PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Mr Beveridge: urgent review required:

F'scary
15-11-2014, 08:38 PM
Thought I would get this started so that fellow woofers can vent on what needs changing or a second look now that we have a coach.

F'scary
15-11-2014, 08:39 PM
Let me be the first.

Memo to Bevo - urgent review required: why are we promising redrafting some of our rookies and delisted players when there are possibilities around like this chap?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-15/country-beast-a-draft-chance

Surely, if they are not up to it after 3 years in the system, it is time to look at some others?

bulldogtragic
15-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Move Roughy forward and 2nd ruck. Move Redpath back. Get Grant back to his top level. Win us a bloody premiership.

LostDoggy
15-11-2014, 10:08 PM
Let me be the first.

Memo to Bevo - urgent review required: why are we promising redrafting some of our rookies and delisted players when there are possibilities around like this chap?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-15/country-beast-a-draft-chance

Surely, if they are not up to it after 3 years in the system, it is time to look at some others?

Agree F'scray!
They've had 3 years to show the coaching staff something.Give some other draft hopeful a chance to live their dream.

Bumper Bulldogs
15-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Have an urgent review of the assistant coaches, clean em out.

Watch your back as some already have a history.

BulldogBelle
16-11-2014, 05:56 PM
There are these things that I would like to pass to the coach.

1. Jarrad Grant.
He can be a very good player but injuries have severely cut his form.
He seems to be reserved and needs to open up more. He needs a session of confidence building with his teammates, I suggest that he needs to receive encouragement.
If he continues to receive injuries throughout 2015 then delist him at the end of that year.

5. Matthew Boyd
He can pick out and kick directly to a lone opposition player in a pack of bulldogs. Seems as though his brain is wired to kick to the opposition. Get his brain rewired by specially training his kicking leg and brain to see the same things. Sort of like a good pianist doesn't have to tell which fingers to hit each note on a piano, they just hit those notes without the pianist thinking about it.

Otherwise make Matthew Boyd captain of the VFL side. It would be good for the AFL side and the club if the VFL side wins.

3. Koby Stevens starred last year in the NAB Cup then was meh for the rest of the year. If he does that again sack him at the end of 2015.

4. Pearce - there is talk that he will be rookied. He never showed anything special that would put him into a premiership side. If you can stop him being rookied, do so as it is a waste of a pick.

5. Greenwood - showed a lot of improvement last year but still not good enough. Do not re-rookie.

6. Goodes - if you are going to make Matthew Boyd captain of the VFL then do not rookie Goodes. Otherwise, rookie Goodes as he will be able to win games for the VFL, and that is important.

7. Fuller - he seems to lack talent but has been struck with injuries. Do a good assessment of this player and delist if possible.

8. Dickson - takes several weeks to hit his straps then gets injured. Delist at end of 2015.

9. Most of the rest of the team are champions or extremely good players. Let them play to their strengths and shore up their weaknesses. Build a system around them. Make Murphy or Morris the captain.

10. For the upcoming draft select mobile talls, key position players (if there are any left), then go for speed and skilled midfielders.

11. Involve yourself heavily with the upcoming draft selections and selections for the VFL side.

12. You are going to win us a premiership. Sooner than we all think.

Before I Die
16-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Agree F'scray!
They've had 3 years to show the coaching staff something.Give some other draft hopeful a chance to live their dream.

If they are re-rookied doesn't that mean that they have shown the coaching staff something?

Perhaps you meant to say ' show the fans something'.

Eastdog
16-11-2014, 09:33 PM
I would like him to address the defensive structure. That's an area now that more of a concern to me.

Addressing our delivery of the footy into our forward 50 need to get better

Improving skill level

LostDoggy
16-11-2014, 09:50 PM
If they are re-rookied doesn't that mean that they have shown the coaching staff something?

Perhaps you meant to say ' show the fans something'.

Yes sorry BID - meant the fans;)

LostDoggy
16-11-2014, 10:01 PM
To much stagnent moving of the footy especially out of defence.Agree some of this was due to a lack of moving foward targets pushing up the ground but maybe we can get back to a bit of a mozzie fleet foward line with pace.
Play on at all costs and let's be a bit more daring and don't be afraid to take the game on and take some chances.

BulldogBelle
16-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Question for you Before I Die

The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Doctor Who reference?

Eastdog
16-11-2014, 10:12 PM
Will our skill level get better. What is the best Luke can do to address this important issue.

The Underdog
17-11-2014, 07:14 AM
Hey Luke, Be good with the supporters, spend time and nod along, but don't listen to them.

LostDoggy
17-11-2014, 10:02 AM
1. Back the kids. Don't drop them after one bad game.
2. Don't let Boyd (Tom) leave the goal square.
3. What do you recommend to quench a thirst?

1eyedog
17-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Ensure that you make Bob captain as the first point of call. The younglings need a leader to approach and he is very approachable. He should be made Captain today.

