PDA

View Full Version : Where did your username come from?

The Coon Dog
05-11-2007, 08:56 PM
About 3 years ago at my work we ran a footy tipping comp. As usual, nobody wanted to run it, particularly getting everyone's tips in & collating weekly scores.

Someone then decided to use footy tips online to do it, but gave everyone a username for a bit of fun. He called me 'The Coon Dog' because I barrack for the Bulldogs & his favourite Bulldog player is Adam Cooney. It has grown on me & I use it on here.

Where did your username come from?

bulldogtragic
05-11-2007, 09:01 PM
From the Melways.

Templeton31
05-11-2007, 09:12 PM
My favorite player as a kid was Danny Del-re.

LostDoggy
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
My last name is Borg so i added a y. How original.

If i had my time again i would be briansboy36;)

soupman
05-11-2007, 09:24 PM
One day a few years ago I was bored and was thinking of alternate spellings after discovering the world of abbreviations ie. lol, 2nite etc.

I started thinking of alternate ways to spell words, and thought of superman and how it could be spelt. I proceeded to use the name that produced (soupaman) for various things as it was so stupid nobody else had taken it. Its now my username (obviously).

Go_Dogs
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
I chose a new name after McMahon was traded, and went with Griff to keep the SA connection going, and because after a quiet/injury ruined year, people need some reminding of his quality.

Sockeye Salmon
05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
My dad took me to a game in about 1973. I would have been about 8.

Ian Salmon was a bit of the Ben Harrison/Sam Power of his time (he was actually a bit better than that but he copped it from supporters all the same - maybe Danny Giansiracusa would be a better analogy).

He must have stuffed up, because my Dad yelled out "for ****'s sake Salmon, get back in your can".

It was the first time I ever heard my Dad swear and I took an instant liking to Sockeye.

To this day I reckon I've only heard my Dad swear about 3 times.

bornadog
06-11-2007, 12:01 AM
I just decided that I was always born to be a bulldog supporter. Born in the Footscray & District Hospital (now Western General), lived near the ground, dad took me to games when I was very young. The earliest memory is sitting on his shoulders, so I must have been very young. Just a passionate supporter, so when Gazza asked me to join, it had to be bornadog.

LostDoggy
06-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Brian harris is becoming a bit of cult hero amongst the bulldogs fans and i am loving it as he is my favourite player and especially because he is a full back.

FrediKanoute
06-11-2007, 03:55 AM
I support Spurs and wanted a name which was different and not connected with AFL etc. Anyway about 3 years ago Spurs had this guy plying for them called fredi kanoute. I decided his name was different enough so picked that. About 6 months after I chose the name Spurs sold him to Seville and he went on to score a few goals against Spurs in last years UEFA Cup quarters......

Drunken Bum
06-11-2007, 06:16 AM
Anyone who as spent a weekend with me will understand, or a monday, tues, wed, thurs or even a fri :)

LostDoggy
06-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Basically it is my nickname.

Banana has been my nickname since I was 14 and I still get my friends parents calling me this even though Im in my mid 30's !!!!

Generally when I try & join anything online, someone always has already used "banana" as a user name so I have to try and find a different way to use it but still keep it relevant.

ie Bulldog Banana

LostDoggy
06-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Dale_Morris_Is_The_Greatest_Person_Ever was too long, so I picked this one ;)

Chicago1
06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Duh! :p

aker39
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I wanted to start a campaign for Aker to be given Libba's number 39. ( I obviuosly failed)

I have considered changing my name on numerous occassions due to it's closeness to another user on another forum.

wimberga
07-11-2007, 01:33 PM
My nickname has been Wimberga since i was little because one of my friends had a speech problem and couldnt pronounce my last name, thus it because "wimberga"
I just use it for everything because i remember it.

If i had my time again id prob have something about Boyd or Big Will in my name...maybe Big WIlly

always right
07-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Modesty forbids.

Actually I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken:D

always right
07-11-2007, 01:40 PM
One day a few years ago I was bored and was thinking of alternate spellings after discovering the world of abbreviations ie. lol, 2nite etc.

I started thinking of alternate ways to spell words, and thought of superman and how it could be spelt. I proceeded to use the name that produced (soupaman) for various things as it was so stupid nobody else had taken it. Its now my username (obviously).

You clearly have too much time on your hands. One question though....if you discovered the world of abbreviations, why did you choose a name that has the same number of letters as the original spelling?:confused:

Twodogs
07-11-2007, 03:35 PM
An old joke that would have to be cleaned up considerably before I told it here.

Cyberdoggie
07-11-2007, 03:43 PM
i tried to think of something bulldog related,
so i picked woofa the mascot from princess park days which i used to call the Cyberdoggie due to the large shiny silver dome on his noggin.

Sedat
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I wanted something that was instantly recognisable as a Bulldogs supporter, but with tongue planted in cheek.

I have an exclamation mark on the end of my username on BF, which pays homage to Year of the Dogs, when during a training session, Terry Wallace yells out.."Sedat! If you can't kick straight, get off the f**kin ground!"

Sockeye Salmon
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
An old joke that would have to be cleaned up considerably before I told it here.

Why do you ask?

The Coon Dog
07-11-2007, 04:38 PM

Funny name for an Indian, that!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
07-11-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm a Big Wilco fan and happened to be listening to their Album Yankee Hotel Foxtrot at the time I found BigFooty and starved of immediate ideas for a name it seemed good enough. Then when I was invited to this site I was just too lazy to think of new name.

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Great band, over rated album.

Twodogs
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Why do you ask?

It's a great joke. One of my faves of all time.

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Well, I like my Footscray VFA players of the past. Some of the names that roll of the tongue are 'Ching' Harris, Vernon Banbury, 'Nance' Williams, Dave De Coite and Johnny Craddock.

Banbury is my favourite but I settled for Joe Marmo before I realised his footycard adorned the top of the page here. Seems quite appropriate now.

