PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Ryan Griffen.

chef
15-10-2014, 05:35 PM
You may not have gone out in the best of circumstances, but you certainly provided years of excellent service and all the best for the rest of your career.

Plus you helped us finally score a genuine KPF.

always right
15-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Too soon.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Sad/happy. All the best #16, except for Bulldogs games, backing into a pack in our forwardline.

bornadog
15-10-2014, 05:37 PM
I agree Chef, one of my favourite, a great player, 202 games - good luck in the future.

bulldogtragic
15-10-2014, 05:39 PM
At least it was a team Tom Boyd WAS at. He's now at OURS.

1eyedog
15-10-2014, 05:47 PM
So sad that it ended like this Griff but that's football. All the best and thanks for your service and for Tom Boyd.

The Bulldogs Bite
15-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Meh. Thanks for getting us Boyd.

Hope your career goes down the drain, Ryan.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Griffen, your a great player and good luck in the future.

Bulldog Revolution
15-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Good luck Griffer - Im sorry it came to this

I was like a jilted lover initially but I wish you good luck

Greystache
15-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Hopefully he's the Croad in the Hodge trade when we look back.

Scraggers
15-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Mofra
15-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Thanks for that Semi final vs the Swans Griffen.

Hopefully, in many years' time, you will see yourself as a Bulldogs person.

josie
15-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Griff,

Thanks for your wonderful, exciting, tough play over many years. You took our collective breaths away many times.

When all this settles down and your playing career is over, hope you come back to say hello at the kennel.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Very classy Josie, thanks for that.

Maddog37
15-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Gonna miss that shimmy but I am miles away from wishing him well.

Jam Donuts
15-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Gonna miss that shimmy but I am miles away from wishing him well.

Wish you well Ryan you are a gun player lacking in judgement perhaps, but a gun player.

G-Mo77
15-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Meh. Thanks for getting us Boyd.

Hope your career goes down the drain, Ryan.

Yep agree call me spiteful but f' him.

I hope his time at GWS is full of misery and unfulfillment. You will remain in my memory as the guy who almost single handedly destroyed the club I love and even made me doubt why I continue to support. Your days with us will be clouded by your selfish attitude as you walked out the door.

Enjoy your pig shooting you bogan!

choconmientay
15-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Good luck to him for the next chapter in Sydney but in my book, a captain never jump ship. Would we still say thanks and be grateful to him if we didn't land Boyd?

Last year, I had him solely signing my 2014 membership cap but it is now in the bin :(

Jam Donuts
15-10-2014, 06:35 PM

I hope his time at GWS is full of misery and unfulfillment. You will remain in my memory as the guy who almost single handedly destroyed the club I love and even made me doubt why I continue to support. Your days with us will be clouded by your selfish attitude as you walked out the door.

Why don't you tell us how you feel G-Mo

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Griff,

Thanks for your wonderful, exciting, tough play over many years. You took our collective breaths away many times.

When all this settles down and your playing career is over, hope you come back to say hello at the kennel.

Thanks Josie for your thoughts. Griff did give great service. It was perhaps a hasty decision in the choice he has made.

Happy Days
15-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Nope.

Thanks for leaving Griff, now I don't have to pretend you're just as good as Ablett or Pendles for arguments sake.

cinder
15-10-2014, 06:45 PM

I kind of agree but I opted to just write nothing. Can't say anything nice kinda mentality. But yeah, agree

Bulldog4life
15-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Mid 2013 my wife and I sat opposite Higgins & Griffen at the Peninsula Club in Dromana sharing a meal and talking like we were old friends. How times change......

josie
15-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Thanks Josie for your thoughts. Griff did give great service. It was perhaps a hasty decision in the choice he has made.

For the record I think he made an appalling decision wrt not raising his wish to be traded earlier. The Dogs would have had more time to organise a fair trade without the turmoil. However I'm guessing it was not spiteful and that he just did not think what repercussions there would be for the Dogs, let alone the fact his reputation is in shreds. At present it seems to have worked out well for all except BMac.

