PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to GVGjr

Eastdog
28-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Just like to give a thanks to GVGjr for the day to day running of this site WOOF so we can have our own forum for discussion of the best club the Western Bulldogs.

LostDoggy
28-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Great idea for a thread. If there is any justice in this place, we'll get this baby out to 1000 posts by tomorrow.

Good job mate, I know better than most the lengths you've had to go to sometimes to keep WOOF running for us all, thanks for the dedication and sacrifice.

P.S. Seriously, guys, this bloke has put more blood and sweat in than Libba Senior.

bornadog
28-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Great Job GVGjr, and you know many would contribute financially if only you would let us, to keep things going.

Hotdog60
28-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Diddo from the other posters, Well done mate.

LostDoggy
28-10-2014, 04:57 PM
I liked the OP but really deserves a post, great stuff and thankyou!

Eastdog
28-10-2014, 05:00 PM
While many of us do live in Victoria and get the latest AFL and Bulldogs news pretty quick for people who live interstate WOOF is a great source for the latest Bulldog news.

LostDoggy
28-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks GVGjr. Appreciate all your time and effort.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Yep. Thanks Gary. Living interstate I'd be totally lost to being able to keep involved and informed with the Dogs.
Your work, and also to those who give their time to moderate is vital to the survival of this online community.

Maddog37
28-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks G.

wimberga
28-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks to Gary and all the mods.

This is the best site on the website. Its official, I read it somewhere.

Probably on here.

Seriously - I have enjoyed WOOF more than I ever thought I would when I joined up in late 2007.

Thank you so much.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Great stuff Gary.

You've done a fantastic job with this forum, from beginning to now.

Templeton31
28-10-2014, 05:22 PM
thanks Gary. top job.

BulldogBelle
28-10-2014, 05:26 PM
About 3-4 months ago had my account canceled because l had not been using it. l contacted Gary who told me that there had been a drop off of members and needed more people to contribute. So l got my account reinstated and made a concious effort to actually post.

THANKS GARY!

josie
28-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Good thread Eastdog.

Great work GVGjr & moderators - a Big Thankyou.

WOOF makes the off season that much more bearable.

Intelligent discussion and healthy debate on a shared passion.

Doc26
28-10-2014, 05:29 PM
My thanks to Gary as well for running such an effective and vibrant forum.

It is a great place to come to get the low down, to get things off our chests and to have a place to contribute constructively to a broad range of discussions that are topical to us passionate Bulldog supporters.

Hopefully we're all a little bit more wiser and engaged with the Club from having a place like WOOF to share our thoughts, beliefs and passion.

LostDoggy
28-10-2014, 05:31 PM
Yes, fantastic work GVGjr

Echo what others have said- especially the interstate users. WOOF definitely has been great in keeping me informed and hearign from others with a great passion for the club (they're hard to come across in WA!)

1eyedog
28-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Echo the sentiments above, thanks Gary. You're always there to re-direct the thread(s) back on track and we all appreciate your well thought out and measured posts.

dadsgirl16
28-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Ditto to ALL of the above!!! a big thank you

bulldogtragic
28-10-2014, 05:46 PM
What they said.

KT31
28-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Reiterate what I said earlier , thank you for your constant work, your Threads and posts, and finally the new site is brilliant.

GVGjr
28-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Guys, Appreciate the acknowledgments but it's very much a team effort going back to 2006 when a number of us decided to start a forum dedicated to the Western Bulldogs. We then officially kicked it off in late Jan 2007.

Some of the mods and initial members that helped set up the forum before the opening included:
Twodogs, BulldogBelle , alwaysadog , Bulldog Revolution, The Bulldogs Bite, W W Biscuit , Mofra , Dry Rot, The Coon Dog, MsBulldog, bornadog, Max469 and Topdog and then we had about 20 members migrate from another site.

As you can imagine not everyone is still active here given it's been such a long journey but their contribution in the early days was a big part of getting the forum running.

In more recent times the mods have been Go Dogs, Westdog54, Scraggers, Greystache, Bulldog Joe and Lemmon plus this year Eastdog and Bulldogtragic stepped up and assisted the site by organising the weekly threads during the footy season.
Twodogs of course has been with us from day one.

Many hands help spread the work and make sure we maintain the focus.
On top of all that we have some great contributors to discussions on the site which keeps it interesting.

Thanks to many.
Gary

Remi Moses
28-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Well done to G and all the moderators
Excellent service

Eze Dog
28-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Cheers for the hard work GVGjr as well as all the other names you mentioned! You're all doing a ripper job!

Bulldog4life
28-10-2014, 06:08 PM
A big thank you from me to GVGjr and all others mentioned who have made WOOF such a big part of my day. Fantastic effort.

boydogs
28-10-2014, 06:24 PM
While many of us do live in Victoria and get the latest AFL and Bulldogs news pretty quick for people who live interstate WOOF is a great source for the latest Bulldog news.

