PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the WBFC - Bailey Dale

bulldogtragic
23-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Discussion on out latest pup, and a warm welcome to our tribe!

GVGjr
27-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Go Dogs will be very happy

choconmientay
27-11-2014, 08:58 PM
Bailey Dale highlights
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/bailey-dale-highlights

Go_Dogs
27-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Go Dogs will be very happy

Yep, been a fan of his through the TAC Cup as you know.

Good player, who moves well and is a nice kick of the ball.

I thought he'd go a bit earlier, so very happy.

Mofra
27-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Damn impressive video, not sure on our strategy of picking five small/mid sized half-forwards but this kid looks like he can use the ball in traffic which will suit us.
No more good kicks (only when 15m in the clear under zero pressure).

Go_Dogs
27-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Damn impressive video, not sure on our strategy of picking five small/mid sized half-forwards but this kid looks like he can use the ball in traffic which will suit us.
No more good kicks (only when 15m in the clear under zero pressure).

Poise, decision making and execution are his qualities.

Think he'll be a ripper for us.

dog town
27-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Looks like Macrae at 18s level minus the midfield exposure. From memory Macrae came on really late in the year. Has the evasiveness and spatial awareness. Hopefully he comes on.

Torpedo
27-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Lovely left foot pass early on in video. Not bad for a right footer. Good to see kids kicking well either foot. Toey too!

The Bulldogs Bite
27-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Looks like a very nice selection - one thing I like about this draft is that they are all clever, good with ball in hand and good users of the footy.

anfo27
27-11-2014, 09:33 PM
Has a hell of kick on him. Never heard of him until now but looks a very nice prospect.

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Looks a gem

Powerful, quick, tough, very good kick

The Pie Man
27-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Steve Johnson anyone? He looks really impressive

F'scary
27-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Welcome Bailey's Irish Cream. A good drop to be sure, to be sure.

soupman
28-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Very good highlights package. Looks very smooth and always seems to do stuff at pace. His name is backwards though so I guess that's a downside.

bornadog
28-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Bailey Dale highlights
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-09-13/bailey-dale-highlights

Looks very athletic with a bit of pace. Welcome to the Dogs.

whythelongface
28-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Very impressed with what was shown on the highlights video. A really good pick up.

KT31
28-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the Doggie's Bailey.
Looks impressive in the highlight package, is it just me or do I see a bit of Judas in his style of play ?

The Bulldogs Bite
28-11-2014, 02:20 PM
His name is seriously going to confuse people, but that aside, he looks taller/plays taller than 182cms. Apparently he has size 13 feet? It would suggest he could yet have some growing to do, which would begin to turn him into a bigger mid.

doggies ftw
28-11-2014, 03:35 PM
His name is seriously going to confuse people, but that aside, he looks taller/plays taller than 182cms. Apparently he has size 13 feet? It would suggest he could yet have some growing to do, which would begin to turn him into a bigger mid.

Yeah watching the highlights I assumed he was around about 186, seems pretty good in the air. And yeah size 13 feet, googled it before and read that most people with size 13-15 feet are over 6'4!! Theres also a quote from one of his coaches saying "he barely has a hair on his body" and he just looks very very young in the face, so wouldn't be surprised if he had quite a bit of growth in him, seems to only be coming good late too so hopefully his improvement trend continues.

mighty_west
28-11-2014, 03:43 PM
His highlights package is quite exciting, had only seen bits of Webb and Daniel in the U/18's who I'm quite chuffed about but Dale's highlights reel is something to get excited about with his skill and movements, reading the play etc, looks a damn smart footballer.

josie
28-11-2014, 05:23 PM
I thought his highlights package was the most exciting apart from perhaps McLean's screamers. Seems to glide over the grass, a bit like Bonti. Also reminded me of Murphy a little, perhaps enhanced by fact there is not much of him.

Greystache
28-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Looks a really nice player. I can see him being a very good rebounding defender also. He looks taller than he tested at the combine.

bornadog
28-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Looks a really nice player. I can see him being a very good rebounding defender also. He looks taller than he tested at the combine.

