PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Line Up

LostDoggy
16-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I had a crack at what I thought was our best 22. Let me know what you think?

F: Hrovat, T Boyd, L Dalhaus
HF: Stringer, Crameri, Grant
C: Bontempelli, M Boyd, McRae
HB: Murphy (C), Roughead, Wood
B: Johannisen, Morris (VC), Talia
Foll: Minson, Libba, Picken
Int: Stevens, Wallis, T Campbell, Hunter

Emergency: Dickson, Darley, Honeychurch

Also - I'm assuming that Coons is gone but he is a walk up into the 22 if he stays.

1eyedog
16-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Good team, very young isn't it. I'll have Smith in for Darley until he's cherry ripe to go.

w3design
16-10-2014, 12:21 PM
The team is starting to look really good.
Maybe Dickson in for Grant...

bulldogtragic
16-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Dahl Boyd Roughie
Grant Stringer Crameri
Bonts Hrovat Macrae
JJ Talia Bobby
Wood Roberts Morris
Minson Wallis Libba
Hunter, Boyd/Smith, Darley, Stevens or Picken if needed as a second tagger

Note:
Roughie playing second KPF and second ruck, similar to his cousin (Campbell & Ayce in the wings). Crameri/Stringer/Hunter/Dahl/Bonts all rotating through the forward line and midfield much like Hawthorn did very successfully this season. Multi dimensional forward line, tall and quick midfield.
I see no future in Pearce, Redpath or Austin. Not sure where the club goes from here. One of the latter as a tall defender for depth?
Honeychurch and Dickson close. Maybe Grants spot there.
A lot of rookies to develop at Footscray.

BulldogBelle
16-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Dahl Boyd Roughie
Grant Stringer Crameri
Bonts Hrovat Macrae
JJ Talia Bobby
Wood Roberts Morris
Minson Wallis Libba
Hunter, Boyd/Smith, Darley, Stevens or Picken if needed as a second tagger

Note:
Roughie playing second KPF and second ruck, similar to his cousin (Campbell & Ayce in the wings). Crameri/Stringer/Hunter/Dahl/Bonts all rotating through the forward line and midfield much like Hawthorn did very successfully this season. Multi dimensional forward line, tall and quick midfield.
I see no future in Pearce, Redpath or Austin. Not sure where the club goes from here. One of the latter as a tall defender for depth?
Honeychurch and Dickson close. Maybe Grants spot there.
A lot of rookies to develop at Footscray.

Good post. Pretty spot on I think based on potential, and I agree 100% on Roughead. I do disagree on Redpath though. As a role player he has value.

always right
16-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Everyone had Picken out of our side last year....and he went on to have an excellent season. I fully expect him to be in our best 22 again this season. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jong push up into our best 22. His explosiveness is something we really need.

Go_Dogs
16-10-2014, 10:01 PM
I always start with the backline first, I don't know why....but my crack (not a round 1 side) would be something like:

Morris, Roberts, Wood
Murphy, Talia, Biggs
Wallis, Liberatore, Macrae
Dahlhaus, Crameri, Bontempelli
Dickson, Boyd, Roughead
Minson, Stringer, Smith
Hunter, Hrovat, JJ, Stevens

whythelongface
16-10-2014, 11:27 PM

F: Hrovat (20), T Boyd (19), L Dalhaus (22)
HF: Stringer(20), Crameri (26) Grant (25)
C: Bontempelli (19),McRae (20)Wallis (22),
HB: Murphy (32) Roughead (24) Wood (25)
B: Johannisen (22), Morris (32), Talia (22)
Foll: Minson (29), Libba (22), Picken (28)
Int: Stevens (23), T Campbell (23), Hunter (20) M Boyd (32),

Also - I'm assuming that Coons is gone but he is a walk up into the 22 if he stays.

A good effort. I have swapped M Boyd and Wallis.

Age breakdown (at start of Rnd 1 2015)

19 x 2
20 x 4
21 x 0
22 x 5
23 x 2
24 x 1
25 x 2
26 x 1
28 x 1
29 x 1
32 x 3

16 of the team are 25 or under.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-10-2014, 11:27 PM
It shows how light on we are for defense, but I definitely like the idea and structure behind Boyd/Roughy/Crameri/Stringer forward. As mentioned above, Hawthorn have done that well with the likes of Hale playing forward regularly. If this works - we probably don't need to draft another key forward just yet, meaning we can draft for KPD's and outside skill/pace.

mighty_west
17-10-2014, 12:44 AM
B: Morris - Roberts - Wood
HB: Darley - Talia - Dalhaus
C: Johannisen - Boyd - Bontempelli
HF: Crameri - Stringer - Murphy
F: Roughead - Boyd - Hunter
FOLL: Minson - Macrae - Liberatore

INT: Wallis - Picken - Grant - Stevens

Changes from 2014 : Dahl with his pressure and run off half back, has been a bit unreliable in front of goal, so I'd like to see him given time down back, especially now with Higgins gone and Murphy who I've slotted up fwd, to give our attack an extra lead up player from the half fwd line, Granty obviously another option up fwd

Talia and Roberts down back are virtually two new recruits having played little game time this season, allows Roughy to switch up fwd as our second ruck option and two pronged tall fwd line alongside Boyd.

The Underdog
17-10-2014, 07:49 AM
It's going to be an extraordinarily thin Backline whichever way you look at it. We better win in the midfield or there could be some ugly games.

Bumper Bulldogs
17-10-2014, 08:15 AM
F: Stringer, T Boyd, Smith
HF: Hrovat, Crameri, Dalhaus
B: Johannisen, Morris (VC), Picken
Int: Stevens, Wallis, Darley, Hunter

Grant will need to earn a spot, Talia has a huge part to play and needs to get moving, Honeychurch needs to start to apply pressure to the forwards or a spot also.

With a look to 2016 season, we will more than likely be without Murphy, Morris & Boyd. We need some serious work done with the backs we have on the list.

w3design
17-10-2014, 08:33 AM
F: Stringer, T Boyd, Smith
HF: Hrovat, Crameri, Dalhaus
B: Johannisen, Morris (VC), Picken
Int: Stevens, Wallis, Darley, Hunter

Grant will need to earn a spot, Talia has a huge part to play and needs to get moving, Honeychurch needs to start to apply pressure to the forwards or a spot also.

