PDA

View Full Version : In-Zaine in the Brian

bulldogtragic
06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
It's been a long time coming. But, welcome one and all, the leadership of In-Zaine in the Brian welcome you to pre-bandwagon membership of this society. Bandwagon membership starts from preseason training, so there is limited opportunity.

The leadership has been in place for over 12 months now, and it's my honour to announce the team for Zaine's debut season:

Leader - BT
Deputy Leader - Twodogs
Deputy Deputy Leader - Azabob

Get on while you can. By the way, pick 61 is daylight robbery. I was reliably informed pick 25 was on the table if required.

Rocco Jones
06-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Doogs Droogs and Brennan Stack A Go-Go pass on their best wishes.

I think I want to start a new group now. 'The Linsane Asylum'.

bulldogtragic
06-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Doogs Droogs and Brennan Stack A Go-Go pass on their best wishes.

I think I want to start a new group now. 'The Linsane Asylum'.

Doogs Droogs was the best fun I've seen on the Internet... Which ever player you pick can you tell the club so they delist them instantly? :)

F'scary
06-10-2014, 10:34 PM
There has been some support over the past couple of months for your contention that pick 25 was on the table, in the form of news articles, phantom drafts, etc. Can't go wrong with pick 61.

Hot_Doggies
06-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Sucks to be Brian!

boydogs
06-10-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm assuming there's a reason why it's Brian not Brain, given it's spelt that way in both the title and your signature. No idea why though?

bulldogtragic
06-10-2014, 10:48 PM
I'm assuming there's a reason why it's Brian not Brain, given it's spelt that way in both the title and your signature. No idea why though?

It started as In-Zaine in the Brain, as like a song. TwoDogs demanded In-Zaine in the Brian.,as in the father is Brian Cordy., some word play. After tense negotiations, TD got his way on this in exchange for him recommending Jacqui Lambie to Clive as a favour last year. Win-win.

Dry Rot
06-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Just be aware of the bitter Kingsley Hunter and Trent Bartlett underground movements who have never forgiven the club for cutting these two future stars.

We fight on, in the shadows.....

LostDoggy
08-10-2014, 01:08 PM
It started as In-Zaine in the Brain, as like a song. TwoDogs demanded In-Zaine in the Brian.,as in the father is Brian Cordy., some word play. After tense negotiations, TD got his way on this in exchange for him recommending Jacqui Lambie to Clive as a favour last year. Win-win.

Paronomasia at it's finest!

In all seriousness I was against taking Zaine at 25 but am rapt to get him with 61. If he can realise half of the potential BT has assessed we have picked up a bargain!

BulldogBelle
08-10-2014, 02:42 PM
I think that 'In-Zaine on the Brian' is too contorted.

You have to teach everybody the connection to father Brian otherwise it looks as though you can't spell or you probably have a complex personality.

KT31
08-10-2014, 02:47 PM

You have to teach everybody the connection to father Brian otherwise it looks as though you can't spell or you probably have a complex personality.

I just thought BT was a little dyslexic.:)

Twodogs
08-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Reporting for duty. I'll get the bandwagon out of the shed. I think Doog's Droogs used it last. They better not have
left a mess behind like last time.

we have got complex personalities.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Reporting for duty. I'll get the bandwagon out of the shed. I think Doog's Droogs used it last. They better not have
left a mess behind like last time.

we have got complex personalities.

I have several.

Twodogs
08-10-2014, 09:51 PM
I have several.

That's pretty much what compex means I thought. A collection of interconnected and differing parts.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2014, 10:09 PM
That's pretty much what compex means I thought. A collection of interconnected and differing parts.

One of my personalities thought complex was just a degree of difficulty. The other agrees with you though.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 05:08 PM
Gotta good feeling the founding members of IZITB will be happy reading posts on the VFL game. For two years we've served (BT, Twodogs and Azabob) and hope to see him flourish. As good as our other recruits have been, he's still my boy and I'm backing him to impress.

Dancin' Douggy
16-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Don't know if I've contributed this snippet to this lovefest yet, but my brother lives in the same street as the Cordy's in Ocean Grove. Said Zaine was always the standout and was an absolute gun at every sport he tried through his entire youth.

Pickenitup
16-05-2015, 06:16 PM
First time I have seen Zaine play and guys we have a superstar on Our Hands Cant wait to watch him develop as the year goes on.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 06:21 PM
First time I have seen Zaine play and guys we have a superstar on Our Hands Cant wait to watch him develop as the year goes on.

Finally! :)

Others making big calls for Zaine. I followed and watched him for 2 years through TAC and feedback from parents of other Geelong kids. I can't wait to see him in our colours in the flesh.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
16-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Swine was very good today

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
16-05-2015, 06:32 PM
I meant Zaine damn you predictive text

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 06:59 PM
oops, wrong thread.

LostDoggy
16-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Ah yes a play on words - nicely done

So Joel Hamling's Thread would be - The Porkfish Confederacy :)

josie
16-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Hi BDT,

I'm on the Zaine Train - I thought he was sensational today - boy can he mark and read the play, plus fluid movement and courageous. I like his partnership with Hamling who I'm also a big fan of. Both tall and mobile. Expect both to play in the seniors before end of year.

Twodogs
16-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Zaine train. I like it.

Rocco Jones
17-05-2015, 12:09 AM
I consider myself more of Hamlingster but gotta say I was impressed by Zaine today.

Sedat
17-05-2015, 12:24 AM
I consider myself more of Hamlingster but gotta say I was impressed by Zaine today.
Hamlingster is no Brennan Stack-a-go-go or Doog's Droogs but it's not bad ;)

ratsmac
17-05-2015, 08:36 AM
I didn't see the game yesterday unfortunately. By the sounds of it I've missed out on seeing the birth of something big. People will be saying in years to come "I was there when it all began out at VUWO"

comrade
17-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Hamlingster is no Brennan Stack-a-go-go or Doog's Droogs but it's not bad ;)

Hamling's Hamsters?

LostDoggy
17-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Zaine train. I like it.

The Insane Zaine Pain Train?

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Is it time to edit the title?

bulldogtragic
17-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Is it time to edit the title?

Why?