Must be at least 192cm by now :D:D

Bulldog Revolution
28-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Id also been thinking that might try him back in the VFL also to see how he goes

He's bigger than Hamilton in the frame and looks like he'll end up being a powerful type

kruder
28-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Reminds me of Daisy..

KT31
29-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Reminds me of Daisy..

I hope he turns out better than him.

Smads57
29-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Welcome Bailey, enjoyed watching your highlights reel and look forward to seeing more of the same at Whitten Oval

GVGjr
30-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Really good article

Bailey Dale (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/news/edithvale-aspendale-junior-football-club-has-produced-two-more-draftees-tom-lamb-and-bailey-dale/story-fnglekhp-1227138103673)

F'scary
30-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Really good article

Bailey Dale (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/news/edithvale-aspendale-junior-football-club-has-produced-two-more-draftees-tom-lamb-and-bailey-dale/story-fnglekhp-1227138103673)

One gets a real sense of the draft night lottery and the tension for the prospective draftee, especially if you haven't been a much touted likely first rounder. Before pick 45 was read out the family sitting together in front of the TV would have known there was only another 25 or thereabouts to be chosen. Hope he makes it. Anyway, they must be on reasonable coin for an 18yo - what is it - about $100k? So all good anyway.

boydogs
30-11-2014, 02:58 PM
He really is quite raw and would be seen as a project player if he hadn't already shown what he has. Could be a big improver in a full time AFL program

bornadog
15-05-2015, 06:00 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFB0rMJXIAAWcjk.jpg

Will be great to see another debutant

Good luck for the first game.

SlimPickens
15-05-2015, 06:40 PM
Looks 15 years old. Here is hoping for a great debut!

bulldogtragic
15-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Looks 15 years old. Here is hoping for a great debut!

If I were an editor, I'd be getting the photographer to get a shot of a contest between he and Sandilands. :)

The Pie Man
15-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Happy to see this guy debut - bit of Stevie J bout him, could be a find

The Bulldogs Bite
15-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Encouraging that we've seen a fair bit from both Webb and Daniel already, and now Dale gets his chance, all within the first 6 or so weeks of the season.

We certainly seem to have some great young talent from last year's draft.

kruder
15-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Encouraging that we've seen a fair bit from both Webb and Daniel already, and now Dale gets his chance, all within the first 6 or so weeks of the season.

We certainly seem to have some great young talent from last year's draft.

Webb,Dale,Daniel and McLean all looked to have AFL attributes for sure but what has surprised me most is that some of them have played Seniors so early in the season with such light frames.

The Doggies are adding significant depth atm and with players that can play multiple positions. I'm more bullish than I have ever been about a Bulldogs side and Dale will add to that I reckon on Sunday.

Go_Dogs
15-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Yes! Very happy my boy will be debuting so early.

ratsmac
15-05-2015, 07:47 PM
Well done and congratulations Bailey.
To be honest from first impressions I thought he would be the last of our new pups to debut. I was way off!
I haven't seen him play yet so I am very much looking forward to seeing him.

azabob
15-05-2015, 07:53 PM
Yes! Very happy my boy will be debuting so early.

Where do you think he will play?

F'scary
15-05-2015, 08:58 PM
I've liked the look of all the draftees from what I have seen of them, I can see the logic in the selections, the reasoning of Dalrymple et al made sense to me. It appears to have been a very deep draft.

Congratulations Bailey's Irish Cream.

KT31
15-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Good luck to Bailey, We will certainly know every players capabilities before the seasons out.

josie
16-05-2015, 12:10 AM
Congrats Bailey, looking forward to cheering you on !!

Go_Dogs
16-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Where do you think he will play?

He'll do his best work forward of centre, so I suppose he plays off a wing or as a high half forward who runs hard towards our goal line.

Really interested to see how he goes, albeit I'm not expecting him to have as big an impact as Webb did.

ledge
16-05-2015, 12:21 PM
He seems to have a never ending tank and long reach, runs everywhere taking marks etc, his only draw back would be he is still slight but he can certainly play and read the ball and game well. I like him more than Webb.

Go_Dogs
18-05-2015, 08:40 AM
How did we rate Dale's game on Sunday?

