PDA

View Full Version : Bees update?

Dry Rot
24-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Anyone here closely follow the Bees? Any major changes to report for '07?

How/where will our new (or newly available) tall players like Pask, Everitt, Walsh, Williams and O'Shea fit in?

Ditto smalls like Hughes, Harbrow, Lynch and Stack?

Go_Dogs
24-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Pods is now Captain, don't know what that will mean, but probably that again our young forwards are starved of delivery a bit in the forward line. Everitt and Williams will play down back I imagine, Pask will probably get a gig in the forward line, whilst Walsh, O'Shea, West and Tiller will probably again have to work there way up from the C's.

Hughes, Harbrow, Lynch, Stack and Hill will probably get games in the B's I imagine, going by their training reports, but it will be a long, draining season on their young bodies. (Possibly with the exception to Hughes and Harbrow who have both played more senior football)

The Doctor
28-01-2007, 03:18 PM
They have signed ex Sydney ruckmen Paul Chambers & Andrew Ericksen. Chambers played about 40 games with the Cats and Swans before walking out on the Swans. I don't think Ericksen played.

LostDoggy
28-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Chambers and Ericksen should be solid additions as they can cover the ruck very well.

With Pods to play as a fey forward I suppose the squash for other tall forward duties falls between Skipper, Walsh, Baird and Pask. Interesting that Tiller has played a bit as a defender during the scratch matches and perhaps this is where they feel he is best suited to.
As much as I have seen McDougall making progress I think he still has a little way to go to avoid starting the season with the Bees. He and Pods would be lethal up forward.

Atkins must really think 2007 is his year to coach a premiership team.

Pask can at least play as a defender at the VFL level and who knows what the plans are for Walsh but the question might be which players miss out on the senior line-up.

At the moment Stack would be one, Michael West another and then Lynch and Hill would be candidates as well. Despite his form so far Harbrow might also be squeezed into the
2nds.

I wonder if there is a quota system in place that ensures something like 10 Werribee listed players must be played regardless of form?

Dry Rot
29-01-2007, 04:58 PM
They have signed ex Sydney ruckmen Paul Chambers & Andrew Ericksen. Chambers played about 40 games with the Cats and Swans before walking out on the Swans. I don't think Ericksen played.

Wonder whether this is a Bees verdict on our slender ruck stocks?

bulldogtragic
01-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Anyone aware if the Bees kept Jarrod Garth on after doing his knee?

LostDoggy
01-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Anyone aware if the Bees kept Jarrod Garth on after doing his knee?

I will be talking to a keen Werribee supporter later today so I might be able to give you an update tonight.

bulldogtragic
01-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I will be talking to a keen Werribee supporter later today so I might be able to give you an update tonight.
Thanks Billy