We started in the shadows as InZaine in The Brain, ala Cyprus Hill. But TD had us change to InZaine in The Brian owing to the link with his dad's name.

bulldogtragic
24-06-2015, 04:01 PM
This came up in a music feed of mine - our anthem (if you didn't know it for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RijB8wnJCN0&index=51&list=PLXNk6B60FKxRku5Eya_GU4hfHLqOUOYKJ

hujsh
10-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Who would win in a fight and/or football contest and/or contest for your love? Zaine or Grant?

comrade
10-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Zee named at FB for the Scray this week.

bulldogtragic
10-07-2015, 11:57 PM
Who would win in a fight and/or football contest and/or contest for your love? Zaine or Grant?

That's a seriously tough question... Grant is my labour of love, but through an associate I've been hearing about Zaine for some time and loved the handful of games in particular last year I got to watch... Can I go with equal?

If so, it's because I hope that Zaine plays a not dissimilar role as I love his attacking run and flair more than a KPP. I tell you, the thought of two lanky 193cm X-factor players cutting it up with run and great skills is going to keep me up tonight now.

But I shouldn't sit on the fence... In a fight, Jarrad. In a contest, Jarrad. But that's based on right now. For my unfettered and Lionel Richie hello/endless love, love... Zaine. But only in the sense of having an ability to have an '11 out of 10' love like the sound on a Spinal Tap amplifier. :)

bornadog
29-07-2015, 05:48 PM
One for BT

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Photo%20Galleries/2015%20-%20Galleries/VFL%20RD15%20v%20Coburg/392036-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

bornadog
29-07-2015, 05:49 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Photo%20Galleries/2015%20-%20Galleries/VFL%20RD15%20v%20Coburg/392050-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

bulldogtragic
29-07-2015, 05:56 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG And I'm done. :D

bornadog
31-07-2015, 09:40 AM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG And I'm done. :D

Some video highlights from last weeks game.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-07-30/the-zaine-train

F'scary
31-07-2015, 08:33 PM

We listed him at 191cm, 83kg 8 months ago or so. He looks a bit more substantial than that now.

boydogs
01-08-2015, 12:04 AM

Some great work in there. Maybe a chance to debut before the end of the year?

bornadog
01-08-2015, 11:02 AM

If the big blokes keep dropping like flies, why not.

azabob
01-08-2015, 11:20 AM

If the big blokes keep dropping like flies, why not.

I think he may debut either way. If he puts in a few more performances like that he will.

ledge
01-08-2015, 11:41 AM
Luke likes to give the kids a sniff, see how they handle it and give them an idea on the pace and skill at the top level.
It has been very successful as I don't think we have dropped any games due to it.

LostDoggy
01-08-2015, 12:34 PM
The team management this year really has been exceptional. Aside from all the other benefits mentioned here and on other threads, it means that most players in the team are relatively fresh.

Like others I have been half expecting that our young team may drop away in the back half of the year. I think a big reason we seem to be holding up so well has been the judicious way in which the players have been used.

Giving all these kids a few games sets us up great for the future but it's also working out great for our present.

Let's hope it holds up for a few more weeks yet!

Twodogs
02-08-2015, 03:39 PM
I really liked Zaine's game today. He judges the ball well and has a bit of nastiness to his play. Nothing stupid, but he likes to make sure his opponent earns every touch while not letting he umpires see too much. A very clever player, I hope he works hard on his game because he has the ability to become elite.

bornadog
06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Zaine

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-08-05/zaine-enjoying-return (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2015-08-05/zaine-enjoying-return)

bulldogtragic
27-08-2015, 08:18 PM
Who you trin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?

:D :D :D :D :D

Twodogs
27-08-2015, 08:21 PM
I feel like the Son of Sam, Blam!

Maddog37
27-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Who you trin' to get crazy with ese? Don't you know I'm loco?

:D :D :D :D :D

Cool story Hansel.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2016, 10:21 AM
We/I unofficially started this supporter group in September 2013 in private messages prior to the official start date of the OP. I think me banging on about Jarrad Grant may have hurt my talent spotting cred in my love for Zaine as I watched him a lot through his TAC and champs. And the feedback I was getting from parents from other Falcons players was top notch, I even spoke with Peter Gordon for about 5 minutes on the need for him to get a case of osteitis pubis in mid 2014 and also banged on about how good he is going to be (can I take credit for his drafting? :) ). It's great to see him showing some good signs and getting some recognition by our supporters. I will say it again for the record, the kid is going to be a very, very good player for us.

Bulldog4life
30-07-2016, 10:23 AM
We/I unofficially started this supporter group in September 2013 in private messages prior to the official start date of the OP. I think me banging on about Jarrad Grant may have hurt my talent spotting cred in my love for Zaine as I watched him a lot through his TAC and champs. And the feedback I was getting from parents from other Falcons players was top notch, I even spoke with Peter Gordon for about 5 minutes on the need for him to get a case of osteitis pubis in mid 2014 and also banged on about how good he is going to be (can I take credit for his drafting? :) ). It's great to see him showing some good signs and getting some recognition by our supporters. I will say it again for the record, the kid is going to be a very, very good player for us.

Yes you can but only if you take the blame for hanging onto Jarrod Grant too long.;)

bulldogtragic
30-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Yes you can but only if you take the blame for hanging onto Jarrod Grant too long.;)

Tough decision. But I go with Zaine drafting credit! That gives me Tom Boyd & Cordy, so I'm doing my part for the club.

azabob
30-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Spot on BT. Bevo said in the pre match that every time this season they were going to pick him he got injured. So glad he played last night. He still has some growing into his body to go. No reason why he can't stay in the team for the remainder of the year.

westdog54
30-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Really liked what I saw. Spoiled and competed well, actually looked dangerous when he went forward and managed a goal as well.

He stays in.

Ghost Dog
30-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Expected him to stand up and he did. Really like his composure. Just seemed pretty relaxed.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2016, 11:20 AM
I also loved his huge knee into the ribs of Taylor as he stood under a high ball. It was good to see him make opponents hurt and 'earn it' almost all the time. If he keeps up his fair mongrel, some players will hear his footsteps coming over the years.

hujsh
30-07-2016, 12:19 PM
Tough decision. But I go with Zaine drafting credit! That gives me Tom Boyd & Cordy, so I'm doing my part for the club.