With a look to 2016 season, we will more than likely be without Murphy, Morris & Boyd. We need some serious work done with the backs we have on the list.

Picken is going to be pretty buggered, running 2 positions at once.....;) (In the middle AND back pocket)

Mantis
17-10-2014, 08:44 AM
It's going to be an extraordinarily thin Backline whichever way you look at it. We better win in the midfield or there could be some ugly games.

Is that likely?

We have just lost our best and most dynamic midfielder.. Our clearly 2nd best mid has really struggled in the past when tagged, and he can expect to be sat on in every game next year.

We are going to need the likes of Dahlahuas, Hrovat, Jong, etc. to really step up in 2015.

bornadog
17-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Is that likely?

We have just lost our best and most dynamic midfielder.. Our clearly 2nd best mid has really struggled in the past when tagged, and he can expect to be sat on in every game next year.

We are going to need the likes of Dahlahuas, Hrovat, Jong, etc. to really step up in 2015.

and Libba is going to have to learn to play with a tag.

Sedat
17-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Is that likely?

Based on 2014 form, we had a compromised Griffen a free-wheeling Cooney and a one-way Higgins. Our young midfield core stood up more than expected and actually influenced what was happening out on the field almost as much as some of the senior players. It is not too much to expect continued improvement from Bont, Macrae, Hrovat, Stringer, Libba, Wallis and Dahl but if there is a stagnation in their development, or if the injury bugs hits us hard, things could get ugly next year.

The one who I really think will have extra opposition heat put on them next year is Macrae. His numbers for a 2nd year player were off the scale, and I think he will feel Griffen's loss moreso than the rest in 2015.

Was very important to retain Matthew Boyd as part of our midfield group next year - I expect him to do a lot of the heavy lifting to chop out the younger bodies and help out Libba at the stoppages. Ditto Picken spending a little more time in the middle to help out on the rotations. Koby Stevens is another player who I hold hope for being able to assist in the heavy lifting in the coalface - he's not suited to outside run and distribution because he has poor peripheral vision and makes poor decisions with ball in hand, but in tight he could thrive with the added responsibility that Griffen's loss will require.

always right
17-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Here's the team I want to see based on my hope for certain players to take a big step forward;

Dahl Boyd Stringer
Grant Crameri Bonts
JJ Boyd Macrae
Wood Talia Murphy
Picken Roughy Morris
Minson Wallis Libba
Hunter, Hrovat, Stevens, Roberts

Left out Smith as he won't be available round one. Wouldn't surprise to see Jong in for Grant and a re-shuffle of positions.

whythelongface
17-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Based on 2014 form, we had a compromised Griffen a free-wheeling Cooney and a one-way Higgins. Our young midfield core stood up more than expected and actually influenced what was happening out on the field almost as much as some of the senior players. It is not too much to expect continued improvement from Bont, Macrae, Hrovat, Stringer, Libba, Wallis and Dahl but if there is a stagnation in their development, or if the injury bugs hits us hard, things could get ugly next year.

The one who I really think will have extra opposition heat put on them next year is Macrae. His numbers for a 2nd year player were off the scale, and I think he will feel Griffen's loss moreso than the rest in 2015.

Was very important to retain Matthew Boyd as part of our midfield group next year - I expect him to do a lot of the heavy lifting to chop out the younger bodies and help out Libba at the stoppages. Ditto Picken spending a little more time in the middle to help out on the rotations. Koby Stevens is another player who I hold hope for being able to assist in the heavy lifting in the coalface - he's not suited to outside run and distribution because he has poor peripheral vision and makes poor decisions with ball in hand, but in tight he could thrive with the added responsibility that Griffen's loss will require.

Some very astute obvservations Sedat and I certainly agree (in hindsight) that the retention of Boyd was critical for our midfield. He certainly is a required player to lead this midfield of young pups. I also believe that the added responsibilty will do the younger lads good - they have all been in the system (except Bonts) for the last couple of years and been given plenty of game time. They will be ready for the challenges ahead - I am really looking forward to seeing them blossom.

Sedat
17-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Some very astute obvservations Sedat and I certainly agree (in hindsight) that the retention of Boyd was critical for our midfield. He certainly is a required player to lead this midfield of young pups. I also believe that the added responsibilty will do the younger lads good - they have all been in the system (except Bonts) for the last couple of years and been given plenty of game time. They will be ready for the challenges ahead - I am really looking forward to seeing them blossom.
The big problem we have that Mantis and others have alluded to is that our midfield depth has been significantly reduced now. Injuries in this area will hurt us big time. I know we need key defenders but we can't neglect the midfield at next month's draft - we need to bolster the quality in this area for the future. On the plus side, Prudden and Honeychurch are like new recruits for us and are natural midfielders and ball winners.

Bulldog4life
17-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Talking about mid fielders I wonder if Ronnie Biggs will be earmarked for there or half back. I notice he isn't in any of the teams picked.

GVGjr
17-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Talking about mid fielders I wonder if Ronnie Biggs will be earmarked for there or half back. I notice he isn't in any of the teams picked.

I guess it's hard to pick him given he has very limited experience and given there would be an assumption of no injuries other than Smith. What Biggs might be able to do if he can hold down a defenders role is allow for Johannisen to be moved into more into the midfield. JJ isn't bad at creating a goal and also adding some more run into the midfield. That might be invaluable move for us.

I tend to think that we would be hoping Biggs could be a replacement for Murphy somewhere down the track.

Mofra
17-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Interesting isn't it - he could be the player we wanted Fuller to be, although Biggs seems more of a "mid turned back" who will run the ball.
I still like Darley too - best short kick we have on the list.

1eyedog
17-10-2014, 02:03 PM
The big problem we have that Mantis and others have alluded to is that our midfield depth has been significantly reduced now. Injuries in this area will hurt us big time. I know we need key defenders but we can't neglect the midfield at next month's draft - we need to bolster the quality in this area for the future. On the plus side, Prudden and Honeychurch are like new recruits for us and are natural midfielders and ball winners.

