PDA

View Full Version : Questions at Press conferences

Twodogs
25-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Why is it you can never hear the questions at press conferences?

I've just been watching Arsene Wenger answering questions that I couldn't hear so it's not like it's a problem confined to AFL.

azabob
25-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Because the reporters do not have microphones.

GVGjr
25-10-2014, 12:43 PM
I have heard the guys on SEN talk about this frequently. The thing is apparently it's not that hard to fix up the interview rooms at stadiums so that we c an hear the questions being asked. I think one of the problems is that the media all try and talk over each other and wouldn't want to wait for someone to pass the microphone around.

azabob
25-10-2014, 12:54 PM
I was at the races last night and they played the protest live on the big screen. You could clearly hear the head steward asking questions etc, but could not hear the jockeys answers clearly!

AndrewP6
25-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Wouldn't be that hard to set up mics so you could hear reporter's questions. It wouldn't require an individual mic to be passed around.

ledge
26-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Or subtitle the question underneath

The Underdog
26-10-2014, 10:28 AM
You could set up a directional mic, but it would likely require someone to point it in the direction of the person speaking. Or you could set up a mic to pick up the whole room, but as well as hearing the questions, you're probably going to hear it everytime Robbo drops his guts.

AndrewP6
26-10-2014, 01:24 PM
You could set up a directional mic, but it would likely require someone to point it in the direction of the person speaking. Or you could set up a mic to pick up the whole room, but as well as hearing the questions, you're probably going to hear it everytime Robbo drops his guts.

Might be more interesting than his questions! ;)

azabob
26-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Or subtitle the question underneath

Listening on the radio still would be a problem.

Twodogs
26-10-2014, 07:37 PM
Listening on the radio still would be a problem.

They could commentate pressers like they commentate parliament. "Robinson Herald Sun" "could the coach tell us..."

LostDoggy
26-10-2014, 10:24 PM
as well as hearing the questions, you're probably going to hear it everytime Robbo drops his guts.

Would be the smartest thing I've ever heard uttered by any of his orifices.

Subtitling for TV/video, or a VoiceOver for radio. Wouldn't hurt.