PDA

View Full Version : Goal of the year voting

boydogs
08-09-2014, 11:10 PM
Bonti well behind, spread the word and let's see if we can get him some recognition

https://goaloftheyear.afl.com.au/vote/round/24

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Done. Surely he can't miss out on this as well

BulldogBelle
09-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Done.

They have the scores around the wrong way on the voting site!

wimberga
09-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Done.

They have the scores around the wrong way on the voting site!

Voted!!

Thought this looked odd - Pretty sure it was matchWINNING goal!

wb_age
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Surely something is wrong with their mobile site, no matter what I do it only lets me vote for Eddie Betts (no wonder why he is leading)

Murphy'sLore
09-09-2014, 10:53 AM
Done and shared on FB (not that that will help much as none of my friends are into football).

It will be a travesty if he doesn't win this, having been robbed of the Rising Star already!

The red, white and blue chip on my shoulder is growing steadily...

Greystache
09-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Surely something is wrong with their mobile site, no matter what I do it only lets me vote for Eddie Betts (no wonder why he is leading)

Same. From a mobile you can only vote for Eddie Betts.

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Done. Go Bonti!

Daughter of the West
09-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Voted twice (two email addresses)!

I think you can vote once each day with the same email - so back I will go tomorrow...

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Same. From a mobile you can only vote for Eddie Betts.

Same here, this needs to be brought to someone's attention. I actually think I accidently voted for Betts trying to find Bont, I feel sick!

Scorlibo
09-09-2014, 12:47 PM
What the..? Not only is there the Betts bug on the mobile version, they've also got the scores around the wrong way from the game! It reads as us being beaten by Melbourne by a goal. The whole appeal of that goal was that it won us the match. I'm starting to think that the AFL is conspiring against The Bont.

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
They have Port and Richmonds score around the wrong way too..

Even more frustating, Betts kicks his goal from about the 4th row.

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Hate how goty and moty are just popularity contests that advantage the bigger clubs again. Port Adelaide have 50,000 members who are I'm the grips of finals fever and probably reading logging on to everything PA everyday. Compare this to what the general Bulldog punter is doing right now (excluding woof members of course). Just seems like the voting system on this suits bigger clubs as well. Might cost Bonts a car. Also what with 3AW running a goty comp and not even mentioning Bont in the promo, can't remember the names but they say three names in a like who's your pick kind of way, and Bonts is missing.

Bulldog4life
09-09-2014, 02:16 PM
I take little notice of awards given by the public. It basically comes down to who has the most supporters. Yes I still voted.

Flamethrower
09-09-2014, 05:48 PM
I always thought that the Mark and Goal of the Year official awards were voted on and announced by the All Australian voting committee to stop it being fixed.

However it seems that now only the top 3 is voted on by the AA voters, and the award is decided by internet voting, and therefore open to hackers, software bugs, vote rigging and denial of service attacks.

LostDoggy
09-09-2014, 06:13 PM
I always thought that the Mark and Goal of the Year official awards were voted on and announced by the All Australian voting committee to stop it being fixed.

However it seems that now only the top 3 is voted on by the AA voters, and the award is decided by internet voting, and therefore open to hackers, software bugs, vote rigging and denial of service attacks.

You sound like you know what's going on, can you arrange all those things so Bont can win? I would but I am a luddite!

Twodogs
09-09-2014, 06:37 PM
How many people usually vote on these? Millions?

Greystache
09-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Especially when there's a prize of significant value for the winner. A similar thing happened a few years ago, there was a flash ute being awarded to the player voted sexiest in the league. Kent Kingsley's girlfriend and her family spent days voting non-stop and he won the car.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Especially when there's a prize of significant value for the winner. A similar thing happened a few years ago, there was a flash ute being awarded to the player voted sexiest in the league. Kent Kingsley's girlfriend and her family spent days voting non-stop and he won the car.

Hmm, was that a new girlfriend after Geelong. Rumours being rumours...