A lot depends on how well Smith comes back from injury and whether Dahl can spend more time in the midfield. We still have options outside of Wallis, Libba and Boyd with MaCrae, Honeychurch, Hrovat, Stevens and perhaps Stringer and Jong but these players are really burst midfielders rather than first choice ones. They are also all very inexperienced.

We'll be rotating through there fairly intensively next season with only Libba and Boyd now being available as first choice mids.

bornadog
17-10-2014, 03:20 PM
A lot depends on how well Smith comes back from injury and whether Dahl can spend more time in the midfield. We still have options outside of Wallis, Libba and Boyd with MaCrae, Honeychurch, Hrovat, Stevens and perhaps Stringer and Jong but these players are really burst midfielders rather than first choice ones. They are also all very inexperienced.

We'll be rotating through there fairly intensively next season with only Libba and Boyd now being available as first choice mids.

Don't forget Bonti.

craigsahibee
17-10-2014, 08:25 PM

F: Hrovat, T Boyd, L Dalhaus
HF: Stringer, Crameri, Grant
B: Johannisen, Morris (VC), Talia
Int: Stevens, Wallis, T Campbell, Hunter

I would seriously consider Jong for M Boyd. Not every week, but try to give him plenty of exposure. Hoping Roberts comes on also. Would love to see some development in the back 6 to allow Murphy some time up forward to nurture T Boyd and play a role in a fwd line containing T Boyd, Crameri, Stringer and Dahlhaus.
Giddy Up

Pickenitup
17-10-2014, 08:43 PM
BJJ Roughhead Morris
Hb Murphy Talia Wood
C Macrae M Boyd Bontempelli
HF Grant Crameri Dahl
F Stringer T Boyd Hrovat
R Minson Wallis Libba
Inter Stevens Campbell Jong Picken

Hunter Darley Really stiff think we are going to have a lot of selection headaches next year.

Pedro Sanchez
17-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Those picking Talia as a starting backman just doesnt stack up to me. The guy was a long way off it this season and would behind Austin at the very least. Which says a lot.

The other dilemma is to see what happens to Crameri with the ASADA case. He could be out for a good whack of time too...

Anyway just some thoughts. Here's also hoping Prudden blossoms next season too. Could be a smokey.

F'scary
17-10-2014, 08:54 PM
B Picken Roughhead Morris, JJ
Hb Murphy Talia Wood, Dahlhaus
C Macrae M Boyd Bontempelli, Crameri, Hrovat, Stringer
F T Boyd
R Minson Wallis Libba
Inter Stevens Jong Biggs Grant

ledge
17-10-2014, 09:13 PM
I think Roberts would get a game before Talia

Scorlibo
17-10-2014, 11:38 PM
B - Wood - Roughead - Picken
HB - Johannisen - Morris - Murphy

Wood and Picken are dependable in the backline, and Roughy should be too with an injury-free run. I don't see how we could take him away from the backline, he showed real progress down there in some games this year, and we have so few other options. JJ is comfortably best 22 but we can't afford for him to have a 17-odd-round warm up to the season like he did this year. Morris has been a champion, but we desperately need Talia or Roberts to come on and take some pressure away from him. We are incredibly short on down back. Wouldn't it be a bonus if Fuller made a miracle out of his second year?

C - Macrae - Liberatore - Bontempelli
Foll - Minson - Wallis - Boyd

All of a sudden our midfield doesn't look quite so deep. It would be a good result for Clay Smith to come back next year and push his way into this mix, or Josh Prudden for that matter, whose fortune has to change sooner or later. It's an incredibly exciting midfield for the future. I'm expecting big things from Mitch Wallis this season, I believe he can be under-sung anchor of this side moving forward, his best this year and last has been wonderful.

HF - Hrovat - Grant - Crameri
F - Stringer - Boyd - Dahlhaus

Hrovat will get to spend more time in the midfield with Griff gone, I'm not sold he's a long term option through there yet though, and would prefer to see him play as a semi-defensive forward, DFA style, but with more style. Grant plays his best footy roaming here and there around CHF, leading hard. Crammers and the Beast are the two main avenues to goal, but it wouldn't shock me to see all of Grant, Crameri, Stringer, Boyd and Dahlhaus kick 25+ goals next season. IMO Lukey plays his best footy where he can be a pain in the ass, but as with Hrovat he will get considerable time in the midfield - enough for us to see if he has a future there.

I - Hunter - Stevens - Campbell - Darley

Hopefully Footscray can remain very competitive and drive some competition for spots to go with it.

Rocco Jones
17-10-2014, 11:46 PM
B: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: JJ, Talia, Murphy
C: Dahlhaus, M. Boyd, Picken
HF: Hrovat, Crameri, Bontempelli
F: Stringer, T. Boyd, Grant
R: Minson, Macrae, Liberatore
I/C: Waliis, Jong, Cordy, Stevens

If Jong is to play, IMO he MUST play in the engine room. His liabilities are exposed at HBF and his strengths aren't really used. I would love to see us give him a go.

Cordy to get first dibs at 2nd ruck/forward role but Campbell and Redpath not far off. I reckon Redpath's competitive nature will stint short stints there.

josie
17-10-2014, 11:52 PM
I think Roberts would get a game before Talia

Agree. I liked what I saw of Roberts - what little we saw of him in the seniors. I think he is more composed, not as slow as Talia and better disposal. Would love both of them to step up of course.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 02:35 AM
B: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: JJ, Talia, Murphy
C: Dahlhaus, M. Boyd, Picken
HF: Hrovat, Crameri, Bontempelli
F: Stringer, T. Boyd, Grant
R: Minson, Macrae, Liberatore
I/C: Waliis, Jong, Cordy, Stevens

If Jong is to play, IMO he MUST play in the engine room. His liabilities are exposed at HBF and his strengths aren't really used. I would love to see us give him a go.

Cordy to get first dibs at 2nd ruck/forward role but Campbell and Redpath not far off. I reckon Redpath's competitive nature will stint short stints there.

Would only exchange Roberts for Talia in your line-up.

Unlike others I think things will catch up with Picken quicker than we think. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have a role in the side when a new coach comes in and demands other attributes to come to the fore, compared to the attributes he possesses. At the end of the day, not many top line clubs have a Picken in their line up.

