PDA

View Full Version : Trade Period Checklist

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Just thought I would list some of the deals and things to be completed before the trade period finishes.

- Griffen for Boyd deal on the table. GWS saying an emphatic no
- Griffen for pick 4 and a player. Could be considered
- Cooney has the interest of two clubs, North and Essendon. Maybe the Hawks. We are prepared to pay some of his salary
- Jones wanting to leave us with North and maybe Carlton interested. A chance to stay with us.
- Tutt wanting to leave with Carlton interested. This might not amount to much

Players we might have some interest in
Matt Dea - This wouldn't do much for us
Ryan Shoenmakers - We could have some interest

If there are any other names being speculated, add them to the thread.

stefoid
14-10-2014, 10:25 AM
We need to turn Jones, Tutt and Coons into two 2nd rounders, possibly by burning one of our 3rds.

Coons + $$$$ = Dons 2nd << is this fanciful?
Jones + Tutt + our 3rd = Blues 2nd

soupman
14-10-2014, 10:33 AM
We need to turn Jones, Tutt and Coons into two 2nd rounders, possibly by burning one of our 3rds.

No chance. They're arseholes to trade with to start with, and they will be very keen to keep the one decent pick they have and know Cooney isn't worth much.

At best we could upgrade 26 to 20.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Essendon don't have a 2nd round pick.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Essendon don't have a 2nd round pick.

I don't know Cooney's situation, but sounding like we are better off to keep him.

Scraggers
14-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Shoenmakers apparently going to Freo.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 11:18 AM
I don't know Cooney's situation, but sounding like we are better off to keep him.

I wouldn't have thought so. He just needed to show some leadership and didn't when needed.
I'd package Cooney, part of his salary and pick 27 for Essendon's pick 20

With Moore and Heeney already committed to the pick 20 real value is closer to 18.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 11:22 AM
I think they'll baulk at that. Dodo and co will think P20 is too high, and i think they may have a point, even with getting P27 back. Shame their next pick is 53 as i think the common ground is in the middle.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I think they'll baulk at that. Dodo and co will think P20 is too high, and i think they may have a point, even with getting P27 back. Shame their next pick is 53 as i think the common ground is in the middle.

They get a fair bit in that offer. A player capable of playing very good football and assistance on his salary. They also get a competitive pick. They probably won't come at it but it's a good offer.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 11:58 AM
I wouldn't have thought so. He just needed to show some leadership and didn't when needed.
I'd package Cooney, part of his salary and pick 27 for Essendon's pick 20

With Moore and Heeney already committed to the pick 20 real value is closer to 18.

I can't believe he has been that bad we are prepared to pay part of his salary to get rid of him?

As for showing some leadership well fair enough, there are a few that needed to show it and didn't but I'd imagine he has
been told we are most likely not going to renew his contract at the end of next year. If he plays it out at the club he loves he risks
not being picked up elsewhere and is retired at 30 or he puts the feelers out and gets another two years at another club. He doesn't want
to be elsewhere but another year on a list puts another 250k in his bank and if I was faced with that decision thinking of my family well they have to come first.

He hasn't walked out he has only said if you can get a trade I will go, if not he is happy to stay and play it out. He has always said he loves the club and wants to finish up here, just not at 30. It will kill me to see him put another jumper on but thinking my way is the only way I understand.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 12:05 PM
I can't believe he has been that bad we are prepared to pay part of his salary to get rid of him?

It's a huge call by the club and an emphatic message given that we are happy to part pay someone else for him to play against us.
He might end up staying because he has a contract but it wasn't so long ago that Eade wanted him as the captain of the club and now we appear to be content to see a champion player go elsewhere.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 12:07 PM
It's a huge call by the club and an emphatic message given that we are happy to part pay someone else for him to play against us.
He might end up staying because he has a contract but it wasn't so long ago that Eade wanted him as the captain of the club and now we appear to be content to see a champion player go elsewhere.

Number one draft pick and Brownlow medalist.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 12:08 PM
By the way the offers for him that have been thrown up are disgusting but expected and paying another club to take him off our hands is a seriously sad way to say thanks to a brownlow medalist. Doing that and getting squat in return is a poor message sent to the rest of the list, that doesn't sit well in my guts. Especially with higgins gone we should be keeping him.

whythelongface
14-10-2014, 12:14 PM

It really is a sad situation but remember it is probable that it is both parties whom are in agreement of the trade.

