PDA

View Full Version : 30 Applicants for Football Manager's job

The Coon Dog
09-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I couldn't find a link, so I scanned this from today's Herald Sun.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9528/scanhx1.jpg

Go_Dogs
09-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for that.

It's going to be very interesting to see who we end up selecting for the position.

bornadog
09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Its a great move to look for some one with those crediantials.
Yes, it will be interesting to see who is out there.

always right
09-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Heard peter Schwab has put up his name. I'd be happy with him...if he's the best applicant.

Bulldog Revolution
09-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Hate to be captain obvious but it seems pretty clear we are going to get a lot of applicants AND the challenge is obviously selecting the candidate.

I would have thought whilst Eade will report to the Manager it would be important that he is actively involved in this process - I know there has been noises to this effect but its absolutely crucial they have an excellent working relationship.

FrediKanoute
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
What about Scott Clayton? I recall a few years ago around the time that Eade joined that he had expressed an interest in moving into that type roll and away from recruitment. What are people's thoughts on him as a candidate?

LostDoggy
09-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Kevin sheedy?

FrediKanoute
10-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Kevin sheedy?

My thoughts on Sir Kev are that he would be great, but could he resist getting his fingers dirty and interfering with the coaching etc. I think that Rocket accepts that there will be a person intersperced between him and the Board and I don't think that he has a problem with that per se, but somehow Sheed's appointmnet would be an indication that the club were manouvering to oust Rocket. The thing about the football manager's role is that he is not the coach, but is the coach's manager. He has to be able to let the coach do his thing, but also provide feedback to the coach as well as ensure that other parts of the football department are running effectively.

Bulldog Revolution
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
I just dont see the Manager role as being one Kev would be interested in or good at

I had thought Clayton had taken on some different responsibilities as well as recruiting under the Eade regime, but I dont know what they were - anyone?

LostDoggy
10-11-2007, 07:48 PM
I just dont see the Manager role as being one Kev would be interested in or good at

I had thought Clayton had taken on some different responsibilities as well as recruiting under the Eade regime, but I dont know what they were - anyone?

I think Clayton picked up more work with player contracts and list management but I'm not 100% sure.

What about Terry Wheeler? I think he would tick a number of the boxes required.

LostDoggy
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
What about Terry Wheeler? I think he would tick a number of the boxes required.

He would be great for the role. Although he is quite happy with his current position a mate of mine plays golf with him and has mentioned to me on several occasions that Terry always speaks fondly of the Bulldogs. Maybe in the future who knows?

The Doctor
14-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Kelvin Templeton anyone?

The Coon Dog
14-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Kelvin Templeton anyone?

He's one of a number of quality candidates that I'm sure will be considered.

For no other reason than I have been impressed with the way he's come across when I've seen him talk is Chris Pelchin at Hawthorn.

LostDoggy
14-11-2007, 06:40 PM
He's one of a number of quality candidates that I'm sure will be considered.
For no other reason than I have been impressed with the way he's come across when I've seen him talk is Chris Pelchin at Hawthorn.

Are you sure he has applied?

Dogs 24/7
16-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Kelvin Templeton anyone?
It might be a hard job to lure him across but wouldn't it be worth it.
Great suggestion.