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Backs

Murphy

Morris

Roberts

Half Backs

Johannisen

Roughead

Wood

Centers

Macrae

M.Boyd

Stevens

Half Forwards

Dahlhaus

Crameri

Bontempelli

Forwards

Stinger

T.Boyd

Hunter

Rucks

Minson

Wallis

Liberatore

I/C

Hrovat

Picken

Cordy

Jong

Dickson

Darley

I couldn't find a spot for Grant as the forward line is already tall and I think we need players like Hunter to be given opportunities to play in the midfield. Stevens has to start on the ground as he becomes a leader now and it's time for him to step up.

I'm tempted to replace Cordy and just use Roughead to give Minson a break. Wood can play tall and maybe Darley comes into the mix

1eyedog
18-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Other than Boyd ever other player in your forward line can play a variety of roles. I'd have Grant on the bench probably at the expense of Darley. I don't think it's necessary to have Wood, Darley and JJ all in the same team. If Biggs comes in he is potentially competing for one of these places too. I see him replacing Murph in two years. If he can find some form Grant provides a far greater point of difference than Darley.

Furthermore, Grant doesn't really play tall. In reality I think we only really have one tall up forward, although Stringer is starting to play like one.

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Other than Boyd ever other player in your forward line can play a variety of roles. I'd have Grant on the bench probably at the expense of Darley. I don't think it's necessary to have Wood, Darley and JJ all in the same team. If Biggs comes in he is potentially competing for one of these places too. I see him replacing Murph in two years. If he can find some form Grant provides a far greater point of difference than Darley.

Furthermore, Grant doesn't really play tall. In reality I think we only really have one tall up forward, although Stringer is starting to play like one.

While Grant doesn't play tall but I would prefer Hunter to him as he will take a turn or two in the midfield and Grant is more or less stuck in the forward line. Bontempelli doesn't play tall either and that makes it harder for me to include Grant.
With the players we have moved on we need to support the likes of Liberatore, Boyd, Wallis and Stevens with as many midfield options.

I really like what I have seen of Biggs but it's hard right now to have him in our 'best side'.

I have just edited my side and included Dickson ahead of Honeychurch and he is another player that makes a Grant selection harder to justify. Now if Grant had the tank to play as a half back flanker I'd certainly have him in the mix.

Finally on Grant, there are some synergies with him and Stringer as they seem to have a real rapport on the field. If we had a better midfield I think I could get Grant into the side.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Dickson is too easily forgotten, I'm just as guilty as anyone of it.

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 11:05 AM

The injuries often put him to the back of the queue in our thoughts.

The more I keep looking at our likely side for next year I'm convinced we need to get as many running players into the line-up as we can. We seriously lack depth there and we have to make sure the likes of Johannisen, Darley, Jong, Hunter, Hrovat and Biggs are given plenty of opportunities.

Go_Dogs
18-10-2014, 11:10 AM

The more I keep looking at our likely side for next year I'm convinced we need to get as many running players into the line-up as we can. We seriously lack depth there and we have to make sure the likes of Johannisen, Darley, Jong, Hunter, Hrovat and Biggs are given plenty of opportunities.

Completely agree. We are starting to build a good mix of running players, and some strong bodied players too, who can all take turns through the middle. What we lack is really, midfield-first players but I think in 12 months time we'll have a enviable level of depth that can rotate through. It will be good for us as the interchange cap rules come in too, as all of Stringer, Bonti, Hunter, Hrovat, Dahl, Smith etc can all take turns forward and through the middle, whilst hopefully JJ, Darley and Biggs can do the same from the backline.

Scorlibo
18-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Completely agree. We are starting to build a good mix of running players, and some strong bodied players too, who can all take turns through the middle. What we lack is really, midfield-first players but I think in 12 months time we'll have a enviable level of depth that can rotate through. It will be good for us as the interchange cap rules come in too, as all of Stringer, Bonti, Hunter, Hrovat, Dahl, Smith etc can all take turns forward and through the middle, whilst hopefully JJ, Darley and Biggs can do the same from the backline.

Agree, especially with M. Boyd nearing the end. It would be very handy if Prudden and Smith could return to fitness, or at least one of them.

Mantis
18-10-2014, 12:55 PM

I see he him as a stop gap measure rather than someone we want to or need to persevere with.. Would much rather we push for the likes of Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Hunter and Honeychurch to play the small forward role with Dickson as back-up.

Sure he might kick us 25 goals for the year, but he is a limited player and given we are in development mode I prefer others.

boydogs
18-10-2014, 01:30 PM
You're all going a touch early, still the draft ahead which could have a couple of round 1 starters in it

Bulldog4life
18-10-2014, 01:42 PM
You're all going a touch early, still the draft ahead which could have a couple of round 1 starters in it

Thinking the same thing myself.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Agree on the thoughts re: the need for flexible running mids, which is why I think it makes it difficult for both Grant and Dickson. Neither one of them can take a turn in the midfield and unless they are in good form, quickly become a liability. I like both of them (when they are on), both are capable of kicking 25-35 goals in a year, but it'll be difficult for them to cement a position from this point forward.

We really need a few surprise packets to step up and help out eg. Smith returning from injury and Prudden.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 02:31 PM
Thinking a little tactically, Thomas the Tank Engine shouldn't have to be chasing far upfield. Opposition sides will in fact try this on by pitting defenders with a bit of run against him playing to instructions to make Boyd chase up the ground as much as possible. Puff him out, keep him out of position. Therefore, I think we need to position one or two players near Boyd who are especiallygood at being defensive forwards. Essentially, they are going to have to do a lot of the chasing for him. The obvious candidate is Dahlhaus. Crameri, with his massive tank, might be another.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Forward line

Crameri will get rubbed out for part of the season at least, and IMO we need another big man to take the heat off Boyd in only his second season. Up here in Sydney, I've seen a bit of Boyd play, and mobility isn't his strong suit.

Who might that be?

Options include Campbell (another first ruck, lacks mobility), Redpath, A. Cordy (tall, highly mobile ruck/forward would be be perfect if only he could he play) or Roughead (wasn't flash when he played forward, but then again, he's not a flash FB either).