I would rather keep him as well but if wishes to ply his trade elsewhere then it is best for both parties that he seeks greener pastures and we try and get whatever possible for him. Unfortunately he holds little market value.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 12:19 PM

From the very start of Trade Week he has been linked with someone else and the calls from mates have been relentless, seeing him in a bombers jumper makes me ill but my response to the calls have been he is still not done and day by day we get closer to the end. Long live the king!

Obviously I have a little bit of a biased view towards him ;)

Scorlibo
14-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I would also be in favour of keeping Cooney if at all possible. If we're going to be paying for another club to have him and receiving a miserly 7 pick upgrade in return, it's just not worth it.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I would also be in favour of keeping Cooney if at all possible. If we're going to be paying for another club to have him and receiving a miserly 7 pick upgrade in return, it's just not worth it.

as long as he is committed to us.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I would be saying to him, if you want another year at the end of next this is what we want from you in regards to performance meet them and we will gladly renew. If he wants it enough we get a good year which goes some way of covering for griffen. No brainer what we should do. Bloody hell.

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Rooner, what's your opinion on Adam Cooney?

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 12:40 PM
By the way the offers for him that have been thrown up are disgusting but expected and paying another club to take him off our hands is a seriously sad way to say thanks to a brownlow medalist. Doing that and getting squat in return is a poor message sent to the rest of the list, that doesn't sit well in my guts. Especially with higgins gone we should be keeping him.

It has to be both ways though. He was a champion player but has he given his all?
I'd also ask what sort of message does keeping a player who doesn't want to be there just because we couldn't find a deal give the rest of the list?
He might stay but it's only because he has a contract. The best thing for him is to go to a good side now.

We all want to remember him for the player he was and not remember him as going through the motions in 2015. If he could convince me he wanted to be here next season then great but he has rocked up to medical tests at two clubs. That reads to me he wants out.

westdog54
14-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Number one draft pick and Brownlow medalist.

It might seem simplistic, but that was then and this is now. Our decisions need to be based on what we want to happen tomorrow.

as long as he is committed to us.

That's the big 'un, isn't it? How do we measure how committed he will be to the cause for the next 12 months? Only Adam can answer that and how deeply do we trust his answer?

Bulldog Joe
14-10-2014, 01:58 PM
It might seem simplistic, but that was then and this is now. Our decisions need to be based on what we want to happen tomorrow.

That's the big 'un, isn't it? How do we measure how committed he will be to the cause for the next 12 months? Only Adam can answer that and how deeply do we trust his answer?

How deeply would HE trust his answer

stefoid
14-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Im just at the stage where, by accident or design we are going down a certain path, so why go for half measures at this stage?

Maddog37
14-10-2014, 02:33 PM
The Cooney situation is simply a reflection of the broader league. If we were a good team he would be cream on top but in a weak team he us a defensive liability.

A bit of a shame but no different to Acker or BBB Hall.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 02:41 PM
North Melbourne are offering Pick 36 to the Western Bulldogs for Adam Cooney according to Brett Anderson from Inside Footy.
The Western Bulldogs would pay a portion of his salary in 2015.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 02:46 PM
North Melbourne are offering Pick 36 to the Western Bulldogs for Adam Cooney according to Brett Anderson from Inside Footy.

Great deal for both parties.

Remi Moses
14-10-2014, 02:48 PM

Why on earth would you keep him?
He won a brownlow in 2008

Remi Moses
14-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Great deal for both parties.

Yep . Where do we sign

stefoid
14-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Thats three 2nd rounders.

Now for Carltons....

These are the picks where Simon D will earn his salary.

The Bulldogs Bite
14-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Excellent deal for both IMO.

Scorlibo
14-10-2014, 02:59 PM

That's more equitable.

Twodogs
14-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Good deal for each of us given our respective circumstances.

Whose cap do our part payments go into? Anyone know?

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Good deal for each of us given our respective circumstances.

Whose cap do our part payments go into? Anyone know?

It would be the team that pays that % of the salary, otherwise the receiving team would be in breach of the salary cap (should all payments add to more than the TTP) i'd imagine.

Twodogs
14-10-2014, 04:25 PM
It would be the team that pays that % of the salary, otherwise the receiving team would be in breach of the salary cap (should all payments add to more than the TTP) i'd imagine.