GVGjr
07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Banbury is my favourite but I settled for Joe Marmo before I realised his footycard adorned the top of the page here. Seems quite appropriate now.

Not forgetting that the sites best and fairest award is also called the Joe Marmo.

DOG GOD
07-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Mine is pretty easy. Dog spelt backward is GOD, and as a HUGE KISS / Paul Stanley fan i thought DOG GOD would be cool.

Sockeye Salmon
07-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I like my Footscray VFA players of the past. Some of the names that roll of the tongue are 'Ching' Harris, Vernon Banbury, 'Nance' Williams, Dave De Coite and Johnny Craddock.

Where's Vic Samson? 5-time premiership player.

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 10:45 PM
An abbreviation of my nickname and favourite number.
Explanation of the nickname will probably get me banned.

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
i tried to think of something bulldog related,
so i picked woofa the mascot from princess park days which i used to call the Cyberdoggie due to the large shiny silver dome on his noggin.

I am suprised by your explanation. I always thought you had the coolest name - cyber because you are in cyberspace and doggie for supporter.

LostDoggy
07-11-2007, 11:47 PM
I love the dogs, the two legged as well as the four legged. When a dog gets excited he barks really excitedly, wags his tail and is pretty friendly to other dogs around him who also join in the barking (the equivalent for people is giving strangers high fives). :)

LostDoggy
08-11-2007, 09:32 PM
GODWIN FOT

The English name of Foots Cray evolved from a Saxon chieftain Godwin Fot. The landowner Godwin Fot was recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086 for the invading monarch, the Norman King William 1 who was earlier just the Duke of Normandy.

William who 20 years ago at Senlac Hill defeated the reigning Saxon ruler King Harold at the famous 1066 Battle of Hastings and is forever more remembered as William the Conqueror rather than William 1.

The Godwin part of the Godwin Fot name has slipped from common usage in this situation but the Fot was to continue although it was to later alter from Fot to Foot. Nearby is the river Cray and whether at the time there was a ‘Bridge on the River Cray’ is unconfirmed, but what is known is that the town of Maidstone was nearby. Maidstone and Foots Cray were to have their names copied and be neighbours again in this new land 12,000 miles away from England.

As Fot evolved somehow into Foot in England, the Australian differentiation was for Foots Cray to become Footscray and in 1859 the town was to achieve the status of a municipality as Melbourne’s population expanded rapidly on the back of the Victorian Gold Rush.

Please read the historian John Lack's 1991 history of Footscray book for a more definitive story of Footscray the suburb.

LostDoggy
08-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Where's Vic Samson? 5-time premiership player.

Yes, quite remiss of me Sockeye to exclude one of the great VFA players...however, I did leave him out because his career spilled over into our first 2 VFL years. Maybe I could have added more names in Archie Clarke, Paddy Hinch, Jack Coward and Dr Roy Park.

By the way Sockeye, I played on you down in the Alberton League some years ago. You were in your early 40's and beat me in the air but I was too swift when the ball hit the ground. Must say, it was my honour to play on your good self.

Bulldog4life
09-11-2007, 11:44 AM
My daughter went through the faze of loving pro wrestling. At the time The NWO were huge and their motto was "For Life". She started calling me BFL...Bulldog for Life. At least that's what she told me the initials stood for.:D

aker39
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
. At least that's what she told me the initials stood for.:D

You've left yourself wide open there.... Big Fat Lard

Bulldog4life
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
You've left yourself wide open there.... Big Fat Lard

I'll have to quash that one, only 73 kilos but I think you're right, I have left myself wide open.:)

The Underdog
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM

Oh no you didn't!!! Don't you know that album's untouchable:eek:
Seriously I think it's genius, but can understand people who may think otherwise.

On a musically related note. My name came both from the cartoon character that TCD has so kindly turned into a bulldogs supporter in my avatar but moreso from a song by a Texan band called Spoon, on an album that came out earlier this year. The lyrics to which go: You got no time for the messenger
Got no regard for the things that you don't understand
You have no fear of the underdog
That's why you will not survive

It doesn't really relate to our football team. But I listened to that album a fair bit and the title has the word dog in it. Plus music is my other obsession. My sigs are usually just lyrics from songs I'm listening to.

Sockeye Salmon
09-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes, quite remiss of me Sockeye to exclude one of the great VFA players...however, I did leave him out because his career spilled over into our first 2 VFL years. Maybe I could have added more names in Archie Clarke, Paddy Hinch, Jack Coward and Dr Roy Park.

By the way Sockeye, I played on you down in the Alberton League some years ago. You were in your early 40's and beat me in the air but I was too swift when the ball hit the ground. Must say, it was my honour to play on your good self.

Fair effort, that, Joe. You must have been about 110 years old!

Having said that, I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see a 110 year old out-run Sockeye. He was never the swiftest bloke around.

LostDoggy
09-11-2007, 03:04 PM
It's a great joke. One of my faves of all time.
And mine. I was most disappointed when I saw that handle taken when I joined WOOF.

Twodogs
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
GODWIN FOT

The English name of Foots Cray evolved from a Saxon chieftain Godwin Fot. The landowner Godwin Fot was recorded in the Doomsday Book of 1086 for the invading monarch, the Norman King William 1 who was earlier just the Duke of Normandy.

William who 20 years ago at Senlac Hill defeated the reigning Saxon ruler King Harold at the famous 1066 Battle of Hastings and is forever more remembered as William the Conqueror rather than William 1.

The Godwin part of the Godwin Fot name has slipped from common usage in this situation but the Fot was to continue although it was to later alter from Fot to Foot. Nearby is the river Cray and whether at the time there was a ‘Bridge on the River Cray’ is unconfirmed, but what is known is that the town of Maidstone was nearby. Maidstone and Foots Cray were to have their names copied and be neighbours again in this new land 12,000 miles away from England.

As Fot evolved somehow into Foot in England, the Australian differentiation was for Foots Cray to become Footscray and in 1859 the town was to achieve the status of a municipality as Melbourne’s population expanded rapidly on the back of the Victorian Gold Rush.