Looks like it would be Redpath or Roughead then, but hardly ideal.

So a forward line without Crameri might look like this:

Hunter Redpath/Roughead Grant
Dalhaus Boyd Stringer

Obviously various mids could rotate through tree too, e.g. Bonts, the Rat and Stevens.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Back line

IMO Murphy and Morris just started to show one or two signs of the end last season, and if we overly rely upon them next season they may not last the season.

IMO we can't have Morris taking the biggest and best forward every week. And should Roughead play forward, then we really need to to try Roberts and Talia.

Talia, Morris, Wood, Picken and JJ are all either limited or flawed kicks, dunno about Roberts. We can't just rely upon Murphy for kicking rebound. IMO at least one of Biggs and/or Darley must play. I think Biggs' development is ahead of Darley.

Therefore the back line might look like:

Murphy Roberts Morris
Biggs Talia Wood

Yes, I don't like the look of that either, but we have been grooming Roberts and Talia for those roles.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Forward line

Crameri will get rubbed out for part of the season at least, and IMO we need another big man to take the heat off Boyd in only his second season. Up here in Sydney, I've seen a bit of Boyd play, and mobility isn't his strong suit.

Who might that be?

Options include Campbell (another first ruck, lacks mobility), Redpath, A. Cordy (tall, highly mobile ruck/forward would be be perfect if only he could he play) or Roughead (wasn't flash when he played forward, but then again, he's not a flash FB either).

Looks like it would be Redpath or Roughead then, but hardly ideal.

So a forward line without Crameri might look like this:

Hunter Redpath/Roughead Grant
Dalhaus Boyd Stringer

Obviously various mids could rotate through tree too, e.g. Bonts, the Rat and Stevens.

I am concerned that another goal square type tall, e.g., resting ruckman, will only get in the way and will offer zilch when Boyd doesn't mark the ball.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Midfield and ruck

Presume Minson gets first dibs on ruck if fit, but hopefully Campbell with get games.

We have 4 big mids in Macrae, Stevens, Jong and Bonts. Wallis and Libba in the guts. Some speed/nippiness with Hrovat and JJ.

That's 8 out of nine (5 on the field, 3 on the bench plus one sub). Last spot goes to Picken or Boyd or Smith or Prudden (Boyd and Smith have injury problems) or some faster players like Honeychurch or Darley.

Not a whole lot of depth there.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 03:02 PM
I am concerned that another goal square type tall, e.g., resting ruckman, will only get in the way and will offer zilch when Boyd doesn't mark the ball.

Agreed. Maybe it has to be Redpath. Does Roughead have sufficient mobility?

F'scary
18-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Agreed. Maybe it has to be Redpath. Does Roughead have sufficient mobility?

I'd like to start off with the premise that we need to get the ball to Boyd rather than commit another player deep who is a goal square type marking player. Stringer, on the other hand, has mobility and is also a marking threat that could complement Boyd. Roughead is ok but I would keep that one for plan B if it looks like we could in fact capitalise on the extra telegraph pole in the goal square.

josie
18-10-2014, 03:09 PM
The 4 or so VFL games I saw made me think Honeychurch is a real (inside rather than outside) midfield option. This, and Jong's promising form, might help in light of the loss of Griffen.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 03:16 PM
I'd like to start off with the premise that we need to get the ball to Boyd rather than commit another player deep who is a goal square type marking player. Stringer, on the other hand, has mobility and is also a marking threat that could complement Boyd. Roughead is ok but I would keep that one for plan B if it looks like we could in fact capitalise on the extra telegraph pole in the goal square.

Won't Boyd get tripled teamed?

IIRC and before my time, some big guy (Coleman?) helped out a young Chris Grant.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 03:16 PM
The 4 or so VFL games I saw made me think Honeychurch is a real (inside rather than outside) midfield option. This, and Jong's promising form, might help in light of the loss of Griffen.

Agreed. Honeychurch could be a real surprise packet.

Webby
18-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Remember when Essendon moved promising, bulky forward, Michael Hurley down back? He became an All Australian defender, from memory, after hardly playing down back - ever...

Has anyone put any thought into the coaching staff trying Redpath down back? Last year, watching Morris and Roughie labouring against opposition gorillas made me think that there might be a place there for Redpath.

I personally don't think he quite has what it takes to be a forward. Big turning circle and not quite soft enough hands. However he's hard to move off the ball and is difficult to outmark. Perhaps in our desperation for a big KPF, we were a bit blinkered in our thinking with him..? Particularly with Joel Corey and Matthew Scarlett amongst our assistant coaches, I think last season might've been an opportunity missed. I know they dabbled with him a bit down back, but didn't really stick with it. I think maybe our desire to win games in the VFL might've overshadowed a development opportunity.. Now with a VFL flag and Boyd under our belts, we might open up our minds??

To me, he could become an A grade AFL defender with the right mentoring. Forwards need an extra touch of class, however with his tools, we may have a very, very good backman on our hands.... Whilst Roughie might be a very, very handy 2nd tall forward...?

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 04:32 PM
DR, it's a bit hard at the moment to debate the number of worst case scenarios or contingency plans you have detailed. We will have at least 8 new additions in the next 6 weeks enough and maybe then we can debate if or when Crameri will be rubbed out, Boyd tripled teamed or if Morris and Murphy are slowing down.

I'd be interested to hear how you think the selections should be on what we currently know or what your gut feel says.

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Webby, Redpath did play a few games as a key defender for Footscray and the idea has some merit. If he has the run in his legs it might be worth a try.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 04:39 PM
DR, it's a bit hard at the moment to debate the number of worst case scenarios or contingency plans you have detailed. We will have at least 8 new additions in the next 6 weeks enough and maybe then we can debate if or when Crameri will be rubbed out, Boyd tripled teamed or if Morris and Murphy are slowing down.

I'd be interested to hear how you think the selections should be on what we currently know or what your gut feel says.

That is what my gut feel tells me. ASADA is coming, and I'd be surprised if Boyd snr, Morris and Murphy all get through the season unscathed.