Not a huge impact statistically but showed some of his class and composure. Great that he snared a goal on debut, and hopefully we get to see a bit more of him over the balance of the season.

azabob
18-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Agree Go-dogs.

He got himself into scoring options three times resulting in, one goal one and an assist to Dickson.

Overall a good debut and should hold his place.

GVGjr
18-05-2015, 09:19 AM
How did we rate Dale's game on Sunday?

Not a huge impact statistically but showed some of his class and composure. Great that he snared a goal on debut, and hopefully we get to see a bit more of him over the balance of the season.

He did a couple of exciting things. Given our recent history with introducing youngsters to the side it is unlikely that he would be dropped however, we can't afford to drop a game to Melbourne and I hope best available is our approach. Likely to play next week.

jazzadogs
18-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Agree Go-dogs.

He got himself into scoring options three times resulting in, one goal one and an assist to Dickson.

Overall a good debut and should hold his place.

Very flashy one handed pick up at pace in that assist to Dickson. I was impressed with his first game, couple of times he had a break on his opponent but didn't get the ball because he wasn't quite in the right spot.
That's two from two in 2014 draft, keep em coming!

Mantis
18-05-2015, 11:52 AM
He looks a likely type.. lovely finish with his first kick.

I loved his first touch, gathered the ball, took a fraction too long to dispose of it and was hammered into the ground... Welcome to the big league boy!

Ozza
18-05-2015, 12:01 PM
He looks a likely type.. lovely finish with his first kick.

I loved his first touch, gathered the ball, took a fraction too long to dispose of it and was hammered into the ground... Welcome to the big league boy!

His first touch - I liked it to. I even liked Balla giving him a bit of 'welcome to the AFL' - and then Wally giving Balla a shove and a mouthful. Was all just good footy stuff.

But after being run down on his first touch, it would have been understandable for him to lack some composure and rush the kick at goal - so it was a great sign that he ran in, steadied and goaled in such a fashion. He also didn't panic later on when he dropped the footy running into goal, just picked it up again and coolly handballed to Dicko for the goal.

I'm sure he'll stay in this week, as its not common practice to drop them after one....unfortunately the reality is that these kids are usually ordinary second-up. I'd drop him back, or play him as the sub.

josie
18-05-2015, 02:18 PM
I see a bit of the Bont - those long gangly arms that take marks or unexpected spoils (one at the Coventry end comes to mind in the 3rd qtr) & also a bit if Murphy (elegance in running over the ground). Thought his debut was a good one. He looks SOOOO young - nickname "Embyro" or "Baby Bails/Dale"?

lemmon
18-05-2015, 02:30 PM
Looks a likely outside type with a bit of the Dale Thomas about him for mine, brings a bit of what we need

bornadog
20-01-2016, 01:45 PM
Has put on 8kgs, and primed for 2016.

read here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-01-20/bulked-up-bailey-set-for-big-things)

The Bulldogs Bite
20-01-2016, 01:52 PM
It's really noticeable that he's put on significant size. Credit to him; although he obviously has a bit to go, he looks to be a quick developer.

He's got some exciting tools, could be a bit of a bolter.

The Pie Man
20-01-2016, 02:43 PM
8 KG on sounds promising - IIRC he was drafted with size 13 feet, with the suspicion he might have some growing to do. Does he look taller to any preseason watchers?

bulldogtragic
20-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Bevo recently said at a function that Bailey could be playing a specific and important role this year if his development and form keep increasing. So he's been in the coaches mind for a while.

boydogs
20-01-2016, 09:23 PM
Bevo recently said at a function that Bailey could be playing a specific and important role this year if his development and form keep increasing. So he's been in the coaches mind for a while.

The Jarrad Grant corridor monitor

bulldogtragic
20-01-2016, 09:31 PM
The Jarrad Grant corridor monitor

Close, but no. I think it has to do with a potential role in a new gameplan that they're working on. So I can't repeat it obviously, suffice to say that Bailey's name was offered up as a few who might be able to fulfill the role if his progression stayed on course. And it looks like it has.

boydogs
21-01-2016, 02:57 AM
Close, but no. I think it has to do with a potential role in a new gameplan that they're working on. So I can't repeat it obviously, suffice to say that Bailey's name was offered up as a few who might be able to fulfill the role if his progression stayed on course. And it looks like it has.