Please read the historian John Lack's 1991 history of Footscray book for a more definitive story of Footscray the suburb.

The word 'Cray' means a fordable or crossable part of a river. Footscray=the town that grew up on the crossable part of the river Foots.

Harold is my second favorite Anglo-Saxon king

LostDoggy
09-11-2007, 06:27 PM
The word 'Cray' means a fordable or crossable part of a river. Footscray=the town that grew up on the crossable part of the river Foots.

Harold is my second favorite Anglo-Saxon king

So would I be correct in assuming that Alfred the Great was your favourite- or was it Edward The Confessor?

Then again was it Egbert or Etherlred the Unready or possibly another one?

LostDoggy
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Was out walking the dog and wasn't watching where I was walking - too late - you guessed it. While cleaning my shoe I thought 'I should join Woof',
or,
As I'm a long time 'Doggy' supporter, I thought it's about time I 'Doo' something to get more involved.
Take your pick!

The Coon Dog
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Was out walking the dog and wasn't watching where I was walking - too late - you guessed it. While cleaning my shoe I thought 'I should join Woof',
or,
As I'm a long time 'Doggy' supporter, I thought it's about time I 'Doo' something to get more involved.
Take your pick!
Either one is fine & welcome to WOOF DD.

Twodogs
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
So would I be correct in assuming that Alfred the Great was your favourite- or was it Edward The Confessor?

Then again was it Egbert or Etherlred the Unready or possibly another one?

Offa.

Built the defensive dyke and attained the title of Bretwulda against overwhelming odss. Also had an equal marriage pact with Charlemaigne which, when these contracts were entered into were a tacit admission of Ovrlordship by one party to another, was an amazing acheivment for a guy at the end of the Earth over the most sophistacated and influential court of the day.

Reading Justin Pollard's Alfred The Great at the moment. Pollard spends more time debunking myths and making solid points about the nature of historical 'facts' than actually explaining what was happeneing to the protaginists.

Got a lot of time for Cnut as well. Sensible, practical and violent-all good Viking traits but he wasnt an Anglo-Saxon King. He just ruled an Anglo-Saxon Kingdon-itonically with Harold Godwinson's grandfather as his right hand man and chief henchman. If he got the job of henchman to a Viking king over a Viking then old Wulfnoth Godwinson must have been a particularly nasty piece of work.

Not a lot of time for Edward the Confesser although I must say I've got a sneaking respect for him never consumating his marriage to the daughter of Earl Godwinson that was foisted on him-he hated Godwinson because Godwinson had killed the kings brother in Cnut's sons reighn. Edward was an albino and grew up in Normandy with William the Conquerer.

What can you say about Ethelred? Totally lost the plot and then lost the farm. Not a lot of sympathy from me.

LostDoggy
12-11-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had Chops, Ching and now Ernie Sigley.
If its not obvious 2 were former players and both VFA legends. Ernie's probably our biggest media personality and fan over the last 30 years.

I love nicknames especially ones from the VFA days.

I like Sedat but would change it to Sedat Yes Sir. Thinking of changing to something like Groana, Missy, etc.

I hope someone someday comes out with 'Next McLeod' or 'Scalpel 4 a left foot'.

Mantis
12-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope someone someday comes out with 'Next McLeod' or 'Scalpel 4 a left foot'.

What about 'The Surgeon'?

mackem
14-11-2007, 09:55 PM
Mine comes from the nickname of my English Football team Sunderland " The Mackems". Although they are now known as "The Black Cats"

The Coon Dog
14-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Mine comes from the nickname of my English Football team Sunderland " The Mackems". Although they are now known as "The Black Cats"

Is 'mackem' in reference to the ships being built in Sunderland, where they 'mackem' (make them)?

mackem
14-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Is 'mackem' in reference to the ships being built in Sunderland, where they 'mackem' (make them)?

I believe so but it's been so long that I'm not entirely sure.

The Coon Dog
14-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Article on wikipedia about 'mackem'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackem

mackem
14-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Article on wikipedia about 'mackem'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackem

Thanks for that. Its quite interesting.

As you see I've used one of the avatars you sent me.

The Coon Dog
14-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Thanks for that. Its quite interesting.

As you see I've used one of the avatars you sent me.

Looks good too, tho a Geordie might have a problem or two! ;)

mackem
14-11-2007, 10:46 PM
Looks good too, tho a Geordie might have a problem or two! ;)

I don't care what the Geordies think.

LostDoggy
17-11-2007, 03:43 PM
I have always liked Sunderland, because of your name mainly - Sunderland it sounds fantastic.

Not a wrap for the nickname Black Cats to be honest with you, sorry about that but I prefer Mackems.

The Sunderland crest is great although it isn't all that old. Do you know if they are going to make the entie stadium triple tiered- to complete the job and raise the capacity to over 63,000? I understand that is in the pipeline.

You make not like me mentioning it but I wonder the same with Newcastle's ground- and also Old Trafford- are they planning to make all stands thee same height? St James' Park looks beautiful, but they really need to make that Grandstand go all the way- ditto for Old Trafford and for the Staduim of Light.

Raw Toast
18-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Raw Toast was the name of a one-off band from my school - I always liked the silliness of it and a decade and a half later got to put it back into use.

btw my avatar is a Griffin (pun intended) if anyone ever wondered (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griffin).

LostDoggy
30-07-2008, 01:00 PM
It's a reference to the Bulldogs style of play of recent years, and has a political connotation. In Mao's China anyone with western leanings or a desire to ameliorate the worst effects of that terrible regime was a 'capitalist running dog'. So, using the term is a way of p***ing on the grave of communism, and a reminder that western liberal democratic values will always triumph.

