.

Cyberdoggie
01-09-2014, 02:43 PM
It's not entirely fair but every team knows this going in to each season. No point complaining about it now.

North Port is the finals venue for all but 3 games.

Don't forget the VFL also relies heavily on it's partnership with the ABC broadcasting the games. It's much easier and cost effective I would imagine for them to setup in the one venue for the entire weekend.

As much I love the WO, North Port is a fantastic ground to watch footy from with great atmosphere in prelims when a good crowd is there.

Besides we have already beaten them there once this year.

If even half the number of people who went to the WO on sunday go to the prelim at Port the crowd will be easily 3-1 in Footscray's favour. That's pretty much a home game advantage if you ask me.

They also have Borough Burgers!

Twodogs
01-09-2014, 02:58 PM
It's not entirely fair but every team knows this going in to each season. No point complaining about it now.

North Port is the finals venue for all but 3 games.

Don't forget the VFL also relies heavily on it's partnership with the ABC broadcasting the games. It's much easier and cost effective I would imagine for them to setup in the one venue for the entire weekend.

As much I love the WO, North Port is a fantastic ground to watch footy from with great atmosphere in prelims when a good crowd is there.

Besides we have already beaten them there once this year.

If even half the number of people who went to the WO on sunday go to the prelim at Port the crowd will be easily 3-1 in Footscray's favour. That's pretty much a home game advantage if you ask me.

They also have Borough Burgers!

Correct.

If its going to be there we just need as many people as possible to go and neuter the home ground advantage.

LostDoggy
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Might not even be Port we play :)

Cyberdoggie
01-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Might not even be Port we play :)

Don't think Sandy will beat Port.

Especially now that the saints are done for the year and mad Monday is over.

LostDoggy
02-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Fair enough played at Port. No one complains about the GF being played at the MCG each year.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Saturday vs Port Melbourne, at Port Melbourne.

Shame they get the home ground advantage. But should be a cracking game.

Twodogs
07-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Carnascray!!!!!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Footscray Pre Lim. First since 1992.

chef
07-09-2014, 08:45 PM
We beat them there last time and we can do it again.