Who do you think is the best player comparison for Dale?

Good speed, good at finding space & good finisher. Isaac Smith?

BornInDroopSt'54
21-01-2016, 04:43 PM

Now that you've said that, we are going to have to kill you.
Size 13 feet huh? That should help him keep his feet and kick better.

bornadog
21-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Now that you've said that, we are going to have to kill you.
Size 13 feet huh? That should help him keep his feet and kick better.

I heard he is a great swimmer :D

BornInDroopSt'54
21-01-2016, 05:16 PM
I heard he is a great swimmer :D

He is a good swimmer, just not as good as Tom Williams, Crossy or Jarrad Grant.

KT31
25-01-2016, 05:02 PM

Bit unfair to compare him to Grant, as we all know Grant was stung by a radio active stingray and he gained super stingray senses and swimming powers.:D

ratsmac
26-01-2016, 02:03 AM
Bit unfair to compare him to Grant, as we all know Grant was stung by a radio active stingray and he gained super stingray senses and swimming powers.:D

His super power was being long and thin like a stingrays stinger!

GVGjr
26-01-2016, 09:08 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing Bailey Dale's 2nd season. He played 10 games last year and while a few of them were starting as the sub if he can play 10 or more games again this year it will be a great effort.

I wonder what positional changes he might be considered for?

Go_Dogs
26-01-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Bailey Dale's 2nd season. He played 10 games last year and while a few of them were starting as the sub if he can play 10 or more games again this year it will be a great effort.

I wonder what positional changes he might be considered for?

He's capable of playing all over the park, which I'm sure is why we are looking to progress him so quickly.

He's showed a knack for finding space in the forward half, being able to make smart little leads and earn set shots inside F50. At TAC level he showed he could be effective around the ball (perhaps not inside, but with increased size that should improve) and I see no reason (other than us having significant depth) why he couldn't play as a tall running defender.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he develops.

bornadog
26-01-2016, 10:39 AM
He may take up a Grant type of role along one wing with Hunter on the other. Hunter really relished in this role roaming up and down the wing, and I can see Dale doing the same.

F'scary
26-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Things I liked about him in 2015 are that he was not bothered by the pace of the game, he is a sure handler of the ball, pretty good disposal skills, good vision, presents for marks and can hold them. I don't think he is a speedster but I'd prefer someone who is a natural footballer any day over an out and out sprinter who needs handles on the football to pick it up.

F'scary
26-01-2016, 02:39 PM
I also have the impression that he is extremely coachable - and that counts for a lot.

Happy Days
26-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Well we all know what they say about big feet!*

*elite ball use and ability to hit the scoreboard

BornInDroopSt'54
26-01-2016, 04:26 PM
Well we all know what they say about big feet!*

*elite ball use and ability to hit the scoreboard

Bailey Dale "Big Foot".

BornInDroopSt'54
26-01-2016, 04:30 PM
Things I liked about him in 2015 are that he was not bothered by the pace of the game, he is a sure handler of the ball, pretty good disposal skills, good vision, presents for marks and can hold them. I don't think he is a speedster but I'd prefer someone who is a natural footballer any day over an out and out sprinter who needs handles on the football to pick it up.

Bailey can get his own ball but help him out. Get the ball to him around 50, preferably on the run please.

F'scary
26-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Bailey can get his own ball but help him out. Get the ball to him around 50, preferably on the run please.

Suckling.

BornInDroopSt'54
26-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Suckling.

Him too.

F'scary
27-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Him too.

Bailey to Suckling 65 metres out - GOAL!!!

Dancin' Douggy
27-01-2016, 11:39 AM
I'm still waiting to see how good a swimmer Scott Clayton is!

Twodogs
28-01-2016, 04:05 AM
Bailey to Suckling 65 metres out - GOAL!!!

Or the other way around.

