21-10-2014, 06:54 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's official, it's a war between GWS and the Western Bulldogs

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0coTK2CUAANGZN.jpg

wimberga
21-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Those wankers.

Next year it is on like Donkey Kong.

Get Stringer in the middle, opening bounce.

Maddog37
21-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I think it's quite funny.

GVGjr
21-10-2014, 07:12 PM
I think it's quite funny.

It probably starts a build up to the opening game of the season.

chef
21-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Makes me sad.

lemmon
21-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Tacky and plastic... You are what you tweet I guess

FrediKanoute
21-10-2014, 07:30 PM
Well if it means that there is a little more spice to the encounters great. Its what we need and what GWS need. If you have a rival then you are relevant!

LostDoggy
21-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Love the rivalry between the two clubs. Hopefully it burns in the guts for all our players through-out the pre-season. All the going on this off season should galvanise the group.

ratsmac
21-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Where did this come from?

AndrewP6
21-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Coming from an organisation that gave Israel Folau a job as a footballer, this is a bit rich. Much like the whole team, they're trying to manufacture something. Pathetic.

Remi Moses
21-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Tacky plastic manufactured fits the bill
Anyone know where SOS is?
2 more people than their average home crowd

The bulldog tragician
21-10-2014, 07:52 PM
The "acronyms" have no history, no culture, and clearly no class.

F'scary
21-10-2014, 07:55 PM
I like it. Means we matter. :cool:

Maddog37
21-10-2014, 07:56 PM

It's just a modern way of clubs taunting each other which is as old as the game itself. Remember Sheedy and marshmallows or tying down wind socks?

ledge
21-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Actually it's putting them down saying they take the lost dogs. The ones no one wants ;-)

Rocket Science
21-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Fixed it.

http://i.imgur.com/xf4gA5B.jpg

Throughandthrough
21-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Publicity stunt. Probably afl hq idea. The dogs reply would be ready and waiting to go, once the publicity has died down it will be published. All good stuff.

Twodogs
21-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I like it. A western Rivalry.

Bring it on mofos.

Ghost Dog
21-10-2014, 08:39 PM

Laughable PR. This is a club that has a few blokes in orange robes dessed up as monks.
Merely shows their desperation. They probably got our club's approval to do it.
Wasn't it some time ago that we had a conference with them to compare notes on similar demographics?

Ryan Griffen was shedding tears at his first presser. I assume these were not tears of joy.

Remi Moses
21-10-2014, 08:44 PM
God how small time

Remi Moses
21-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Just a side note
Nathan Hrovat and Tom Boyd rocked up to willy north primary today and the kids went crazy.
Ward Griffen and Cameron rocked up to West Sydney primary school nobody would know who the hell they are .

bulldogtragic
21-10-2014, 08:56 PM
I missed Reid and DFA in the photo. I think the word is contrived.

G-Mo77
21-10-2014, 09:21 PM
LOL.

Really poor marketing on their behalf. They'd be better selling them as their own product rather than someone else's. Nothing like a bit of publicity from an opposition club. Thanks guys.

1eyedog
21-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I like it. A western Rivalry.

Bring it on mofos.

We will have some cracking contests in the future and they know it. They need a rivalry pretty badly so they can feel like part of the group.

azabob
21-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Gee, GVGjr,

I thought that headline was from the current bun, for sure!

Very unlike you to play the emotive card!

MrMahatma
21-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Good banter.

Doggy
21-10-2014, 10:32 PM
G riffen
W ard
S uck

firstdogonthemoon
21-10-2014, 10:55 PM
I am too sensitive. I'm glad no one else cared but this made me cross and now I have a new team I really really hate.

LostDoggy
21-10-2014, 11:05 PM
Fixed it.

http://i.imgur.com/xf4gA5B.jpg

Love the Rugby League ground as the background, very clever!

The Bulldogs Bite
21-10-2014, 11:38 PM
I like it.

Creates some banter and rivalry, which has been bubbling away for a while now anyway. On top of the player/coach poaching both sides have done, the battles on the field have had a few wrestling matches too.

Let's be honest - we all really want to beat them next year, and there's no doubt they want to beat us. Good for the AFL, good for them, good for us, good for supporters - everybody wins.

A round one match would be great.

LostDoggy
21-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Finally! We have a rival, and not just a 'leftovers' rival after the AFL have put together 'Rivalry Round'.

