PDA

View Full Version : So who wants to coach the dogs now?

bulldogtragic
15-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Cooney, Tutt, Jones, Minson on the table for picks still.

Wallace & Eade to start with.

ledge
15-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I really think Bombers a chance or Montgomery.
We say we have no chance of bomber but we are the only side in Melbourne without a coach and he doesn't want to be an assistant, he will be somewhere next year and in thinking more its us everyday.

Webby
15-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Potentially a few more hands will have gone up after today.

bornadog
15-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Cooney, Tutt, Jones, Minson on the table for picks still.

Wallace & Eade to start with.

BT, why do you have Minsons name there?

Did you listen to him today on MMM? I don't think he is going anywhere.

Webby
15-10-2014, 10:15 PM

Minson won me over today. I was pleased with his interview. Was stern about Griffen and clearly in the club's corner. Very statesman-like. Dare I say captain like.

The pragmatist in me still says trade him, though.
With Cordy, Campbell and now Boyd, something has to give..

lemmon
15-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Minson won me over today. I was pleased with his interview. Was stern about Griffen and clearly in the club's corner. Very statesman-like. Dare I say captain like.

The pragmatist in me still says trade him, though.
With Cordy, Campbell and now Boyd, something has to give..
I'd hate to send Boyd into the ruck yet, even for short stints. Something Dougy once said about leaving a Ferrari named Chris in the garage on slick days at Whitten Oval comes to mind. Lets not dint our new Porsche in the monster truck derby of the ruck

Webby
15-10-2014, 10:27 PM
I'd hate to send Boyd into the ruck yet, even for short stints. Something Dougy once said about leaving a Ferrari named Chris in the garage on slick days at Whitten Oval comes to mind. Lets not dint our new Porsche in the monster truck derby of the ruck

I'm not suggesting Boyd should play ruck. I'm suggesting that Campbell will not be able to rest forward next to him. Not without throwing the forward line badly out of balance, that is...

Ditto Cordy and Minson. So if Cordy and Campbell are to progress, Minson really has to give... Or we simply trade Campbell or Cordy at some point... But, for value, Minson is the one to deal if the right offer comes.

ledge
15-10-2014, 10:36 PM
We have gone off topic... Just saying

Torpedo
15-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Gary Ayres/ Brett Rattan/Brenton Sanderson - Rodney seems to have pulled out of coaching going by his comments. I feel we need a senior coach with experience in the game after the BMac experiment. Someone the players have to admire for their achievements on the field or as coach. To directly answer the thread though - Who wouldn't want to be given the opportunity to coach this developing group of young players? The question for me is: Do we have a spill of all assistants and let the new coach( if he has experience) choose his own team or keep the existing assistants and maintain a sense of continuity?

Doc26
15-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Gary Ayres/ Brett Rattan/Brenton Sanderson - Rodney seems to have pulled out of coaching going by his comments. I feel we need a senior coach with experience in the game after the BMac experiment. Someone the players have to admire for their achievements on the field or as coach. To directly answer the thread though - Who wouldn't want to be given the opportunity to coach this developing group of young players? The question for me is: Do we have a spill of all assistants and let the new coach( if he has experience) choose his own team or keep the existing assistants and maintain a sense of continuity?

Given the communication issues between players and coach apparently at the heart of Sanderson's exit from the Crows he would have to be a very long shot. I would like to hear what Ratten has to say though.

bulldogtragic
15-10-2014, 11:15 PM

Missed it, only in that his name was rumoured prior to today. If he's 100% onboard, I'm happy. But on coaches, I hope an outstanding candidate said something to us like "sure I'll coach the dogs, when you get Tom Boyd"...

KT31
15-10-2014, 11:23 PM
Minson may have spoken in favour of staying at the Dog's as unlike other players wanting to leave he had no suitors.
If rumors are true the club will have to have words with him and he will have to adjust his attitude or we will risk losing kid's in the near future.
Sorry, to get back on track IMO Ratts would be in front at this stage.

bornadog
15-10-2014, 11:29 PM
Missed it, only in that his name was rumoured prior to today. If he's 100% onboard, I'm happy. But on coaches, I hope an outstanding candidate said something to us like "sure I'll coach the dogs, when you get Tom Boyd"...

Leigh Tudor and Ratten, both managed by Pickering.

Doc26
15-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Leigh Tudor and Ratten, both managed by Pickering.

Insignificant piece of info. really but I've just realised that Tom Boyd would likely to have been a junior at Norwood in the EFL during Ratten's 2 year coaching stint with their second division seniors. Coming from a fanatical Carlton family, this would not have been lost on a young Tom. Might they be united to bring us our precious.

Bulldog4life
15-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Insignificant piece of info. really but I've just realised that Tom Boyd would likely to have been a junior at Norwood in the EFL during Ratten's 2 year coaching stint with their second division seniors. Coming from a fanatical Carlton family, this would not have been lost on a young Tom. Might they be united to bring us our precious.

I hope so. Had a little wagers at 12's, Odds haven't changed either.