I thought so. It wouldn't make sense the other way around. Why isn't that a salary cap breach? It's effectively selling off some of our salary cap space to North Melbourne.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Okay, what do we do with Jones? Work harder to keep him or work harder to move him?

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Has Cooney played his last game for us? Is Pick 36 from North a reasonable outcome?

Bulldog Revolution
14-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Jones will end up at Carlton for 43 I'd suspect

We will use 43 for something else

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Jones will end up at Carlton for 43 I'd suspect
We will use 43 for something else

I still hope we can talk Jones into staying but....
If he were to leave we could package up a number of picks for a player deal or to move up the draft order.
If we have picks 26, 27, 36, 43 and 45 it could be very tempting to come sides.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Has Cooney played his last game for us? Is Pick 36 from North a reasonable outcome?

Very good outcome. I'm open to a frenzy on him as he's been linked to a few clubs.

Jones for 43 would be very disappointing.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Very good outcome. I'm open to a frenzy on him as he's been linked to a few clubs.

Jones for 43 would be very disappointing.

How would pick 36 or 43 for Schoenmakers go though?

The Bulldogs Bite
14-10-2014, 04:47 PM

I would do it and play Shooey forward.

Are there any substantiated rumours we're into him though?

westdog54
14-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Take it and run. That's almost too good to be true.

Possibly slight overs but TBH I'm warming to the prospect.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 04:49 PM

Not that I am aware of but I understand that he would prefer to stay in Melbourne and we have enough picks to satisfy the Hawks

bulldogtragic
14-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Jones for Schoe. is essence would be a fair swap. Both very talented kids, neither reached their potential. He's probably best 22 if traded to us.

Remi Moses
14-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Blimey Schoenmakers would want to improve on this years form.

always right
14-10-2014, 05:40 PM
As a club we need a "No pony tail" policy.

whythelongface
14-10-2014, 05:42 PM

Didn't he kick 4 goals in a game this year?? or was that last year?

LostDoggy
14-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Didn't he kick 4 goals in a game this year?? or was that last year?

Saints R4 this year. Although Markovic once kicked 3 in a game iirc.

I'm in the get RS for a reasonable pick category though.

bornadog
14-10-2014, 05:47 PM

True but coming off an ACL needs at least another year to get some form.

Bulldog Revolution
14-10-2014, 05:49 PM

I cannot hope strongly enough we arent into him - I thought Shooey to Freo was gathering momentum

I think we will be looking for another fringe player other than Shooey

whythelongface
14-10-2014, 05:50 PM

Agree. Not a good look.

Did you know that Schoenmakers name translated (in Dutch) is Shoe Makers and his name is pronounced very differently to how commentators say it (hard to explain but need to use a real gutteral sound for the Sch; and the oe is like un; and the makers is like markers so it is Schunmarkers phoenetically).

Bulldog4life
14-10-2014, 06:08 PM

Yes we can't have one pony tail in the team. Now a team full of pony tails that's a different story.

Twodogs
14-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Okay, what do we do with Jones? Work harder to keep him or work harder to move him?

Work harder to keep him. If we get Boyd all the better but Jones is a young key forward who has improved each year except last. Still finished the year off strongly, playing well in the twos. He really put in despite being left in the reserves. Hopefully one benefit of the coaching change will be Liam returning to the club. I want him to stay.

Twodogs
14-10-2014, 07:00 PM

Yep. That's the right price.

Eastdog
14-10-2014, 07:09 PM
Work harder to keep him. If we get Boyd all the better but Jones is a young key forward who has improved each year except last. Still finished the year off strongly, playing well in the twos. He really put in despite being left in the reserves. Hopefully one benefit of the coaching change will be Liam returning to the club. I want him to stay.

Jones while very good at VFL level just can't produce consistently enough at AFL level. It's a tough one do we keep him and who knows he may come good or not or get rid off him so he comes good at another team which would be very frustrating to watch. Would you describe Jones as a lazy kind of player or is that a bit unfair.

FrediKanoute
14-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I think, for pick 43, we lose nothing by holding on to Jones if he comes back to us.

One further year, as a tall he will still have some currency if he is not in our best 22.

GVGjr
14-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I think, for pick 43, we lose nothing by holding on to Jones if he comes back to us.

One further year, as a tall he will still have some currency if he is not in our best 22.