P.S. I held a grudge against Lake for a year or so and realised it's all a bit of a waste of time being bitter.

Go DOGS !!

Let's smell the roses and work out

Nuggety Back Pocket
15-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Mf
For the record I think he made an appalling decision wrt not raising his wish to be traded earlier. The Dogs would have had more time to organise a fair trade without the turmoil. However I'm guessing it was not spiteful and that he just did not think what repercussions there would be for the Dogs, let alone the fact his reputation is in shreds. At present it seems to have worked out well for all except BMac.

P.S. I held a grudge against Lake for a year or so and realised it's all a bit of a waste of time being bitter.

Go DOGS !!

Let's smell the roses and work out

A very disappointing end to Griffen's career with the Bulldogs which triggered off Macca's demise. McCartney didn't deserve the treatment that led to his resignation.The recruiting of Tom Boyd has clouded over what has been a dreadful week for the WB.

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks NBP, very good points you have raised

westdog54
15-10-2014, 07:37 PM
The time may come when I wish Griff well as he continues his career.

I'm still not write ready for that yet but any approach that gets us Tom Boyd must be a good thing.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the 200 odd games Griff, time heals all wounds, I hope one day you can apologise not for leaving, but for the way you did it. I hope one day post retirement you can come back within the Bulldog family as for years you bled red white and blue.
I'd still be you a beer at the pub, but Id be lying if I didnt say my motivation would be both thanks for your time, and thanks for FREAKING LANDING US TOM BOYD Yeeeeeeehhaaaaaaah.

hujsh
15-10-2014, 07:42 PM
All the best producing future BULLDOG father son picks. That's as far as my interest in you goes now.

Scraggers
15-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Good luck to him for the next chapter in Sydney but in my book, a captain never jump ship. Would we still say thanks and be grateful to him if we didn't land Boyd?

Last year, I had him solely signing my 2014 membership cap but it is now in the bin :(

This is the fourth captain to jump ship in my time as a Doggies supporter.

Gary Dempsey
Kelvin Templeton
Jim Edmond
Ryan Griffen

GVGjr
15-10-2014, 07:54 PM

Gary Dempsey
Kelvin Templeton
Jim Edmond
Ryan Griffen

Hawkins?

choconmientay
15-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Gary Dempsey
Kelvin Templeton
Jim Edmond
Ryan Griffen

:) I have been in Australia since 2000 and only start to follow the dogs since. Missed everything before that. Did they have the same impact when they left the club compare to Griff and now?

Go_Dogs
15-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Would also like to thank Griff for his efforts for the Club over the past 10 years. Sour note to end and leave on, but nonetheless, was one of my favourite players and will hopefully be remembered for his big game performances, and being the bloke who landed us the best player in the competition, in Tom Boyd.

AndrewP6
15-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Not sure I can thank him just yet. Still very much disappointed/disillusioned by events.

BulldogBelle
15-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Big thank you to #16 for helping us get Tom Boyd. You will only be remembered for this in my eyes.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Don't ever come back.

comrade
15-10-2014, 08:58 PM
As a footballer, you were one of my favourites. Tough, inspiring, hard working, brilliant. It was a pleasure to watch you each week.

As a person & leader, you have fallen very short.

Good luck for the few years remaining in your career.

Unfortunately (for you), your legacy will be as the turncoat that allowed us to snare Tom Boyd.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 09:39 PM
I feel like a jilted lover.........sigh.........find it hard to say goodbye and it will hurt to see you in GWS colours, but........damn.......you wanted to go, so see ya! Now to find a new handle for my Woof name :o

bornadog
15-10-2014, 09:40 PM
I feel like a jilted lover.........sigh.........find it hard to say goodbye and it will hurt to see you in GWS colours, but........damn.......you wanted to go, so see ya! Now to find a new handle for my Woof name :o

What did you say Magic Boyd :D

Scraggers
15-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Hawkins?

My favourite Bulldog ... How can I forget Dougie.

Scraggers
15-10-2014, 09:59 PM
:) I have been in Australia since 2000 and only start to follow the dogs since. Missed everything before that. Did they have the same impact when they left the club compare to Griff and now?

