PDA

View Full Version : We are a Basket Case

whythelongface
10-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Sorry for the thread title but after today's decision we really are a basket case. No wonder we have only won one Flag in our history of the VFL/ AFL when we have our players effectively destroy a potential dynasty. Basically this is a player revolt brought about by some tough decisions and love from our head coach. The board has effectively bowed to the pressures of our players and removed the coach.

There is no doubt McCartney had his faults and is not blameless but in the space of 24 hours we have lost our captain and our coach. What a bloodbath. What a joke we are and always will be.

At least all those posters on the Bulldogs Facebook page will be happy.

Rant over.

Eastdog
10-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes it is very bad right now but I'm hopeful we can get ourselves out of this deep hole we are currently in. We need a coach who is a good communicator and a good tactician and not make any hasty decisions. We need a captain who is committed to the task and the club.

Bulldog4life
10-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Sorry for the thread title but after today's decision we really are a basket case. No wonder we have only won one Flag in our history of the VFL/ AFL when we have our players effectively destroy a potential dynasty. Basically this is a player revolt brought about by some tough decisions and love from our head coach. The board has effectively bowed to the pressures of our players and removed the coach.

There is no doubt McCartney had his faults and is not blameless but in the space of 24 hours we have lost our captain and our coach. What a bloodbath. What a joke we are and always will be.

At least all those posters on the Bulldogs Facebook page will be happy.

Rant over.

The reason why I never read that piffle. Here at WOOF I like to think we are all Bulldog supporters on Facebook that is not the case. It's rubbish.

Webby
10-10-2014, 05:10 PM
I honestly thought we were better than this whole debacle.

Disappointed yet again. I'm a sucker, so I'll pick myself up and go again.

But, as God is my witness, I won't be back as a WBFC member if Griffen is a listed player.

Bulldog4life
10-10-2014, 05:12 PM

But, as God is my witness, I won't be back as a WBFC member if Griffen is a listed player.

I on the other hand will always be a member irrespective of which players are on our list.

BulldogBelle
10-10-2014, 05:14 PM
If the decision was made to ask McCartney for his resignation straight after the end of season review, I'd say fair enough. But to wait until all this happens and then have to play catch up...just plain sad! This club is really lacking something. And it's not good players or a capable coach.

BulldogBelle
10-10-2014, 05:15 PM

l will always be a member but l don't want him (cant mention that name) back.

Webby
10-10-2014, 05:24 PM
I on the other hand will always be a member irrespective of which players are on our list.

Fair enough. Everyone has their own set of principles. I'll be back at some point, but not with that bloke on our list.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm so upset. Now I know what my mum felt like with me as a silly kid who never learned early life lessons. Yelling at me was a form of upset, but the look of utter disappointment without words was a far worse type of being upset. If the club was a person in front of me I wouldn't be yelling, but that empty stare of you're a f*** up and if there's a next time maybe there's no coming back.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Topdog
11-10-2014, 08:59 PM
We are but trying to look up so were port this time 2 years ago. It can change quickly.