F'scary
09-09-2014, 09:48 PM
done:

LostDoggy
22-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Hate how goty and moty are just popularity contests that advantage the bigger clubs again. Port Adelaide have 50,000 members who are I'm the grips of finals fever and probably reading logging on to everything PA everyday. Compare this to what the general Bulldog punter is doing right now (excluding woof members of course). Just seems like the voting system on this suits bigger clubs as well. Might cost Bonts a car. Also what with 3AW running a goty comp and not even mentioning Bont in the promo, can't remember the names but they say three names in a like who's your pick kind of way, and Bonts is missing.

True to form! White's goal was great but Bonti never stood a chance!

Twodogs
23-09-2014, 12:18 PM

That's another reason not to listen to them. I think I shall add it to the list.

Then, when the revolution comes, we shall examine the list.

craigsahibee
23-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Motorola Flip Phones must have been glowing red down Alberton way over the last couple of weeks. Interesting that Wingard won MOTY also. Lots of pre-paid credit used up earlier than usual in Adelaide. Club sponsored campaigns as a way of adding bonuses outside of the salary cap. Player places car on CarSales.com and totally random buyer?? pays overs.

Greystache
23-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Motorola Flip Phones must have been glowing red down Alberton way over the last couple of weeks. Interesting that Wingard won MOTY also. Lots of pre-paid credit used up earlier than usual in Adelaide. Club sponsored campaigns as a way of adding bonuses outside of the salary cap. Player places car on CarSales.com and totally random buyer?? pays overs.

Apparently Port's marketing team had daily campaigns getting members to vote for their 2 nominees so they would win and get publicity. No doubt as part of that the marketing team themselves cast thousands of votes.

soupman
23-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Apparently Port's marketing team had daily campaigns getting members to vote for their 2 nominees so they would win and get publicity. No doubt as part of that the marketing team themselves cast thousands of votes.

Plus it's much easier to engage your supporters when you are deep into a finals campaign ad playing the most attractive footy in the comp. We never stood a chance.

ledge
23-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Plus it's much easier to engage your supporters when you are deep into a finals campaign ad playing the most attractive footy in the comp. We never stood a chance.

And you have half a state supporting you.

azabob
30-09-2014, 07:35 PM
I saw over the weekend that Bonti won 3aw goal of the year.

LostDoggy
30-09-2014, 07:41 PM
From the Guardian Australia's end of season awards..

The Peter Daicos Boot for goal of the year

“Bontempelli’s Goal of the Year?” was how the AFL labeled the following YouTube clip after the Bulldogs rookie produced one of the greatest virtuoso solos you’ll ever witness in AFL. Unfortunately nobody on the league’s official judging panel agreed with that description, so the award ended up going to Port Adelaide’s Matt White. As far as slights against the Doggies go, it wasn’t as bad as Libba’s ‘point’ in the 1997 prelim, but it was still cause for justified rancour.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/sep/30/afl-end-of-season-awards

F'scary
30-09-2014, 09:29 PM

“Bontempelli’s Goal of the Year?” was how the AFL labeled the following YouTube clip after the Bulldogs rookie produced one of the greatest virtuoso solos you’ll ever witness in AFL. Unfortunately nobody on the league’s official judging panel agreed with that description, so the award ended up going to Port Adelaide’s Matt White. As far as slights against the Doggies go, it wasn’t as bad as Libba’s ‘point’ in the 1997 prelim, but it was still cause for justified rancour.

Bertie, a Guardian reader? They don't even have a form guide.

F'scary
30-09-2014, 09:42 PM

I stand corrected. Loan a few off Jeeves to win your inheritance back.

LostDoggy
30-09-2014, 11:39 PM

Well, First Dog On The Moon slums it there..so I supppose it's ok for an occasional visit :)

westdog54
03-10-2014, 08:38 PM

No doubt WOOF's resident cartoonist may have had a hand in this decision.