Mofra
17-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Bevo - please don't repeat "hard to play against" as a mantra, as a sizable portion of fans hate mantras (and Neeld used 'hard to play against' a lot).

Keep things simple - from an outside observer's point of view a few of our young stars (e.g. Macrae, Stringer, Hunter, Libba) seem to play better with instinct rather than too many rules.

It's ok to show emotion.

Greystache
17-11-2014, 12:28 PM
When the camera pans onto you in the coaches box please make sure you scream a lot, throw things, and randomly point at things on the ground. That way supporters will think you're doing something and that you're a good match day coach :D

F'scary
17-11-2014, 01:10 PM
When the camera pans onto you in the coaches box please make sure you scream a lot, throw things, and randomly point at things on the ground. That way supporters will think you're doing something and that you're a good match day coach :D

In all seriousness, that sort of spectacle can help to get us more Friday night & Saturday night free-to-air games.

Memo to Bevo: to get us back on TV, make a habit of smashing the phone every quarter (PG can pick the repair bill up). Throw water bottles. Make mouthing motions that look like swearing. Lots of face palming and abusive gestures that could be interpreted as being directed towards the umpires.

BulldogBelle
17-11-2014, 01:15 PM

I guess you are being sarcastic here. But really, that's what he has to do. He has to show that he cares. Show he has passion.

chef
17-11-2014, 01:27 PM

And never mention the term 'cracking in'.

Ozza
17-11-2014, 03:10 PM
I guess you are being sarcastic here. But really, that's what he has to do. He has to show that he cares. Show he has passion.

All senior coaches are passionate, it would be pretty much impossible to not be - considering the commitment required to do the job. And I don't think gesticulating wildly in the box is a measure of passion...its actually more a measure of degrees by which coaches can control their emotions.

I don't recall anybody suggesting that Bomber Thompson needed to throw his arms around and scream in the box, when Geelong were winning every week under him. The only time his coaching box demeanour was in focus, was when he was eating a sandwich in there!

Before I Die
17-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Question for you Before I Die

The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Doctor Who reference?

Absolutely.

BulldogBelle
17-11-2014, 07:01 PM
All senior coaches are passionate, it would be pretty much impossible to not be - considering the commitment required to do the job. And I don't think gesticulating wildly in the box is a measure of passion...its actually more a measure of degrees by which coaches can control their emotions.

I don't recall anybody suggesting that Bomber Thompson needed to throw his arms around and scream in the box, when Geelong were winning every week under him. The only time his coaching box demeanour was in focus, was when he was eating a sandwich in there!

Maybe all of the present coaches are passionate, but they still need to show it to the supporters. Part of the game is showmanship.

I don't think that you have to throw your arms up and chuck things about when you are winning, no that would not be appropriate. A big smile and a fists up salute when you have won would be good.

josie
17-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Continue be your genuine self - like you've shown in your media interviews to date.

Your reputation for inspiring others to improve and to work together cohesively will lead to positive results and increased membership by default. So no need to put on a show for anyone.

Oh - and a premiership or two would be great !!

BulldogBelle
20-11-2014, 08:49 AM
In the upcoming draft you should take Peter Foster's son.

Take him before the rookie draft.

He will improve out of sight, its important that other teams do not get him.

F'scary
20-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Sounds like you think we absolutely blundered in not securing him via F/S in the ND.

LostDoggy
20-11-2014, 08:07 PM

Agree Ringer.
Don't understand why the club didn't take him with F/S pick?

GVGjr
20-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Agree Ringer.
Don't understand why the club didn't take him with F/S pick?

Because they thought the players already on our list were better options. I'd be confident in saying his best chance of arriving at our club will be as a rookie.

LostDoggy
21-11-2014, 05:51 PM
I am sure Luke would agree, but i hope he gets some media training moving forward as he looks quite uncomfortable when dealing with them at the captains announcement.
To be expected though as previously he never had to deal with them and if we get of to a rough start they will come at him thick and fast.
Other than that he seems ok.��

Twodogs
22-11-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm not saying Luke doesn't need to get better but this s why we need to fill the director of coaching or whatever role. An x AFL coach who can take a lead role with the media and let Beveridge get on with coaching.

FrediKanoute
22-11-2014, 05:02 AM
You have been given a wonderful opportunity to coach a group of very coachable players. Most of the hard yards have been done with guys like Dahlhaus, Libba, Wallis, Macrae, Stringer all at or around the 50 game mark. The older guys set in their ways are largely gone and the group is much more balanced towards the younger side. If you let them play they way they can play, using their strengths they will deliver results. Don't be fooled, win-loss is important. Take the wins, even if it means not quite staying true to how you want to play. Confidence is a massive thing in sport and a winning team is a confident team. the Group is more likely to stay focussed and respond if their are wins on the board. remind them that their football destiny is in each and every players own hands and that their time in the game is fleeting - make the most of it; enjoy it! Finally,be bold with your decisions, back yourself.