GVGjr
18-10-2014, 04:40 PM
That is what my gut feel tells me. ASADA is coming, and I'd be surprised if Boyd snr, Morris and Murphy all get through the season unscathed.

So how is your likely line up looking?

F'scary
18-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Won't Boyd get tripled teamed?

IIRC and before my time, some big guy (Coleman?) helped out a young Chris Grant.

If they are triple teaming him, that's 2 other guys free. WB's task is to make teams who adopt that strategy pay. Funny, it seems that having Boyd in our side will present more strategic options for us than having a side full of midfielders and 2nd rate key forwards did.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Agreed. Honeychurch could be a real surprise packet.

Shouldn't be any surprises, the 'Church had excellent TAC credentials and should have gone 20-30 picks higher. But we are not complaining.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Webby, Redpath did play a few games as a key defender for Footscray and the idea has some merit. If he has the run in his legs it might be worth a try.

I'd go with trying to turn him into a KPB too.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Perhaps try Cambell at CHF if Minson is going to be the solo ruck again, which seems to be the best fit for him.

Dry Rot
18-10-2014, 07:25 PM
So how is your likely line up looking?

See posts 46, 47 and 49. Don't like the look of my back line though.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I'd go with trying to turn him into a KPB too.

Actually, I more curious about recruiting that Adelaide KPB that's been delisted than turning Redpath into a CHB.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Shouldn't be any surprises, the 'Church had excellent TAC credentials and should have gone 20-30 picks higher. But we are not complaining.

I think the Church went at just about the right time. He's still, irrespective of good showing in the VFL this year, even money at best to become a solid senior footballer for a long period of time.

Firstly we have a number of players on our list of similar type already ahead of him, and then across the league there's a huge number of players of a similar vein struggling without a significant point of difference compared to their competitors.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops though. Ideally he'll be a hard worker who's thoughtful and responsible with his ball use and safe around goals, and if he can tick those boxes it will come down to how strong and fit he can become over the next few years.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 08:56 PM

I see he him as a stop gap measure rather than someone we want to or need to persevere with.. Would much rather we push for the likes of Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Hunter and Honeychurch to play the small forward role with Dickson as back-up.

Sure he might kick us 25 goals for the year, but he is a limited player and given we are in development mode I prefer others.

I think there's definitely a spot for a small specialist forward in our line up, and it's there for Dickson to take. As long as he keeps up his fitness and is able to play defensively as well as he attacks consistently then he offers something we don't really have.

It's a position that is underestimated in its importance, and underestimated in its degree of difficulty to play well. You're basically at the mercy of the ball movement your team is able to conjure up, while you're also required to be at the top of your game to make the most of limited opportunities.

However, if the position is played properly it puts defenders on notice, and makes your team a lot more difficult to defend against as defenders have to be accountable to it which frees up other forwards.

When it isn't played well, the player playing it becomes substitute fodder and this limits the team's options.

boydogs
18-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I think the Church went at just about the right time. He's still, irrespective of good showing in the VFL this year, even money at best to become a solid senior footballer for a long period of time.

Disagree, he's already had some good games despite being very small. His manic attack on the ball combined with a more solid body will make him a good player.

His junior performances would have had him top 30, he was overlooked due to doubts over whether he could step up against men but I think he already has

jeemak
18-10-2014, 09:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how much improvement he has in him. I just think it's a bit early to jump on a player after one year, though I do think the signs are good.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 09:34 PM

Firstly we have a number of players on our list of similar type already ahead of him, and then across the league there's a huge number of players of a similar vein struggling without a significant point of difference compared to their competitors.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops though. Ideally he'll be a hard worker who's thoughtful and responsible with his ball use and safe around goals, and if he can tick those boxes it will come down to how strong and fit he can become over the next few years.

I'm hoping that we get a really good mosquito fleet to compliment our bigger bodied mids & forwards. Dahlhaus is a star, Hrovat looks the goods. I'm backing the Church for the trifecta.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm hoping that we get a really good mosquito fleet to compliment our bigger bodied mids & forwards. Dahlhaus is a star, Hrovat looks the goods. I'm backing the Church for the trifecta.

We also have Hunter who looks like he might be a very good user of the footy and creative player once he matures.

Dahlhaus for mine has developed exceptionally well considering his original recruited position. I just hope he can tidy up on his finishing and overall use by foot as he gets a bit older, stronger and fitter. The finishing in particular is my big knock on him at the moment, I'll find it hard to call him a star if he can't consistently convert opportunities he should see as his bread and butter.

F'scary
18-10-2014, 10:03 PM
We also have Hunter who looks like he might be a very good user of the footy and creative player once he matures.

Dahlhaus for mine has developed exceptionally well considering his original recruited position. I just hope he can tidy up on his finishing and overall use by foot as he gets a bit older, stronger and fitter. The finishing in particular is my big knock on him at the moment, I'll find it hard to call him a star if he can't consistently convert opportunities he should see as his bread and butter.

Hunter is that bit taller and also plays a bit taller - going for marks like he does.

Dahlhaus: agree with you but interestingly he would have to be one of our most tradeable players. His strong points are good ones and have given him a profile with opposition teams. It is just the finishing.

jeemak
18-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Hunter is that bit taller and also plays a bit taller - going for marks like he does.

Dahlhaus: agree with you but interestingly he would have to be one of our most tradeable players. His strong points are good ones and have given him a profile with opposition teams. It is just the finishing.

I stated prior to the trade period that Dahl was a player I would have been comfortable in packaging for a very good deal. Readily I'll admit I'm unforgiving towards his lapses in finishing and general use by foot, though I'll admit he did have a good year transitioning to the midfield and think as time goes by he'll have a game that is less dependent on having to convert opportunities in front of goal.

What I do love about him is his competitiveness in aerial contests, and his ability to get the loose ball off the ground and into his hands, which is certainly something that is useful in the forward line (as would be expected from a small forward) but represents a point of difference in the midfield for somebody his size.

