PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog Spirit

Eastdog
09-10-2014, 11:09 PM
This is the time we need to stay strong and be there for the club. We can't have this attitude of giving up and we need to keep going. We nearly lost our club in 89 but it was many committed people who saved us. We have had many down years but one thing we need to do is keep fighting and hanging in there. Who knows in another 5-10 years we could be playing in Grand Final and this today will be history.

F'scary
09-10-2014, 11:46 PM
I with you! To be honest, all I can see is opportunity has come knocking at our door.

Purge all deviationists. Brendan McCartney thought is correct thought.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 12:09 AM
I with you! To be honest, all I can see is opportunity has come knocking at our door.

Purge all deviationists. Brendan McCartney thought is correct thought.

Not me. It's a bit like saying your wife/husband leaves you on your anniversary and saying 'now I've the opportunity to date super models'. Some need time to say how did it all go wrong. Also draft picks all look like super models, but some times you wake up to see Christian Howard spooning you and spend the next bit trying to work out how to chew your arm off.

Eastdog
10-10-2014, 03:13 PM
It could be worse. We could be undergoing an ASDA investigation so thankfully we are not. I'm hoping now this is a new start for our club and before you know it will be back playing finals.

Eastdog
10-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Cede Nullis (Yield to None)

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 05:49 PM

Except if they happen to be disgruntled senior players!

Eastdog
10-10-2014, 05:51 PM

Yep so unfortunate that this is the case. They need to take a good look at themselves and live up to the motto!

bornadog
10-10-2014, 05:55 PM
and young players.

SonofScray
10-10-2014, 06:44 PM

We should scrap this from our motto. It is a value that we just do not live and breath.

Webby
10-10-2014, 08:19 PM
It's really hit home just now that we miss Charlie Sutton. In all of our past debacles, when we sacked coaches, were folding, imploding or just on our knees, seeing footage of Charlie at the club always gave me comfort.

It'd be good to see a Rick Kennedy or a Steve Wallis or someone back at the place... Just showing their faces. It just makes people like me feel a bit more reassured.

Eastdog
02-05-2015, 10:41 PM
We should scrap this from our motto. It is a value that we just do not live and breath.

We sure lived up to it today. The Bulldog spirit is well and truly alive now.

SonofScray
02-05-2015, 11:34 PM
We sure lived up to it today. The Bulldog spirit is well and truly alive now.

I think this is part of why things are going well. The group has been galvanised against the events of October '14 and are really playing for each other, embracing the Club's identity. It has been a great response.

Eastdog
02-05-2015, 11:37 PM
I think this is part of why things are going well. The group has been galvanised against the events of October '14 and are really playing for each other, embracing the Club's identity. It has been a great response.

So true. We are playing for the jumper and for each other which is the most pleasing.

LostDoggy
02-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Here have a dose of Bulldog Spirit

Warning : Extreme swearing and Nudity - not suitable for anyone who has no respect for EJ Whitten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InGKswIGIzg

Eastdog
02-05-2015, 11:52 PM

Warning : Extreme swearing and Nudity - not suitable for anyone who has no respect for EJ Whitten

Ive seen this one before. Yep classic EJ.

Twodogs
04-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Ted was dead within a year of that being filmed.

Eastdog
09-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Hopefully the spirit will be back next week against a tough opponent in Fremantle. Certainly wasn't there for a half today.

chef
09-05-2015, 08:34 PM
Seems a fair bit of overreacting on here. We are a young side coming off a great last two weeks, we looked rooted and copped a decent reality check. We will be fine.

Bring on the Dockers.

Eastdog
09-05-2015, 08:39 PM
Seems a fair bit of overreacting on here. We are a young side coming off a great last two weeks, we looked rooted and copped a decent reality check. We will be fine.

Bring on the Dockers.

Yeah you may be right there chef.

Eastdog
10-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Could we give the Dockers a shake?

chef
10-05-2015, 06:53 AM
We beat Adelaide and Sydney so why not.

Maddog37
10-05-2015, 01:36 PM
If you had offered me a 4-2 win loss result at the start of the season I would have jumped at it with much enthusiasm.

Yesterday was a touch soul destroying but we knew that with a young team comes inconsistency both from week to week and within games themselves. Kudos to the Saints as they played a smart game.

Eastdog
10-05-2015, 01:48 PM

Yes and they are considered quality sides so you never know.

craigsahibee
12-05-2015, 11:44 AM

If Sandilands gives their mids first use of the footy, I fear for our defense. As good as they have been this year, its possible they may buckle under the sheer weight of numbers of forward 50 entries.

1eyedog
12-05-2015, 11:49 AM

Yep we can but Boyd, Wallis and Jong in the team would help a lot.

Mofra
12-05-2015, 12:09 PM
If you had offered me a 4-2 win loss result at the start of the season I would have jumped at it with much enthusiasm.
Ditto - some pessimists had us winning 5 or 6 games for the year

chef
12-05-2015, 12:12 PM
If Sandilands gives their mids first use of the footy, I fear for our defense. As good as they have been this year, its possible they may buckle under the sheer weight of numbers of forward 50 entries.

We've been destroyed in the ruck all season.

