PDA

View Full Version : Official delistings

ledge
24-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Howard, Young and Goodes delisted, I would say the others eg Grant are being looked at as trades.

Pedro Sanchez
24-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Howard, Young and Goodes delisted, I would say the others eg Grant are being looked at as trades.

Can't imagine Grant would be delisted - not after the effort to get him re-signed last seaon. A trade is possible, as always, depends who's being offered the other way...

ReLoad
24-09-2014, 04:10 PM
defiantly more trades/de listings to come.

Big thanks to Howard, Young and especially Goodes for their time at the dogs, Goodes in particular never left a stone unturned, father time caught up with him.

Good luck to you all in the future, i hope that you are successful in whatever it is that you set your minds to.

bornadog
24-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Howard - Wasn't his fault he was a first rounder. Hip problems hindered his development which din't help his cause

Goodes - Drafted as a mature, did his job last year till he broke his wrist. Hope he stays on as a VFL player.

Young - I am a bit disappointed with Young, thought he showed potential but seems to have gone backwards this year.

Good luck to all three players in the future.

KT31
24-09-2014, 04:48 PM
So far Macca true to his word and only five off list, really hoping he was foxing and would cut a bit deeper.

Dogmatic
24-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Daniel Pearce is lucky....i thought he has showed potential at times but given he didn't play this year, i thought he was in line to be delisted.

Boyd was lucky to get another year, we should have retired him IMO.

Other than those two, im not sure there was anyone else to cut.

bornadog
24-09-2014, 04:52 PM
So far Macca true to his word and only five off list, really hoping he was foxing and would cut a bit deeper.

Five off, one on (Jong). He did mention that they were considering two from the Rookie list. I hope its Redpath.

bornadog
24-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Daniel Pearce is lucky....i thought he has showed potential at times but given he didn't play this year, i thought he was in line to be delisted.

The one thing maybe that is saving Daniel, is he is still 20 years old.

westdog54
24-09-2014, 04:54 PM

There may be more changes depending on trade movements etc. I dare say we've resigned ourselves to losing Higgins.

Thank you to all three players for their services and efforts during their time at the club. I sincerely hope we are able to retain Goodes' services at VFL level.

I'm glad that Pearce remains on the list. He's had rotten injury luck.

ledge
24-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Wasn't Pearce the one Chris Grant spotted ?

azabob
24-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Are you mixing up Pruden and Wynd?

ledge
24-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Was it ? It's why I asked, I remember one of our great players spotted someone, I stand corrected.

LostDoggy
24-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Spotted someone in the TAC Cup??????

G-Mo77
24-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Kind of hurts this year. These guys were hero's on Sunday and now they're gone. All 3 I'll forever remember as players of the only Bulldog GF team I've seen.

DISHLICKERS
24-09-2014, 05:44 PM

Chris Grant was asked something along the lines of which youngster should we watch out for and he responded with Pearce. You maybe referring to that.

I am keen to see Pearce stay on he is a keep for me. Has had injuries but he good composure and seems to know a little bit about the caper.

ledge
24-09-2014, 05:49 PM
That was probably it

Pedro Sanchez
24-09-2014, 05:55 PM
As other posters pointed out, Wynd originally spotted Pruden and alerted the club. I think it was back in his role as coach of Assumption College.

Personally I think Pruden is a real smokey. He reminds me a bit of Simon Black. If he can get fit and stay away from injuries, he could quickly push for a spot in the senior side… I’m really hopeful.

Remi Moses
24-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Good luck to the lads and their future endeavours.
What happens to Greenwood, Redpath and Austin.

bornadog
24-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Fuller lucky at this stage, but he may be contracted.

Bulldog Joe
24-09-2014, 06:24 PM
This is only the first change to the list.

I expect there will be more movement after trade week, when we see what that throws up.

Obviously decisions need to be made on the 3 remaining rookies and movements through trade week could influence those decisions.

As we near list lodgement deadlines, we could well see more delistings. Players like Pearce, Fuller et al would not be safe until that is done.

AndrewP6
24-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Kind of hurts this year. These guys were hero's on Sunday and now they're gone. All 3 I'll forever remember as players of the only Bulldog GF team I've seen.

I'd be surprised if at least a couple didn't stay on with Footscray.

Twodogs
24-09-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd be surprised if at least a couple didn't stay on with Footscray.

I reckon so too.

