PDA

View Full Version : Bevo's Game Plan

Eastdog
29-11-2014, 09:50 PM
While our new coach Luke Beveridge is settling in at the club I was wondering what you think his game plan will be. What game plan if you asked him would you like Bevo to apply.

Personally I would really like us to strive to be a free flowing/running side with good skills and awareness which can get targets in the forward 50.

F'scary
29-11-2014, 11:02 PM
I am hoping he can get some rhythm into our game because we didn't have much of that the last few years. I want to see players timing their runs and moving into the right places, a team that plays as if there is telepathy between the 18 on the ground. A team that is always moving, shifting it's patterns, always out of reach of the opposition.

1eyedog
29-11-2014, 11:32 PM
While our new coach Luke Beveridge is settling in at the club I was wondering what you think his game plan will be. What game plan if you asked him would you like Bevo to apply.

Personally I would really like us to strive to be a free flowing/running side with good skills and awareness which can get targets in the forward 50.

It's a really interesting thread topic ED. I'd like to see the residual coaching staff provide detail on all the positive aspects of Macca's plan - contested footy, hard at the ball and a propensity for youth development. I would like Bevo to build on this by improving skills and spread from the contest and I think the latest draftees will assist with this. If we can build on what we have learnt around winning contests and can move the ball effectively when we have it our backs and forwards will have a much better time of it.

Hotdog60
30-11-2014, 12:28 AM
I agree 1eyedog, you've echo my thoughts.
We were one of the top 'hard ball gets' in the competition we just need to build on it. Win it and move it with precision.

boydogs
30-11-2014, 01:26 AM
I think he's got a really solid foundation to work with. Macca taught contested footy well just couldn't add to that. I'm hoping he will add some Hawthorn influence to focus on using the ball well to retain possession

Twodogs
30-11-2014, 02:05 AM
I think that he will concentrate on skills. There nothing worse than working hard to win the ball then letting ourselves down with wayward disposal.

Hopefully we will kick the ball better next year.

Bulldog4life
30-11-2014, 12:33 PM
It's a really interesting thread topic ED. I'd like to see the residual coaching staff provide detail on all the positive aspects of Macca's plan - contested footy, hard at the ball and a propensity for youth development. I would like Bevo to build on this by improving skills and spread from the contest and I think the latest draftees will assist with this. If we can build on what we have learnt around winning contests and can move the ball effectively when we have it our backs and forwards will have a much better time of it.

Sounds good 1eyedog. It will be interesting to see which of the new recruits play a role next year. Boyd is a certainty. The rest we will have to wait and see.

Cyberdoggie
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I think that he will concentrate on skills. There nothing worse than working hard to win the ball then letting ourselves down with wayward disposal.

Hopefully we will kick the ball better next year.

The players we recently drafted may also give some indication of the game plan.
High efficiency disposal a must, keep possession, has to play multiple positions.

Sounds very much like a Hawthorn game plan to me.

FrediKanoute
01-12-2014, 09:38 PM
The smartest thing Bevo can do is to assess the group of players and design tactics/strategies which play to their strengths. No point trying to a play a certain way if the cattle are not in the paddock. yes there will be some basics, but the strategy should suit the players strengths.

Throughandthrough
11-10-2016, 09:07 PM

You missed the cracking in bit. And the ultimate team players stuff.

Eastdog
11-10-2016, 10:29 PM
You missed the cracking in bit. And the ultimate team players stuff.

Thanks for that T&T :)