PDA

View Full Version : Are things slowly getter back to normal at our club?

Eastdog
14-10-2014, 07:47 PM
What do you reckon Yes, No or Undecided.
If you want give a reason as to why you think yes, no or undecided.

hujsh
14-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Think Boyd has distracted us from the turmoil and provided some hope

whythelongface
14-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Can you define 'normal' for the WBFC?

Eastdog
14-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Think Boyd has distracted us from the turmoil and provided some hope

Yeah your probably right. The announcement of Boyd has papered over the cracks. I'd like to think that we are getting back on track and with a player who is been hyped up to be great and wants to come to us its a good start.

1eyedog
14-10-2014, 08:07 PM
ED we have no captain or coach and have lost up to six players. Do you think it's getting back to normal?:D

chef
14-10-2014, 08:08 PM
Hell no, a long ways to go yet.

Eastdog
14-10-2014, 08:09 PM
ED we have no captain or coach and have lost up to six players. Do you think it's getting back to normal?:D

Yes but we could get something really good from these trades if we play our cards right. It would be more unhealthy for our club to keep players who don't really want to be there and want out. At least none of our youngsters want to leave us despite Macca getting the sack.

comrade
14-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Sadly, normal is chaos & failure. So, yeah, things are normal.

All good and well to have Boyd nominate us, but means nothing if we can't do the deal. It's especially embarrassing if we miss out on him when our president and vice president have been so publicly bullish on it.

KT31
14-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Sadly, normal is chaos & failure. So, yeah, things are normal.

All good and well to have Boyd nominate us, but means nothing if we can't do the deal. It's especially embarrassing if we miss out on him when our president and vice president have been so publicly bullish on it.
This has been one thing I have found off putting, Gordon has been all gun hoe and I think the only thing it has achieve so far is to make GWS dig their heals in even further.
Susan jumped the gun with a tweat, giving her the benefit of doubt she may have been ill informed or misunderstood where we were at with the trade.
We will know on Thursday night if Peter has taken the right tact or we not, one thing is for certain with all the grandstanding we will look even more a rabble if we don't end up with Boyd and still have Griff on our list.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2014, 09:18 PM
This has been one thing I have found off putting, Gordon has been all gun hoe and I think the only thing it has achieve so far is to make GWS dig their heals in even further.
Susan jumped the gun with a tweat, giving her the benefit of doubt she may have been ill informed or misunderstood where we were at with the trade.
We will know on Thursday night if Peter has taken the right tact or we not, one thing is for certain with all the grandstanding we will look even more a rabble if we don't end up with Boyd and still have Griff on our list.

PG has built a rod for his own back. I hope he was right.

KT31
14-10-2014, 09:25 PM
PG has built a rod for his own back. I hope he was right.

I admire what he has done for our club but I'm afraid he will have a lot less supporters ( as our club will ) if this all falls A over T.

boydogs
14-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Not even close. There were two factions of players for and against Macca that need to reconcile, trades to be done, and a new coach and captain to be appointed.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Reminds me a little of the movie Wag The Dog. A lot actually, GWS is our Albania.

"it's like a plumber: do your job right and nobody should notice. But when you f**k it up, everything gets full of shit"

Maddog37
14-10-2014, 09:51 PM
I think Macca was floundering and had to go. New coach needed just like Gc and the Crows. Nothing new in the AFL.

Losing Griff apart from being captain is a blessing as he is the only player of age with good value. Cleaning out a few other players that lack intensity also is a benefit. Not clear cut I concede but potentially beneficial. We are in full rebuild which is needed.

If we get a good coach and good trades done then I think we are well ahead of the curve as long as we stick fat.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Ask me at 1400 tomorrow.

bornadog
15-10-2014, 12:37 PM
I am still nervous about who will be the new coach, so answer to OP is no.

Eastdog
15-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Gee I hope we make the right decision on that BAD. We need to get it right.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 12:39 PM
What is the basis for the nerves?

Best case scenario? Worst case scenario?

bornadog
15-10-2014, 12:41 PM
What is the basis for the nerves?

Best case scenario? Worst case scenario?

More like, who will it be, will they be any good.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 12:44 PM
More like, who will it be, will they be any good.