1eyedog
30-07-2008, 01:09 PM
The family Bulldog we had from the ages of 2 to 13, he only had one eye as a grass seed got stuck behind the other one and it had to be removed, although Dad always told me he looked through a keyhole and someone put a key in there.

ledge
30-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Mine is for doing utterly stupid things on a football field and cricket field.
People get nicknamed for the actual thing they are not for sarcasms sake, thus i am so far off Legend status that i was called it in one of my stupid moments in a football grand final.
It quickly became Ledge and has stuck since.
Even my number plates have it and its nearly 20 yrs ago now.
For those of you on this site who remember me in primary school, i was glad to lose the nickname "bucky"

LostDoggy
30-07-2008, 03:18 PM
AHHH Ledge You'll always be BUCKY to me......mine is very easy, childhood nickname that still haunts me to this very day and i'm a proud westy....the photo is from my all time fav movie!!

Desipura
30-07-2008, 04:52 PM
I was listening to the old sport 927 for some footy news some 10 yrs ago and they were talking about interesting horse names.
There was a horse called dessipuera which when you back to front it reads are u pi$$ed.
I then shortened the name, some may say I was pi$$ed at the time. hahaha
I have been meaning to change my name for a while now, never got around to it.

The Pie Man
30-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Can you actually change your user name and keep your history?

Mine's my yahoo address, within weeks I regretted not putting more thought into it, I'd change it to 'Beaser' or 'The Pie Man' if I could (given my avatar) I loved that bald nut growing up, reminded me of my Dad...if he could play football....seems he passed those lack of skills onto me

Apparently the Butler name used to mean something in Footscray - Dad would tell me how he and his brother would get into movies free and stuff for being Vic Butler's son - my response to Dad was if I told people I was your son I'd get a kick up the arse (and he actually laughed at that, I was kinda relieved, he's a good bloke)

LostDoggy
30-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Think I've mentioned this before on another site, however here goes. Many moons ago, when there was a Western Bulldog chat room, some chatters were talking about the disastrous game we had just played against Port Adelaide. We decided that the Three Stooges could do better and even though we were three females, we took on the nics of Curly5, Larry6 and Mo7. The numbers referred to our favorite players at the time.
Was anyone else involved with that WB Chatroom?

ledge
30-07-2008, 08:40 PM
AHHH Ledge You'll always be BUCKY to me......mine is very easy, childhood nickname that still haunts me to this very day and i'm a proud westy....the photo is from my all time fav movie!!

Monkeyman!!!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Mine comes as many of you know from the Wilco album.
But how I chose is was when I first joined the other footy forum, I tried about 5 different Bulldog combinations.. and every time I clicked the button to complete my membership it would come back and tell me that name was taken....
I was a bit stumped for names after the umpteenth rejection, and as I had Yankee Hotel Foxtrot playing on the stereo at that time, I thought well I doubt anyone uses this as a username.

whythelongface
30-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Not really sure why I chose mine. Maybe the fact that every team I support rarely has any success therefore I end up having a long face. Let's face it following these teams - Footscray, QPR, Newtown, Feyenoord - is enough to give anyone a long face.

LostDoggy
30-07-2008, 09:07 PM
H, a and b are my initials.

GetDimmaBack
30-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I have always liked Sunderland, because of your name mainly - Sunderland it sounds fantastic.

Not a wrap for the nickname Black Cats to be honest with you, sorry about that but I prefer Mackems.

The Sunderland crest is great although it isn't all that old. Do you know if they are going to make the entie stadium triple tiered- to complete the job and raise the capacity to over 63,000? I understand that is in the pipeline.

You make not like me mentioning it but I wonder the same with Newcastle's ground- and also Old Trafford- are they planning to make all stands thee same height? St James' Park looks beautiful, but they really need to make that Grandstand go all the way- ditto for Old Trafford and for the Staduim of Light.

Yeah, I'm a Sunderland supoporter too. Have been since 1973, when I won a bit of money on them beating Leeds in The FA Cup. David vs Goliath stuff.

As for my handle, Dimma says he would really like to be back with the Dogs in some capacity, so I thought I'd advertise the fact.

Will have to change my name if he ever does get back!

The Coon Dog
30-07-2008, 09:19 PM
H, a and b are my initials.
Is that you Harry? :D

GetDimmaBack
30-07-2008, 09:27 PM

When did you play in the Alberton League, Joe? And who did you play with?
I was in Yarram for a few years (my kids were born there) and I managed to get to the odd game. Mainly WWW or Yarram matches. There were a couple of genuine coodabeens there - did you ever play with/against the Lynch brothers?

BulldogBelle
30-07-2008, 10:32 PM
James Cuming was one of the most famous club supporters from the early 1900's and I just like to keep a bit of history alive. He is well written up in "Unleashed" and Charlie Lovett's memoirs.

Somebody from this forum emailed me to say that James Cuming was his grandfather and was surprised to see his photo here.

LostDoggy
31-07-2008, 12:05 AM
Not really sure why I chose mine. Maybe the fact that every team I support rarely has any success therefore I end up having a long face. Let's face it following these teams - Footscray, QPR, Newtown, Feyenoord - is enough to give anyone a long face.

That's a bit depressing!

I tried to think of something, using either Scottie's, Kelvin Templeton or Chris Grants name - my three all time favourites.

Madone
31-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Mine dates back into the 80's when I had the cb radio and it was my call sign back then. More used for when a group of us had our own pirate radio station transmitting from home through the 13mhz bandwaves. It has just carried on from there.

ledge
31-07-2008, 01:36 AM
Mine dates back into the 80's when I had the cb radio and it was my call sign back then. More used for when a group of us had our own pirate radio station transmitting from home through the 13mhz bandwaves. It has just carried on from there.

Oh wow , the old CB radio,we had a funny name for girls then when searching, cant recall it though.

Scraggers
31-07-2008, 03:46 AM
I think mine is self explanatory ... back in the late seventies / very early eighties the Footscray team mascot was Scragger the Bulldog ... he used to run out around the ground before the game.

