PDA

View Full Version : Zaine as good as Scarlett !!!!!!!!!!!

bulldogsfight
21-11-2014, 12:57 PM
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/sport/localfooty/western-bulldogs-fatherson-zaine-cordy-could-make-early-debut/story-fnjuhsge-1227129890524

bulldogtragic
21-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Took them long enough to repeat my posts from over 12 months ago. I wouldn't play him as a KPP like Scarlett though. I like his running ability too much to not use him, and he's very good by foot on in my opinion. Not many bandwagon spots left for the official WOOF thread, get on while you can. (In-Zaine in the Brian)

ratsmac
21-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Bloody oath!! I like the sound of that.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Took them long enough to repeat my posts from over 12 months ago. I wouldn't play him as a KPP like Scarlett though. I like his running ability too much to not use him, and he's very good by foot on in my opinion. Not many bandwagon spots left for the official WOOF thread, get on while you can. (In-Zaine in the Brian)

Kudos to you BT - you built the bandwagon yourself. I'm interested in seeing him play, he looks like he can become a reliable player over a long period of time and he's got a nice size about him - a different structure to Ayce.

Axe Man
21-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Very unlike Michael Turner to talk up a Falcons player!:rolleyes:

Bulldog Revolution
21-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Very unlike Michael Turner to talk up a Falcons player!:rolleyes:

Yes, according to Mick those Falcons are often Brownlow prospects

That said I've been assured lately by those more in the know that Zaine is a good prospect

Remi Moses
21-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Heard good things re. Zaine
Turner does pump up his chargers .

bulldogtragic
21-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Kudos to you BT - you built the bandwagon yourself. I'm interested in seeing him play, he looks like he can become a reliable player over a long period of time and he's got a nice size about him - a different structure to Ayce.

I'm not too sure why the bandwagon is only getting slow traction, but I'm happy to have kicked it off 14 months ago. To keep some mystique as to who, but someone that used to be on the AFL WB coaching panel for 2014 and no longer with us talked him up big time and said we would've used 26 to secure him. Make no mistake, I do silly threads, but a few serious ones too. My Zaine love is a serious one.

Bulldog4life
21-11-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm not too sure why the bandwagon is only getting slow traction, but I'm happy to have kicked it off 14 months ago. To keep some mystique as to who, but someone that used to be on the AFL WB coaching panel for 2014 and no longer with us talked him up big time and said we would've used 26 to secure him. Make no mistake, I do silly threads, but a few serious ones too. My Zaine love is a serious one.

I thought all your threads were serious BT. I'm shattered.

bulldogtragic
21-11-2014, 08:10 PM
I thought all your threads were serious BT. I'm shattered.

Sorry, to let you down. :) I started the 'best' Steven Seagal move thread, despite several attempts of pointing out it was silly the posts still kept coming in...

LostDoggy
21-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Bandwagon might be filling slowly because of the impressions his brother has left on us all

bulldogtragic
21-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Bandwagon might be filling slowly because of the impressions his brother has left on us all

Maybe, but he's nothing like Ayce (other than in surname) and I hope we can get passed judging Zaine for Ayce's treacle like career. Watching him close enough for 2 years has me enthusiastic about what he can be as a player.

LostDoggy
21-11-2014, 11:49 PM
I hope you're right. I'm really looking forward to watching all the young guys next year. Will be a different looking backline with no Higgins, cooney sometimes and the list clogger Austin. Zaine and Briggs hopefully slot straight in on flanks

bulldogtragic
22-11-2014, 12:13 AM
I hope you're right. I'm really looking forward to watching all the young guys next year. Will be a different looking backline with no Higgins, cooney sometimes and the list clogger Austin. Zaine and Briggs hopefully slot straight in on flanks

Exciting times, Zaine, Biggs, Darley with Roberts and Talia needing to step up. Morris & Bob leading the way. JJ running. I'd move Redpath back and Roughy forward too. Sink or swim stuff, but exciting to see who grabs the opportunity to be a footballer.

jeemak
22-11-2014, 12:44 AM
I hope Zaine makes it, he's got great characteristics to round out our back six.