So what is you best and worst case scenarios? Who don't you want and who would you prefer?

bornadog
15-10-2014, 12:52 PM
So what is you best and worst case scenarios? Who don't you want and who would you prefer?

Like everyone else you can only go by what you read and hear.

I like Leigh Tudor, Brett Ratten

Not sure on Monty - should we bring in someone with completely new ideas?

I don't want - Williams, or Thomo

chef
15-10-2014, 01:05 PM
I guess the bonus with Monty is he would know first hand what the real problems are.

Mantis
15-10-2014, 01:29 PM
Things will get worse before they get better.. Even with some very good appointments & solid trading and drafting over the coming months we are in for some further pain in the coming years.

Sedat
15-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Things will get worse before they get better.. Even with some very good appointments & solid trading and drafting over the coming months we are in for some further pain in the coming years.
I'm really enthused about our U-22 talent, so if we can make some sensible decisions with regard to list management and coaching appointments I'm quietly confident that once this group get to the 50-75 game mark, we should see a core of excellent AFL players all growing and developing together. The short-term further decline might only go for a further 12 months hopefully, which I think we would all be fine with if it means a genuine sustained crack from 2017-18 onwards.

ledge
15-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm sure we will win a lot more games than last year, new coach new enthusiasm, older players going, young guns coming on and in.

hujsh
15-10-2014, 08:18 PM
New normal hopefully.:D

A Boyd filled future of sunshine and lollypops

As opposed to our Boyd past of disappointment and clangers

bulldogtragic
15-10-2014, 08:23 PM
New normal hopefully.:D

A Boyd filled future of sunshine and lollypops

As opposed to our Boyd past of disappointment and clangers

Landing our biggest ever trade, hardly normal.

10 years ago we gave pick 6 and PSD 1 for Rawlings/Veale after Brown walked.

Think we learned a lesson.

always right
15-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Dare I say it....we need to be patient. Our side just got a whole lot younger. We all want to see improvement next year but more importantly, we need to continue to build the structure of a premiership side for the future.

westdog54
15-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Eastie, take my advice. Normality is ridiculously overrated. Variety is the spice of life, and we've just spect the last week munching on a really good authentic Thai curry.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Big step made today, few more needed to get back to square. Coach, captain and members

Webby
15-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Dare I say it....we need to be patient. Our side just got a whole lot younger. We all want to see improvement next year but more importantly, we need to continue to build the structure of a premiership side for the future.

That's right. We'll be poor again next year, but we'll get some fun out of the younger guys. Next year is when free agency comes into play for us. Add that to another early draft pick and we're on our way.

I'm hopeful that this year we can get one or two decent kids with our second round picks and also one or two good rookies. I'm also looking forward to seeing Jong after a full-time professional's pre-season on his fitness and kicking. Not forgetting the natural improvement that Stringer, Bont, Macrae, Darley, Hrovat, Hunter, Wallis, Roberts, Talia, Cordy, Campbell, Roughead, Libba, JJ and Wood should make. Christ, there's hardly a player on our list whose career is past peak point.

We should get improvement across the board. The list is just so young!

comrade
15-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Next year, we target the best key defender available.

ledge
15-10-2014, 09:58 PM

Why wait until next year, we might have one already in Cordy..
Also got Roberts and Talia who will be better for another pre season, Roberts had a bad shoulder this year but still managed to win a game for us in the VFL.
I was impressed with Talia as well at the end if the year, seems to be learning a lot.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 10:02 PM

Anyone you'd like to see us go after?

ledge
15-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Carlisle :-) mad doggies fan and his whole family I hear.
Can use him at both ends

comrade
15-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Anyone you'd like to see us go after?

Wouldn't mind reuniting the Talia brothers.

azabob
15-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Wouldn't mind reuniting the Talia brothers.

It may be happening, but not the way we want.

bornadog
16-10-2014, 12:24 AM
It may be happening, but not the way we want.

What do you know?

KT31
16-10-2014, 12:29 AM
What do you know?

This is only rumour, but I have heard B.Mac never rated him and thought he struggled to keep up with opisition forwards when they changed direction, so forwards were told to zig zag when he played on them and he would struggle to keep up.
One thing that really annoyed me when I heard this is why didn't we give him a crack to be a leading forward ?