A volatile combination;)

EasternWest
30-07-2016, 12:55 PM
I also loved his huge knee into the ribs of Taylor as he stood under a high ball. It was good to see him make opponents hurt and 'earn it' almost all the time. If he keeps up his fair mongrel, some players will hear his footsteps coming over the years.

We also gave away a few free kicks last night when our players were late to marking contests so they committed their bodies to hit the opponent. I like the intent of making them earn it rather than just passively letting them make it.

They're going to mark it anyway, might as well give away the free and make them look over their shoulder next time.

I too liked what I saw from Zaine last night. Plenty to work with, good size and mobile.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2016, 12:57 PM
I really like Zaine and have said a few times that he really suits our team defence style. He can take an intercept mark and is very good as getting a spoil running against the flight of the ball, massive for our high press/team defence style when we lose the ball.

bornadog
30-07-2016, 01:33 PM
I thought he was excellent in the backline. I would have left him in the backline and put Adcock in the forward line. I know we wanted some height in the forward line, but still feel it would have worked better.

1eyedog
30-07-2016, 01:36 PM
I thought he was excellent in the backline. I would have left him in the backline and put Adcock in the forward line. I know we wanted some height in the forward line, but still feel it would have worked better.

If we wanted height in our forward line why didn't we omit Jong or not bring in Adcock and bring in Minson to ruck and left Tom down there for 90% of the game. I can't wait for the day that Tom gets 90% of deep forward time.

bornadog
30-07-2016, 01:39 PM
If we wanted height in our forward line why didn't we omit Jong or not bring in Adcock and bring in Minson to ruck and left Tom down there for 90% of the game. I can't wait for the day that Tom gets 90% of deep forward time.

We brought in Hamling for that role, but it didn't work.

Ghost Dog
30-07-2016, 02:19 PM
We brought in Hamling for that role, but it didn't work.

Points for trying. Bevo really coached out of his skin to get us so close, considering the massive gaps in our line.
20 players have gone through our back line alone this year, resulting in lack of transition to the forward line.

If I could only freeze that period with Bob, JJ and Easton killing it in the backline.

Ghost Dog
30-07-2016, 02:21 PM
I really like Zaine and have said a few times that he really suits our team defence style. He can take an intercept mark and is very good as getting a spoil running against the flight of the ball, massive for our high press/team defence style when we lose the ball.

Little bit of Murph about him. Wirey but hard.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Little bit of Murph about him. Wirey but hard.

I see a bit of Shaggy in him. Geez Hargrave was an underrated player, so much value to the team.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2016, 02:54 PM
I've said this many a time. Wait until he gets confidence at this level and a licence to run and rebound, and you will all love him even more.

comrade
30-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Reckon he looked pretty comfortable up forward, which I've never seen before. Liked that left foot snap, showed good forward IQ.

Even if Morris and Boyd come back next week, I'd keep him in.

Rocco Jones
30-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Reckon he looked pretty comfortable up forward, which I've never seen before. Liked that left foot snap, showed good forward IQ.

Absolutely. There's even a spot for him when Adams is back. Our set up even when near full strength was a bit on the short side, Cordy might help out there giving us a good mix of height and mobility.

bornadog
30-07-2016, 06:09 PM

Do you think he is the natural player to takeover from Moz when he retires?

comrade
30-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Do you think he is the natural player to takeover from Moz when he retires?

I think so. Taller and better skilled than Moz, but would be difficult to match Moz's defensive ability. Though Zaine hates getting beaten and is very competitive, loves giving the odd ear massage if he's behind in a contest.

Like him as a player. These injuries might be a blessing in disguise when our depth players become top liners next year.

bornadog
30-07-2016, 06:48 PM
I think so. Taller and better skilled than Moz, but would be difficult to match Moz's defensive ability. Though Zaine hates getting beaten and is very competitive, loves giving the odd ear massage if he's behind in a contest.

Like him as a player. These injuries might be a blessing in disguise when our depth players become top liners next year.

Only one cm taller

lemmon
30-07-2016, 06:48 PM
How tall is he now? Looks to have grown to genuine key position size since being drafted

bornadog
30-07-2016, 06:51 PM
How tall is he now? Looks to have grown to genuine key position size since being drafted

Still down as 191cm

FrediKanoute
30-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Long arms though. Really long arms whihc means he plays taller - much like the Bont.

I was impressed with his game last night. Thought he did some nice things. Good mark, lovely snap. Good signs that he is better/has more impact than his brother did

comrade
30-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Long arms though. Really long arms whihc means he plays taller - much like the Bont.

I was impressed with his game last night. Thought he did some nice things. Good mark, lovely snap. Good signs that he is better/has more impact than his brother did

In basketball terms, he has great length.

Torpedo
30-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I see a lot of Andrew Mackie in him. Almost a key position defender with his marking ability but plays more like a flanker with dash.Mackie is 193cm but has always seemed to me a versatile, mobile linking flanker. Very underrated and tough player for a decade in a team of many individual champions. Apparently has a mouth on him too. Did the job on johnno a couple of times who was no slouch overhead. If Zaine can emulate his career or shaggy's and get into his opponents verbally too. then he will be some acquisition.

SonofScray
30-07-2016, 11:01 PM
Really liked his game. Took the best mark of the night right near us, it was a terrific grab. Made the most of his opportunity and was useful in both an offensive and defensive role. We'll get good value out of Zordy, no doubt in my mind.

hujsh
30-07-2016, 11:25 PM
I see a lot of Andrew Mackie in him. Almost a key position defender with his marking ability but plays more like a flanker with dash.Mackie is 193cm but has always seemed to me a versatile, mobile linking flanker. Very underrated and tough player for a decade in a team of many individual champions. Apparently has a mouth on him too. Did the job on johnno a couple of times who was no slouch overhead. If Zaine can emulate his career or shaggy's and get into his opponents verbally too. then he will be some acquisition.
May be a good comparison. Is Zaine as mobile/quick as Mackie or Shaggy though? I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to say

bulldogtragic
30-07-2016, 11:37 PM
May be a good comparison. Is Zaine as mobile/quick as Mackie or Shaggy though? I don't feel like I've seen enough of him to say

He's quick alright. The club has put some weight on his frame, but once he gets to his optimal playing weight and conditioned well I expect him to have that good turn off toe. He also has a very good side-step or shimmy through traffic and around opponents.