His contract is over though. He has to sign with us or enter the preseason draft

boydogs
14-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Macca out & Boyd in might get Jones over the line

Bulldog Joe
14-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Macca out & Boyd in might get Jones over the line

I don't understand why we would want to keep Jones. He has a game that is not suited to AFL. He is purely a marking player and only when he has everything on his terms.

We need players who are adaptable unless they can be commanding. Jones is neither.

Sedat
15-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Shoey is an ordinary one-on-one defender. He was pre knee reco and he certainly is now - his VFL GF performance was horrible. I would personally avoid.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 01:48 AM

Penny dropped, get fit or die wondering?

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 02:09 AM

In their off season, that photo makes me want both of them to stay!

Also makes me want to leave my girlfriend and marry that Liz Watto!!!

Bulldog Joe
15-10-2014, 07:43 AM

Interesting.

The problem with Jones is endurance, but that photo indicates strength work. He needs to be doing some long runs and repeat sprints (and he may be) to address his physical shortcomings.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Jay Clarke is reporting the following, Dogs ask Blues for pick 28 for Jones, Tutt and 45

I think the Blues want these boys for nothing. Hopefully Jones sees that if they don't want to offer something decent for him then he is very much a depth player for them.

Our interest in Biggs is a positive. Lets hope we can get that deal done.

So with a bit of speculation we could be going into the draft with picks 4 (Griffen), 6, 26, 27 (Higgins), 28 (Jones and Tutt), 37 (Cooney) with picks 64 (Cordy), 82 (Jong) and maybe 100 (Redpath)
On top of that we have interest in Biggs and Harper and we should get a player from GWS for Griffen.

Any other names being talked about?

bornadog
15-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Jay Clarke is reporting the following, Dogs ask Blues for pick 28 for Jones, Tutt and 45

I think the Blues want these boys for nothing. Hopefully Jones sees that if they don't want to offer something decent for him then he is very much a depth player for them.

Our interest in Biggs is a positive. Lets hope we can get that deal done.

So with a bit of speculation we could be going into the draft with picks 4 (Griffen), 6, 26, 27 (Higgins), 28 (Jones and Tutt), 37 (Cooney) with picks 64 (Cordy), 82 (Jong) and maybe 100 (Redpath)
On top of that we have interest in Biggs and Harper and we should get a player from GWS for Griffen.

Any other names being talked about?

I wonder if Jones said I want to stay but we said too bad you made your bed now lie in it.

Webby
15-10-2014, 11:33 AM
I wonder if Jones said I want to stay but we said too bad you made your bed now lie in it.

I just hate that Jones's name is front and centre on my FFC 2014 VFL Premiers stubby holder. Has kind of sullied it for me already!

Bulldog4life
15-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Thinking the same thing.

stefoid
15-10-2014, 02:09 PM

That Jones on the left? Not liking the new hair do.

westdog54
15-10-2014, 02:15 PM

He'd have to do a lot of convincing for us to take him back. I dare say whatever contract offer we had for him is now off the table and he'd have to start all over again.

bornadog
15-10-2014, 04:24 PM
J
Matt Dea - This wouldn't do much for us

He has re-signed with Richmond

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 04:26 PM
He has re-signed with Richmond

So it comes down to Biggs and if we can get a player in the mix for Griffen.
With all our picks I'd be surprised if we don't make a late charge at someone with a bit of a name.

stefoid
15-10-2014, 05:27 PM
we spent two players on Boyd.

We now need more draft picks or delisted free-agents than ever.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Yep, does fighting for Jones now seem less likely? If we could get pick 28 from Carlton for he and Tutt we still have a good draft position.

bulldogtragic
15-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Biggest trade on the history of the club. Done.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Biggest trade on the history of the club. Done.

Should we lock in this day as International Tom Boyd day?

Greystache
15-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Yep, does fighting for Jones now seem less likely? If we could get pick 28 from Carlton for he and Tutt we still have a good draft position.

Jones might be fighting to get back to us now.

Bulldog Revolution
15-10-2014, 05:57 PM

He is a man of vision

We are a club of vision

We belong together and now we will have 7 years together

The Bulldogs Bite
15-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Absolutely! :D

always right
15-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I suspect this is typical of a bulldogs supporter.......but I'm a little concerned as to what might happen after Tom's seventh year.

Twodogs
15-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I suspect this is typical of a bulldogs supporter.......but I'm a little concerned as to what might happen after Tom's seventh year.