Dempsey and Edmond yes ... From memory Gary left because (plain and simple) we couldn't afford him; but it hurt. Jimmy hurt more though ... It was a very bitter parting. We got royally screwed.

Edmond was a lot like Griff's departure as it was out of left field for me. Very unexpected.

But the Griffen one hurts more because we lost our coach the very next day because of Griff.

Hotdog60
15-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I'll only thank him when he produces a gun of a son that has better skills and sense for doing things the right way.

Webby
15-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Dempsey and Edmond yes ... From memory Gary left because (plain and simple) we couldn't afford him; but it hurt. Jimmy hurt more though ... It was a very bitter parting. We got royally screwed.

Edmond was a lot like Griff's departure as it was out of left field for me. Very unexpected.

But the Griffen one hurts more because we lost our coach the very next day because of Griff.

Edmond's imminent departure was also made public in the midst of the '85 finals series! Imagine that?! Your captain confirming he's out during week 1 of finals??!!

We came out flat in the first semi v Hawthorn and got spanked.. A disgraceful period. Royal cock-up.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks Griff for all the great games of footy I was privileged to see you play. Pity about the way your career at the dogs finished up though. Sure you will be welcomed back in the future.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Hawkins?

Harsh to say the least

Topdog
15-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Harsh to say the least

Was going to say, not really fair to include him.

LostDoggy
15-10-2014, 11:01 PM
big thank you to #16 for helping us get tom boyd. You will only be remembered for this in my eyes.

damn straight!!

KT31
15-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Griff thanks for the stella years, for saying G'day to my young pups everytime they bumped into you around Willy and most of all thanks for Boyd.
Although may all your games against us be shockers.

ratsmac
15-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Kim!

KT31
16-10-2014, 12:05 AM
Kim!

????

Sedat
16-10-2014, 12:10 AM
In our 11 finals from 2006 to 2010, Griff was our best player in 8 of them. He had a mighty career at the Bulldogs and gave his absolute all out on the field. I am stoked with today's trade but I won't forget what a fantastic player Griffen was for us. I still remember with fondness how magnificent Lake was for us and I'll no doubt do the same with Griff.

boydogs
16-10-2014, 12:29 AM
In our 11 finals from 2006 to 2010, Griff was our best player in 8 of them

Huge stat. Was magnificent for us and has left us with the best power forward in TAC Cup history

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 12:35 AM
Not happy, you broke my heart. Lucky for you Boyd isn't Rawlings which always hurts about Brown and pick 6.

ratsmac
16-10-2014, 12:41 AM
????

it's short for f@#* him. I can't forgive a captain walking out on us that easy. He's piss weak the way he handled himself. The only thing I thank him for right now is for showing our young players how not to be in regards to leadership and a person. He's basically said f you to all his team mates. Good bloke! I hope that they delete his phone number from their phones.

SonofScray
16-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Cannot take away his skill and effort, particularly for us in finals. Even this season under duress he battled manfully. But unfortunately for him, he has blotted his copy book, irreparably damaged his standing at our Club and will never be welcomed warmly at the Kennel again.

Showed a real lack of honesty and character. Unforgivable. I have him magically higher than Ward though, who unlike Griffen, didn't even give us his best efforts once his mind was made up. Or maybe Griffen's avoid ant behaviour was just as bad. Either way he joins a sad and sorry list, of which few recover from.

Wallace
Brown
Ward
Griffen

Plough is the only bloke welcome back IMO.

KT31
16-10-2014, 12:51 AM
Cannot take away his skill and effort, particularly for us in finals. Even this season under duress he battled manfully. But unfortunately for him, he has blotted his copy book, irreparably damaged his standing at our Club and will never be welcomed warmly at the Kennel again.

Showed a real lack of honesty and character. Unforgivable. I have him magically higher than Ward though, who unlike Griffen, didn't even give us his best efforts once his mind was made up. Or maybe Griffen's avoid ant behaviour was just as bad. Either way he joins a sad and sorry list, of which few recover from.