GVGjr
24-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Good luck to the lads and their future endeavours.
What happens to Greenwood, Redpath and Austin.

They might be all subject to what happens with out of contract players. Redpath a good chance for an upgrade. Young being delisted might assist Austin.

boydogs
24-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Pearce very lucky IMO, I would have him behind Young, Goodes and all the rookies

BulldogBelle
24-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Re the delistings:

Goodes: Sorry to see him go. He contributed greatly to Footscray's success this year. Who will replace him to provide all of the drive at Footscray, to help maintain a winning culture? Boyd maybe.

Howard: Nice guy and played well for Footscray this year. He could have been delisted in a previous year. So he has been given longer on the list than I expected.

Young: A young guy who really gets into the play and provides a lot of drive out of defense. probably still has improvement in him, but has made a lot of errors.

Who else:

Greenwood? Has improved somewhat towards the end of the season but still not good enough.

Austin? I am baffled. Can't understand why he was drafted from Carlton, can't understand why he wasn't delisted years ago.

Pearce? A young guy, some improvement possible, but has not shown any special skills.

Redpath? Nice tough guy, but he is just ordinary and I can't see that he will improve, no special skills.

Grant? Can't put more than a few games together. His X factor just isn't enough.

Boyd? Hopefully Jong will replace Boyd and Boyd will lead Footscray.

Dickson? Getting a bit old in the tooth now. Not likely to become a regular senior's player.

Tutt? He just has not raised his level of play that extra 5% that would make him a great player. A back-up player at best.

Fuller? Can you explain again why we recruited him, was it because he runs in from the HBF and kicks the ball long?

I guess some of the guys have contracts until next year. I really want us to delist more players and find and draft some tall KP's. That's what we need, some good KP's to back up our immensely talented young brigade. So we can win a premiership. Don't waste opportunities by hanging onto duds, but shouldn't delist too many.

Go_Dogs
24-09-2014, 07:57 PM
The delistings make sense, although like others have expressed I thought Young showed some promising signs last year although hasn't quite come on as we may have hoped this year.

Will be interesting to monitor over the coming months.

Glad that all 3 were able to win a premiership with the VFL side on Sunday, if you've got to go, that's a reasonable way to do it.

Throughandthrough
24-09-2014, 08:03 PM
I believe Fuller expects the second year of his Rookie contract to be fulfilled.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Personally I am sorry to see Young go. Thought he might have got another year at least.

chef
24-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Personally I am sorry to see Young go. Thought he might have got another year at least.

Always a chance he could be rookied.

Bulldog4life
24-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Always a chance he could be rookied.

True Chef. I hope it's with us.

F'scary
24-09-2014, 08:16 PM
The cleansing has started.

FrediKanoute
24-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I believe Fuller expects the second year of his Rookie contract to be fulfilled.

We could downgrade him to a rookie list (we did this with West a few years ago) which would make space on the list for someone.

I am expecting that we will upgrade Redpath. I think like most talls they take time and he is a fierce competitor who could be a decent player in the short term.

whythelongface
24-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Happy enough with the list changes thus far. Hopefully one or two more are added - Austin and Greenwood. Like some others surprised to see that Pearce has survived the cull (thus far).

kruder
24-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Anyone know how long Cordy is contracted for?

Remi Moses
24-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Greenwood and Austin for me, and I think Fuller and Pearce will stay .
Austin's 25, so isn't going to get better, and Greenwood's had his chance .
Redpath's future might depend on what happens with Liam Jones.

Bulldog Joe
24-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Greenwood and Austin for me, and I think Fuller and Pearce will stay .
Austin's 25, so isn't going to get better, and Greenwood's had his chance .
Redpath's future might depend on what happens with Liam Jones.

Greenwood is an interesting case. His VFL finals were very good. If he wasn't with us already he would be talked up as a possible draftee. He isn't probably what we need, but I do believe he deserves a chance somewhere. I will not be upset if we find a spot on the main list for him.

azabob
24-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Anyone know how long Cordy is contracted for?

Ether end of 2015 or 2016.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2014, 11:16 PM
I will be irritated if any of Pearce, Austin or Greenwood are still on the list next year.

Happy to give Fuller one more year.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2014, 11:27 PM
I will be irritated if any of Pearce, Austin or Greenwood are still on the list next year.