He'll have to make space in his trophy cabinet for his sixth Coleman and fourth Premiership meadal.

Twodogs
15-10-2014, 06:33 PM

I hope the changes to our club convinces Liam to stay. With the focus of expectation of being the only tall forward gone maybe now he can thrive. He'd be a great sidekick to Boyd.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 06:35 PM
I hope the changes to our club convinces Liam to stay. With the focus of expectation of being the only tall forward gone maybe now he can thrive. He'd be a great sidekick to Boyd.

Carlton are saying they have committed to Jones and Tutt but are a fair way apart with us on getting a deal done. Apparently we might have been busy with something else ;)

Bulldog Revolution
15-10-2014, 06:38 PM

AW - time to pour a glass and just decide the glass is half full from now on!

Greystache
15-10-2014, 07:34 PM

There's talk of Roughy playing forward next year, Jones might be surplus to requirements.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 07:36 PM
There's talk of Roughy playing forward next year, Jones might be surplus to requirements.

We need to get a key defender if we are to do that.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 10:43 PM
Rooner, what's your opinion on Adam Cooney?

Adam Cooney was an absolute superstar at his best it was cruely taken away from him and us but he truely could've been anything.

He now is very much a serviceable player who performs his role and easily makes our best 22. His stats are still high picks up his 20-25 touches his tackling has improved. He still can still split a pack and when given space loves to kick a goal. He is a risk to opposition coaches if they don't put a player on him so in my book should be in our jumper and retire in it a champion of the western bulldogs.

In the review he was obviously told at the end of next year we most likely wont be renewing it effectively retiring him at 30. He has a young family to think of and no doubt sees himself capable of playing another two or three years. So do the math he is denying his family 250-500k if he stays loyal to us I know it will be with a heavy heart for him to leave but you can't deny the bloke for looking after his family. He's not chasing a flag or big crowds he is just being a good provider and if he goes it will be a very sad day for me. First Cameron and now Cooney.

I would love to see him stay he didn't get on with Macca from the start, now we will have a new coach it might rejuvenate him and who knows.

But everyday he has survived there is only a few more hours and I will not sleep all the fingers and toes will be crossed.

Long Live The King.

Dry Rot
15-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Jones might be fighting to get back to us now.

Hope so. Hope we can get Walker from the Cats.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Hope so. Hope we can get Walker from the Cats.

I would be ecstatic if we found a way to get him on our list for next year.

Dry Rot
15-10-2014, 11:02 PM
I would be ecstatic if we found a way to get him on our list for next year.

Agreed.

On BF, there's also suggestions of Kersten from the Cats. What do you think of him?

The Bulldogs Bite
15-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Agreed.

On BF, there's also suggestions of Kersten from the Cats. What do you think of him?

Not interested in Kersten. Crameri is better.

I am a big fan of Walker though. I wonder if he's attainable? Geelong now have Hawkins, Clark, Walker, Kersten, Stanley, Brown as key forwards.

Sedat
15-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Can Walker play CHB?

Dry Rot
15-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I am a big fan of Walker though. I wonder if he's attainable? Geelong now have Hawkins, Clark, Walker, Kersten, Stanley, Brown as key forwards.

Walker must be wondering about his AFL time next year at the Cats.

And the Cats wouldn't mind a good second round pick?

Dry Rot
15-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Can Walker play CHB?

I still wouldn't mind Merrett for a couple of seasons to help out.

Twodogs
16-10-2014, 12:19 AM
I still wouldn't mind Merrett for a couple of seasons to help out.

He'd be good given that guy from Geelong went cold on us for some reason.

Tall, strong bodied, could tutor our developing tall defenders, wouldn't cost the earth surely? Would be in our best 22 straight away.

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Despite the excitement of yesterday there are some deals we would be looking to complete or at least finalise if they will be on our list or not.

Adam Cooney
There are two suitors in North and Essendon. North appear to be offering a good draft pick plus a player of great potential in Kieran Harper in exchange for Cooney and a later pick (45) . Essendon appear to want to hand us pick 37 if they get that from a Ryder deal although that is of course currently in a holding pattern.
On paper we should go with the North deal but Cooney would prefer Essendon.
I'd expect this to play out right the 2pm deadline and unless Cooney says to us if Essendon haven't done the deal by 1pm trade me to North there is still a chance that Cooney is with us next season.