Wallace
Brown
Ward
Griffen

Plough is the only bloke welcome back IMO.
If Ward said he wanted back next season, I would want us to arrange a deal in a heartbeat.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 01:00 AM
If Ward said he wanted back next season, I would want us to arrange a deal in a heartbeat.

I would take Jeremy Cameron for the pick and salary required... :)

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 01:16 AM
Damn. Mum said “nothing nice to say…”

Comment deleted.

1eyedog
16-10-2014, 01:22 AM
In our 11 finals from 2006 to 2010, Griff was our best player in 8 of them. He had a mighty career at the Bulldogs and gave his absolute all out on the field. I am stoked with today's trade but I won't forget what a fantastic player Griffen was for us. I still remember with fondness how magnificent Lake was for us and I'll no doubt do the same with Griff.

I think when we eventually take the emotion out of it most supporters will feel the same. Super, super player.

KT31
16-10-2014, 01:24 AM
I think when we eventually take the emotion out of it most supporters will feel the same. Super, super player.

I have not seen many better in our colours.

Scorlibo
16-10-2014, 01:45 AM
I have not seen many better in our colours.

Reached higher heights from 2011-2013 than any other Bulldog I've seen. Was a top 5 player of the competition over that period.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 02:00 AM
I don't see the need to dredge it all up, it meant nothing to the man himself this week. All I'll wonder is if he got any pigs.

He may have been a great player but the worst captain in a long time.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 03:24 AM
We do not know this guy personally so to insult him based on his actions is unjust. We all have our idiosyncrasies and reasons, has nobody here ever wanted to quit their job before because of their boss? Nobody done it? I certainly have and I am have been lauded for it rather than chastised!

Griff was an amazing servant to our club and an exceptional talent for us for a very long time, yes he gave us heartache, but he also gave us great joy, this is football and honestly get over it.

Good luck for your future career and life, you've been a champion player and for the most part a pretty good bloke IMO (although the pigs you're hunting might think otherwise!)

Webby
16-10-2014, 07:33 AM
I'd just look at things on the bright side and say thanks to Ryan Griffen for wanting to go to GWS of all clubs!

Of all the clubs in the league, he chose the one with the most bargaining chips. I don't know his thought processes, but when I heard he wanted to go to GWS, my thoughts were that the fish had jumped in the boat! Perhaps that was Griffen saying "I need to get out of here, but I'll try to do the best thing for everyone - on balance.."

Maybe, anyway. I've never been one to get too attached to players. To me, they're simply employees who are there to do a job. From afar, Griffen struck me as the quiet, introverted guy in the office. Very good at his job, but not management material. Not the guy to lighten the mood when the time comes, or to bring the office together, organise events, look out for colleagues, boost morale, stand up in front of people and give a spray etc.

In short, not a Cameron Ling type. Not a vocal Michael Voss type or a Brad Johnson. In short, not a natural leader. In fact, far from it in the end! But to be fair, I don't think he ever claimed to be... Time to say good luck and to move on.

A lesson in choosing your captains carefully..

G-Mo77
16-10-2014, 09:11 AM
We do not know this guy personally so to insult him based on his actions is unjust. We all have our idiosyncrasies and reasons, has nobody here ever wanted to quit their job before because of their boss? Nobody done it? I certainly have and I am have been lauded for it rather than chastised!

Walking out on an every day job is not even comparable. I don't know why people think they can compare the two. Griffen's actions as he walked out to door showed what s coward he is. I don't like my job at all but it's put a roof over my head, pays the bills and puts food on the table. If I was ever to leave I'd at least walk in thank my boss for my employment, say goodbye to my work mates and move on. At least I don't have fans who help pay my salary to say goodbye to as well. I certainly wouldn't shit on them if I did.

Poor Grif? :rolleyes:

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Walking out on an every day job is not even comparable. I don't know why people think they can compare the two. Griffen's actions as he walked out to door showed what s coward he is. I don't like my job at all but it's put a roof over my head, pays the bills and puts food on the table. If I was ever to leave I'd at least walk in thank my boss for my employment, say goodbye to my work mates and move on. At least I don't have fans who help pay my salary to say goodbye to as well. I certainly wouldn't shit on them if I did.