I've got to say I'm loving all the Zaine love. We will have a potentially unique and very effective defence in a few years with Zaine, a hulking Collins, Adams, Wood and possibly Hurley with flankers rotating through too.

hujsh
31-07-2016, 01:42 AM
He's quick alright. The club has put some weight on his frame, but once he gets to his optimal playing weight and conditioned well I expect him to have that good turn off toe. He also has a very good side-step or shimmy through traffic and around opponents.

Anyone else able to verify this?

While I love your enthusiasm for Zaine, I feel if I were to ask what he shits the answer would be gold bricks.:p

Like Jarrad before him you get right on board the players you love.

bulldogtragic
31-07-2016, 10:39 AM
Anyone else able to verify this?

While I love your enthusiasm for Zaine, I feel if I were to ask what he shits the answer would be gold bricks.:p

Like Jarrad before him you get right on board the players you love.

True, and they're stunning gold bricks ( :) ). Jarrad was more stubbornness that we didn't burn another top 10 pick, truth be told. I've been watching or hearing inside info on Zaine since he was 16. So my ramblings are in deed biased, but for very good reasons. Apart from chatting to PG about how good I thought he was, on another occasion I spoke privately with BMac about Zaine just before he got sacked and he was a huge fan too and gave the reasons why, and so much so he said if we had to use our second rounder we would owing to Higgins compo. I'm just really, really happy for him, and happy our fans are getting behind him.

Eastdog
31-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Great to see him get his first AFL career goal in Friday night.

Happy Days
01-08-2016, 01:47 PM

Less of a wanker though.

Hopefully.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 12:40 PM
We, the executive still have memberships to InZaine in the Brian if you want to join us. As President I welcome much love for a player whose career games include 37% game played in winning finals, as a contributor. I look forward to him becoming our genuine swingman and replicating his junior footy as an attacking, tall, effective and rebounding defender - who now has runs on the board as a genuine swingman.

But like social club memberships, once we are full you'll have to be on the waiting list.

choconmientay
04-10-2016, 01:32 PM
GF first goal from the boundary line for the WB...
http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/r/s/x/r/n/image.gallery.landscape.620x413.grsxt2.png/1475298553674.jpg

How good was that?

comrade
04-10-2016, 01:35 PM
GF first goal from the boundary line for the WB...
http://www.theage.com.au/content/dam/images/g/r/s/x/r/n/image.gallery.landscape.620x413.grsxt2.png/1475298553674.jpg

How good was that?

In a year of unbelievable moments, that was one of the most unlikely!

hujsh
04-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Better than his fist effort at least.

That said I'm more than ready to be part of his bandwagon, if I wasn't already.

hujsh
04-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Better than his fist effort at least.

That said I'm more than ready to be part of his bandwagon, if I wasn't already.

bornadog
04-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Did a great job in his role as defensive forward.

Matty Boyd: Hey Zaine how many games have you played

Zaine: 11 including 4 finals

Matty: Oh Shit

Danny the snakeman
04-10-2016, 03:41 PM
Did a great job in his role as defensive forward.

Matty Boyd: Hey Zaine how many games have you played

Zaine: 11 including 4 finals

Matty: Oh Shit

That was pretty funny on sunday when he said that on Game Day.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 10:15 PM
We, the executive still have memberships to InZaine in the Brian if you want to join us. As President I welcome much love for a player whose career games include 37% game played in winning finals, as a contributor. I look forward to him becoming our genuine swingman and replicating his junior footy as an attacking, tall, effective and rebounding defender - who now has runs on the board as a genuine swingman.

But like social club memberships, once we are full you'll have to be on the waiting list.

Where do I sign?

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Where do I sign?

Just here. And you do understand desertion is punishable by death. That's the only rule we have.

Sedat
04-10-2016, 11:35 PM
Got a feeling that this club might last a little longer than the following:

Brennan Stack a-go-go
Doog's Droogs

I still love those clubs :D

bornadog
04-10-2016, 11:47 PM

Brennan Stack a-go-go
Doog's Droogs

Who can forget this poem by gogriff

When you watch the great Brennan Stack
You will witness the complete pack
Stack is clearly a genuine star
His career will truly go far

He is quick, skillful and strong
He rarely does anything wrong
And the day he takes mark of the year
Dogs fans will all shed a tear

For with Brennan leading the way
Our success is here to stay
A matchup is out of the question
3 on 1 is the only suggestion

The brownlow, norm smith and more
Brennan will win awards galore
But nothing will lift us all up
Like a Stackalicious premiership cup

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 12:20 AM

Brennan Stack a-go-go
Doog's Droogs

I still carry those cards with me. And GO'K Rocks.

hujsh
05-10-2016, 10:44 AM
I still carry those cards with me. And GO'K Rocks.

A grievous omission on Sedat's part.

Ozza
05-10-2016, 02:53 PM
Who can forget this poem by gogriff

When you watch the great Brennan Stack
You will witness the complete pack
Stack is clearly a genuine star
His career will truly go far

He is quick, skillful and strong
He rarely does anything wrong
And the day he takes mark of the year
Dogs fans will all shed a tear

For with Brennan leading the way
Our success is here to stay
A matchup is out of the question
3 on 1 is the only suggestion

The brownlow, norm smith and more
Brennan will win awards galore
But nothing will lift us all up
Like a Stackalicious premiership cup

Needs more rhyming of 'Stack' and 'Hack'.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 09:23 PM
I think I'd like to bring Cameron Ling into the club after the 5th re-watch of the GF and his comments on the Hannebery tackle:

"I've seen some big tackles in Grand Finals, but that one by Cordy is as good as I've ever seen."

hujsh
15-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Could be a big year coming up for Zaine now. Should be opportunities in his perfered position if he can keep fit and in form.

Seems to be forgetten about when we talk about KPD depth with all the trade talk (more on the Other Site though). If anyone comes close to a like-for like replacement for Hamling it has to be Zaine.

Throughandthrough
15-10-2016, 02:50 PM

Brennan Stack a-go-go
Doog's Droogs

I wore my Ben Hudson Beard Appreciation Society T Shirt yesterday.

bulldogtragic
18-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Flicking through his stats.