That's my starting point for irritation. If we over estimate the list again and keep cloggers on who prove the club wrong again by mid next year, I will start turning my attention to both Maccas jobs by mid next year. No other club would recruit those 3, why would we keep them baffles me. We need to be turning over the list now (and last year) for maximum return in future years.

azabob
24-09-2014, 11:34 PM

We have 15 players ( including the 3 today) who by 2015 should no longer be with the club. Not including wood or jones. We still need to cut further.

I don't think we wil delist anymore senior players. Maybe trade one or two.

The final list will be interesting.

Scorlibo
24-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Greenwood is an interesting case. His VFL finals were very good. If he wasn't with us already he would be talked up as a possible draftee. He isn't probably what we need, but I do believe he deserves a chance somewhere. I will not be upset if we find a spot on the main list for him.

He would have to be the least talked about player on our list, wouldn't he? On WOOF anyway. I personally really like the way he plays, he seems to have time in tight where others don't, and generally uses it well. My question mark would be over his ability to accumulate the football, which doesn't seem particularly good, and perhaps his body size, which is quite slender for an inside midfielder at AFL level. But I agree with you in that I wouldn't be at all upset to see him stay - there is plenty to work with.

bornadog
24-09-2014, 11:51 PM

Pearce and Greenwood are yet to turn 21. Fuller to me looked like he wasn't even at VFL standard before he was injured. He was a very strange signing.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Pearce and Greenwood are yet to turn 21. Fuller to me looked liked he wasn't even at VFL standard before he was injured. He was a very strange signing.

Both are absolutely no where near AFL level regardless of age.

I don't rate Greenwood, but even he's ahead of Pearce, and he shouldn't have been kept on the rookie list for this season to begin with.

bornadog
25-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Both are absolutely no where near AFL level regardless of age.

I don't rate Greenwood, but even he's ahead of Pearce, and he shouldn't have been kept on the rookie list for this season to begin with.

I wouldn't be unhappy if we lost all three.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2014, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't be unhappy if we lost all three.

I'd like to see us persist with Fuller for one more year, hopefully injury free, given we spent a relatively decent pick on him. He looked a mile off the pace, but perhaps a fixed shoulder/some more coaching/another pre-season will help him give a better account of his ability.

bornadog
25-09-2014, 12:28 AM
I'd like to see us persist with Fuller for one more year, hopefully injury free, given we spent a relatively decent pick on him. He looked a mile off the pace, but perhaps a fixed shoulder/some more coaching/another pre-season will help him give a better account of his ability.

I think he is contracted for another year

Happy Days
25-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Pearce has to go, has to. He's too slow to be anything but a liability defensively, and is not a good kick. Hate to say it but I also question his endeavour.

Redpath and Austin are bad and we all know it. And does anyone see Greenwood playing AFL next year? The year after? Ever? There's no upside in keeping any of these guys around.

The common affliction with AFL is that everyone has to see some outstanding or good quality in players that just isn't there. We need to be real here and admit some of the guys on our list aren't good.

always right
25-09-2014, 02:27 PM
I think Redpath is a chance to be elevated. Liked his grand final a lot. Greenwood unfortunately has no point of difference and haven't seen anything special in Pearce although he's had a poor run with injuries. Agree Austin should be delisted.

G-Mo77
25-09-2014, 02:53 PM
I think Redpath is a chance to be elevated. Liked his grand final a lot. Greenwood unfortunately has no point of difference and haven't seen anything special in Pearce although he's had a poor run with injuries. Agree Austin should be delisted.

That's be 2 elevations leaving us with only 3 empty spots pending FA and trade period. I think he's a good chance as well I would have like to have seen a few more names on this list though.

azabob
25-09-2014, 03:25 PM
That's be 2 elevations leaving us with only 3 empty spots pending FA and trade period. I think he's a good chance as well I would have like to have seen a few more names on this list though.

And Father Sons which I mentioned earlier.

Mantis
25-09-2014, 04:51 PM

Could that decision hinge on what happens with Jones?

Mofra
25-09-2014, 04:53 PM
We look likely to lose at least Higgins, probably Jones as well.
That's 7 off the list, with at least one elevation (Jong) and whoever we get during the trade period.

It's a decent enough turnover

KT31
25-09-2014, 05:06 PM
We look likely to lose at least Higgins, probably Jones as well.
That's 7 off the list, with at least one elevation (Jong) and whoever we get during the trade period.

