PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Ideas for The Club

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 01:50 AM
TBA

Tom Boyd Army (aka cheer squad membership)

Only just realised putting that down it might be confusing if you got a text about where you're sitting or waiting for someone at the ground... Still like it. We need to get every cent out of the marketing appeal of the true messiah.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 03:31 AM
BT this man does not need gimmicks, we will take the benefits of his well publicised trade, but the last thing we should be doing is heaping the pressure on him at this early stage of his career.

Be patient, he will build it, they will come!

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 11:41 AM
BT this man does not need gimmicks, we will take the benefits of his well publicised trade, but the last thing we should be doing is heaping the pressure on him at this early stage of his career.

Be patient, he will build it, they will come!

What you call gimmicks others might call marketing. It's not about patience or pressure its about an opportunity to have a marquee player that gets memberships sold, and bums on seats and sells hope to the masses who will have another few years down still. I've said on other threads, you can build a team and a club around TB, he has star power and if we weren't finding ways to market or recruit new members and cheer squad members then the marketing manager isn't doing their job.

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 02:27 PM
What you call gimmicks others might call marketing. It's not about patience or pressure its about an opportunity to have a marquee player that gets memberships sold, and bums on seats and sells hope to the masses who will have another few years down still. I've said on other threads, you can build a team and a club around TB, he has star power and if we weren't finding ways to market or recruit new members and cheer squad members then the marketing manager isn't doing their job.

Our new marketing manager is doing a brilliant job so far, so I imagine every avenue is being looked at and pursued.

boydogs
16-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Our new marketing manager is doing a brilliant job so far, so I imagine every avenue is being looked at and pursued.

Simon Garlick has said Tom Boyd is on holidays but we are looking to get him into a Bulldogs jumper as soon as possible, so they are conscious of it

LostDoggy
17-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Simon Garlick has said Tom Boyd is on holidays but we are looking to get him into a Bulldogs jumper as soon as possible, so they are conscious of it

Have offered to have the club fly me out to wherever he's holidaying to give him a guernsey and snap a shot off my iphone.

Awaiting his reply.

KT31
17-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Have offered to have the club fly me out to wherever he's holidaying to give him a guernsey and snap a shot off my iphone.

Awaiting his reply.

Always said you were an overly generous bugger BAS, yell out if you need a hand with carrying the jumper and some one to take the shot.

lemmon
21-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Not sure where to put this but has anyone seen the short #bemorebulldog advertising videos that autoplay on all the club website's videos? They are seriously terrific, some of the sharpest work done by the media team in a very, very long time

Eastdog
21-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Not sure where to put this but has anyone seen the short #bemorebulldog advertising videos that autoplay on all the club website's videos? They are seriously terrific, some of the sharpest work done by the media team in a very, very long time

Are they the ones at the hospital and in the car park? Agree lemmon it's a good concept.

F'scary
21-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Imagine what it is going to be like in 2015 when he starts booting bags every week. It'll be like Ablett Snr, Lockett & Carey again. But this time for us!!!:)

Eastdog
21-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Imagine what it is going to be like in 2015 when he starts booting bags every week. It'll be like Ablett Snr, Lockett & Carey again. But this time for us!!!:)

Don't expect too much early on but yes I'm hopeful that he'll be a great full forward for us.

ledge
22-10-2014, 05:58 AM
If Macca was still coach he would be playing in the midfield in his first season then at fullback.

Happy Days
22-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Just getting Tom Boyd is the best marketing the club has ever done. I can't recall this level of press coverage ever being around the club.

LostDoggy
22-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Just getting Tom Boyd is the best marketing the club has ever done. I can't recall this level of press coverage ever being around the club.

Akermanis generated a fair bit. :D

bulldogtragic
21-11-2014, 04:17 PM
I still like The Tom Boyd Army for the cheer squad membership.

We've got to convert Bob love into members too, especially his pull to kids. Little Rascals Captain Club? (Junior members)???

LostDoggy
21-11-2014, 04:40 PM
I still like The Tom Boyd Army for the cheer squad membership.

We've got to convert Bob love into members too, especially his pull to kids. Little Rascals Captain Club? (Junior members)???

What about The Beveridge Club for alcoholics and binge drinkers who support the Bulldogs and attend games exclusively in the Locker Room?

Jeanette54
21-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Just as most politicians attend public speaking and media interview training, I think that a little of the same would be good for Luke Beveridge. I think it would increase his confidence in front of the lens and microphone, and therefore make it look less stress than it does now.

Not a criticism, I am very glad its him and not me who will be scrutinised; however it will make the club as a whole give a more professional appearance.

ps Note to club, if you do employ someone to do this please don't use Mick Malthouse's media coaching company. :-)

F'scary
21-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Here's a great idea for marketing the club: make Bob Murphy captain!