My Dad and myself used to cheer for the team shouting "come on the Scraggers" (not sure if this was just us or if everyone called them the Scraggers back then as I haven't heard the name used in a very long time) ... anyway, since then I have always been 'Scraggers' to family and close friends

Desipura
31-07-2008, 09:19 AM
Think I've mentioned this before on another site, however here goes. Many moons ago, when there was a Western Bulldog chat room, some chatters were talking about the disastrous game we had just played against Port Adelaide. We decided that the Three Stooges could do better and even though we were three females, we took on the nics of Curly5, Larry6 and Mo7. The numbers referred to our favorite players at the time.
I certainly was

Raw Toast
31-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I tried to think of something, using either Scottie's, Kelvin Templeton or Chris Grants name - my three all time favourites.

Good choice! Your's has been my favourite name name for awhile now, brings a smile whenever I see it...

Ozza
31-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Mine was just my Bigfooty nickname that I brought across.
I generally get on Bigfooty for my own league's thread - and Ozza is an obscure nickname of mine that a mate gave me at the footy club.

I didn't use my actual nickname - as it would be too recognisable to blokes from opposition clubs!

LostDoggy
31-07-2008, 02:28 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:9v2ug1eo3b7TaM:http://www.drum-world.com/drumManus/tama_logo.jpg

1eyedog
31-07-2008, 02:43 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:9v2ug1eo3b7TaM:http://www.drum-world.com/drumManus/tama_logo.jpg

thought so, I should have called myself Premier;)

LostDoggy
31-07-2008, 02:59 PM
thought so, I should have called myself Premier;)

Birch Custom?

Sockeye Salmon
31-07-2008, 07:37 PM

Not the chatroom but I certainly remember the old club site forum.

There was this wanker who slagged off the club and the players all the time. He called himself JG and changed his username a few times but always with the intials JG. When our own John Gent joined I thought it was him again.

The Coon Dog
31-07-2008, 07:46 PM

There was this wanker who slagged off the club and the players all the time. He called himself JG and changed his username a few times but always with the intials JG. When our own John Gent joined I thought it was him again.

So, we should be wary of anyone joining using the following players names as a username:
Jim Gallagher, John Georgiades, Jack Gibby, Jeff Geischen, Jamie Grant, Jack Gray, Jim Greenham, Jack Greenwood or Jim Gutterson.

Happy Days
31-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Used to live over in WA, and took a liking to the Peel Thunder, for their similarities to the doggies (not so much in their colours or playing style, etc, but their inability to win :))

Anyway, because of this, Farren's been my favourite player ever since he came over.

1eyedog
31-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Birch Custom?

Birch XPK anniversary gold lug edition, marbled charcoal.

LostDoggy
01-08-2008, 05:32 AM
Jaxson (taken from watching the national draft, just because I thought it was different) is the name of the British Bulldog I bought for my parents in October 1998. He's nearly 10. It's sometimes taken so I add 42 as that was the number the of the house I grew up in.

LostDoggy
01-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Superfan = fan of Stephen Macpherson

The Pie Man
01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
So, we should be wary of anyone joining using the following players names as a username:
Jim Gallagher, John Georgiades, Jack Gibby, Jeff Geischen, Jamie Grant, Jack Gray, Jim Greenham, Jack Greenwood or Jim Gutterson.

Georgiades!

Guys, can anyone tell me if it's possible to change your user name and keep your history? I've got zero clues on this stuff

And I won't change my name to a certain 9 goal on debut hero

Twodogs
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Yuck! I'd forgotten that moron.

LostDoggy
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I support Spurs and wanted a name which was different and not connected with AFL etc. Anyway about 3 years ago Spurs had this guy plying for them called fredi kanoute. I decided his name was different enough so picked that. About 6 months after I chose the name Spurs sold him to Seville and he went on to score a few goals against Spurs in last years UEFA Cup quarters......

That's funny FK, if you liked Spurs you could have gone with any number of local Tottenham boys that had a higher likelihood of sticking around -- in any case, good old freddi (the player, not you) was never likely to hang around was he, the west ham/spurs/sevilla/soon to be middle east I'm sure mercenary that he was...

But I like the nickname. Good choice! :)

LostDoggy
02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Lantern is short for Green Lantern, which most of you would know as a long-time DC comic book character, and later a founding member of the Justice League, along with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Martian Manhunter.

I used this nickname back in the day of Internet Relay Chats (IRC, the forerunner of such things as MSN Messenger and the like -- gosh that seems like a long time ago), and haven't been on any forums or chats in the last decade and a half until WOOF, so I just pulled it out again and it fit, like an old, trusty leather glove.

-

For geeks, I've attached a picture of an old comic book cover featuring both the original Golden Age Green Lantern, Alan Scott (created in 1940 by Martin Nodell), and the more well known Silver Age Green Lantern, Hal Jordan (created in 1959 by John Broome and Gil Kane).

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thumb/1/1c/Green-lantern-40.jpg/260px-Green-lantern-40.jpg

ledge
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
I might be mistaken here but wasnt the Green Lantern made into a tv series because Batman was such a success and it was Bruce Lees first tv appearance as his side kick.
Just for the record the series flopped but the rest is history!

hujsh
02-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Lantern is short for Green Lantern, which most of you would know as a long-time DC comic book character, and later a founding member of the Justice League, along with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Martian Manhunter.

I used this nickname back in the day of Internet Relay Chats (IRC, the forerunner of such things as MSN Messenger and the like -- gosh that seems like a long time ago), and haven't been on any forums or chats in the last decade and a half until WOOF, so I just pulled it out again and it fit, like an old, trusty leather glove.

-

For geeks, I've attached a picture of an old comic book cover featuring both the original Golden Age Green Lantern, Alan Scott (created in 1940 by Martin Nodell), and the more well known Silver Age Green Lantern, Hal Jordan (created in 1959 by John Broome and Gil Kane).

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thumb/1/1c/Green-lantern-40.jpg/260px-Green-lantern-40.jpg

Thought the green lantern was black?

