PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Williams.......

LostDog
08-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I read a post the other night that Clayton is very interested in Ryan from Devonport, Tasmania and seen on BF he is one of the uncontracted players training with us.

Ryan is a freak I know him well, Played footy with the Latrobe Demons in the NTFL this year in Tassie.

This bloke is a freak can do anything was originally a basketballer then gave it up for rowing, then came back to Basketball and dominated playing rep ball then getting Brian Gorjan from Sydney Kings attention, he was picked for the junior national side also and played SEABL with the North West Thunder.

I was surprised to play against him this year as I never thought he would be a good footy player, I was wrong this fella is solid in the form of a Will Minson actually kind of looks like him,
He could be the answer to the full forward debate as he is strong and fit and can play, He was a Power Forward / Centre with the Thunder.

Both the Rawlings brothers and Grant Birchall were back in town the other week and were talking about him and think he will be a star.

GVGjr
08-11-2007, 10:56 PM
What else can you tell us about him? height, weight, skills etc?

LostDoggy
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I take it he is relatively new to the game? What position is he best suited to?

LostDog
08-11-2007, 11:13 PM
He plays Full Foward and Centre
Plays tough and hard isnt afraid to take knocks
He has the most raw talent i have seen since Brady Rawlings and Grant Birchall

here is his bio at the recent national college basketball championships

Ryan Williams
194cm
Guard/Forward
Born on 03/02/1988
Team: The Don College (AUS-HS)

Athletic wing player who plays abobe his size, great footspeed and nice shooting range. He carried his high-school all the way to the National Tournament in 2006. He represented Tasmania in the U20, U18 and U16 Nationals.

LostDog
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Let it be on my head that if drafted will develope faster than any of our current prospects,
I pumped another fromer devonport player a month ago now playing ing Broadbeach QLD Darin Stewart who happens to be my cousin same size and weight, they are both meant to be chatting with Alistair Lynch tobe their rep as his brother Manny was Ryans coach this year and Darin performed alright in the u'18 champs footy this year has a weird kick but KPP possible smokey

southerncross
10-11-2007, 01:37 PM
This is very interesting. I like the idea of getting a player like Williams with a late pick. Given his height a key forward spot might be his best spot.

Dry Rot
27-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Wonder why he wasn't drafted?

Go_Dogs
27-11-2007, 01:11 PM
He's apparently still training with us, so perhaps is looking at a rookie spot? Sounds like he could be another possible developing forward.

GVGjr
27-11-2007, 01:15 PM
He's apparently still training with us, so perhaps is looking at a rookie spot? Sounds like he could be another possible developing forward.

Always sounded like a rookie selection

hujsh
27-11-2007, 05:18 PM
He plays Full Foward and Centre
Plays tough and hard isnt afraid to take knocks
He has the most raw talent i have seen since Brady Rawlings and Grant Birchall

here is his bio at the recent national college basketball championships

Ryan Williams
194cm
Guard/Forward
Born on 03/02/1988
Team: The Don College (AUS-HS)

Athletic wing player who plays abobe his size, great footspeed and nice shooting range. He carried his high-school all the way to the National Tournament in 2006. He represented Tasmania in the U20, U18 and U16 Nationals.

I've never thought of Brady Rawlings as particuly talented.

Bulldog Revolution
27-11-2007, 05:26 PM
I've never thought of Brady Rawlings as particuly talented.

probably he wasn't meaning just skillwise more his ability to influence games - because Rawlings certainly does that

LostDoggy
27-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Very much a project player and perhaps our own version of Dean Brogan.

Go_Dogs
27-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Very much a project player and perhaps our own version of Dean Brogan.

Hopefully he won't go around punching judges heads in though!

LostDog
18-12-2007, 11:31 PM
Spoke with Ryan on Saturday night sounds like the dogs are gonna get him to Willy, it has been a while since I have spoken to him.
God this boy is big, very surprised just how big.
Told me that Gia's knee is not good and it is being kept hush hush

southerncross
19-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Spoke with Ryan on Saturday night sounds like the dogs are gonna get him to Willy, it has been a while since I have spoken to him.
God this boy is big, very surprised just how big.
Told me that Gia's knee is not good and it is being kept hush hush

I hope they get him into the Williamstown squad. Big athletic players take some time and it couldn't hurt to have him around the place for a season.

Bulldog Revolution
20-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I hope they get him into the Williamstown squad. Big athletic players take some time and it couldn't hurt to have him around the place for a season.

I was disappointed for him that they didn't rookie him - I've never seen him but he sounded like a rawer version of Tom Williams and given I didn't know who any of our other rookie selections were I'd hoped Ryan would get a chance

GVGjr
20-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I was disappointed for him that they didn't rookie him - I've never seen him but he sounded like a rawer version of Tom Williams and given I didn't know who any of our other rookie selections were I'd hoped Ryan would get a chance

I wonder if he might posses ruckman skills with KP height. He might get his chance in a round about way. I hope LD is right

LostDog
20-12-2007, 10:25 PM
He is built like a tank, spoke to him about training and he said that his hammy played up a little, by the sounds of it clayton is getting back to him after xmas about willy

Dogs 24/7
25-12-2007, 02:24 PM
He is built like a tank, spoke to him about training and he said that his hammy played up a little, by the sounds of it clayton is getting back to him after xmas about willy

Any more updates Lost Dog ? When is he likely to know ?

LostDog
28-12-2007, 05:32 PM
after xmas 24/7 could run into him tonight or his brother will do some investigating

LostDog
19-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Latest on Ryan Williams Check this out

http://nwtasmania.yourguide.com.au/news/sport/basketball/wanted-man/1165105.html

The Coon Dog
19-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Thanks for that LD. Seems odd that we would have someone come over, get to know the players, train with us, but have no hold over him whatsoever. He has the potential to be drafted by any one of 16 AFL club's later this year.

I wonder why we didn't at least rookie him?

LostDog
19-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Coach of Coburg (Jade Rawlings) was telling me he has certainly got his attention looks like The Advocate newspaper has unleased our so called secret