PDA

View Full Version : Stuff Off St Kilda

bulldogtragic
13-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Saints trying to get Boyd by offering Pick 1 to GWS. Just stuff off already, if you wanted him enough you would have offered we what did, when we did. You didn't. Stuff off. :p:mad::confused::mad::p:p:)

There endeth the rant.

Bulldog4life
13-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Agree. If anything they need on-ballers.

ratsmac
13-10-2014, 08:59 PM
I really don't need another reason to hate these pricks

Greystache
13-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Why would GWS want to trade a number 1 draft pick key forward for another number 1 draft pick a year later?

Plus Boyd can declare he won't go anywhere but us and kill off any other club's offers given he is contracted.

azabob
13-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Actually I'd be happy with Saints trading Boyd for pick one.

Dogs trade Griffen for pick one.

Dogs have pick one and six.

FrediKanoute
13-10-2014, 09:52 PM
My guess is:

a) GWS have asked them to make a play; and
b) The Saints are figuring from a fans appeasement perspective they have to be seen to be making a play.

Its not just the picks - the Saints will need to stump up a deal $$$$ wise which meets Boyd's requirements. They like us will have cap space. If Boyd ends up at the Saints we will still win as we will probably get Wright or McCartin with pick 4.

LostDoggy
13-10-2014, 10:19 PM
I actually like the idea of #16 not getting to GWS, killing his career and meaning GWS never get that marquee player because anyone else would be insane to deal with them after that. That's worth #16's loss, to see them get royally rooted.

Twodogs
13-10-2014, 11:25 PM
I actually like the idea of #16 not getting to GWS, killing his career and meaning GWS never get that marquee player because anyone else would be insane to deal with them after that. That's worth #16's loss, to see them get royally rooted.

I'd rather we got Boyd myself. No point in cutting off our nose to spite GWS's face.

Happy Days
14-10-2014, 12:35 AM

I'm mad at him too, but van damn that's cold.

It's also really petty and probably ensures no one would deal with us either.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 01:04 AM
I'd rather we got Boyd myself. No point in cutting off our nose to spite GWS's face.

I'm mad at him too, but van damn that's cold.

It's also really petty and probably ensures no one would deal with us either.

I know guys. I'm just really bloody angry at the bastard/s.

chef
14-10-2014, 07:11 AM

We can just stare the Giants down all week, do the swap or Griffens off the table.

If they don't fold he can hang around for another season and when he leaves we still get FA compo, plus with the contract Boyd's got offered to him he'll walk to us in the PSD and Giants will get skint for him.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Why would GWS want to trade a number 1 draft pick key forward for another number 1 draft pick a year later?

Plus Boyd can declare he won't go anywhere but us and kill off any other club's offers given he is contracted.

Exactly, they have the pick of the bunch with the two big forwards in MCartin and Wright.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 10:07 AM

I think this has nailed it. They trade Boyd for pick 1 and they're right back where they started. They would need someone like a Jack Steven. Probably the only player on the Saints list that meets GWSs' requirements of position/age/experience & talent.

Guido
14-10-2014, 01:39 PM
If they don't fold he can hang around for another season and when he leaves we still get FA compo
Depending on the contract size and given it would be for a 29 year old, that might only be an end of first round pick.

Assuming at least pick 4 + something else is on the table for Griffen, electing to not trade him would be one of the dumbest decisions in the club's history.

Topdog
14-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Agree Guido but pick 4 is a must (if no Boyd)

Guido
14-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Agree Guido but pick 4 is a must (if no Boyd)
Assuming no Boyd, I'd still be angling for 4 and 7 :)

But yep, 4 and something/someone else is absolute bare minimum, and I don't think there's much chance of us not being offered it. I also would also try to work some under performing but high potential 19-20 year olds in to the deal, you never know if GWS might do a Freo and let the likes of Peter Bell/Jeff Farmer go from under their noses.

chef
14-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Depending on the contract size and given it would be for a 29 year old, that might only be an end of first round pick.

Assuming at least pick 4 + something else is on the table for Griffen, electing to not trade him would be one of the dumbest decisions in the club's history.

I wasn't assuming we'd get pick 4 and something else. I can see them low balling us with a take it or leave it offer.

It seems we've kicked the hornets nest.

Rolling over would be just as dumb.

Flamethrower
14-10-2014, 08:31 PM
According to Liam Pickering (Boyd's agent), Tom has been keen to return to Victoria all year. He looked at all Victorian clubs and his preference is to play at the Doggies (another Bontempelli fan!). Going into this year's trade period they saw no possible way for that to happen for the 2015 season, so intended to play out his contract and leave for Whitten Oval for the 2016 season. Then the Ryan Griffen's bombshell happened, and suddenly an opportunity for a move to the Dogs in 2015 presented itself.

Having heard that I would tell the other 17 teams not to bother contacting Tom or Pickers....Tom Boyd will be wearing the Tricolours in 2016, and maybe even in 2015!!!

comrade
14-10-2014, 08:41 PM
According to Liam Pickering (Boyd's agent), Tom has been keen to return to Victoria all year. He looked at all Victorian clubs and his preference is to play at the Doggies (another Bontempelli fan!). Going into this year's trade period they saw no possible way for that to happen for the 2015 season, so intended to play out his contract and leave for Whitten Oval for the 2016 season. Then the Ryan Griffen's bombshell happened, and suddenly an opportunity for a move to the Dogs in 2015 presented itself.

Having heard that I would tell the other 17 teams not to bother contacting Tom or Pickers....Tom Boyd will be wearing the Tricolours in 2016, and maybe even in 2015!!!

I'll believe it when I see it.

He's a kid. Kids change their minds. All it will take is for him to have a big year and the Giants to win some games and he'll have the warm and fuzzies.

We'll be like the good friend who really wanted to take it to the next level with his dream girl, but she decides to stay with the cashed up douche with the flashy car.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

He's a kid. Kids change their minds. All it will take is for him to have a big year and the Giants to win some games and he'll have the warm and fuzzies.

We'll be like the good friend who really wanted to take it to the next level with his dream girl, but she decides to stay with the cashed up douche with the flashy car.

But we're offering Boyd the chance to be the cashed up douche and we can be the fawning girl.