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 01:08 AM
I might be mistaken here but wasnt the Green Lantern made into a tv series because Batman was such a success and it was Bruce Lees first tv appearance as his side kick.

You're thinking about the Green Hornet, I believe. :)

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Thought the green lantern was black?

? Green Lantern was never black

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 01:28 AM

Def talking about the Hornet, Lantern was never made into a t.v show or series

ledge
04-08-2008, 01:33 AM
thats it the green hornet was it?

hujsh
04-08-2008, 04:58 PM
? Green Lantern was never black

Not on TV?

strebla
04-08-2008, 05:42 PM
mine is really boring but it is my given name backwards i always thought if i had i racehorse that could be its name

strebla
04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Mine is for doing utterly stupid things on a football field and cricket field.
People get nicknamed for the actual thing they are not for sarcasms sake, thus i am so far off Legend status that i was called it in one of my stupid moments in a football grand final.
It quickly became Ledge and has stuck since.
Even my number plates have it and its nearly 20 yrs ago now.
For those of you on this site who remember me in primary school, i was glad to lose the nickname "bucky"

sorry ledge agree with munkee you will always be bucky to me aswell mate

The Coon Dog
04-08-2008, 06:10 PM
mine is really boring but it is my given name backwards i always thought if i had i racehorse that could be its name

Sylkrabehttaalberts??????????? :eek: Bloody funny name that one! Did you get teased at school?

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Not on TV?

Maybe on a black and white t.v but there would still be tones of light.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Birch XPK anniversary gold lug edition, marbled charcoal.

F###### Hot....!!

Maybe we can ask the mods to make a dedicated drum forum where us drummers can talk about the finest craft in the world!!

hujsh
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Sylk rabehtta alberts??????????? :eek: Bloody funny name that one! Did you get teased at school?

That's the best i can think of

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 10:56 PM
F###### Hot....!!

Maybe we can ask the mods to make a dedicated drum forum where us drummers can talk about the finest craft in the world!!

I don't want to advertise other forums but its called melband and it's a great medium to discuss all genres of music and the instrument that defines you. There are even one or two doggy supporters there.

LostDoggy
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM

My Alter Ego (John Gent) was definitely not JG

strebla
05-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Sylkrabehttaalberts??????????? :eek: Bloody funny name that one! Did you get teased at school?

lmao good get coon dog obviously my name is Albert and i used to stand at the barkly st end but my name didn't fit properly and as usual i never checked before i hit enter

ledge
05-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh Berti, Berti, Berti, you just cant take the west out of the boy!
So somehow I get this picture that you had silk rabbits!

strebla
06-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Oh Berti, Berti, Berti, you just cant take the west out of the boy!
So somehow I get this picture that you had silk rabbits!

No idea what you are on about ledge but i have a sneaking idea i shall pay greatly for this

ledge
06-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Sylk Rabeht !

strebla
06-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Sylk Rabeht !

Ok i get it maybe there is a message in there that i should dream of a dishlicker instead of a horse?

Before I Die
08-08-2008, 12:24 AM
A somewhat sad and very self explanatory name I am afraid. I wasn't born when we won it in 54, but arrived on this earth not much later. Currently auditioning new usernames for later this year when my current one becomes obsolete.

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 12:48 AM
A somewhat sad and very self explanatory name I am afraid. I wasn't born when we won it in 54, but arrived on this earth not much later. Currently auditioning new usernames for later this year when my current one becomes obsolete.

Keep your username, just change your ambition to 10 premierships before you shuffle off.

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 11:03 PM
If anyone has seen Eddie Murphy's "RAW", you'll know why

The Pie Man
19-04-2009, 11:43 PM

I saw Wil Anderson at the Comedy Theatre Friday night, from what I can remember, here was one of his monologues.

For anyone that doesn't know, I go for a team called the Western Bulldogs, and it's been quite some time since they've won a flag. We're play Hawthorn in the first week of the finals last yea and Lehmo is going on about 'oh it's been 18 years since we won a flag' and I'm saying 18 years? How about 1954? If I was alive then and wanted to watch the replay I would have had to wait 2 years before television was in this country!

He's a scattered unit, was pretty funny

lemmon
19-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Modesty forbids.

Actually I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken:D

Aha so you were wrong about being wrong meaning you are not always right. I demand you change your name :cool:

boydogs
20-04-2009, 12:12 AM
My name is obvious - Griffen has been about my favourite player since a game late in 2005 vs Richmond when he played on Deledio and carved him up. At the time Deledio was the favourite for the rising star above Griffen and did win it, but I could see our Griffen would be the better player and the young Dogs the better side

LostDoggy
20-04-2009, 12:20 AM
I saw Wil Anderson at the Comedy Theatre Friday night, from what I can remember, here was one of his monologues.

For anyone that doesn't know, I go for a team called the Western Bulldogs, and it's been quite some time since they've won a flag. We're play Hawthorn in the first week of the finals last yea and Lehmo is going on about 'oh it's been 18 years since we won a flag' and I'm saying 18 years? How about 1954? If I was alive then and wanted to watch the replay I would have had to wait 2 years before television was in this country!

He's a scattered unit, was pretty funny

I love Wil. He once had a whole page ranting about this in his column in the Sunday Magazine once. I think I might still have it at home somewhere, it was a truthful and good read, i'm sure other Dogs fans would like to read it. If I find it, i'll post it up.

"Even when i'm watching replays of games I know we've won, I still think we'll find a way to lose". Hahah I know that feeling!

The Adelaide Connection
21-04-2009, 12:04 AM

I am a big Wilco fan and think that YHF is a great album, the overrated part only came about from all the hype caused when Sony ordered the band to change their songs, lost a court battle and control of their music when Wilco won that court battle and effectively paid for the album twice (when a smaller label under the Sony wing picked it up).

Wilco have become my white whale, I have held tickets to three of their shows at different times in three different countries and all have been cancelled for various reasons. Bastards.