Sedat
22-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Sydney just enjoyed one of the best nights of sport they've ever had last weekend with the Sydney FC v Western Sydney Wanderers match. GWS are desperate for any angle whatsoever to build some sort of profile and footprint in Wanderers and Rugby League heartland. This is contrived fluff #havelessboyd

SonofScray
22-10-2014, 12:42 AM
I posted in the other thread about this, but just to reiterate....

GWS are a pissant, plastic bunch of nobodies. I'm not riled up by this, just bemused by their very existence. I will take great joy in seeing this stupid marketing strategy dismantled. If they had to fight and scrap and go through what we have just to be in the mix, they'd not exist. They'd be found wanting. They simply have not earned the right to say anything to us. It is pathetic.

Actions have consequences though. May they be greeted with the most spiteful, venomous and disturbing reception an away team has ever seen. We should aim to inflict abuse on them unlike anything the game has ever seen. Break them, remove them from the game. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.

Remi Moses
22-10-2014, 01:17 AM
Be honest it's liked being smacked around the chops with a wet lettuce.

jeemak
22-10-2014, 01:24 AM
It is a bit strange, and pathetic to me. It says to me they're smarting from losing Boyd, more than we are from losing those three.

I'd like to know how the actual football people involved feel about it. It doesn't really matter though, we now have a green light to hurl abuse at players and coaches we didn't have a few moments ago which I'm sure some of us wanted anyway.

Inadvertently or not Griffen, Ward and Cameron have exhausted any goodwill our supporter base might have afforded them.

Remi Moses
22-10-2014, 03:20 AM
My initial thoughts were the same .
The Boyd trade has rattled their cage, and the non Buddy recruiting has given them zero interest with the Sydney media.
Their borders have been breached now

ledge
22-10-2014, 05:48 AM
Can't wait to see our banner at that game .. Any ideas for that ?

BulldogBelle
22-10-2014, 07:58 AM
It is a bit strange, and pathetic to me. It says to me they're smarting from losing Boyd, more than we are from losing those three.

I'd like to know how the actual football people involved feel about it. It doesn't really matter though, we now have a green light to hurl abuse at players and coaches we didn't have a few moments ago which I'm sure some of us wanted anyway.

Inadvertently or not Griffen, Ward and Cameron have exhausted any goodwill our supporter base might have afforded them.

Was thinking the same thing, especially Cameron.

LostDoggy
22-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I posted in the other thread about this, but just to reiterate....

GWS are a pissant, plastic bunch of nobodies. I'm not riled up by this, just bemused by their very existence. I will take great joy in seeing this stupid marketing strategy dismantled. If they had to fight and scrap and go through what we have just to be in the mix, they'd not exist. They'd be found wanting. They simply have not earned the right to say anything to us. It is pathetic.

Actions have consequences though. May they be greeted with the most spiteful, venomous and disturbing reception an away team has ever seen. We should aim to inflict abuse on them unlike anything the game has ever seen. Break them, remove them from the game. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.

Love it.

I'm most disappointed by Cameron. I loved Leon as a kid, I still have his footy card. I appreciate him doing the best he can for his current team, but something about it just sticks. Surely he has said at some point, “Guys, we got their captain, that's brilliant, but afford some respect to a great and very, very resilient club.”??

I think SoS has provided next year's banner. Rip out their throats and urinate on their carcass.

LostDoggy
22-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Think everyone is being a little precious, good on them for having a crack!

Bit rich to suggest this was the brainchild of Ward, Griff & Leon, it is simply a photo of the three that the marketing department has played around with.

We were lauded last year for adding a bit of humour to our banners, don't see how this is any different. Fun part now is coming back with a sizzler of a reply, Rocket Science's was a good start, would love the club to upload it!

Axe Man
22-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Stole this from Facebook:

http://s11.postimg.org/5cvw3qohf/GWS.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

w3design
22-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Coming from an organisation that gave Israel Folau a job as a footballer, this is a bit rich. Much like the whole team, they're trying to manufacture something. Pathetic.

It's nice to know that our $1millon is invested in an AFL footballer, and not wasted on a Rugby Union player....

Happy Days
22-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Meh.

We had first dibs on Cameron and said no; twice actually when you think about it.

Ward was maybe our least eloqaint and, well, dumbest player ever, so they made him captain.

Griffen's eyes are too close to together.

Plus none of them are Tom Boyd

Bulldogs 4-0.