11 games
8 goals, 1 behind - 89% accuracy
4 set shots for 4.0 goals - 100% accuracy from set shots

And yet he's going to be a very, very good attacking tall defender for us. Or even a genuine swing man if he keeps that up.

merantau
19-12-2016, 11:40 PM
Zaine had a very good finals series. Kicked important goals, laid crunching tackles - a very versatile player. Heaps of up-side.

bulldogtragic
20-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Zaine had a very good finals series. Kicked important goals, laid crunching tackles - a very versatile player. Heaps of up-side.

And KO'd GWS captain and best player.

Huge, huge upside. If he can replicate his U/18 footy when he wasn't playing a deep KPD, everyone will be mesmerised. There was a game in Bendigo where the Falcons were about 6 goals down at 3/4 time and Zaine's final quarter was sensational and set up an amazing win. He's a very good defender, but he can also be an attacking rebounding weapon too. With Hamling leaving, and Cloke coming in forward, it gives Zaine a great shot at showing his capabilities down back. We won't be disappointed.

stefoid
20-12-2016, 11:05 AM
Deuce hits packs the way Redpath and Stringer look like they should.

westdog54
20-12-2016, 11:12 AM
I think I'd like to bring Cameron Ling into the club after the 5th re-watch of the GF and his comments on the Hannebery tackle:

"I've seen some big tackles in Grand Finals, but that one by Cordy is as good as I've ever seen."

I know its been done to death but that tackle really is a thing of beauty.

bulldogtragic
20-12-2016, 11:22 AM
I know its been done to death but that tackle really is a thing of beauty.

Yep, set the tone for the day. Zaine's double fists into Hanneberys chest as he got up was a great signal to them that not only are we not intimidated by them, but that we are here to give strong physicality back and win the day.

His final series was just amazing. Smashed the AA CHB in McGovern that they had to ruck him to get him near the play. Did his job well against the Hawks. Did a great job against GWS, kicked 2 and KO's their captain and best player. And was everywhere in the first quarter of the GF, huge tackles, physicality and of course the first goal. Impossible not to be proud of this kid, even more so for those who watched him at the Falcons and now start to bloom into an impressive afl player.

ratsmac
20-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Yep, set the tone for the day. Zaine's double fists into Hanneberys chest as he got up was a great signal to them that not only are we not intimidated by them, but that we are here to give strong physicality back and win the day.

His final series was just amazing. Smashed the AA CHB in McGovern that they had to ruck him to get him near the play. Did his job well against the Hawks. Did a great job against GWS, kicked 2 and KO's their captain and best player. And was everywhere in the first quarter of the GF, huge tackles, physicality and of course the first goal. Impossible not to be proud of this kid, even more so for those who watched him at the Falcons and now start to bloom into an impressive afl player.

Good post BT. He's an absolute ripper is Zaine. He doesn't look hard but he certainly plays hard. Hopefully he can put some more muscle on his frame but I have a feeling he's going to stay one of those wirey types like his brother. With some more muscle/strength he could play on gorillas and also the shorter players. He is already versatile and he has plenty of improvement which is exciting.
The only knock on him is that trampoline he has on his chest.
I think he'll play back in 2017 which is a shame because I loved his unlikely goals.

bulldogtragic
20-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Good post BT. He's an absolute ripper is Zaine. He doesn't look hard but he certainly plays hard. Hopefully he can put some more muscle on his frame but I have a feeling he's going to stay one of those wirey types like his brother. With some more muscle/strength he could play on gorillas and also the shorter players. He is already versatile and he has plenty of improvement which is exciting.
The only knock on him is that trampoline he has on his chest.
I think he'll play back in 2017 which is a shame because I loved his unlikely goals.

His chest marking is less of an issue in defence. Up close his arms look a little long for his wirey body, which in defence give him great spoiling advantage with his reach, jump and height. Much like Dustin Fletcher on all counts. I think that's where he will provide the most advantage in the 22, and when he can add the confidence to provide run and counter attack to his defensive job he'll be one hell of a Bevo desired prototype defender. And as you say, he's also good up the other end with the stats I posted on this thread yesterday. Losing Hamling wasn't ideal, but Cordy can be a decent replacement down back with Cloke in to take over the role he brilliantly played in the finals up forward.

bornadog
25-06-2017, 06:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDIe4MWVoAAbKKq.jpg

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
25-06-2017, 06:51 PM
Love his attitude

bulldogtragic
25-06-2017, 07:03 PM
So now everyone knows what I've been on about since Zaine was just 16. The other part of what I've always said is that he can be a rebounding, attacking defender that runs and can take the game on whilst still keeping his opponent honest. His game was last week of career best 22 disposals, 14 kicks, 8 handballs, 7 marks and best SC & AFLFP points shows he can do that. As well as be a dour defender or negating defensive forward, if need be. And he's always loved dishing out hurt! Which I love.

bulldogtragic
25-06-2017, 07:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDIe4MWVoAAbKKq.jpg

White King need to increase their sponsorship. That's a great shot for them.

bulldogtragic
01-07-2017, 08:18 PM
Zaine has now racked up a century in AFL Fantasy Points two weeks ago, and now a century in SuperCoach Points today. A great effort from not only a kid, but from a KPD. For instance, Roberts hasn't been close to a century in both forms.

Remi Moses
01-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Thought he was very good today . Our best defender .

Twodogs
01-07-2017, 10:03 PM
He's brutal. I like him.

azabob
02-07-2017, 09:49 AM
He's brutal. I like him.

Good word to describe him - brutal at the man and ball and can actually play.

westdog54
02-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Officially sold.

Best defender on our list right now.

bulldogtragic
02-07-2017, 10:30 AM
For draft pick 72....

GVGjr
02-07-2017, 11:33 AM
He seems to be backing his opposite foot skills a bit more in recent weeks even when he could get around to his right side. It's a bloody awkward kicking style but it seems to be effective enough

bulldogtragic
02-07-2017, 11:39 AM
He seems to be backing his opposite foot skills a bit more in recent weeks even when he could get around to his right side. It's a bloody awkward kicking style but it seems to be effective enough

It's very effective isn't it. It looks a little like he's heard Akermanis speak about having as little room as possible in the ball drop on your wrong side to control the kick. Which isn't classical, but effective. It's good to know he's taken on the 'thou shall kick on both sides well, or not get a game' commandment, which seems like a guideline now rather than a commandment.