LostDoggy
24-11-2014, 08:34 AM
I'd like to see a range of scarves with every player represented. Most of us have a favourite, and would buy a Bontempelli or Stringer scarf. Others would love to wear a fringe players scarf. These could follow the lead of The People's Beard scarves, for example.

bulldogtragic
08-09-2015, 11:55 PM
Not to single anyone out, but brilliant SOS, but woofers have some brilliant ideas and the club reads this great forum. Any more great ideas in any aspect dear woofers?

This 8 announcements is a novel concept too.

azabob
09-09-2015, 07:19 AM
Making finals.

cinder
09-09-2015, 11:35 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I'm sick of seeing every club's clothing and merchandise in retail stores except ours. Don't know if that's the retailer's decision or WB's - but it's mega annoying. Not always feasible to get to the Bulldogs' shop.

Jeanette54
09-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I'm sick of seeing every club's clothing and merchandise in retail stores except ours. Don't know if that's the retailer's decision or WB's - but it's mega annoying. Not always feasible to get to the Bulldogs' shop.

Its also good to see heaps of Essendon stuff still for sale in our local $2 shop. (or whatever it takes) :-)

cinder
09-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Its also good to see heaps of Essendon stuff still for sale in our local $2 shop. (or whatever it takes) :-)

This is true! :cool:

Eze Dog
09-09-2015, 12:48 PM
I'd love to see/get a bulldogs chant going around the whole stadium just before the first bounce, starting as players are walking to their positions, to set the tone for the match and to say it's our home final and that the G is now our domain! Not just for this year but many to come!

bulldogtragic
21-09-2015, 05:36 PM

Ok, so who at the club came up with this and sent a members email out with it?

Greystache
21-09-2015, 06:38 PM

Funnily the mrs and I were looking for ugly Xmas jumpers on the weekend. $80 for a cheap acrylic novelty is a bit of a stretch though.

1eyedog
21-09-2015, 06:40 PM

I love it - not taking themselves too seriously.

boydogs
21-09-2015, 08:27 PM
All the clubs are doing it

https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11014924_10153581667824356_969914319612469453_n.png?oh=7db8a f3a275c7b5c9bbc96523f72995c&oe=56A68390

Ghost Dog
21-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Funnily the mrs and I were looking for ugly Xmas jumpers on the weekend. $80 for a cheap acrylic novelty is a bit of a stretch though.

Just wait a year. You'll get them in Savers at Footscray for 5 bucks. You can pick up a copy of Aker's Bio for 50 cents while you are at it.

bornadog
21-09-2015, 08:40 PM

Maybe Griffo might like to wear one.:D

Webby
21-09-2015, 08:57 PM
All the clubs are doing it

https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11014924_10153581667824356_969914319612469453_n.png?oh=7db8a f3a275c7b5c9bbc96523f72995c&oe=56A68390

Brendon Goddard's the creepiest thing to lurk behind Juliette Lewis since De Niro in Cape Fear..!

Rocco Jones
21-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Brendon Goddard's the creepiest thing to lurk behind Juliette Lewis since De Niro in Cape Fear..!

Well worked gag sir.

strebla
21-09-2015, 09:44 PM
I can still get a half a handful of lollies for 50 cents!!!!

AndrewP6
22-09-2015, 01:06 AM
I'll take $80 to wear it.

ledge
22-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Won't get me near it, even at a game with someone else wearing it, I don't want to be thought as associated with the person wearing it !

bornadog
22-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Won't get me near it, even at a game with someone else wearing it, I don't want to be thought as associated with the person wearing it !

Come on Ledge you would look great in one. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPd9KvUUYAAHn6x.jpg

ledge
23-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Come on Ledge you would look great in one. :D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPd9KvUUYAAHn6x.jpg

You know what's really scary
You have been to the club and actually taken photos of the set up ! :-)

bornadog
23-09-2015, 09:38 AM
You know what's really scary
You have been to the club and actually taken photos of the set up ! :-)

Wasn't me, came off a tweet from the Bulldog Shop.

ledge
23-09-2015, 05:21 PM
Wasn't me, came off a tweet from the Bulldog Shop.

That's what they all say :-)

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 12:35 AM
... Get those very happy Bulldogs and very popular Hemsworth brothers, and Miley too, into next year's marketing/advertising for memberships. I just heard on the news replay that their father played for Footscray. Do it! :D

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 01:22 AM
... Get those very happy Bulldogs and very popular Hemsworth brothers, and Miley too, into next year's marketing/advertising for memberships. I just heard on the news replay that their father played for Footscray. Do it! :D

Miley. Wrecking Ball. Clay Smith. That's enough to base an advertising campaign on.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Miley. Wrecking Ball. Clay Smith. That's enough to base an advertising campaign on.