Poor Grif? :rolleyes:

Some people don't handle confrontation well, assume this is the case with Griffen and why he wasn't enjoying captaincy. You may deem that cowardly, but as I said everybody is different, doesn't make them shit people.

let he without sin...........

always right
16-10-2014, 10:44 AM
It would benefit everyone if we finally hear the full version from Griff as to what took place and why he took the action he did. He was a champion of the club and it's sad that he is departing our club on such acrimonious terms. I want to understand why he did what he did in the way that he did it.

G-Mo77
16-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Some people don't handle confrontation well, assume this is the case with Griffen and why he wasn't enjoying captaincy. You may deem that cowardly, but as I said everybody is different, doesn't make them shit people.

let he without sin...........

I don't think he's a shit person for not wanting the pressure of captaincy or the pressure that come with it, it's not for everyone. I think he's a shit person for the way he chose to deal with it.

craigsahibee
16-10-2014, 10:59 AM
I would like to thank Ryan for everything he has done for our club over his career. Gun footballer first and foremost.

Whilst his departure from the club has soured our memories, I still manage a smile when I look back at the amount of times he had the pill and all I would say was simply "Go Griff". His explosiveness and strength out of the contest was great to watch and his ability to kick at speed without breaking stride was sensational.

He strikes me as the sort of bloke who could walk away from footy tomorrow and it wouldn't phase him one bit. In a way I can understand his thought process in making the decision to leave our club. Whilst I don't agree with the way it was handled, I can empathise with him. Once again thank you Ryan for the great times we've had together and good luck.

Chicago1
16-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I'll pass on this for the moment. Sorry.

Ozza
16-10-2014, 12:21 PM
It will take me a while to be in the right frame of mind to be positive about Griffen.

Daughter of the West
16-10-2014, 12:31 PM
My currently feeling are not unlike those after breaking up with a long term boyfriend.

I'm sad, and especially angry at the way he broke up with us. It's the equivalent of sending a break up text message to a partner of multiple years, after you've tried to talk through your issues. I can appreciate that there were some wonderful times, times that I was proud to call #16 ours, but I'm just not ready to acknowledge that yet. I'm still in the midst of stewing over the split (and it's terrible manner) but I hope in time, the raw pain will fade to a dull ache and I'll eventually be able to smile thinking of #16 running around in red, white and blue.

hujsh
16-10-2014, 12:36 PM
I will always remember Jason Blake turning into a witches hat

Murphy'sLore
16-10-2014, 12:47 PM
There are a couple of posters on my daughter's bedroom wall that need to come down sooner rather than later :( Unfortunately she's having a hard time letting go.

Jeanette54
16-10-2014, 01:35 PM

I can't say it any better. Good luck Griff.

Remi Moses
16-10-2014, 01:44 PM
To paraphrase the great Jack Dyer
I won't say something in case I say something .
Great career, crap exit .

EasternWest
16-10-2014, 01:45 PM
There are a couple of posters on my daughter's bedroom wall that need to come down sooner rather than later :( Unfortunately she's having a hard time letting go.

Poor kid.

Sounds like someone needs a Tom Boyd poster.

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Griffen now says he was going to retire if not for GWS offer.....

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Griffen now says he was going to retire if not for GWS offer.....

I don't think this is all down to the club. Obviously Griffen has some other distractions outside of his football.

whythelongface
16-10-2014, 03:45 PM
http://http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ryan-griffen-speaks-on-reasons-for-leaving-western-bulldogs-as-new-giant-looks-forward-to-fresh-start/story-fn69a32t-1227092624877 (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ryan-griffen-speaks-on-reasons-for-leaving-western-bulldogs-as-new-giant-looks-forward-to-fresh-start/story-fn69a32t-1227092624877)

No thanks for the club that he played 9 years for. Extraordinary.

cinder
16-10-2014, 04:20 PM
http://www.sen.com.au/news/emotional-griffen-explains-gws-switch

The radio interview, well kinda gets chopped off at the end.