Torpedo
24-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Has Bailey grown a few centimetres since he was drafted. Stats show him as 182cm. If he hasn't, he must have long limbs! The contested mark he took in the third quarter was excellent. Beautiful judgement, balance and strong enough to hold his position. Just seemed to outreach everyone else.

bornadog
24-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Has Bailey grown a few centimetres since he was drafted. Stats show him as 182cm. If he hasn't, he must have long limbs! The contested mark he took in the third quarter was excellent. Beautiful judgement, balance and strong enough to hold his position. Just seemed to outreach everyone else.

I think he has grown a bit. Certainly has filled out. Too bad he didn't clunk those set shots, then we wouldn't be talking about dropping him. Knowing Bevo, he will get another shot next week.

1eyedog
24-04-2016, 12:31 PM

Bailey was at the Hawthorn game walking around level 1 prior to the start of the game. I had a chat to him. I am 185 cm and he is a fair bit taller than me. I would say he's 188-189 cm.

ledge
24-04-2016, 01:10 PM
He is going to be something very special, he has long arms and takes marks at the very top of his reach.
He has a very good tank, extremely mobile, reads the play and has a little X factor. He will cement his spot in the team at some stage and another year in the gym will be a huge upside on his arm strength and marking. I liken him to a Bomtempelli type but more outside player and drifting in.

Bullies
24-04-2016, 02:00 PM
This kid is going to be a gun. Give him time and games and it will click that he belongs.

Bulldog4life
24-04-2016, 02:11 PM
To hold his place in the team he has to kick those easy goals. He doesn't get enough of the ball currently to be in for just the touches he gets.

bornadog
17-07-2017, 05:14 PM
The more games this kid gets, the better he gets. Has now played 24 AFL games and is starting to get his hands on the ball and kick some goals. He had his best game against Carlton with 27 disposals, two goals and 1 goal assist.

Where do we see him playing in the future? Can he be a midfielder, or is he better off on the wing?

bulldogtragic
17-07-2017, 05:15 PM
The more games this kid gets, the better he gets. Has now played 24 AFL games and is starting to get his hands on the ball and kick some goals. He had his best game against Carlton with 27 disposals, two goals and 1 goal assist.

Where do we see him playing in the future? Can he be a midfielder, or is he better off on the wing?

I've heard Bevo say he could play high half back, forward and maybe in time midfield.

Smads57
17-07-2017, 05:16 PM
I'd like to see him remain on the wing and play an Andrew Gaff style game for us.

Doc26
17-07-2017, 05:42 PM
I've heard Bevo say he could play high half back, forward and maybe in time midfield.

Oh and in the Ruck.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Love The Kid

Doc26
17-07-2017, 05:58 PM

He remains unsigned doesn't he ?

Mofra
17-07-2017, 06:02 PM
Wing/high forward rotation. He uses the ball well forward of the centre, something we struggle with

bornadog
17-07-2017, 06:04 PM
He remains unsigned doesn't he ?

Negotiations under way

Remi Moses
17-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Has to be re-signed . Another big improver

Twodogs
19-07-2017, 10:04 PM
I can see Bailey playing CHF the way Bob Murphy did in the mid noughties. There is a little bit of Murph in the way Bailey moves and his vision, he spots targets so quickly that when his muscle memory kicks in he will be a weapon.

Hotdog60
23-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Dogs poised to re-sign in-form wingman
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/532372-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
THE WESTERN Bulldogs look set to secure in-form wingman Bailey Dale, with coach Luke Beveridge saying he was close to re-signing with the premiers.

It's been a breakout season for Dale, 20, with his speed, sound foot skills and nose for a goal complementing the Dogs' array of inside midfielders.

In 11 games this season, the Edithvale-Aspendale product has averaged 18 disposals and kicked 10 goals.

Asked where Dale's contract negotiations were at after the he slotted a career-best three goals in the win over Gold Coast in Cairns, coach Luke Beveridge said a deal wasn't far away.

"We're talking to Bailey's management, and we have been for a while, so hopefully an agreement is imminent," Beveridge said post-match.

"It's not too far away, and it will be another exciting announcement once we agree to terms with him.