Really glad we get to keep him because I think he can tidy up a lot of his deficiencies as he matures and becomes fitter.

whythelongface
19-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Any possibility that Grant can play up the ground a bit more. He has some speed and is quite elusive. Was thinking out on the wing as a link player. Though I am concerned about his disposal. Maybe he could rotate through between wing and the forward line. To undertake such a role he would need to improve his tank capacity significantly in the off season.

jeemak
19-10-2014, 01:04 AM
Any possibility that Grant can play up the ground a bit more. He has some speed and is quite elusive. Was thinking out on the wing as a link player. Though I am concerned about his disposal. Maybe he could rotate through between wing and the forward line. To undertake such a role he would need to improve his tank capacity significantly in the off season.

I think you've nailed it in your last point, he really needs to improve his tank to be a more rounded player though some might say he needs to do it just to be relevant as a half forward or a forward pocket type player.

The game has moved on to the point where a player like Grant, whilst in starting position gets to play deep however, when the ball isn't in his area needs to be up around the wing. I really question whether he has the capacity to get fit enough to start high up the ground, work back and then work up again after the ball begins to move from our defence into attack.

He should be at a point in his career where he is as fit as a fiddle, and has the fitness base to do all that is required of him - but he doesn't. Seriously, I get that he's had some injury issues throughout his career but he's entering into his eighth preseason with questions over his fitness to play his role. That worries me, I'd like to think it worries him as well.

So I guess the answer at this point is no, he doesn't. It will be interesting to see how a new set of hands over the squad plays out for Grant. He's the biggest unknown on our list right now.

Greystache
19-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Remember when Essendon moved promising, bulky forward, Michael Hurley down back? He became an All Australian defender, from memory, after hardly playing down back - ever...

Has anyone put any thought into the coaching staff trying Redpath down back? Last year, watching Morris and Roughie labouring against opposition gorillas made me think that there might be a place there for Redpath.

I personally don't think he quite has what it takes to be a forward. Big turning circle and not quite soft enough hands. However he's hard to move off the ball and is difficult to outmark. Perhaps in our desperation for a big KPF, we were a bit blinkered in our thinking with him..? Particularly with Joel Corey and Matthew Scarlett amongst our assistant coaches, I think last season might've been an opportunity missed. I know they dabbled with him a bit down back, but didn't really stick with it. I think maybe our desire to win games in the VFL might've overshadowed a development opportunity.. Now with a VFL flag and Boyd under our belts, we might open up our minds??

To me, he could become an A grade AFL defender with the right mentoring. Forwards need an extra touch of class, however with his tools, we may have a very, very good backman on our hands.... Whilst Roughie might be a very, very handy 2nd tall forward...?

Hurley was drafted as a defender and played all his Junior footy there. Hird in his genius tried to turn him into a forward with no success. He's also never even been close to All Australian. He's pretty limited player, a bit small, and quite slow.

LostDoggy
05-11-2014, 12:29 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-05/back-on-track

Pics of the guys (halfway down)

Jake, JH, BBBTB and someone wearing a hoodie

soupman
05-11-2014, 12:43 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-05/back-on-track

Pics of the guys (halfway down)

Jake, JH, BBBTB and someone wearing a hoodie

Libba.

Also in the video on the club website Joel Corey appears which would be a pretty strong indication that unlike Scarlett and Mooney he is hanging around.

GVGjr
05-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Libba.

Also in the video on the club website Joel Corey appears which would be a pretty strong indication that unlike Scarlett and Mooney he is hanging around.
Corey has a contract for 2015

F'scary
09-11-2014, 03:42 PM
My November guess at our round 1 lineup:

B: Morris Talia Picken

HB: Muphy Hamling Wood

W: Macrae M Boyd Wallis

HF: Dahlhaus Bontempelli Crameri

F: Stringer T Boyd Roughead

R: Minson Liberatore Hrovat

Interchange: Stevens, Johannisen, Jong, Grant (s)

Assumption: none of our draftees will be ready for round 1.

Notes: Obvious items of curiosity are
a) the inclusion of Hamling - I'm backing this guy for round 1 which isn't hard to do due to lack of competition for a key back spot and I suspect he will be ahead of Roberts and Redpath for selection because Roberts is slow when the ball is on the deck and hasn't shown great aptitude at scrambling either when it is required. Redpath is still a project player and will play mostly the VFL in 2015.
b) BonT at CHF. He can play anywhere so why not in this pivotal role?
c) Talia at FB. If we are not playing Roughead there, we have no-one else other than Roberts and Talia deserves a chance to show his wares following reasonable development in the VFL last year.
d) Roughead at FP: has shown he is a true utility, why not start him here as the 2nd ruck when Minson goes to the bench and a forward marking threat to take the heat off the potential for the double teaming of Boyd? He can be switched to the backline if it is warranted.
e) non selection of Hunter, Dickson, Honeychurch - I suspect there will be plenty of opportunities for them in 2015 even if not selected for round 1.

Go_Dogs
09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
I will also add a November version:

B: Morris, Roughead, Picken
HB: Murphy, Talia, Wood
C: Macrae, Wallis, Hunter
HF: Bontempelli, Crameri, Dahlhaus
F: Stringer, Boyd, Hrovat
R: Minson, Stevens, Liberatore
Jong, Roberts, Johannisen, Darley

To me, this still emphasises our need for one of JJ, Darley or Biggs to become a consistent half back flanker who provides run. I think all have some tools to step up and do so.

It also highlights our lack of raw speed around the ball, which we need to continue to look to address.

The Doctor
09-11-2014, 08:39 PM
B: Biggs, Roughhead, Morris
HB: Murphy, Talia, Wood
C: Macrae, Wallis, Bontempelli
HF: Hunter, Stringer, Stevens
F: Boyd, Crameri, Dahlhaus
R: Minson, Liberatore, Hrovat
Int: Darley, Boyd, JJ, Roberts

F'scary
09-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Interesting where we differ GD. Something to think about. I have a good vibe about Biggs & Hamling. Darley I am not so sure about. We both have Jong on the bench but he is yet to prove himself at AFL level. I think he will have a year where he stars at VFL but can't hold a place in the firsts until perhaps late in the season. I would love to be proven wrong.

Also, you don't have M Boyd in. I think he is going to be very important in 2015 now that Griffen and Cooney have moved themselves on.