The bulldog tragician
16-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I feel enormously sad, and I don't think I'm ready yet to have the right perspective. I guess I feel conned by Griff not being who we thought he was. As I've said elsewhere I don't feel hatred, feel sick thinking of him being booed. But wishing him well? no, not yet, and I hope he comes to bitterly regret his decision and more importantly the way he carried it out.

cinder
16-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I hope he comes to bitterly regret his decision and more importantly the way he carried it out.

If it plays out anything like Terry Wallace - he will, but it'll take about 10 years for him to admit it.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 05:05 PM
What did you say Magic Boyd :D Well, yes, I guess so but I'm not ready to do it yet!!! Sigh, now I've just heard about Cooney.......Jarrad Grant..........why is this so emotional? Living in northern NSW now, I note that the NRL way of doing things seems less emotional - it kinda just happens, whenever......not a special "trade time". Is it better?
Thank goodness I've got a few months to get over all this! Correction: Liam Jones, not Jarrad Grant (I think!!!)

Pickenitup
16-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Gee it makes me sick seeing Griff in those colours.

1eyedog
16-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Well, yes, I guess so but I'm not ready to do it yet!!! Sigh, now I've just heard about Cooney.......Jarrad Grant..........why is this so emotional? Living in northern NSW now, I note that the NRL way of doing things seems less emotional - it kinda just happens, whenever......not a special "trade time". Is it better?
Thank goodness I've got a few months to get over all this!

Huh? Did Grant get traded? WTF!

Bulldog4life
16-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Huh? Did Grant get traded? WTF!

News to me. Maybe it should have read Jones.

hujsh
16-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah what was Grants story?

GVGjr
16-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Yeah what was Grants story?
I think it was a typo

hujsh
16-10-2014, 07:23 PM
I think it was a typo

I thought I remembered him asking for a trade but I might be wrong.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 08:22 PM
It was indeed a typo or a rush of blood!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys :o

bornadog
16-10-2014, 08:23 PM
It was indeed!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys :o

No Problems Magic Boyd:D

Doc26
16-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Something just completely wrong with this press conference.
It was about 20 minutes of self inflicted pain listening to Cameron, Griffen and Ward as one in their new home and colours.

Warning: This video may be inappropriate for some users.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2014-10-16/presser-ryan-griffen

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Something just completely wrong with this press conference.
It was about 20 minutes of self inflicted pain listening to Cameron, Griffen and Ward as one in their new home and colours.

Warning: This video may be inappropriate for some users.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/video/2014-10-16/presser-ryan-griffen

And lauding Griff's leadership.

KT31
16-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Always thought he had beady eyes that were to close together and we shouldn't trust him.;)

Webby
16-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Always thought he had beady eyes that were to close together and we shouldn't trust him.;)

My dad was always big on that mantra!

1eyedog
16-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Spot on Bull. To do what he did to us as supporters and to OUR CLUB!! and disapear till the trade period was over to half ass try and explain why he did what he did?!?!

Glad to see the back of u you SPINELESS SHIT!!!!:mad:

I understand the frustration but we don't totally know his side of the story. Griffen may have some issues he is dealing with that he simply does not want made public. They may be life issues and / or personality issues and unless we really know what the true reasons were for the decisions he made it's hard for me to pass judgement. Secondly, he bled red, white and blue for 99.9% of the time he was affiliated with the club and I just can't sink the boots in. I think he'll live to regret his decision.

boydogs
16-10-2014, 11:34 PM
No thanks for the club that he played 9 years for. Extraordinary.

“I needed that fresh start, I was at the club for 10 years, they’ve given me so much over the years and it was the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make.”

