PDA

View Full Version : Jason Akermanis - His new life at the Bulldogs

BulldogBelle
24-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Jason Akermanis how do we all think he will perform first up for the Doggies and also how important is he to our club?

- Getting this name premiership player and him picking us as his club of choice, is definitely a big thing for the Western Bulldogs - it sends out the message to other players from different clubs that Doglands is the place to be.

The Coon Dog
24-01-2007, 04:13 PM
He's class, he's quality, he's a proven champion!!

What does that say about our club when someone like Aker say, "I WANT TO PLAY WITH THE WESTERN BULLDOGS"?

There's no doubt he'll fit in, encourage others to take the next step & lead from the front.

I'm just thrilled he's a Bulldog. Our colours even look made for him.

Not too sure whether he'll play a prominent role in the NAB Cup early doors, but if we continue to win, like Johnno, I'm sure he'll crank it up.

Can you just imagine being at the Dome when Aker turns it on for us? It'll be just awsome. We'll all go home raving about how good he is.

I, for one, can't wait for AKERMANIA.

GVGjr
24-01-2007, 04:43 PM
The biggest impact to the club and the supporters since Brad Hardie's arrival. He also has plenty to prove in showing that Brisbane managed him poorly which can only benefit the Dogs.

I think he wanted to come to us because we can not only play in the finals but really challenge for the flag. A great fit both ways.

Twodogs
24-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I spoke to him at one of the selectors tables. great bloke, friendly, really good with my son-I said to him how great it was that a player like him would so enthusiastically express his desire to play for us. He said "all the reasons were the right ones".

I also get the feeling he is really relishing being at a 'real' footy club in Melbourne.

LostDoggy
25-01-2007, 07:37 AM
He's class, he's quality, he's a proven champion!!

What does that say about our club when someone like Aker say, "I WANT TO PLAY WITH THE WESTERN BULLDOGS"?

What he said.

By the way there is a small snipet in the Hun where Aker says he is still trying to settle into the way his team mates play.

Very professional player.

alwaysadog
28-01-2007, 08:36 AM
What he said.

By the way there is a small snipet in the Hun where Aker says he is still trying to settle into the way his team mates play.

Very professional player.

Yes, I watched the session at Wesley College last week end. He was just back from sickness and 5-6 kg lighter. I thought he had the ball on a sting or had implanted a high tech homing device in it.

If he is unhappy and has further to go... then watch out. Anyone who thought he would prop in a pocket has to reassess big time.