PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou Macca

lemmon
10-10-2014, 12:57 PM
The football world moves on too quickly and we need to take a moment to thank Macca for all he's done at the club. It hasn't been easy and it hasn't been as successful as we'd all hoped but the Whitten Oval is better for having had him here. It takes a courageous man to come in and try to change the culture of a place rather than just win games, he's made some hard calls that other would have shied away from. He's had his critics (me amongst them) but I think we can all acknowledge the hard, good work he's contributed.

Thanks Macca.

chef
10-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Thanks Macca, you will be missed.

Another club is going to end up with a fantastic football person.

Greystache
10-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I really feel for him. He tried to change the environment at a club that doesn't want to change. It was a brave effort, but sadly in the end a futile one, the club isn't strong enough to ever be successful.

I've no doubt we'll see him again at a club that is successful, and I wish him well.

westdog54
10-10-2014, 01:08 PM
The bastards finally got their way.

Thank you for everything Macca. We will never know just what you we capable of doing for our club.

Mofra
10-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you Macca - you tried to introduce a strong club culture but evidently could not gain the support of people who wanted to maintain the status quo.

Daughter of the West
10-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Thank you Macca. You clearly gave it your all.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Exactly the type of coach i wanted at the club after the repeated Prelim failures. I think i only yelled at him 2 or 3 times when we lost games that we shouldn't have. The other 98.5% i was behind him. As has been said, our loss will be societies gain (whatever he decides to do).

whythelongface
10-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Thank you Macca. Sorry you didn't get the full support you deserved. It saddens me that our club does not have strong leadership.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks Macca, well in!!! You have set a competitive "crack in" basis to all our younger brigade, this will set us up for success in the future, and your efforts and contribution will be remembered

Hotdog60
10-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I wish they kept him, all the best Macca I was a believer.

If Griffen stays I don't know what my feelings will be. I would have liked for us to go the distance with the coach.

I hope they appoint a coach that does build on what Macca has started and does send us the other way.

Ozza
10-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Thank you Macca.

I can only hope that the next person to fill your seat benefits from what you have begun at the kennel.

Murphy'sLore
10-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Thank you Macca.

I'm so sad and sorry that you're no longer a part of the Bulldogs family, but you will be remembered as the builder of the foundation of our future success. All the best.

Sedat
10-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Thank you Macca.

I can only hope that the next person to fill your seat benefits from what you have begun at the kennel.
Well said Ozza

bornadog
10-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Thank you for the hard work over the three years, a lot of work that we never see, not only at the club but in the community.

Good luck with the next role.

Bulldog4life
10-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Good luck for the future Macca. You always took time to talk to the fans and in public represented the Club excellently. Your hard work did not go unnoticed.

Eastdog
10-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Good luck Macca in whatever you decide to do next. It's sad to see him go but I hope we really take the time to appoint the right man who I believe needs to be a good tactician as well as communicator.

Pedro Sanchez
10-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Thanks M-Dog. I really liked listening to you on footy matters and really hoped you'd succeed. Shame it hasnt worked out. All the best in future. Thanks for your efforts.

Remi Moses
10-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Thank you Macca.

Well done . I agree

BulldogBelle
10-10-2014, 06:40 PM
I am one of those 'bastards who finally got their way'. I thought that he was a poor coach.

Macca tried hard. I am sure that he did his very best.

I wish him the very best. He has my respect.

Thank you for your efforts.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 07:49 PM
I would have kept you. I met you and thought you were decent and made total sense.

Sorry it ended like this. It is no consolation, but you will occupy a different place in our history to other sacked/resigned coaches. Things went wrong and got out of your control. Hope you coach again.

AndrewP6
10-10-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm one of the 'bastards' too. I don't hold any angst towards him, but that extension was pure madness. However I'm sure he meant well, he tried his best, just wasn't up to the task. I wish him the best in whatever his future holds.

F'scary
10-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Thank you, Macca. It is weird the way it has all ended because for the duration of your tenure you coached the playing group in a low key professional manner that appeared to rub off on the players. Didn't lead to great success on the field but you definitely stopped us sliding further and made us competitive on the field the last 2 years.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Thanks Macca.

You have built the cornerstones to our future success. I'm sad to see you wont get to see out your vision but rest assured you started something special. You were the right coach for the right time.

boydogs
10-10-2014, 10:52 PM
You were the right coach for the right time.

His strength is in player development, so although he had 2 years left to run I think we have gotten the best out of what he has to offer.

Thanks Macca & all the best

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Don't I look stupid? 3 weeks ago I walked up to Macca had a brief chat at a function. I finished by offering a handshake and said "I just wanted thank you and offer some king words. The club has been too quick to act in the past on senior coaches so it's good they've backed you and the strategy after the review."

bornadog
11-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Don't I look stupid? 3 weeks ago I walked up to Macca had a brief chat at a function. I finished by offering a handshake and said "I just wanted thank you and offer some king words. The club has been too quick to act in the past on senior coaches so it's good they've backed you and the strategy after the review."

Wrong thread should be in the ......so its your fault thread.

Greystache
11-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Right coach, wrong club.

Nuggety Back Pocket
11-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Right coach, wrong club.

Macca was highly regarded at Geelong where he spent 10 years. My hope is that his influence at the Bulldogs can change our culture to what is required to become truly competitive once again.

Mantis
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Macca was highly regarded at Geelong where he spent 10 years. My hope is that his influence at the Bulldogs can change our culture to what is required to become truly competitive once again.

He was highly regarded in a development role.. Which is the role he is best suited to.