Sedat
16-10-2014, 11:58 PM
I understand the frustration but we don't totally know his side of the story. Griffen may have some issues he is dealing with that he simply does not want made public. They may be life issues and / or personality issues and unless we really know what the true reasons were for the decisions he made it's hard for me to pass judgement. Secondly, he bled red, white and blue for 99.9% of the time he was affiliated with the club and I just can't sink the boots in. I think he'll live to regret his decision.
Echo your sentiments. The departure was messy but for me it's not enough to wipe away 10 years of elite service to our club. Emotions will cool down and Griff's legacy at our club will be recognised in time.

It's always darkest before the dawn and the kennel has lit up like a fire-cracker since last week.

Remi Moses
17-10-2014, 01:49 AM
Find it rather ironic that Davis and Ward front and centre and questioning Boyd's loyalty.

Remi Moses
17-10-2014, 01:50 AM
“I needed that fresh start, I was at the club for 10 years, they’ve given me so much over the years and it was the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make.”

Might be the biggest gift for what his done

bull79
17-10-2014, 06:22 AM
It sounded like alot of bulldog bashing for his own issues?

After listening to that we most definately got the better deal!

bull79
17-10-2014, 06:38 AM
When we play GWS next year let's see if we can make him cry on the field, with booing & sledgeing? Then again, it's not needed he'll brake down if we can some how give responsibility.
Giving a unstable emotional person a gun to go pig shooting? Who shot the gun for him? That's a bit too much responsibility!

whythelongface
17-10-2014, 07:39 AM

Ah thanks. Missed that bit.

whythelongface
17-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Find it rather ironic that Davis and Ward front and centre and questioning Boyd's loyalty.

Really. Coming from Ward who made his decision half way through a season leaving supporters think will he or won't he. At least Boyd's decision was made during the trade period where it could effectively be done straight away.

AndrewP6
17-10-2014, 08:34 AM
When we play GWS next year let's see if we can make him cry on the field, with booing & sledgeing? Then again, it's not needed he'll brake down if we can some how give responsibility.
Giving a unstable emotional person a gun to go pig shooting? Who shot the gun for him? That's a bit too much responsibility!

That would be incredibly immature. And, he said in that interview the reports of pig shooting were false, and that he went fishing.

always right
17-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I won't be booing him...well that's the plan anyway. Depends if his new team are giving us a pantsing.

KT31
17-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Not really big on the whole booing thing, but I could live with a great anti-Griff banner, Boyd kicking 10 goals and the odd call of Judas when Griff has a possession.

Ozza
17-10-2014, 10:31 AM
After listening to Griffen's presser....and warm feelings I had towards him were extinguished. Going to take me a long time to get over the way he has gone about this.

BulldogBelle
17-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Out with the old....
Removed from sons bedroom wall and disposed of.

http://s24.postimg.org/b2wm3ovhx/16_Bin.jpg (http://postimage.org/) image upload no limit (http://postimage.org/)

LostDoggy
17-10-2014, 11:44 AM
You should recycle that green waste, make a sling shot out of the rubber tyre, sheet compost with the B&D box and give the jumper to the Salvos, TDB

Sedat
17-10-2014, 12:01 PM
After listening to Griffen's presser....and warm feelings I had towards him were extinguished. Going to take me a long time to get over the way he has gone about this.
I actually thought he was emotional and struggled at his presser when the discussion about leaving the Dogs came up. I take his word that he was hating his football and needed to get out of the Melbourne fishbowl environment and the Dogs environment as it was this year. I also believe him when he says he would have retired next year - he's a quiet country lad who never enjoyed the fanfare and adulation of the AFL and just wants to play the game without any of the other superfluous elements. In hindsight he was a terrible choice as captain, something he needs to also take some of the responsibility for accepting.

Everyone is entitled to vent their opinion but I won't be making any disparaging remarks about his time with us - he was a player of rare quality and consistency. Sure the end was messy from all parties but his departure has actually given us the courage to properly plan our next assault on the top 4, which would have been long after the likes of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins peak as players irrespective of whether or not they stayed with us.

Maddog37
17-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Most of my anger towards him has dissipated and been replaced by a certain degree of concern for his well being. Something seems amiss with him and I wonder if he is still dealing with the loss of his father. From personal experience I can tell you that sometimes things like that take years to deal with and certain situations can really magnify the problems.