Oh, sorry I have strayed from the Bulldogs. I would explain my name, but, well... a little obvious.

The Coon Dog
26-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Just saw a newbie join with a great name, 'Mount Mistake'. How FFC is that name?

For some of the newer members here, where did your username come from?

BulldogBelle
26-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Mine is terrible. I was lurking bigfooty for a whole year before I thought to myself, hey, why the hell don't I have an account yet? (probably because you get sick of making an account for everything these days)

But I couldn't think of anything. So I just went with two random letters and a year. And I just transferred it over to here. Was thinking of remaking with one of those ''Griffen2Cooney" names.

GVGjr
26-08-2009, 11:08 PM
But I couldn't think of anything. So I just went with two random letters and a year. And I just transferred it over to here. Was thinking of remaking with one of those ''Griffen2Cooney" names.

Send me a message if you want a name change. It takes just a few minutes.

bornadog
26-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Mine is terrible. I was lurking bigfooty for a whole year before I thought to myself, hey, why the hell don't I have an account yet? (probably because you get sick of making an account for everything these days)

You could change the ST to Stephen Tiller;)

NoParkingOnMatchDays
27-08-2009, 10:05 AM
My user name came from a sign out the front of a house we bought in Seddon. House was nice but the sign was beautiful. Don't tell my wife I wanted to buy the house cause of the connection to the footy ground I don't think she'd get it.

Also I wanted to live there because when the dogs come back to play at the Whitten Oval I will have a locals' parking permit and a guaranteed spot to park.

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I have trouble deciding who my favourite dog is (have been trying to decide on a number for the back of my jumper for ages, my pick changes after every game!), and I'm not so good with clever puns, so I went down the team path with my name...RWB

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I used my shortened name and my favourite Bulldogs players number - Peter Foster of course!! :D

Jasper
27-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Legendary Dogs footy trip to Hawaii in the Mid 80's with Tony Buhagiar amongst others running amok.
Gronna found his way into the cockpit and proceeded to announce the following.

This is Captain Groenewagon speaking......please brace yourselves, WE'RE GOING DOWN!!

Fair to say Al Qaeda has probably prevented this happening any time in the future

The Coon Dog
27-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Legendary Dogs footy trip to Hawaii in the Mid 80's with Tony Buhagiar amongst others running amok.

This is Captain Groenewagon speaking......please brace yourselves, WE'RE GOING DOWN!!

Fair to say Al Qaeda has probably prevented this happening any time in the future

Unfortunately you got the spelling wrong. ;)

With a name like Groenewegen it is easier to get it wrong than it is to get it right.

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Well mine simply comes from creating Seb's site GoDoggies (http://www.GoDoggies.wordpress.com)

When starting the blog Go Dogs was taken so it became Go Doggies.....and it's what we're all thinking after all - right?

** Hey I just noticed I've moved up from a Rookie to a Draftee!! WooHoo :D**

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE=The Coon Dog;108650]Just saw a newbie join with a great name, 'Mount Mistake'. How FFC is that name?

Yeah, what a great Footscray name, Mount Mistake!

Mine is pretty obvious - I have been a fan of the Griff boy since he started, but more particularly since Bubba retired in 2006.

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 12:31 PM

I remember hearing about this - it was quite legendary alright! By the way, with respect to the spelling, I think even though it is wegen, I always called him wagon! ;)

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 01:10 PM
My middle name is Hugh and some of my friends call me Hughy ...the 31 was the number I wore in 1400 games of basketball

LostDoggy
27-08-2009, 01:15 PM
I remember hearing about this - it was quite legendary alright! By the way, with respect to the spelling, I think even though it is wegen, I always called him wagon! ;)

I was in my early years of high school and was so embarrassed that my team got sent home from Honolulu(?) It's pretty funny though!! I think Tony Buhagiar was being wheeled around the airport in a wheelchair by Doug Hawkins? :D

Scraggers
27-08-2009, 04:23 PM
My middle name is Hugh and some of my friends call me Hughy ...the 31 was the number I wore in 1400 games of basketball

You must of played for 700 years :D

gohardorgohome
27-08-2009, 04:44 PM
As a paddock fooy player with limited natural ability i felt that the easiest thing you could do was to read the play have a red hot crack. To me the easiest thing in footy is to put your head over the ball. I find in inexcusable that some talented players refuse to do this..

ledge
27-08-2009, 08:09 PM

I am glad you didnt get your user name from another well known antic of his to do with a team photo, I dont think you can have rude words in your username or anywhere else on this site.

LostDoggy
28-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Easy! my nickname/the team i follow ;)

LostDoggy
28-08-2009, 05:26 PM
nickname of our last century goal kicker

The Coon Dog
24-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Seeing as we have a few newbies, it might be worth bumping this thread.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 02:21 PM
DaDruid is a play on The Druid. Druids were the wise men of their era. They advised the village kings on political matters, had great knowledge in remedies, medicines, nature, the seasons, mathematics, astronomy and religion (which was pagan in principal). The Romans hunted down the Druids when they invaded the British Isles for the Romans recognized that the Druids were the only people who could unite the tribes of Ancient England. With their slaughter (the Druids) the Romans picked off the tribes one at a time but still could not finish off the Celts of Ireland and the Picts of Scotland before the demise of the Roman Empire by the start of the Dark Ages.

LostDoggy
24-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Seeing as we have a few newbies, it might be worth bumping this thread.
Mine is very deep. "Old Bulldog", because I'm old and I barrack for the Bulldogs !

BornInDroopSt'54
24-03-2010, 03:24 PM
I barracked fro the Magpies until I was four and realised I lived in Droop St Footscray and that that was the town of Footscray the footy team.