"He's got a sound future."

Dale told AFL.com.au back in June he has no intention of leaving Whitten Oval, and wanted to build on three solid years of development.

Taken with pick 45 in the 2014 NAB AFL Draft, Dale has played 27 games since his debut in round seven, 2015.

"You wait for your opportunity and you've got to prove yourself at the level," Dale said.

"I feel like I've been patient, I know where I'm at (as a player) and I know I'm probably not going to hold my spot every single week.

"Hopefully I can stay at the Dogs for as long as I can because this is where I want to be."

If the deal is completed, Dale will join Easton Wood, Jason Johannisen, Lewis Young, Clay Smith, Marcus Adams and Tim English as key players to recommit to the club in 2017
LINK (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-07-23/dogs-poised-to-resign-inform-wingman)

bornadog
23-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Turned 21 yesterday, Bevo said they all wished him a happy 13th Birthday :D

Twodogs
24-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Turned 21 yesterday, Bevo said they all wished him a happy 13th Birthday :D

Is 21 still a big thing? It's about the only birthday I've celebrated and that was only because mum insisted on it. We don't really do birthdays. Even my son hasn't been interested since he was a kid.

bornadog
02-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Dale taking nothing for granted (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2018-01-31/dale-taking-nothing-for-granted)

Bailey Dale is taking nothing for granted as he prepares for his fourth season of AFL football in 2018.

Dale established himself as a regular member of the senior side during the second half of last season, playing 16 games after just four in 2016.

The wingman’s four-goal haul against Port Adelaide in round 22 showed the football world what he is capable of, but Dale says his spot in the Bulldogs’ 22 for their opening round match against GWS on March 25 is far from assured.

“I’ll really look to cement my spot this year in the 22,” Dale told westernbulldogs.com.au at the club’s Sunshine Coast training camp.

“Obviously there’s a bit of pre-season to go and JLT games to go (but) I’ll try to put my best foot forward and try to cement my spot.”

Since being drafted in 2014, the 21-year-old expects that the lessons he has learned in his 30 senior games will hold him in good stead.

“I’d like to play as much on the wing as possible,” said Dale.
“I’ll really try to build my tank and get forward and kick a few goals as well.”

Dale said the trip to the Sunshine Coast for the Bulldogs’ training camp has provided a new opportunity for the playing group to build and maintain bonds.

“For the morale of the group it’s been good.
“We all get around each other and encourage each other to keep going. We’re all feeling the same pain.

“There are a lot of chances to bond as a team and I think a lot of the boys are doing that.”

bornadog
02-02-2018, 10:32 AM
I can see Dale becoming a very important player this year especially on a HFF . We need him to kick goals consistently.

Go_Dogs
02-02-2018, 09:54 PM
I can see Dale becoming a very important player this year especially on a HFF . We need him to kick goals consistently.

He's versatile, uses the ball well and moves smartly inside F50.

Lot to like about Dale and if he can become a 20+ disposal player he's going to be an important piece for years to come.

kruder
02-02-2018, 11:38 PM
His game against Port late in the season was an absolute standout performance. One of the classiest players on our list.

GVGjr
03-02-2018, 07:06 PM
It's really important that we continue to develop the next wave of players and Bailey Dale should be right in that mix.
He's got the skills and pace to become a very good player and while I might be impatient he needs to take another step forward this year.

Twodogs
04-02-2018, 04:03 AM
It's really important that we continue to develop the next wave of players and Bailey Dale should be right in that mix.
He's got the skills and pace to become a very good player and while I might be impatient he needs to take another step forward this year.

Its the way he used the ball that I love. He can spot players up in a the forward line that you don't even see.

Vred
11-08-2019, 12:48 AM
Few games to go before this season is over, finals or not, I’d like to think we’re making a move on securing Dale and sooner rather than later, this last half of the season he has been invaluable, a must have signature.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Few games to go before this season is over, finals or not, I’d like to think we’re making a move on securing Dale and sooner rather than later, this last half of the season he has been invaluable, a must have signature.