It's a decent enough turnover

If that's it, Pearce and Austin should count themselves to be two of the luckiest blokes going around.

LostDoggy
25-09-2014, 05:33 PM
If that's it, Pearce and Austin should count themselves to be two of the luckiest blokes going around.

Austin is on the rookie list KT and Mofra isn't counting that in his figures.

Mofra
25-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Austin is on the rookie list KT and Mofra isn't counting that in his figures.
Bingo - I wouldn't be totally surprised if Jong is the only rookie upgraded, especially if we have identified a tall target for trade/drafting.

As popular as Redpath is, if we manage to grad a genuine developing tall forward at the draft table we may favour development of the kid over Redpath.
I don't think Austin is as bad as some suggest but again, his fate rests on trade time IMO.
Greenwood looks "ok" but that may not be enough to save his fate.

F'scary
25-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Off the list: Gia, Williams, Young, Goodes, Howard = 5

Draft picks 5, 23, 41, 59, 77 are free

Going...going Higgins, Jones

= 2 second round picks extra

Jong upgrade with pick pick 95.

Equals 3 more players to be delisted.

Pearce, Fuller, ???

No other rookies promoted (please).

soupman
25-09-2014, 10:04 PM
I like Greenwood, just seems to get in the right spots at the right time. But he's so small and without any tricks other than timing to make up for it I can't see him making it and tbh he was lucky to spend as long as he did on the list.

Austin I rated as a stop gap, and then the last 6 rounds happened. I would much rather find out if Roberts and/or Talia have what it takes than continue with Austin.

Redpath isn't bad, but I'm yet to see him display anything consistently that says he could be a solid contributor at AFL level. He isn't a good mark, he doesn't present frequently enough as a leading option, he doesn't have an ability to do the unique, he isn't a swingman and he often really struggles to get the footy. The only time I've seen him and though he was maybe ok was the last quarter in the GF. And that was simply because of hus hunger and aggression. Unless he can permanently switch himself to "hunt" mode then I don't think he's worth the spot on our list, regardless of what happens with Jones, Jaksch etc. Shame because he is a very nice kick and seems like a nice guy.

The Cowshed
25-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Fuller is contracted for 2015 (you get 2 years when drafted I think.

Greenwood is not of AFL standard and I would be staggered if we persist with him.

Love big Jack Redpath but he needs a huge summer (has no tank and consequently doesn't get the ball enough). Tell him he has one season...make or break.

Scorlibo
26-09-2014, 12:34 AM
I like Greenwood, just seems to get in the right spots at the right time. But he's so small and without any tricks other than timing to make up for it I can't see him making it and tbh he was lucky to spend as long as he did on the list.

Austin I rated as a stop gap, and then the last 6 rounds happened. I would much rather find out if Roberts and/or Talia have what it takes than continue with Austin.

Redpath isn't bad, but I'm yet to see him display anything consistently that says he could be a solid contributor at AFL level. He isn't a good mark, he doesn't present frequently enough as a leading option, he doesn't have an ability to do the unique, he isn't a swingman and he often really struggles to get the footy. The only time I've seen him and though he was maybe ok was the last quarter in the GF. And that was simply because of hus hunger and aggression. Unless he can permanently switch himself to "hunt" mode then I don't think he's worth the spot on our list, regardless of what happens with Jones, Jaksch etc. Shame because he is a very nice kick and seems like a nice guy.

Did you see much VFL this season? Redpath put on a remarkable show of consistency through the middle part of the year. He was kicking bags of three and four every week, taking lots of marks and presenting hard. He was Footscray's most important player. I rate him as an option mostly because he's predictable. He leads where you'd expect him to lead to, in straight lines, he doesn't confuse the midfielders. In other words, the team is better for him being a part of it.

always right
26-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Redpath has come a fair way during the time he has been with us. In his first couple of years he had shown very little but this season was a considerable step up. The question is how much further improvement is there in big red?

1eyedog
26-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Did you see much VFL this season? Redpath put on a remarkable show of consistency through the middle part of the year. He was kicking bags of three and four every week, taking lots of marks and presenting hard. He was Footscray's most important player. I rate him as an option mostly because he's predictable. He leads where you'd expect him to lead to, in straight lines, he doesn't confuse the midfielders. In other words, the team is better for him being a part of it.