Greystache
24-03-2010, 05:27 PM
A random episode of the Simpson's where Homer and Lisa were reading a book very similar to Harry Potter, Greystache was basically Homer dressed up to look like Dumbledore (ie my avatar). The episode won me over in the final scene where Homer was at Moe's bar crying into his beer over the death of Greystache, and he sobbed "No man should have to outlive his fictional wizard"

EasternWest
24-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Mine is a stupid name. Not the DFA part, but the PM part. I was pressed for time and don't work well under pressure. How could I possibly want Dylan to be PM? I don't even know what his political beliefs are. I could vote him in blindly only to discover that he's one of those damned lefties that thinks independent thoughts. They scare me.

The Coon Dog
24-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I could vote him in blindly only to discover that he's one of those damned lefties that thinks independent thoughts.

Sounds just like Bob Murphy or FDOTM. :cool:

EasternWest
24-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Sounds just like Bob Murphy or FDOTM. :cool:

Now Comrade, there's a username I like. I bet he has a short back and sides. To quote Abe Simpson, "a haircut you could set your watch to".

Hotdog60
24-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I got my nickname at the first job I had, I was a very passionate Doggies supporter and it was given to me from a Melbourne supporter and it stuck. The rest is my year of birth.

choconmientay
25-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Send me a message if you want a name change. It takes just a few minutes.

My user name is translated to puppyofthewest but if we win the GF this year, I will need to change my nick name as the 'puppy is then growing up'

LostDoggy
25-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Mine had to be modified - I have always used the name phantomcat - ( had a cat called phantom after the cartoon kind ) anyway - I couldn't be a cat when I am a passionate Dog - so we became the Phantomdog !!!!!

LostDoggy
07-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I like comedy in all forms but growing up I always liked watching the shows that typically achieved their best gags through double entendres'.

Allo Allo was of course at the pinnacle, but they all used it, M.A.S.H, Get Smart, George and Mildrid, Are you Being Served.

I could go on and on forever, in fact most shows even today use it but unfortunately the art is a lot more in your face and leaves a lot less to the imagination. Case in point - Two and Half Men.

Anyway don't feel bad if my user name conjures up images in your mind, its meant too, however I assure you I do wear nice clothes:p

AndrewP6
07-01-2011, 10:47 PM
I like comedy in all forms but growing up I always liked watching the shows that typically achieved their best gags through double entendres'.

Allo Allo was of course at the pinnacle, but they all used it, M.A.S.H, Get Smart, George and Mildrid, Are you Being Served.

I could go on and on forever, in fact most shows even today use it but unfortunately the art is a lot more in your face and leaves a lot less to the imagination. Case in point - Two and Half Men.

Anyway don't feel bad if my user name conjures up images in your mind, its meant too, however I assure you I do wear nice clothes:p

Two of my favourites... along with Man About the House, Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language...

LostDoggy
07-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Favourite player is Dale Morris, also known as 'The Glove' and wears number 38 :)

immortalmike
08-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Mine is a play on a bad nickname/tag I used to have in highschool. My gimmick in highschool (everyone in highschool needs a gimmick) was that I was the big guy who felt no pain hence the "immortal". Since then it has sort of just stuck throughout my uni days and so on, unfortunately the toughness of youth has not ;). Oh dear, reading that back I think I'm washed up at 26 :(.

KT31
08-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Two of my favourites... along with Man About the House, Love Thy Neighbour and Mind Your Language...

With todays over correctiveness I never thought they would be aloud to show Love Thy Neighbor on TV again.
But the other night Seven Mate had a episode on.
Still brilliant.

Sockeye Salmon
08-01-2011, 11:33 AM
With todays over correctiveness I never thought they would be aloud to show Love Thy Neighbor on TV again.
Still brilliant.

If Eddie was the ultimate racist, why does he spend most of his life in the pub getting pissed with Bill?

AndrewP6
08-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Still brilliant.

It's great...I have it on DVD, it gets repeated viewings...

Desipura
08-01-2011, 03:37 PM

Love thy neighbor was my favourite. So politically incorrect, they could not show it these days. I bought mum 3 series of mind your language last year.

KT31
08-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Love thy neighbor was my favourite. So politically incorrect, they could not show it these days. I bought mum 3 series of mind your language last year.

7Mate

Tionight and tommorow night.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/search/Love+Thy+Neighbour/

Desipura
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
7Mate

Tionight and tommorow night.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tvxguide/search/Love+Thy+Neighbour/ (http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/search/Love+Thy+Neighbour/)

Sorry missed the post, will be sure to watch it. Back on topic, desipura was a name of a horse about 20 years ago on 3uz with kevin Bartlett (was trying to listen in for some footy talk) should be spelt dessipuera, spelt backwards are u pissed. I do not know why I chose it as I do not even gamble on the horses and have zero interest in them. I guess I was young and immature and thought it was quiet interesting that the name had gone through. I would like to change it, I'm not sure what to though.

cnmin2
09-01-2011, 02:27 PM
My name came from the fact that as an almost nine year old I was lucky enough to go to the 1954 grandfinal.Unfortunatly the thing I remember most about the game was the fact that I wached it sitting on the ground between the fence and boundry line.In1961 I watched Brendan Edwards win it for the hawks from the Northern stand.Well I was in the stand he was everywhere on the ground it seemed.Hence cnmin2 am now waiting to change to cnmin3+++.

LostDoggy
10-01-2011, 02:03 AM

I wish you hadn't reminded me of that. I too am a big Spurs fan.

My username comes from my early childhood and nothing football related. My paternal grandfather was a member of the Druid's Society and sometimes would have fellow members over for informal get-togethers. When this happened, everyone else would have to make themselves scarce. My Nan would chastise my brother and I for dawdling as we got ready to leave by saying, "Hurry now, the Druids will be here any moment!". I would look at her and exclaim in reply, "Da' Druids?!!" with a mixture of awe and amazement whilst suddenly finding another yard of pace. Hard to believe, but I actually had a speech impediment until my teens.

w3design
12-01-2011, 07:04 PM
My username is my real life nickname. Which is of course just a shortening of my given name. Therefore, Angus becomes Gus.

I was Tillerific, which was just a bloody awful play on words.