Turner is leading with the chin on this one, as he often does, and I'm looking forward to the next two or three years to see how Zaine pans out.

bulldogtragic
22-11-2014, 10:29 AM
I hope Zaine makes it, he's got great characteristics to round out our back six.

Turner is leading with the chin on this one, as he often does, and I'm looking forward to the next two or three years to see how Zaine pans out.

Agree 100%. I'm not sure why Zaine needs to have that noose around his neck right now. I can understand Turner talking up kids to try to get them drafted, but such comparisons will no doubt galvanise some supporters to have excessive expectations to be as good as the best full back in the modern age. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited and he's a very good prospect, but he doesn't need these comments.

w3design
22-11-2014, 01:16 PM
He does pump up his players but thank god he did we got Luke Dalhaus after he convinced us to to nominate him for Draft screening and we scored a bargain as a rookie.

Ghost Dog
23-11-2014, 12:02 AM
BT! maybe you should be in the recruiting game. You had this one pegged yonks ago.In Zaine in the Brain hahah.
Does seem to be a good kick!

Much enjoyed the vision of him online.

Twodogs
23-11-2014, 01:20 AM
BT! maybe you should be in the recruiting game. You had this one pegged yonks ago.In Zaine in the Brain hahah.

InZaine in the Brian!

bulldogtragic
23-11-2014, 01:21 AM

You're too kind. But I'm actually way off as if I was a recruiter I'd have made us use at least our 3rd rounder. And bid on Foster. So I will stick to my day job, unlike some other more reliable watchers here. Mind you, i hope we can land young Kol in the rookie draft if he's still there. There's much to be excited about this draft. Come Thursday night we've picked 5 kids we genuinely believe can make the grade plus ZC, Jack & Jong.

bulldogtragic
23-11-2014, 01:22 AM
InZaine in the Brian!

On top it already I see our Deputy. :)

Twodogs
23-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Just keeping things pure, Dear Leader...

Eastdog
23-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Look forward to seeing Zaine Cordy in action next year.

How do you see now our defence lining up of course now with the addition of Hamling and Biggs. Don't know too much about these two but if any posters could fill me in that would be great. Do we keep Roughy down back. I'm not sure if moving him forward would be the best option since we have quite a lot of options there now.

F'scary
23-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Look forward to seeing Zaine Cordy in action next year.

How do you see now our defence lining up of course now with the addition of Hamling and Biggs. Don't know too much about these two but if any posters could fill me in that would be great. Do we keep Roughy down back. I'm not sure if moving him forward would be the best option since we have quite a lot of options there now.

Me too on Zaine and I wouldn't rule him out as a potential KPB in a few years time yet. He has long arms, stands 192-193cm according to the published stats and is strong overhead.

Ronnie is 23yo & Hamlet will be 22 at the start of 2015 season. So they should be thereabouts for selection from round 1. Both can claim to have had the bad luck of being on strong lists with plenty of competition from more established players for the positions they play.

Fingers crossed on these two. It would be a real bonus for us if they are up to it.

Eastdog
23-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Me too on Zaine and I wouldn't rule him out as a potential KPB in a few years time yet. He has long arms, stands 192-193cm according to the published stats and is strong overhead.

Ronnie is 23yo & Hamlet will be 22 at the start of 2015 season. So they should be thereabouts for selection from round 1. Both can claim to have had the bad luck of being on strong lists with plenty of competition from more established players for the positions they play.

Fingers crossed on these two. It would be a real bonus for us if they are up to it.

Will be very interesting how we structure up down back as that has been a weakness of ours conceding a lot of goals.

GVGjr
23-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Will be very interesting how we structure up down back as that has been a weakness of ours conceding a lot of goals.

A lot of that is also due to the midfield allowing easy entries. There is a bit of work to do all over the ground.

F'scary
23-11-2014, 08:51 PM

Well, we still have Roughead, Murphy, Morris, Picken & Wood. I wouldn't blame the defenders too much as the problem last year (& probably for a few years before that) is that the damage was being done further up the ground. Turnovers from skill errors and our extreme numbers around the ball style were probably the main culprits.

Eastdog
23-11-2014, 09:01 PM
A lot of that is also due to the midfield allowing easy entries. There is a bit of work to do all over the ground.

Yes our ball use and overall skill level is a major factor too.