My sentiments exactly. I saw him maybe 4-5 times and he works bloody hard for a big bloke. He's more than an honest trier though he has a big strong body, is an excellent mark, is a great kick and for his size is an excellent defensive forward. If Jones has one talent (potential) Redpath has a number of them already in place. I'd assume he will be given every opportunity next year if Jones leaves and I'll flip a coin as to who would be more effective. Redpath has a heap of agro as well which I like - goodness knows we need that deep forward. Love the idea of having Redpath, Crameri and Stringer having an extended run in the forward line and you never know, our best big forward option might be right under our noses.

Sedat
26-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Redpath has come a fair way during the time he has been with us.
He needed to, he was coming from a mile behind everyone else. I'm 50/50 on upgrading him - I like the rate of improvement but I still see limitations in his game. Wouldn't be too fussed either way, but only a 1 year upgrade if we do decide to keep him.

soupman
26-09-2014, 12:31 PM

Admittedly I haven't seen as many VFL games as others (have still seen 5 or so though). I think he is a good contributor at that level, but he doesn't do anything that convinces me he will make it at the next level.

His marking is decent, but not overly impressive. He doesn't take pack marks, he doesn't seem to be great at one on ones. Most of his marks come from being on the lead. He is ok on the lead, but not unstoppable. His physical attributes are impressive, but unless he uses them to hunt the opposition defenders then he doesn't get enough of the footy to be an overly effective player.

ATM the expectation for him seems to be that if he can break even in contests and maybe snag a couple of goals that is great, which it is. I'm yet to be convinced that he has the ability to beat or even just break even with AFL level defenders.

The step up from VFL to AFL is a big one, just ask Liam Jones, and Redpath while kicking multiple goals in the VFL still doesn't look like he is a level above.

1eyedog
26-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Admittedly I haven't seen as many VFL games as others (have still seen 5 or so though). I think he is a good contributor at that level, but he doesn't do anything that convinces me he will make it at the next level.

His marking is decent, but not overly impressive. He doesn't take pack marks, he doesn't seem to be great at one on ones. Most of his marks come from being on the lead. He is ok on the lead, but not unstoppable. His physical attributes are impressive, but unless he uses them to hunt the opposition defenders then he doesn't get enough of the footy to be an overly effective player.

ATM the expectation for him seems to be that if he can break even in contests and maybe snag a couple of goals that is great, which it is. I'm yet to be convinced that he has the ability to beat or even just break even with AFL level defenders.

The step up from VFL to AFL is a big one, just ask Liam Jones, and Redpath while kicking multiple goals in the VFL still doesn't look like he is a level above.

You can make a similar argument re. Jones' strengths and weaknesses.

soupman
26-09-2014, 12:36 PM
You can make a similar argument re. Jones' strengths and weaknesses.

Absolutely, except Jones has shown that when he wants to work hard he has the marking ability to be the go to man and beat AFL level defenders.

Jones is limited as well, but he also has some stand out attributes that put him way ahead of Redpath imo.

1eyedog
26-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Absolutely, except Jones has shown that when he wants to work hard he has the marking ability to be the go to man and beat AFL level defenders.

Jones is limited as well, but he also has some stand out attributes that put him way ahead of Redpath imo.

Fair enough. My position is that he has the marking ability but has never been the go to man and has never really beaten any AFL level defenders. He has taken a few nice marks over the top against AFL defenders but he has never really beaten any of them. For what it's worth Jones can take a contested mark, but he only does this once or twice a game, sometimes (most times) not at all and is at this stage a 20-25 goal a year full forward. Stringer will kick this many in half a year next year which brings me to my point. The ability to take two contested marks per game and not much else pails in comparison to a hard working leading full forward who understands where and when to run to the right spots. Or, as Darth Vader once said "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force"

Jones will never understand this and for mine we could have the same output i.e. 20 goals a year from Redpath if that's what we want.

soupman
26-09-2014, 02:20 PM
Fair enough. My position is that he has the marking ability but has never been the go to man and has never really beaten any AFL level defenders. He has taken a few nice marks over the top against AFL defenders but he has never really beaten any of them. For what it's worth Jones can take a contested mark, but he only does this once or twice a game, sometimes (most times) not at all and is at this stage a 20-25 goal a year full forward. Stringer will kick this many in half a year next year which brings me to my point. The ability to take two contested marks per game and not much else pales in comparison to a hard working leading full forward who understands where and when to run to the right spots. Or, as Darth Vader once said "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force"

Jones will never understand this and for mine we could have the same output i.e. 20 goals a year from Redpath if that's what we want.