F'scary
12-11-2014, 09:20 PM
From news.com.au:

AFL Rising Star runner-up Marcus Bontempelli has been one of the early pre-season standouts, adding more bulk to his frame.
“He has dominated,” King said. “He came back looking really good.
“He has put on a bit of weight and is about 93 kilos now. That’s about seven kilos more than he was (at the start of last year). He is starting to fill into his frame.”

Our new star CHF.

GVGjr
12-11-2014, 09:31 PM
From news.com.au:

AFL Rising Star runner-up Marcus Bontempelli has been one of the early pre-season standouts, adding more bulk to his frame.
“He has dominated,” King said. “He came back looking really good.
“He has put on a bit of weight and is about 93 kilos now. That’s about seven kilos more than he was (at the start of last year). He is starting to fill into his frame.”

Our new star CHF.

I've been reluctant to share this view but here goes, Would there be any value in trying Bontempelli as a relief CHB in some games?
It's just an idea but if we went into some games with just one ruckman (Minson) we could potentially use Roughead for a few 5 minute bursts. With Stringer, Crameri and Boyd up forward we now have the opportunity to move a more physically ready Bontempelli in a few more positions. He could be a very creative part time defender. I think Stringer benefited but a few runs as a defender last year and maybe Bonts might as well.

bulldogtragic
12-11-2014, 09:54 PM
I've been reluctant to share this view but here goes, Would there be any value in trying Bontempelli as a relief CHB in some games?
It's just an idea but if we went into some games with just one ruckman (Minson) we could potentially use Roughead for a few 5 minute bursts. With Stringer, Crameri and Boyd up forward we now have the opportunity to move a more physically ready Bontempelli in a few more positions. He could be a very creative part time defender. I think Stringer benefited but a few runs as a defender last year and maybe Bonts might as well.

I like the new thinking, but I think I see him much like Pavlich. You could play him anywhere and I think we play him where the opposition doesn't want him to play. That for me is centre, forward. I'd rather play Talia, Roberts & Redpath down back, move Roughead forward and see where Ayce and Campbell get to early next season.

azabob
12-11-2014, 10:14 PM
Last season Bontempelli was used at different stages as a spare defender when we were trying to stop a run on. He didnt exactly know where to position himself but he knew where to run to and what to do instinctively.

I honestly dont think he would learn much in five min bursts, we would need to play him at CHB for a good five to seven weeks.

GVGjr
12-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Last season Bontempelli was used at different stages as a spare defender when we were trying to stop a run on. He didnt exactly know where to position himself but he knew where to run to and what to do instinctively.

I honestly dont think he would learn much in five min bursts, we would need to play him at CHB for a good five to seven weeks.

He'd also have to relive Roughead as well but the pre-season games could be a great time to give him some exposure.

Nuggety Back Pocket
12-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Our biggest weakness is quality key defenders and the class of Bontempelli could well prove a winner at CHB. It is an ageing defence with Murph Morris and Picken and does lack young legs and brilliance. Bonts could then be interchangeable between CHB and CHF when required.Good teams focus on having a strong defence and we need to consolidate down back.

boydogs
12-11-2014, 11:44 PM
I've been reluctant to share this view but here goes, Would there be an value in trying Bontempelli as a relief CHB in some games?

I don't like the some games bit, at least not initially. It would take him a while to become good at it, you would have to leave him there for a while and live with his reduced effectiveness whilst he was getting used to it. It's the sort of thing you do in a development year, like Stringer last year. I'm not sure a new coach coming in would be prepared to confine us to the bottom 4 in his first year in the name of developing players in this way, particularly when we are already going to be so short in the middle. I think we're more likely to see something like Lachie Hunter to the midfield than a midfielder somewhere else.

He does look very natural up forward though, more so than Redpath. A good option to send forward and stretch the opposition defense at times, which I think he is already capable of doing.

Happy Days
12-11-2014, 11:55 PM
I swear if we stuff up Bontempelli by stopping his organic progression to best player ever by shunting him in to a key position to fill a need despite everything he showed last year I'll threaten to microwave my membership but not actually do it.

Bulldog Revolution
13-11-2014, 08:18 AM
He'd also have to relive Roughead as well but the pre-season games could be a great time to give him some exposure.

Great news that Bonti has attacked the break like the future star we all hope he is.

Absolutely I think that as part of his development going to CHB would be a good. Stringer is a great example of how it could be done.

He is going to be in the opposition gun far more in 2015, and less likely to get under their guards.

Given this they've got to experiment over the course of the season to develop him, and enable him to contribute in a variety of ways.

Go_Dogs
13-11-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm not convinced on making Bonts a key defender but if it's a short term thing to better prepare him to play as a spare and continue to work on his defensive attributes, it appears to have some merit.

Like Stringer, I ultimately see Bonts being a midfielder who can rest forward. That is where he will inflict the most damage on opposition sides.

divvydan
13-11-2014, 11:54 AM
I would prefer Bonts to continue his development as a midfielder who is able to use his height and marking to create mismatches around the ground.

LostDoggy
13-11-2014, 12:15 PM
I would prefer Bonts to continue his development as a midfielder who is able to use his height and marking to create mismatches around the ground.

I agree with this, in a golfing sense this is the equivalent of "hitting it where they mow!"

Axe Man
13-11-2014, 12:30 PM
I agree with playing Bonti primarily as a midfielder at this stage. With the loss of Griffen and Cooney we don't exactly possess the most powerful midfield going around. We can ill afford to take the kid who could potentially be our best midfielder to plug holes forward or back. If we are getting smashed in the middle it wont matter who we have playing forward and back anyway.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I agree with this, in a golfing sense this is the equivalent of "hitting it where they mow!"

The mayor's office. Otherwise find his identical triplet brothers.

kruder
13-11-2014, 09:44 PM
93kgs for Bonti already I would have thought that is plenty of weight for him. You wouldn't want to slow him down anymore or impact his indurance. Like many above the kid is a natural midfielder if I have ever seen one and I'd continue to rest him forward to develop his forward craft.

craigsahibee
14-11-2014, 12:38 AM
I swear if we stuff up Bontempelli by stopping his organic progression to best player ever by shunting him in to a key position to fill a need despite everything he showed last year I'll threaten to microwave my membership but not actually do it.

This^^^

Just play him where the ball always is.