The bulldog tragician
02-07-2017, 02:47 PM
I like the way he looks personally offended by any opposition bit of good play or a goal. And without Clay Smith in the side, only he and Redpath look like they could hurt an opposition with their physicality ( not that this was evident in Big Red yesterday)

1eyedog
02-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Our most improved player this year.

westdog54
03-07-2017, 06:57 AM
Duplicate, please delete.

westdog54
03-07-2017, 06:59 AM
For draft pick 72....

When you consider his brother went at 14, and only because StKilda also rated him, I wonder if clubs may have been scared off by the surname?

bulldogtragic
03-07-2017, 10:19 AM
When you consider his brother went at 14, and only because StKilda also rated him, I wonder if clubs may have been scared off by the surname?

I'm not sure, but something caused the slide. As I've said before, Brendan McCartney among other things told me his view was that Zaine was worth the Higgins compo (pick 27 - Lukas Webb) and supported using that if need be. So we must have been over the moon to get him so cheap. And we need to remember he's only played about 20 games, and hasn't been developed into the rebounding role. The growth in his game to date indicates that there's a lot more to come when he starts passing 50 & 100 games of experience, and more and more strength and fitness from preseasons.

His development is quite exciting from a team balance perspective. If we could land Lever, then with Cordy & Adams we'd have three very mobile KPDs. If Collins can make the grade then, then Cordy or Adams can swing forward or into other roles. More than anything if just really happy for him and his family of Bulldog heritage. To crack 100 points already in SC and AFL Fantasy Points is a great effort for a young KPD.

Mofra
03-07-2017, 10:42 AM
Very much on board, simply because he copies Morris' spoiling tactic - hits the opposition player with his chest as he spoils. Has a real streak of bastard about him too and can play on quicker types too.

always right
03-07-2017, 02:15 PM
Very much on board, simply because he copies Morris' spoiling tactic - hits the opposition player with his chest as he spoils. Has a real streak of bastard about him too and can play on quicker types too.

I actually think pace is his weakness. Gets to contests okay but he's not quick when the ball is in space.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Now do you believe Trinity?

Essendon gave 100% late in that last and Zaine would have none of it time and time again. None. Of. *!*!*!*!ing. It.

At a boy.

Remi Moses
30-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Ramanaskus called him Ayce pre-game . Should wash his mouth out

comrade
30-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Now do you believe Trinity?

Essendon gave 100% late in that last and Zaine would have none of it time and time again. None. Of. *!*!*!*!ing. It.

At a boy.

He was monumental in the last.

chef
30-07-2017, 05:15 PM
Best game hes played. What a beast.

hujsh
30-07-2017, 05:16 PM
The old man showed every ounce of experience he had in the last to put those spoils on Daniher.

Maybe our best veteran.

To go from a possible running half back, to a a defensive CHF, to just about our first choice key defender is quite a journey. Perfectly suited to the zone defence with his ability, athleticism and defensive talents

comrade
30-07-2017, 05:21 PM
The old man showed every ounce of experience he had in the last to put those spoils on Daniher.

Maybe our best veteran.

To go from a possible running half back, to a a defensive CHF, to just about our first choice key defender is quite a journey. Perfectly suited to the zone defence with his ability, athleticism and defensive talents

His positioning is so good. The way he can twist and turn to interrupt a forward without infringing is outstanding. That ground ball he won after 3 repeat efforts was game defining.

The spiritual heir to the almighty Dale Morris.

hujsh
30-07-2017, 05:33 PM
His positioning is so good. The way he can twist and turn to interrupt a forward without infringing is outstanding. That ground ball he won after 3 repeat efforts was game defining.

The spiritual heir to the almighty Dale Morris.

Is there anyone you'd rather running back towards a forward on the break? Morris? Hodge? That may well become his signature with more time.

comrade
30-07-2017, 05:37 PM
Is there anyone you'd rather running back towards a forward on the break? Morris? Hodge? That may well become his signature with more time.

It's certainly a specialty of his, which is crazy given it's probably the worst thing a defender wants to deal with.

I never doubted he was going to be a good player. Now I'm expecting him to become great.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Some of his work in one on one's he had no right to halve without infringing. Inspirational stuff.

josie
30-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Got the heart of a bulldog. Bloody tough, agile and smart and NEVER gives up. Can see him and Young forming a good partnership, and Adams if he can overcome injuries.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm not going to go through my old posts on him, but you could really tell in TAC Moreso that his arms look too long for his body. So he can impact contests with bigger blokes without giving a free away. Very much how Dustin Fletcher's arms seemed to just creep into contests his body looked a bit too back for. So his arms are great for spoiling, but also tackling and getting spoils into the back folks heads (looking at you Taylor Adams).

KT31
30-07-2017, 08:28 PM
Ramanaskus called him Ayce pre-game . Should wash his mouth out

Who's this Ramanaskus you speak of ?:D

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2017, 08:53 PM
That epic contest when he beat Daniher was superb. He just hates being beaten. Developing beautifully

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 10:13 PM
It's certainly a specialty of his, which is crazy given it's probably the worst thing a defender wants to deal with.

I never doubted he was going to be a good player. Now I'm expecting him to become great.

He will be the greatest of all the Cordy clan! Better than Neil, Brian, Roger and Simon (I think the fourth brother was Simon, he never actually came down and played with us so I don't even know why I know his name.) All hail the great Zaine.

bulldogtragic
30-07-2017, 10:16 PM
He will be the greatest of all the Cordy clan! Better than Neil, Brian, Roger and Simon (I think the fourth brother was Simon, he never actually came down and played with us so I don't even know why I know his name.) All hail the great Zaine.

Ah hem, and Ayce.

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 10:31 PM
Ah hem, and Ayce.

Oh yeah, Ayce.

Alphabetically he's first.

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 10:33 PM
I think I'll PICK NUMBER 62 as my lucky number.

Hehehe! See what I did there?

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2017, 10:45 PM
In fact we have seen the A to Z of Cordys.

azabob
30-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Hopefully the club puts up footage of his game today on the website during the week.

