PDA

View Full Version : How's this for an idea?

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Management experts please chip in if you like.... Spill every position at the club, every board spot, every manager level job and have everyone re-apply (recruiters exempt with the draft coming up). Gordon gets his job easily upon application. From there spill everything and everyone. It's the club is going to nose dive in dysfunctional toxicity, then reassure us every other person is a part of the rebuild and those who choose to walk away or do not get reappointed are gone with reason. If this painful embarrassment need occur then spill everything and everyone. Death by a thousand cuts like Melbourne had by taking several years to cut their off field dead wood kept bad news consistent and held the club back. Get everything out of the way now, have it done with and move on united, maybe with or without new faces.

mighty_west
10-10-2014, 10:49 PM
No, we need to move on now quickly, trade well, appoint the coach and get stuck into it.

I trust Peter Gordon to have a handle on things.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Absolutely vital now to keep important postings. Things like sack Garlick, etc. aren't being uttered by anyone with any business sense.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Absolutely vital now to keep important postings. Things like sack Garlick, etc. aren't being uttered by anyone with any business sense.

Keeping a CEO who has overseen a complete disaster is good business sense? So the buck stops with who?

1eyedog
10-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Wouldn't be surprise when things calm down to see Garlick step down.

azabob
10-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Keeping a CEO who has overseen a complete disaster is good business sense? So the buck stops with who?

Peter Gordon and the board, is where the buck stops. Not saying they go, but that is where the buck stops.

Graham Lowe certainly would be looking over his shoulder, as would Simon Garlick.

GVGjr
10-10-2014, 11:16 PM

Is Garlick the next one to be applied the blowtorch?

Twodogs
10-10-2014, 11:16 PM

You don't understand. The buck stopped with Bmac, Bmac has gone and taken the buck with him.

The buck no longer exists for us. Problem solved and everything is back to normal.

azabob
10-10-2014, 11:18 PM
You don't understand. The buck stopped with Bmac, Bmac has gone and taken the buck with him.

The buck no longer exists for us. Problem solved and everything is back to normal.

As you and I both know, that's the problem.

KT31
10-10-2014, 11:23 PM

Our problem may just be we have too many bucks but no one to spend them on.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 11:26 PM
Is Garlick the next one to be applied the blowtorch?

I'm not out for his blood, the OP was about spilling everything without singling any one person out. He's the CEO, the chief, and as such is accountable as much as anyone.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 11:27 PM

Hearing ya TD. Hearing ya.

KT31
10-10-2014, 11:31 PM
Forget more sacking and resignations I for one would love to see the Senior players and kid's combined deliver a statement to say they are supporting the direction the club is still headed in.

bornadog
11-10-2014, 12:17 AM
No, we need to move on now quickly, trade well, appoint the coach and get stuck into it.

I trust Peter Gordon to have a handle on things.

Couldn't agree more.

bornadog
11-10-2014, 12:19 AM
Our problem may just be we have too many bucks but no one to spend them on.

Love your humour.

boydogs
11-10-2014, 01:11 AM
Spill every position at the club

What if they're under contract? An agreement is an agreement

Greystache
11-10-2014, 03:54 AM

Surely it's Fantasia's fault?

Or can we blame coaches again?

hujsh
11-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Surely it's Fantasia's fault?

Or can we blame coaches again?

OF COURSE!!!

Now it makes sense. It all started once Djerkurra got that contract. On your bike Fantasia.

jeemak
11-10-2014, 04:11 AM
I couldn't think of anything more stupid than dissolving the entire management structure of the football club.

Let's just let the dust settle.

LostDoggy
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM

I dont think Garlick's job should be free from speculation. He should be part of any review.
He needs to bare some responsibility that things got as bad as they did without intervening sooner.
Easy for me to say I know, but I would have thought the CEO should have been on the front foot talking to players and the captain towards the end of the year so that Griffen never had to come to him and Chris Grant.

Also the idea that they had a meeting to resolve what were serious issues and disengagement with players and it was "resolved" by asking Ryan if he was happy to proceed seems pretty amateur also....I would have thought that Garlick would have the emotional intelligence to recognize that Ryan was still going to be dissatisfied at the outcome.

Greg Swann at Carlton lost his job as CEO for a lot less than this....

BornInDroopSt'54
11-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Sorry BT it's a silly proposition for mine. It is too destabilising. We don't need ethnic cleansing, that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Ryan Griffen wants out does not necessitate a spill of positions. Trust in our soul, he proved he was not part of it. Business speak is not the only solution.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Sorry BT it's a silly proposition for mine. It is too destabilising. We don't need ethnic cleansing, that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Ryan Griffen wants out does not necessitate a spill of positions. Trust in our soul, he proved he was not part of it. Business speak is not the only solution.

Ethnic cleansing.... Not sure the reference. But this is the worst period I can ever recall our club being. Worst than anything I couldve nightmared. Surely those asleep at the wheel have their jobs questioned. Keeping people who have overseen a suicide bombing of our club for 'stability' or some such makes no sense. It's not blame or retribution, it's about reonsibility, if this were any other club I'm sure a lot of responses would be different about investigating what went wrong and who didn't do the required things so it doesn't happen again.

Twodogs
11-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Ethnic cleansing.... Not sure the reference. But this is the worst period I can ever recall our club being. Worst than anything I couldve nightmared. Surely those asleep at the wheel have their jobs questioned. Keeping people who have overseen a suicide bombing of our club for 'stability' or some such makes no sense. It's not blame or retribution, it's about reonsibility, if this were any other club I'm sure a lot of responses would be different about investigating what went wrong and who didn't do the required things so it doesn't happen again.

The mid seventies were far worse than this. There was an actual war between two factions of the club.

Bulldog4life
11-10-2014, 08:53 PM
The mid seventies were far worse than this. There was an actual war between two factions of the club.

Was that when the Footy Club and the Social Club were two separate entities Twodogs or was that another time?

Webby
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Was that when the Footy Club and the Social Club were two separate entities Twodogs or was that another time?

Is really like to know more about that spat. I was just a bit too young to understand it all. I had heard money went missing or something??

Bulldog4life
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
I know about it Webby but I was travelling at the time so don't know all the ins and outs either.

hujsh
11-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Ethnic cleansing.... Not sure the reference.

Not a reference. Basically genocide of a culture or ethnicity. In this case referring to removing anyone associated with the club and creating a better culture.