PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if we made the Grand Final?

Eastdog
26-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Myself: I'd probably try my best to get a ticket and if that didn't work then I'd probably just be watching it at home and then if we win go to where our post match celebrations are.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Eastie, maybe we should concentrate on fewer and longer threads than many similar smaller threads. Love your passion, and you know it. But... What do you think about this?

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 12:00 AM
I think BT is right. This could easily be a follow on question in one of the other Grand Final threads. Maybe ask this question on one of those threads and delete this one?

Eastdog
27-09-2014, 12:27 AM
I'm happy with that maybe we could transfer this to the Grand Final thread I started on the AFL talk board.

SonofScray
27-09-2014, 02:20 AM
I have a dossier prepared titled Operation: Tramboat.

Basically El Scraggo is going to host a Grand Final Breakfast Cruise, sailing on the Tramboat from down near the Footscray Community Arts Centre to Federation Wharf. The Tramboat will have the no. 82 Footscray sign up. A bit of a feed and some lubrication to get the faithful boisterous. We'd try to get a Footscray favourite to give a key note address. My preference would be Nigel Kellet. Rob Fairbairn and the Hyde St Band would provide live entertainment.

Once we pull up in the city, we'd be gathering a pack at Fed Sq and whipping everyone into a frenzy before we march en masse to the 'G. Make a real spectacle of it.

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 02:20 AM
Yep. I'll do it in the morning.

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 02:21 AM
I have a dossier prepared titled Operation: Tramboat.

Basically El Scraggo is going to host a Grand Final Breakfast Cruise, sailing on the Tramboat from down near the Footscray Community Arts Centre to Federation Wharf. The Tramboat will have the no. 82 Footscray sign up. A bit of a feed and some lubrication to get the faithful boisterous. We'd try to get a Footscray favourite to give a key note address. My preference would be Nigel Kellet. Rob Fairbairn and the Hyde St Band would provide live entertainment.

Once we pull up in the city, we'd be gathering a pack at Fed Sq and whipping everyone into a frenzy before we march en masse to the 'G. Make a real spectacle of it.

I like it. Book me a seat please.

azabob
27-09-2014, 08:54 AM
Was Nigel Kellett good? My under ten self thought so.

GVGjr
27-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Was Nigel Kellett good? My under ten self thought so.

Could only kick with his right foot.

ledge
27-09-2014, 10:12 AM
I would be excited but nervous as hell and want the game over as soon as possible to know the result and get my emotions out of the way if we lost , but if we won the replay would be on 24/7 for a week and I would subscribe to foxtel. Also be asking all other clubs supporters the last time that won a flag :-)
And Essendon fans would cop it the most, knowing they have absolutely nothing to hang their hat on in the last ten years.
Oh except a dubious brownlow medal.

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 03:16 PM
I would be excited but nervous as hell and want the game over as soon as possible to know the result and get my emotions out of the way if we lost , but if we won the replay would be on 24/7 for a week and I would subscribe to foxtel. Also be asking all other clubs supporters the last time that won a flag :-)
And Essendon fans would cop it the most, knowing they have absolutely nothing to hang their hat on in the last ten years.
Oh except a dubious brownlow medal.

It's a good word, dubious.

This is gonna be fun.

Eastdog
28-09-2014, 03:45 PM
I'd probably after we won celebrate hard like all of us and where my Doggies jumper all week afterwards.

LostDoggy
06-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Do anything, pay anything for a ticket. Then take the week following off work. Will be a massive one.

Hopefully we get up :)

LostDoggy
06-10-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't think we will ever need to worry. The AFL continues to disadvantage the Bulldogs and that was shown again today with the compensation Melbourne received in comparison to the Higgins compensation.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2014, 10:52 PM
I don't think we will ever need to worry. The AFL continues to disadvantage the Bulldogs and that was shown again today with the compensation Melbourne received in comparison to the Higgins compensation.

Unproven Scully & notmuchchop Frawley for three bloody high first rounders. Nothing to see here...

Dry Rot
06-10-2014, 11:02 PM
In a past NRL life, I've been to a grand final and watched my team win.

It's pretty special.

LostDoggy
07-10-2014, 05:57 AM

Don't be like that, we've had our chances and we'll have them again it only depends on whether we take them or not.

The beauty about this game on the day it doesn't matter how hard the AFL try to stop us when it happens there is nothing anyone can do to stop it. South Sydney just showed you can't stop fate nothing can.

"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. It's how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

comrade
07-10-2014, 09:00 AM
"It ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. It's how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

I would have gone with a Gladiator quote :D