Perhaps a separate deal for Harper could be struck.

Liam Jones
All signs indicate that Jones will be a Carlton player either via a trade or through the preseason draft.
We appear to want Carltons pick 28 and are happy to throw in Tutt as well but the Blues are trying to get the players on the cheap.
I can't see us talking Jones into staying which is a real shame.

Jason Tutt
There appears to be no other suitors than Carlton. If he isn't part of a deal for Jones, Tutt might have to wait until the PSD before he ends up at Carlton.

Shane Biggs
We are keen to get him and Sydney realise that they can't really resign him. Perhaps Sydney will play nice and a flip flop of meaningless draft picks might be done to help him get to us.

Kieran Harper
Our interest is genuine but it could all depend on what Cooney wants to do.

Still a few things to be checked off. I don't think we are in for a quiet day although it won't hit yesterdays level.

Lets us know if you think we should target any other players?

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Carlton have just confirmed they have committed to and have received commitments from Jones and Tutt. They have put it back to us to get the deal done or they will take them in the PSD.
So I think it means we are after pick 28 and they are wanting to give us either pick 45 or 63.

w3design
16-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Carlton have just confirmed they have committed to and have received commitments from Jones and Tutt. They have put it back to us to get the deal done or they will take them in the PSD.
So I think it means we are after pick 28 and they are wanting to give us either pick 45 or 63.

I think we stick to 28 and risk them going to the PSD.
Is it really that bad if we miss getting a pick in the mid 40's...?

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Pick 28 is certainly worth fighting for. Pick 45 gives us something we might be able to trade with.

Maybe we are after both picks 28 and 45 but Carlton won't be fair.

chef
16-10-2014, 09:16 AM
If they committed to them then we should stick to our guns on pick 28, now the Blues need to decide do they want them to join now or at the end of November.

w3design
16-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Pick 28 is certainly worth fighting for. Pick 45 gives us something we might be able to trade with.

Maybe we are after both picks 28 and 45 but Carlton won't be fair.

It's going to be a frenzied last day....

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 09:27 AM
It's going to be a frenzied last day....

Yesterday we brought in a number 1 draft pick. Today we could lose a former number 1. Frenzied and emotional day ahead.

Twodogs
16-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Yesterday we brought in a number 1 draft pick. Today we could lose a former number 1. Frenzied and emotional day ahead.

Good point mate. I hadn't really thought about it like that.

Good luck to the Coon Dog whatever happens.

G-Mo77
16-10-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm starting to warm to keeping Cooney on unless he just wants to go then I'm happy to accomodate. It doesn't seem that long ago we drafted him.

Jones I still want to keep despite landing Boyd but it seems that's not going to happen.

KT31
16-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Would be a risk by Carlton to try and secure both in the PSD.

G-Mo77
16-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Would be a risk by Carlton to try and secure both in the PSD.

Especially Jones. Not sure what else maybe on offer when that comes around but you think a team like St. Kilda may take a shot at him. We've got a bit of leverage with him.

Tutt I think would be available after the first round.

bornadog
16-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm starting to warm to keeping Cooney on unless he just wants to go then I'm happy to accomodate. It doesn't seem that long ago we drafted him.

Jones I still want to keep despite landing Boyd but it seems that's not going to happen.

I agree with you. If they do get traded would be nice to get pick 28, giving us 26.27,28

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm warming to the potetnial of getting 'Ronnie' Biggs from Sydney. At the moment we have P45 and the Swans have P58. A potential swap may be on the cards, however this is a fair drop in picks for us, even at that range. Perhaps it'll weigh on what we get for Jones/Tutt/Cooney later in the day.

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 10:22 AM
I'm warming to the potetnial of getting 'Ronnie' Biggs from Sydney. At the moment we have P45 and the Swans have P58. A potential swap may be on the cards, however this is a fair drop in picks for us, even at that range. Perhaps it'll weigh on what we get for Jones/Tutt/Cooney later in the day.

It all depends on the Jones and Cooney trades. If we get 46 for Jones/Tutt that might have to be the pick we use.
In ideal scenarios
We get pick 28 for Jones and Tutt and maybe throwing in pick 45 to sweeten the deal.
For Cooney we get either pick 37 from Essendon after agreeing to chip in some of his salary or we do the deal with North and get pick 36 and Harper giving back another pick.

4 picks in the 2nd round gives us a more than decent position on draft day.