Bulldog4life
12-05-2015, 12:58 PM

And let's not forget that magnificent first half we played against the Saints before all went wrong. It was fantastic to watch. We can beat anyone on our day.

chef
12-05-2015, 01:05 PM
And let's not forget that magnificent first half we played against the Saints before all went wrong. It was fantastic to watch. We can beat anyone on our day.

We can. Saturday is a weird one as you can have completely different views on it depending on which half you want to focus on.

At this stage I'm happy to focus on the first half being a continuation of our good form this season and the 2nd half a one off.

Twodogs
12-05-2015, 01:22 PM
We can. Saturday is a weird one as you can have completely different views on it depending on which half you want to focus on.

At this stage I'm happy to focus on the first half being a continuation of our good form this season and the 2nd half a one off.

A game of two halves as Captain Blood used to say on World Of Sport.

Eastdog
12-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Hopefully we don't see a 2nd half like that this year again. What was dissapointing was the fact when the pressure was applied to us we buckled against a lowly St Kilda team. The Swans applied similar pressure and we coped well with that. I suppose we are still learning as a team in those high pressure situations and a game like one on Saturday teaches us never to take the footy of the peddle even against a weaker side.

Eastdog
12-05-2015, 01:39 PM

Yep we were great and our players we're certainly not taking it easy from the start.

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 12:24 AM
Hopefully we don't see a 2nd half like that this year again. What was dissapointing was the fact when the pressure was applied to us we buckled against a lowly St Kilda team. The Swans applied similar pressure and we coped well with that. I suppose we are still learning as a team in those high pressure situations and a game like one on Saturday teaches us never to take the footy of the peddle even against a weaker side.

The Swans tried to outmuscle us, whereas the Saints outsmarted.

If we're going to adopt the viewpoint — and I do — that 2015 still remains a development year, even if an exciting one, then we should all be looking forward to Fremantle. I'm hoping that the guys can pull off a win and get our momentum right back, but we need to understand this is Ross Lyon. The Antichrist of Football. We're going to need a Plan B. Then a Plan Z.

Ozza
14-05-2015, 01:02 PM
My gut feeling is that the challenge of Freo at home, is coming along at the right time.

Going in as underdogs, coming off a loss, I feel like we will be up for the challenge. And if we play well (win or lose) we get that confidence brimming again to take into a run of 'should win' type matches.

Whereas, if we had Melbourne this week - we would be expected to win, but coming off a loss to St.Kilda - would perhaps be feeling more vulnerable.

As I said - just a gut feeling! And possibly all nonsense!

azabob
14-05-2015, 01:40 PM
Ozza, I like this nonsense you speak.

Twodogs
14-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Ozza, I like this nonsense you speak.

Me three.

1eyedog
14-05-2015, 04:08 PM
It's good nonsense.

LostDoggy
14-05-2015, 05:31 PM
My gut feeling is that the challenge of Freo at home, is coming along at the right time.

Going in as underdogs, coming off a loss, I feel like we will be up for the challenge. And if we play well (win or lose) we get that confidence brimming again to take into a run of 'should win' type matches.

Whereas, if we had Melbourne this week - we would be expected to win, but coming off a loss to St.Kilda - would perhaps be feeling more vulnerable.

Yep , huge game No1 v No7 ( but equal No2 and one win better than Hawthorn )

This one if for Clay

Maddog37
14-05-2015, 06:50 PM
I

They were suggesting on SEN this arvo that Freo might already look to manage some of their players.

ledge
14-05-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm worried about us going in for the game against freo , losing it then being buggered and Melbourne beat us the next week .

Eastdog
23-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Yes I agree that the last quarter was bad but for 3 quarters we did ok and fought hard. Stringer and Redpath and Wallis just to name a few did very well today. Sure we still have a long way to win a premiership but that doesn't mean our season is over and we have a final series to look forward the last in 2010 and the fact with the events of last year we have well exceeded expectations. Need to keep our heads up and come back because that's the Bulldog way.

Eastdog
29-07-2016, 11:37 PM
It was well and truly on display tonight and throughout the year with our horror run of injuries.

Eastdog
13-08-2016, 05:06 PM
It is really at the moment alive and well. Another spirited win last night. Will be make us more mentally tougher in these situations the fact that we can win close.

Eastdog
29-08-2016, 02:53 PM
It will be on display next Thursday night. Will give the Eagles a scare on their deck.

Twodogs
29-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Carn the dogs.

1eyedog
29-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Carn the dogs.

Yep carn the scraggers

Eastdog
29-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Can see the newspaper headlines:

"Magnificent Dogs topple the Eagles in Perth to secure a semi final berth" or

"Dogs prevail in a famous win over the Eagles and secure a semi final berth"

1eyedog
30-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Or

Spread Eagled in Perth: Eagles punished Doggy Style.

Eastdog
30-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Or

Spread Eagled in Perth: Eagles punished Doggy Style.

Nice one 1eyedog

Eastdog
24-03-2018, 06:08 PM
It was there from our girls today in winning the AFLW premiership and I'm hopeful it will be there tomorrow and this season as it was lacking a lot in 2017.

Eastdog
25-03-2018, 07:29 PM
This was there during our 2016 run to the flag and we desperately need it back.

Totally non-existent ATM