A media report last week said we are well underway of re-contracting him.

whythelongface
11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Out of nowhere Dale has provided us with another option up forward. Strong overhead, reasonably quick off the mark and some footy smarts makes him a dangerous foil for Naughton, allowing Naughton to play higher up the ground.

Over the last four weeks he has been relatively consistent (slight drop off against the Lions) but with returns of 5,4, 1 & 3 he is becoming an integral part of our forward structure. Seems to be an accurate kick as well (though he missed two getable ones last night).

I am pleased that he has come back into the team and found a role he can play. There was huge doubt about him particularly mid this year after 3 poor games. However this seemed to be a different role then the one he is playing now.

ledge
11-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Out of nowhere Dale has provided us with another option up forward. Strong overhead, reasonably quick off the mark and some footy smarts makes him a dangerous foil for Naughton, allowing Naughton to play higher up the ground.

Over the last four weeks he has been relatively consistent (slight drop off against the Lions) but with returns of 5,4, 1 & 3 he is becoming an integral part of our forward structure. Seems to be an accurate kick as well (though he missed two getable ones last night).

I am pleased that he has come back into the team and found a role he can play. There was huge doubt about him particularly mid this year after 3 poor games. However this seemed to be a different role then the one he is playing now.

I thought he was unlucky as previously every time he Started to make a move at AFL level he got injured.
He seems to have learnt about what his body can do and is now getting more consistency in it and AFL games.
The talent is in him for sure.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Bailey's new role for us has been a blessing for the team and himself too. His best footy is still in front of him too which is exciting. Knows where the goals are. Will be an important member of our team for years to come.

GVGjr
11-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Bailey's new role for us has been a blessing for the team and himself too. His best footy is still in front of him too which is exciting. Knows where the goals are. Will be an important member of our team for years to come.

I hope so, he has enough pace and is a stronger mark than I have given him credit for. Runs hard towards the goals as well

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 11:56 AM
I hope so, he has enough pace and is a stronger mark than I have given him credit for. Runs hard towards the goals as well

Yes agree. Offers us something different in the forward line too.

merantau
11-08-2019, 11:59 AM
I am dining on humble pie for the remainder of 2019. I was a Dale doubter. Not any more. He has plenty of tricks and knows how to kick a goal.

bornadog
11-08-2019, 12:09 PM
I thought it was his best game, he was involved in a number of goals and was consistent through out the match. Hopefully he can go on with it.

bulldogtragic
11-08-2019, 12:09 PM
When his pressure acts are up he's a vastly better player. Some of his tackling and bursting in and out of congestion was A grade. If he can maintain this edge, his goals will still come but he will bring another dimension to the forwardline and team mates going ahead. A huge upgrade on Gowers.

1eyedog
11-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Ive always been a believer and gave him a vote last night. It wasn't his ability around goals it was his work up the ground. His ability to break tackles and hit targets was elite.

Bulldog4life
11-08-2019, 12:11 PM
When his pressure acts are up he's a vastly better player. Some of his tackling and bursting in and out of congestion was A grade. If he can maintain this edge, his goals will still come but he will bring another dimension to the forwardline and team mates going ahead. A huge upgrade on Gowers.

Agree BT. And he was coming off a interrupted pre season with that foot injury which set him back early.

Happy Days
11-08-2019, 12:49 PM
He's been more consistently showing the traits that got us all excited at the end of 2017, but I can't get past his really awful and compromised efforts for all of last year and the first half of this year (a fair criticism), or that unshakable feeling that he won't be able to offer much when the whips are cracking (probably an unfair one given he hasn't been afforded the chance yet).

He's always been a classy finisher and moves so well, but it was particularly encouraging to see him stick a few tackles last night.

hujsh
11-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Highest average goals per game in the team this year over Lloyd and Schache

Ghost Dog
11-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Ive always been a believer and gave him a vote last night. It wasn't his ability around goals it was his work up the ground. His ability to break tackles and hit targets was elite.

Well done for sticking to your guns. I was wrong in my perception of him.
He looks a player but always question marks over simple things. But when you kick goals it shuts everyone up.
Great to see him smiling and contributing.