I see things popup from the club on Twitter & Facebook but then come here to discuss them. Thoroughly enjoy posting here, thanks GVG & all posters

choconmientay
28-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Thanks Gary and all the other mods. You are not just a moderator. You Are It! :)

ledge
28-10-2014, 06:38 PM
I think GVGjr should now be upgraded to GVGsnr, the father of this site.
Thanks mate for all the information over the years , believe I started around 2007 after my old school buddy TCD informed me and I got to meet Rocket through you lot .. A long journey but a great one so far and may it continue to bigger and better things.
Go dogs !
Thanks GVG jr

whythelongface
28-10-2014, 07:11 PM

It's the only place to go for breaking news and the truth.

Thanks Gary you do a wonderful job.

chef
28-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Onya Gazza.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
28-10-2014, 07:29 PM
Much appreciated

MrMahatma
28-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Best site going around. Fo sho

Rocco Jones
28-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Thanks Gary. Great work mate.

The bulldog tragician
28-10-2014, 08:22 PM
This site kept up morale and helped share the pain on those unbelievable couple of days after He Who Must Not Be Named defected, and is a constant source of fun, camaraderie and informative discussion. Thanks GVG and crew!

Maddog37
28-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Best site going around. Fo sho

Mos def.

Daughter of the West
28-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Cheers to GVGjr and all the crew that keep this wonderful forum up and running.

I've said it before, but it is purely due to this site that I manage to sound like a informed football fan in conversation. And cheers to all wonderful contributors and their thoughts - I really appreciate all the wonderful discussions (as well as the downright silly ones!).

bulldogsman
28-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks heaps GVG and gang for all the time and effort that goes into the site. Appreciate it.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Thanks Gary and moderators. I feel connected to the club and other supporters because of WOOF and the work you do to provide the site. I would feel unfaithful if I used any other forum.

Max469
28-10-2014, 11:46 PM
It has been a pleasure to have been here from the start, when there were only a few of us. How big the forum has become is a testament to the hard work Gary has put in.

Over the past 7 years we have seen our team, go through highs and lows. Seen coaches come and go, champions of the club pass away and others retire or go out the door to so called greener pastures or just to enjoy life after football. This has all been discussed with gusto by members with their own opinions.

Not everyone agrees with each other and that is what a forum is all about. Ultimately, we all love our beloved Bulldogs and all have the same belief - that some one is going to come in a coach us to our elusive 2nd Premiership.

Then we all can unite in happiness, with no disagreements on the best footy forum - Woof.

Thanks Gary for your hard work and passion, without you we would not be here today.

Here's to many more years of Woof.

Go Dogs.

Twodogs
29-10-2014, 12:22 AM
It has been a pleasure to have been here from the start, when there were only a few of us. How big the forum has become is a testament to the hard work Gary has put in.

Over the past 7 years we have seen our team, go through highs and lows. Seen coaches come and go, champions of the club pass away and others retire or go out the door to so called greener pastures or just to enjoy life after football. This has all been discussed with gusto by members with their own opinions.

Not everyone agrees with each other and that is what a forum is all about. Ultimately, we all love our beloved Bulldogs and all have the same belief - that some one is going to come in a coach us to our elusive 2nd Premiership.

Then we all can unite in happiness, with no disagreements on the best footy forum - Woof.

Thanks Gary for your hard work and passion, without you we would not be here today.

Here's to many more years of Woof.

Go Dogs.

Hear, hear.

KT31
29-10-2014, 12:50 AM
One thing I would like to add and this is not only to GVGjnr but also to the Mods and all posters, our passion and love for our great club stands out and we may have the odd conflict or passionate debate but unlike other sites, for the majority we are civil and the debates are well constructed.
Last couple of months we could have gone into meltdown but we held it together and it is something we should all pat ourselves on the back for as well.

LostDoggy
29-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Just like to share my appreciation to gvgjr and all the other moderators for the great job they do in running this forum!! Thank you
This forum is part of my daily routine, mostly just as a reader but its a great source of info and news and there's always great discussion!!

Murphy'sLore
29-10-2014, 02:46 PM
I concur with everything said above. During those awful few days (the horror! the horror!) when it seemed that our beloved club was falling apart at the seams, this forum was a lifeline. I was on here constantly, just trying to keep up with the latest developments and speculation, sharing the shock and the ups and downs (and let's face it, I wasn't going to get any work done anyway :))
The world would have seemed a pretty bleak place for a little while there without you guys to hold my hand. So… thanks for that.

Eastdog
29-10-2014, 03:29 PM
One thing I would like to add and this is not only to GVGjnr but also to the Mods and all posters, our passion and love for our great club stands out and we may have the odd conflict or passionate debate but unlike other sites, for the majority we are civil and the debates are well constructed.
Last couple of months we could have gone into meltdown but we held it together and it is something we should all pat ourselves on the back for as well.

Hear Hear

Bulldog Revolution
29-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks Gary and others - I'm not sure what I'd do in the offseason without the trade/draft/delisting chatter

Mofra
12-11-2014, 03:18 PM
God, it's during the off season you really appreciate the quality of this site compared at least one other football forum that shall not be mentioned.

Dry Rot
12-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Gary and the Mods do a great job here, ditto most of the contributors.