PDA

View Full Version : Three very, very lucky players right now...

bulldogtragic
12-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Pearce, Austin and Redpath must be hoping like hell all the focus is not cutting the list beyond the 10 picks we might already have. With no other tall defender on the radar, I think Austin gets promoted. He's not good enough to make it in my eyes, but we have no one else.

Redpath probably in the same boat if Jones gets out. We can't through a McCartin or Wright in from round one. I have more faith in Austin, but i'm not sure 10 picks and 5 rookie picks is going to be something JMac wants.

Pearce. Again, no faith, but pick 100 or Pearce for one more year.

I'm not what we amateur list managers here on WOOF do, but we may have to keep some cloggers on for another year.

LostDoggy
12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Was thinking this as well, completely agree they will be the beneficiaries in all this turmoil. Along with our current list who must be looking at some decent pay rises, so we can meet our minimum SC obligations.

bornadog
12-10-2014, 05:28 PM
I can live with Pearce staying as he still only 20, not ideal but we have had alot of changes. Redpath I can live with, has shown potential and I like his attitude, but Austin - please he is just not up to it. Tries hard, but lacks skill at AFL level.

Maddog37
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Gotta play Talia and Roberts before Austin IMHO.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I can live with Pearce staying as he still only 20, not ideal but we have had alot of changes. Redpath I can live with, has shown potential and I like his attitude, but Austin - please he is just not up to it. Tries hard, but lacks skill at AFL level.

I agree 100% on your assessment of Austin. What do we do, Roughy is looking less and less able to play KPD. Talia FB and Roberts CHB? No depth? It's a dire circumstance and not even a stupid money offer could get Lonergan. I'm not suggesting like it, rather we are running out of options with less than 5 days of trade weeks left. I don't want to see him given a contract, but it's an indictment on whomever that we might just have to???

azabob
12-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Should we try and get Sam Frost as part of the Griffen trade?

bornadog
12-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Should we try and get Sam Frost as part of the Griffen trade?

Why not, we need to try something. Or we just throw our guys into the deep end.

G-Mo77
12-10-2014, 08:56 PM
Could we reverse the paperwork for Goodes, Young and Howard?

Greenwood?

Seriously I think Redpath is safe after what has happened.

I'm relying on Roberts and Talia next year, time for Austin to make way.

Bumper Bulldogs
12-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Redpath is a lock for me, He reminds me of a young Minson and worth a spot but needs to earn the right to get a contract extension after two years.

Not fussed ether way on the others, but for christ sake get some long stops for Austin

F'scary
12-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Hang on a sec, why has everyone gone bullish on retaining list cloggers and promoting dud rookies? We are taking a hit on our stocks of senior players but getting a once in a generation chance to refresh the list.

With a few assumptions, off: Gia, Williams, Howard, Young, Goodes, Higgins, Griffen, at least one of Cooney/Jones/Tutt. Basically, assume 8 at the moment.

With a few assumptions including pick 50ish - call it 50 for Cooney/Jones/Tutt, we have picks 4 (Griffen deal), 6, 26, 27, 45, 50ish, 64, 82

On: Jong (rookie promotion, 82), Z Cordy (64), one young GWS KPF (Griffen deal) effectively spending pick 50.

Therefore, we (assuming Griffen deal) have 4, 6, 26, 27, 45 available.

There is no way any of our rookies are worth pick 45 for promotion. There is a good argument for culling one more to make use of pick 50. Pearce for example has not been able to get a senior game in 2 years.

bulldogtragic
12-10-2014, 10:44 PM
Hang on a sec, why has everyone gone bullish on retaining list cloggers and promoting dud rookies? We are taking a hit on our stocks of senior players but getting a once in a generation chance to refresh the list.

With a few assumptions, off: Gia, Williams, Howard, Young, Goodes, Higgins, Griffen, at least one of Cooney/Jones/Tutt. Basically, assume 8 at the moment.

With a few assumptions including pick 50ish - call it 50 for Cooney/Jones/Tutt, we have picks 4 (Griffen deal), 6, 26, 27, 45, 50ish, 64, 82

On: Jong (rookie promotion, 82), Z Cordy (64), one young GWS KPF (Griffen deal) effectively spending pick 50.

Therefore, we (assuming Griffen deal) have 4, 6, 26, 27, 45 available.

There is no way any of our rookies are worth pick 45 for promotion. There is a good argument for culling one more to make use of pick 50. Pearce for example has not been able to get a senior game in 2 years.

Cooney, Jones & Tutt all should go. So it's more like 80. I'd move Pearce, but it's pick 90 or keep him one more year. I can see the club keeping him. Austin could be cover. Redpath isn't an afl player. But who knows what the club will do, it's more that these are the arguments that could be rolled out. Moreover, they're all luckier than some.

F'scary
12-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Cooney, Jones & Tutt all should go. So it's more like 80. I'd move Pearce, but it's pick 90 or keep him one more year. I can see the club keeping him. Austin could be cover. Redpath isn't an afl player. But who knows what the club will do, it's more that these are the arguments that could be rolled out. Moreover, they're all luckier than some.

Well, if all three go, we could have room for 1 more rookie promotion. I'd go Austin based on the fact he got a number of games this year. Agree on Redpath.

Under that scenario, I take your point about Pearce. He's worth more than pick 100.

Twodogs
12-10-2014, 10:57 PM
It could also mean the opposite for them. If we get multiple draft picks or a player for Griff then it's one player off and multiple players on. Someone on the list now is going to have to make way. One of those three is the obvious candidate.