LostDoggy
30-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Graeme was a brother who played a few games with us. I never thought we'd find a replacement fit to tie Dale Morris boots, but gee Zaine is looking more and more a most adequate successor as our fierce warrior lynchpin versatile defender (very high praise)

Twodogs
30-07-2017, 11:33 PM
Graeme was a brother who played a few games with us. I never thought we'd find a replacement fit to tie Dale Morris boots, but gee Zaine is looking more and more a most adequate successor as our fierce warrior lynchpin versatile defender (very high praise)

Graeme was the other. Took a big speccy at the MCG one day. He was probably the closest to Zaine in style. Zaine's dad was a half back flanker, Neil was a wingman who Malthouse tried to turn into a halfback flanker until he went to the Swans and Graeme was a tallish rangy CHF.

The bulldog tragician
30-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Graeme was the other. Took a big speccy at the MCG one day. He was probably the closest to Zaine in style. Zaine's dad was a half back flanker, Neil was a wingman who Malthouse tried to turn into a halfback flanker until he went to the Swans and Graeme was a tallish rangy CHF.

Was Brian pole- axed (a kneeing or something like that) by Mark Harvey one day?

jeemak
31-07-2017, 12:07 AM
Some of his work in one on one's he had no right to halve without infringing. Inspirational stuff.

Like the free against Suckling. Barely made front on contact and didn't actually take his eyes off the ball but was still penalized.

The commentators today went through the clip three times and eventually all agreed that wasn't a free, irrespective of the wager they'd put on the Dons to win today (Healy and Brown, I'm talking about you).

always right
31-07-2017, 12:13 AM
Like the free against Suckling. Barely made front on contact and didn't actually take his eyes off the ball but was still penalized.

The commentators today went through the clip three times and eventually all agreed that wasn't a free, irrespective of the wager they'd put on the Dons to win today (Healy and Brown, I'm talking about you).

I was actually comfortable with that one.....Suckling clearly made front on contact.

Worst decision IMO was the free kick against Dahl when he tried the speccy. Penalised for high contact which was absolute BS.

jeemak
31-07-2017, 12:19 AM
I was actually comfortable with that one.....Suckling clearly made front on contact.

Worst decision IMO was the free kick against Dahl when he tried the speccy. Penalised for high contact which was absolute BS.

If the ball comes in at 45 degrees from goal and you make contact (particularly minimal) from 90 degrees while watching the ball you shouldn't be pinged. Originally it looked like Suckling made significant contact and took his eyes off the ball, but the multiple replays showed he didn't. It's a funny one, if you're the smaller defender you get pinged because your effort often hits the body.

I agree with you on the Dahl one, unrealistic attempt apparently applies unless you're known for taking species.

Eastdog
31-07-2017, 12:27 AM
Been very good this year. Worked very hard today for us down back. Loved his efforts.

hujsh
31-07-2017, 01:13 AM
If the ball comes in at 45 degrees from goal and you make contact (particularly minimal) from 90 degrees while watching the ball you shouldn't be pinged. Originally it looked like Suckling made significant contact and took his eyes off the ball, but the multiple replays showed he didn't. It's a funny one, if you're the smaller defender you get pinged because your effort often hits the body.

I agree with you on the Dahl one, unrealistic attempt apparently applies unless you're known for taking species.
Looked realistic to me from memory. Someone else just got in the way but he'd have held that if they hadn't

Ozza
31-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Zaine's game yesterday was one of the best games I've seen by a player that had 10 scoring shots kicked against him!!!

(I realise some of them Zaine had zoned off, or not directly on him at the time).

Twodogs
31-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Zaine's game yesterday was one of the best games I've seen by a player that had 10 scoring shots kicked against him!!!

(I realise some of them Zaine had zoned off, or not directly on him at the time).

Daniher was just in the zone. I'm glad we could overcome the fact because I can remember Fev deciding to turn up one day halfway through the third quarter one day at Etihad and we just had no plan for it despite Brian Lake being at fullback and the original Men's Department being our defensive six at the one. He torched us and Carlton won a game we had been controlling comfortably until then.

Ozza
31-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Daniher was just in the zone. I'm glad we could overcome the fact because I can remember Fev deciding to turn up one day halfway through the third quarter one day at Etihad and we just had no plan for it despite Brian Lake being at fullback and the original Men's Department being our defensive six at the one. He torched us and Carlton won a game we had been controlling comfortably until then.

Don't get me wrong - wasn't bagging Zaine in the slightest. Was actually just commenting - similar to yourself - that he didn't do much wrong, and in some ways - had a really good game - despite Daniher being absolutely on fire. Not often that the opposition full forward kicks 6.4, and we come out of a game saying that the full back was good!

I remember that Fev game. In the first half, Fev couldn't get a kick - and even when he finally got one - he got in Lake's face and had a free kick reversed. Then in the second half he was absolutely unstoppable.

Rocket Science
01-08-2017, 12:42 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2eamdlt.png

Rapidly falling in love with this bloke.

bulldogtragic
01-08-2017, 01:47 AM
^^^^^

That's what I'm talking about with the extra long arms he has. Perfect illustration of how he seems too far behind, and held by his other arm to keep him back from impacting the contest, but those extra long arms to punch the ball....

While Biggsy looks to have punched two balls! :D

bornadog
01-08-2017, 10:55 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2eamdlt.png

Rapidly falling in love with this bloke.

What I love is the aggressive look on his face when he punches the ball or tackles a bloke. He has that controlled mongrel in him.

Ozza
01-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Was a battle of the moustaches with him and Joey D.

Twodogs
01-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Don't get me wrong - wasn't bagging Zaine in the slightest. Was actually just commenting - similar to yourself - that he didn't do much wrong, and in some ways - had a really good game - despite Daniher being absolutely on fire. Not often that the opposition full forward kicks 6.4, and we come out of a game saying that the full back was good!

I remember that Fev game. In the first half, Fev couldn't get a kick - and even when he finally got one - he got in Lake's face and had a free kick reversed. Then in the second half he was absolutely unstoppable.

IIRC After that free was reversed Fev made some comment to Lake about the "Being in the front seat for the Fev show" or something. He certainly backed it up.