That's a very well argued post.

I guess it depends what you're looking for.

For mine Stringer, Crameri, Dickson etc. are the leading forwards we want. They are all decent at it, and with the exception of Stringer struggle in more contested scenarios. We do however need the option of a longer aerial target should those leads not eventuate, at that is where the key forward comes in. They need to be able to be half a chance to mark it in a contested situation, including packs, and at the least stop the defenders marking it giving our legion of tiny players like Dahlhaus, Hrovat and Hunter a chance.

Jones, however erratic and inconsistent is capable of this. Redpath to me is a bigger version of the aforementioned leading players, however all those players are much better able to add more to their roles than Redpath, relegating him to a bigger but more limited version of them.

If he can step up that would be great, and that role could be effective. But he would be at best a 10 possession 2 goal forward playing the exact same role as Dickson fulfills.

Now if he could be in the angry mode he was in the last quarter of the VFL GF he would offer something a bit different to the rest of the guys defensively, but I have severe doubts over his ability to make it in the AFL. Would be wrapt for him to prove me wrong though.

Ozza
26-09-2014, 02:38 PM
That's my starting point for irritation. If we over estimate the list again and keep cloggers on who prove the club wrong again by mid next year, I will start turning my attention to both Maccas jobs by mid next year. No other club would recruit those 3, why would we keep them baffles me. We need to be turning over the list now (and last year) for maximum return in future years.

Interested in who you see as the list cloggers BT (aside from Pearce, Greenwood, Austin (the latter two rookies), and who you have in mind withr espect to the over estimating of the list previously?

Current likely changes are;

Goodes
Howard
Young
Gia
Williams

Higgins
Jones
Pearce
Fuller (or is he contracted?)

Plus;
Rookies:

Redpath
Greenwood
Austin

At what point is too deep or two shallow a cut? Because that is a total of 12 players in consideration. That is an enormous change to the list.

ReLoad
26-09-2014, 04:35 PM
can we take a step back and define what sort of stats we would find acceptable for a FF in our team, is a 3 goal a week average what we are talking about? a 2.5 average? how many assists.

I think it all depends where the bar sits versus how we score both Jones and Redpath.

the real trick is these two guys are near the point of either making it or breaking it, its no wonder people have itchy trigger fingers on them both. certainly in 12 months time if we have nothing from either of them its crystal clear.

Mofra
26-09-2014, 05:06 PM
can we take a step back and define what sort of stats we would find acceptable for a FF in our team, is a 3 goal a week average what we are talking about? a 2.5 average? how many assists.

I think it all depends where the bar sits versus how we score both Jones and Redpath.
1.5 goals per week if they contribute in other areas - 1.5 goals per week would nudge the goalkicking award at a few clubs.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Interested in who you see as the list cloggers BT (aside from Pearce, Greenwood, Austin (the latter two rookies), and who you have in mind withr espect to the over estimating of the list previously?

Goodes
Howard
Young
Gia
Williams

Higgins
Jones
Pearce

Plus;
Rookies:

Redpath
Greenwood
Austin

At what point is too deep or two shallow a cut? Because that is a total of 12 players in consideration. That is an enormous change to the list.

Pearce
Tutt (hasn't sold me) traded or cut
Austin, Greenwood & Redpath get the chop for mine (decent VFL players at best)
Boyd stays on, but I would've moved him on
Higgins & Jones stay if they're willing to (Higgo looks gone)

So another 2-3 senior spots, and 3 rookie spots.

azabob
26-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Looking ahead at this stage Cooney, Boyd and Grant are all out of contract in 2015 and it wouldn't surprise if all 3 were gone.

Tutt and Wood could also be gone.

How much does that play a part in this years delistings and decision making process?

Nuggety Back Pocket
26-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Goodes
Howard
Young
Gia
Williams

Higgins
Jones
Pearce

Plus;
Rookies:

Redpath
Greenwood
Austin

Your listings only serves to highlight IMO how then our ranks is.
I also wonder whether the likes of Cordy Dickson Grant and Tutt are good enough at senior level. It will be hard to see Boyd Morris and Cooney going beyond next year which shows the enormity of JMac's task to drastically rebuild the list.