PDA

View Full Version : Assistant coaches

Twodogs
07-09-2014, 04:32 PM
I read in the paper this morning that Collingwood had ten coaches in total. I thought "thats a lot surely no team needs that many coaches"

Then I counted how many coaches the website says we have. We have eleven coaches including the part timers.

With Grant gone instead of adding to the group maybe a couple of the part timers could be full time?

bulldogtragic
07-09-2014, 04:35 PM
I read in the paper this morning that Collingwood had ten coaches in total. I thought "thats a lot surely no team needs that many coaches"

Then I counted how many coaches the website says we have. We have eleven coaches including the part timers.

With Grant gone instead of adding to the group maybe a couple of the part timers could be full time?

Mooney has media, but Scarlett could be handy as we seem to not be defending as we should.

azabob
07-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Mooney has media, but Scarlett could be handy as we seem to not be defending as we should.

Can Scarlett coach?

My preference is an outsider to come in with fresh ideas.

Not sure who that is though.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Can Scarlett coach?

My preference is an outsider to come in with fresh ideas.

Not sure who that is though.

Bomber? Voss? Scott West?

GVGjr
07-09-2014, 05:03 PM
If we were to chase a senior assistant coach I would consider having a talk to Adam Kingsley from the Saints. He seems impressive when I have heard him talk.

bornadog
07-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Collingwood will be reducing coaches due to the new equalisation policy.

ledge
07-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Gia for Grant... Maybe straight swap

azabob
07-09-2014, 06:14 PM

I wouldn't be happy with that at all.

LostDoggy
07-09-2014, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't be happy with that at all.

Why?

azabob
07-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Why?

I want fresh ideas, fresh voice to be heard. Ideally from a person who has experienced success as a player or as am assistant coach.

I also wonder if Gia is too close to the current group to make the hard decision.

GVGjr
07-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Macca has already pointed out that Gia will work with the players that move between the Western Bulldogs and Footscray to ensure that can get back into the senior side.
I don't think they will move him into a senior coaching role for next season.

Go_Dogs
07-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Without knowing much at all about how Grant has gone, I think we are due to look at some new options so think this is a positive move.

I assume we have someone in mind as a replacement.

Remi Moses
08-09-2014, 04:37 AM
Good move, although it's difficult to know to the inner workings of " the assistant coaches" at footy clubs.
We do need to mix it up .

LostDoggy
08-09-2014, 08:17 AM
How about we get some decent blokes in instead of all these Norf and Geelong crew.

Head Coach - Leon Cameron
Assistant Coach - Brad Johnson
Ruck Coach - Scott Wynd
Forward Coach - Chris Grant
Midfield Coach - Scott West
Back Coach / Spiritual Advisor - Danny Southern