Sedat
01-08-2017, 12:46 PM
While Biggsy looks to have punched two balls! :D
Drawing a long bow suggesting Cale has any ;)

Ozza
01-08-2017, 12:52 PM
IIRC After that free was reversed Fev made some comment to Lake about the "Being in the front seat for the Fev show" or something. He certainly backed it up.

I believe that was said in front of Lake - to the Bulldog trainer when he ran out to Lake after a Fev goal.

bornadog
01-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Zaine doing this week's press conference

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGHowApUMAAYoSN.jpg

ZC: A bit sore, hectic game with fast pace. Gone back to our fundamentals, which is nice to see.

ZC: Feels different in how we starting to gel, playing footy we know how to play. Still got plenty to improvement to go though.

ZC: Personally it's been good growth to play on big names, also nice to have Lewis Young down there too.

ZC: my main role is to be backman, reason forward line worked last week was the use and quality of delivery going inside 50.

ZC: Dunks is going well, come back in good time. Done everything right, Bevo will probably put him in the VFL.

ZC: it's an exciting challenge, Lions been playing well. Young like us and they have plenty of talent so will be a good contest.

bornadog
02-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-08-02/were-not-back-yet-dog-preaches-caution)

'We're not back yet': Dog preaches caution

Outsiders have been quick to declare the Western Bulldogs are 'back' after their third win in a row but key defender Zaine Cordy says there's more improvement to come.

Form fluctuations and injuries to key personnel has been the story of the Dogs’ season so far, but Luke Beveridge's side has shown signs of life over the past three weeks, with wins over Carlton, Gold Coast and Essendon moving them to ninth - the last in a group of four teams with 10 wins for the season.

"It's been good but we're definitely not back yet - we've got some improvement to come in the few rounds left," Cordy said on Tuesday.
"It's definitely good to see that we're playing the sort of footy we know we can play. It's been a bit frustrating when we haven't performed the way we know we can.

"We're starting to hit our straps a little bit but there's a still a long way to go. We're still not guaranteed a finals spot.
"There's still plenty of pressure on."

With just 26 AFL games under his belt, Cordy is a part of one of the most inexperienced key back tandems in the league, along with Lewis Young (three games).

Defensive stalwarts Dale Morris (arm) and Marcus Adams (foot) will battle to make it back on the field this campaign, but Cordy says Beveridge has given him the confidence to take on any opponent.

"He wants (me) to play on instinct ... to defend first then let the offence follow," he said.
"There will always be teams that doubt us because of the inexperienced players that have come into our team ... I definitely use that as motivation to prove them wrong."

Stringer, who injured a hamstring in round 17, is set to return to full training next week, while Dunkley will play in the VFL this weekend after suffering a serious shoulder injury in round seven.

bulldogtragic
02-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Adams is a defensive stalwart? He's played less games than Zaine, including never playing finals...

ledge
02-08-2017, 03:34 PM
Adams is a defensive stalwart? He's played less games than Zaine, including never playing finals...
The media never cease to amaze with their lack of fact and knowledge. .. Even the ex players.
Cordy is already a leader down back.

bulldogtragic
02-08-2017, 03:47 PM
The media never cease to amaze with their lack of fact and knowledge. .. Even the ex players.
Cordy is already a leader down back.

Yep, even a simple check of basic stats on the club's website (senior player, list view) would tell the journo something a basic as this. I'm not sure if it's lazy, incompetent or both.

Murphy'sLore
02-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Zaine looks so different off the field -- like a meek little angel!

Topdog
02-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Great that he pointed out we arent guaranteed finals.

bornadog
02-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Great that he pointed out we arent guaranteed finals.

Lots of hard work yet to go.

Brisbane won't be a pushover.

josie
03-08-2017, 12:02 AM
What a mo. What a man. Is that a crazy bird? Is that a fighter plane? Nah, it's meaner and tougher than both. It's the Zaine Train and it's comin' straight atchya, so move aside or be be prepared to be torn asunder.

Axe Man
06-10-2022, 02:01 PM
New Saint's 'emotional' exchange with Bevo (https://www.afl.com.au/news/854516/trade-talk-live-busy-lions-rule-out-a-move-sun-heads-west-new-roo-s-choice)

St Kilda recruit Zaine Cordy said the decision to leave the Western Bulldogs "wasn't easy", but felt it was the right time to depart the club.

Cordy, who was a father-son selection in 2014, played 118 games in eight years at the Bulldogs, including being part of their 2016 premiership side.

Speaking to AFL.com.au's Sarah Olle and Josh Gabelich on Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio, Cordy opened up on his emotional exchange with now-former coach Luke Beveridge.

"We both started together. He's been my only coach throughout my footy career," Cordy said.

"It was a bit emotional. He was a bit surprised that I was going but he understood why I was doing it. In the end, we still remain good mates and we will catch up in the near future."

Despite having an offer on the table to re-sign, Cordy felt opportunities may dry up with the acquisition of Liam Jones, opting to instead sign a three-year deal with the Saints.

"I thought opportunity would be quite limited at the Bulldogs and the Saints have been keeping tabs on me throughout the year," Cordy said.

"They see a bit of talent in me, I can play a role down there, whether it's forward or back... Another thing that drew me there is 'Ratts' (St Kilda coach Brett Ratten) is a good people person.

"He forms strong relationships with his players and staff. He has a lot of trust and faith in his players and that was a big drawcard." – Nick D'Urbano

soupman
06-10-2022, 02:07 PM
"They see a bit of talent in me, I can play a role down there, whether it's forward or back... Another thing that drew me there is 'Ratts' (St Kilda coach Brett Ratten) is a good people person.

Lol.

Axe Man
06-10-2022, 02:14 PM
Lol.

You won't be laughing when Zaine kicks 5 on Liam Jones next year. :D

jazzadogs
06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
Lol.

That's premiership centre half forward you're lolling at.

bornadog
06-10-2022, 02:55 PM
Interesting Saints had been in touch with him throughout the year.

Axe Man
06-10-2022, 02:57 PM
Interesting Saints had been in touch with him throughout the year.

I would say with the majority of trades the clubs have been in touch through the year, particularly if they are out of contract.

macca
06-10-2022, 05:41 PM
I like the idea that our players our wanted elsewhere. It creates value in trade currency.