PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Family Day?

bulldogtragic
24-09-2014, 12:24 PM
After reading woofers taking family and getting feedback about my parents and grand parents, could we do a reverse family day. What I mean is, our family day seems to centre on parents bringing kids and the day centred around kids. Which is great. But could there be an opportunity to have another day, where kids actually bring parents & grand parents and the day is centred on things that 50-90 year olds might enjoy? My nan hasn't gone to a family day in over a decade and wouldn't enjoy it, which is not a bad thing, but there's no pre season event she would really like. But with our ageing supporter demographics could we think of away to bring your oldies to enjoy a different or reverse family day?

bornadog
24-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Great idea.

When my daughter was at primary school they had a grandparents day and it worked really well. They had all sorts of activities for the grandparents with their grand children.

Twodogs
24-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Could we organise another premiership for the day?

Bulldog4life
24-09-2014, 02:44 PM
After reading woofers taking family and getting feedback about my parents and grand parents, could we do a reverse family day. What I mean is, our family day seems to centre on parents bringing kids and the day centred around kids. Which is great. But could there be an opportunity to have another day, where kids actually bring parents & grand parents and the day is centred on things that 50-90 year olds might enjoy? My nan hasn't gone to a family day in over a decade and wouldn't enjoy it, which is not a bad thing, but there's no pre season event she would really like. But with our ageing supporter demographics could we think of away to bring your oldies to enjoy a different or reverse family day?

Might have to make that 50-100 BT.:) Actually my wife and I have been regulars at the East West day taking along my 90 year old mum and 95 year old dad each year. They love it. They get to meet the players, get some pics taken and the crowd isn't as intimidating as that at the Family day at Whitten Oval. All players have been fantastic with my oldies too. I recommend it would be a great day for your nan.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Might have to make that 50-100 BT.:) Actually my wife and I have been regulars at the East West day taking along my 90 year old mum and 95 year old dad each year. They love it. They get to meet the players, get some pics taken and the crowd isn't as intimidating as that at the Family day at Whitten Oval. All players have been fantastic with my oldies too. I recommend it would be a great day for your nan.
100, great loyalty!! The players are always good, we've been spoilt this way. I think dear old nan loves the heritage and reminiscing in our history. Just a slightly different slant. Minno was really great with her, I think the photo of them is on the fridge.