Hotdog60
28-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Western Bulldogs forward Bailey Dale has come from the clouds to emerge as a finals wildcard
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/56c80d02466e00fc1612acf3a55cd4f1

Bailey Dale was toiling away in the VFL less than two months ago.
Now he will start September as one of the in-form players in the finals series, along with Patrick Dangerfield, Dustin Martin, Jack Macrae and Dayne Zorko.
After only playing three games in the first 17 rounds, the 23-year-old has been a revelation since returning to the Western Bulldogs’ side in Round 18.
Dale slotted a career-high five goals against St Kilda in a stunning return, added another four majors the following week, before rounding out a brilliant block by booting five goals against Adelaide on Sunday to finish the home and away season by kicking 20 goals in the last six games.

Coleman Medal winner Jeremy Cameron (24 goals) and the two players who finished behind him — Ben Brown (21 goals) and Charlie Cameron (21 goals) — are the only three players who kicked more goals than Dale in this period.
Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge knows what he is going to get from Marcus Bontempelli, Josh Dunkley, Lachie Hunter and Macrae, but it is Dale who now looms as a wildcard this September.
“Bails hasn’t played in the finals so this is a great first time for him,” Beveridge told reporters at Fox Footy on Monday.

“He showed so much promise in the early parts of his career. He has had some serious issues with his foot, so that’s held him back to a fair degree and then on the road back its establishing that belief in himself and his own form at the level and that’s taken a little while.
“We always believed that he had it in him. He’s shown that in the early parts but it is obviously important and exciting for us to see what he’s doing at the moment.”

Star midfielders Bontempelli, Macrae and Dunkley were all included in the 40-man All-Australian squad on Monday ahead of the final 22 being unveiled on Wednesday night.
Dual Brownlow medallist Chris Judd thinks Dale could be included in that team by this time next year if he continues to blossom at this rate.
“His move up forward he looks so much more dangerous than he did down back. I think he can be an All-Australian player next year,” Judd said on Footy Classified on Monday night.
The Victorian is out of contract at the end of October but signalled his intention to remain at the kennel during an interview earlier this month.
The Western Bulldogs return to the September stage for the first time since they ended a 62-year premiership drought during a fairytale finals series in 2016, after winning eight of 11 games following the bye to roar back into the eight late.

LINK (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/western-bulldogs-forward-bailey-dale-has-come-from-the-clouds-to-emerge-as-a-finals-wildcard/news-story/c537a3f58269d6d543d7a7ea8792d371)

bornadog
28-08-2019, 11:14 AM
I am very happy he is showing the form he promised to show early in his career. After watching him earlier this year, I didn't think he would make it, but all credit to him for working hard on his game. Now to show some consistency throughout every match and he will be so dangerous.

Axe Man
28-08-2019, 11:19 AM
“His move up forward he looks so much more dangerous than he did down back. I think he can be an All-Australian player next year,” Judd said on Footy Classified on Monday night.

When did Dale ever play down back? Is Judd getting him mixed up with Bailey Williams?

hujsh
28-08-2019, 11:22 AM
20 goals over 6 games if expanded to a whole season is 73 goals.

While I don't expect that form line to hold it is an indication of just how heavily he's contributed on the scoreboard these last few weeks.

Bulldog Joe
28-08-2019, 11:34 AM
When did Dale ever play down back? Is Judd getting him mixed up with Bailey Williams?

That could be an explanation.

Clearly Chris Judd is not interested enough to take notice or do any actual research.

GVGjr
28-08-2019, 12:38 PM
He's got some work to do on the defensive side of his game but his form at Footscray gave him the best chance to come in and perform near his best and he's looked so impressive.

Bulldog4life
28-08-2019, 01:10 PM
He is a very good overhead mark and is quick on the lead. Found his best position now.

ledge
29-08-2019, 11:56 AM
Because of his height and all round ability I also see him as the attacking wing who can float in and take that pack mark up forward and kick goals also.
At the moment he is forward pocket or flank and leading, which is causing havoc with the opposition backs Concentrating on Schache and Naughton.
If you can get them leading 3 different ways you have stretched the backs so they can’t help each other.
I like it a lot.