We have a Miley fan! :D

I like it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-10-2016, 10:57 AM
We definitely need to leverage the support of the Hemsworth's.. especially Liam.. It can only enhance our membership prospects with the youngsters having such a recognisable figure such as Liam promoting the club.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 11:03 AM
We definitely need to leverage the support of the Hemsworth's.. especially Liam.. It can only enhance our membership prospects with the youngsters having such a recognisable figure such as Liam promoting the club.

They could ensure the Wild West Derby in the USA really takes hold and make a lot of money and open up that market for us.

LostDoggy
04-10-2016, 01:06 PM

I reckon Chris Hemsworth is the better option. Chris is Thor, how can you beat that?

1eyedog
04-10-2016, 01:09 PM
Social club and premiership circle has gone Scandinavian Beserker. The best marketing strategy the club could have possibly employed is winning a premiership.I renewed my membership yesterday and waited on the phone for 40 minutes to get my other child a seat next year FFS.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Eric Bana in a movie with Adam Sandler got a couple of minutes of his character watching St Kilda. Can we get that in a Hemsworth movie? I like they have footy cred with their father playing for Footscray.

strebla
05-10-2016, 01:28 AM
I have tried to find this but can find no reference???

comrade
05-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Not so much a marketing idea than a commercial idea.

Not sure if this has been tried because my membership rolls over but with the influx of new members and goodwill surrounding our club, why not have an automatic opt in of at least $20 that goes towards debt reduction.

If 15,000 members participate, there's $300,000 in year 1.

Our debt is currently our biggest issue. No is the time to strike and eradicate so we can continue to invest in our off field footy spending where we sit at around 14th or 15th. If we maintain that level, we will not achieve sustainable success.

I want the club to be Hawthorn-esque within 20 years. A premiership was exactly what we needed to kick start that trajectory but we need to make the right moves every step of the way.

Since Sunday, all I've been thinking about is how we can make the most of this generational opportunity.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-10-2016, 10:28 AM
I reckon Chris Hemsworth is the better option. Chris is Thor, how can you beat that?

D'oh.. that's who I meant

hujsh
05-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Not so much a marketing idea than a commercial idea.

Not sure if this has been tried because my membership rolls over but with the influx of new members and goodwill surrounding our club, why not have an automatic opt in of at least $20 that goes towards debt reduction.

If 15,000 members participate, there's $300,000 in year 1.

Our debt is currently our biggest issue. No is the time to strike and eradicate so we can continue to invest in our off field footy spending where we sit at around 14th or 15th. If we maintain that level, we will not achieve sustainable success.

I want the club to be Hawthorn-esque within 20 years. A premiership was exactly what we needed to kick start that trajectory but we need to make the right moves every step of the way.

Since Sunday, all I've been thinking about is how we can make the most of this generational opportunity.

We already have that for the womans team though. Wouldn't it look like a bit much having 2x$20 automatic opt-ins?

One thing that could be better is I can't find a way to upgrade my membership myself (I prefer self-service to calling in). Adding on to the membership is easy but upgrading from a 3 game membership to an 11 game membership doesn't seem to be doable. (not jumping on the bandwagon, I've moved to the CBD so it's easier to see the Dogs live next year)

comrade
05-10-2016, 10:31 AM
We already have that for the womans team though. Wouldn't it look like a bit much having 2x$20 automatic opt-ins?

One thing that could be better is I can't find a way to upgrade my membership myself (I prefer self-service to calling in). Adding on to the membership is easy but upgrading from a 3 game membership to an 11 game membership doesn't seem to be doable. (not jumping on the bandwagon, I've moved to the CBD so it's easier to see the Dogs live next year)

I might be out of touch but 2 X $20 opt ins isn't too much to see the club thrive.

ledge
05-10-2016, 11:54 AM
They should have hired a tattooist at the club for a month .. And advertised it .. I'm backing that's doing a huge trade at the moment.

hujsh
05-10-2016, 12:30 PM
I might be out of touch but 2 X $20 opt ins isn't too much to see the club thrive.

I thought it was a bit cheeky to include one at all TBH. I don't believe I was alone there either. I've still left it but didn't feel great about it.

comrade
05-10-2016, 12:34 PM
I thought it was a bit cheeky to include one at all TBH. I don't believe I was alone there either. I've still left it but didn't feel great about it.

I respect that position and don't expect most to be comfortable with an automatic opt in, especially two.

But if we want to pioneer women's footy and get off the ground floor in terms of footy spend, the members have to carry the burden somewhat. We don't have Audi and Emirates throwing wads of cash at us, though hopefully that changes.