Massive amounts of guess work on my behalf and perhaps I am a soft touch but life is too short to hold onto bitterness.

I hate GWS with a passion though!!!!!!

Bulldog4life
17-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Most of my anger towards him has dissipated and been replaced by a certain degree of concern for his well being. Something seems amiss with him and I wonder if he is still dealing with the loss of his father. From personal experience I can tell you that sometimes things like that take years to deal with and certain situations can really magnify the problems.

Massive amounts of guess work on my behalf and perhaps I am a soft touch but life is too short to hold onto bitterness.

I hate GWS with a passion though!!!!!!

I agree. Could be similar situation to what Mitch Clark was in. He didn't seem he was in a good head space to me.

1eyedog
17-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I actually thought he was emotional and struggled at his presser when the discussion about leaving the Dogs came up. I take his word that he was hating his football and needed to get out of the Melbourne fishbowl environment and the Dogs environment as it was this year. I also believe him when he says he would have retired next year - he's a quiet country lad who never enjoyed the fanfare and adulation of the AFL and just wants to play the game without any of the other superfluous elements. In hindsight he was a terrible choice as captain, something he needs to also take some of the responsibility for accepting.

Everyone is entitled to vent their opinion but I won't be making any disparaging remarks about his time with us - he was a player of rare quality and consistency. Sure the end was messy from all parties but his departure has actually given us the courage to properly plan our next assault on the top 4, which would have been long after the likes of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins peak as players irrespective of whether or not they stayed with us.

That's how I saw it as well. I actually think he was probably depressed to some extent at the Bulldogs, all the signs point to it and once that happens removing the coach won't change your mind. Watching him at the presser actually helped me to understand where he was actually at and I do think he probably made the right decision for himself.

LostDoggy
17-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Dont get me wrong, Im a very passionate Doggies member, but at the end of the day this is a sport. I invest a lot of emotion into the Dogs, but enjoy the ride none the less wether we are playing finals, mid table or down the bottom, it provides me a different experience.

I for one dont like booing players, I live in Perth and Freo and WCE crowds constantly do it. It can also be motivational for the player, and in fact the other 21 players off the opposition.

A lot may disagree with me, that's fair enough, each to their own. Griff chose to leave our club, although he didnt do it in the best way (actually quite a shitty way) he needed a change and I dont begrudge him for that. I also dont trust anything in the media, I've seen first hand how they manipulate non-factual information to paint perception. Griff in my eyes bled red white and blue for 10+ years, he carried our team for the past 3 years.

Greystache
17-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Sure the end was messy from all parties but his departure has actually given us the courage to properly plan our next assault on the top 4, which would have been long after the likes of Griffen, Cooney and Higgins peak as players irrespective of whether or not they stayed with us.

It's a really interesting concept. From a list planning and strategy perspective it seems a logical thing to do, but if it weren't for the player himself initiating the event, we wouldn't have even considered doing it.

If things work out the way we hope, we'll be in a far better position in 3-4 years time than we ever would have been if our hand wasn't forced.

LostDoggy
17-10-2014, 02:11 PM
It's a really interesting concept. From a list planning and strategy perspective it seems a logical thing to do, but if it weren't for the player himself initiating the event, we wouldn't have even considered doing it.

If things work out the way we hope, we'll be in a far better position in 3-4 years time than we ever would have been if our hand wasn't forced.

Correct.

Also Cooney made mention today him leaving the Bulldogs will fast track some younger guys development. As it opens up a midfield spot. I think he is being 100% genuine about that too.

LostDoggy
17-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Out of all this, Cooney going is the one that got me down the most

Pickenitup
17-10-2014, 11:16 PM
I hope we play GWS In Round 1 at Etihad bet we get a great crowd.

BulldogBelle
20-10-2014, 12:00 AM
I hope we play GWS In Round 1 at Etihad bet we get a great crowd.

l just heard Grif will be out injured.

LostDoggy
20-10-2014, 11:32 PM
l just heard Grif will be out injured.

Before or after?