PDA

View Full Version : Social Club Function

bornadog
01-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Anyone going to the Social Club Function tomorrow night?

Twodogs
01-12-2014, 12:53 AM
Where is the social club these days?

Eastdog
01-12-2014, 12:58 AM
It is these days held at Etihad Stadium.

bornadog
01-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Where is the social club these days?

Before /after games in the Victory room.

LostDoggy
01-12-2014, 11:12 AM
Not going but hope they get a good turn out.

Cyberdoggie
01-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah i'll be there.

Was hoping to see the new kids but doubt they will be there. At least it will be a good chance to listen to the new coach and here the powerbrokers speak on what happened during the off-season.

BulldogBelle
01-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I'll be there.

dadsgirl16
01-12-2014, 11:38 AM
Yep I am going and looking forward to it

The Underdog
01-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Was going, but left my tickets at home, so won't have time to get em and come back. Hope it's a fun night.

Murphy'sLore
01-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Reports please (needless to say…) Take notes everybody in your best shorthand.

bornadog
01-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Reports please (needless to say…) Take notes everybody in your best shorthand.

Will do.

Hopefully most players will be there.

cinder
01-12-2014, 05:06 PM
I'll be there :D

BulldogBelle
01-12-2014, 11:29 PM

All of the new recruits were there. Tom Boyd spoke very confidently. I spoke with Zaine Cordy quite a bit, Zaine looks very well proportioned but is a bit shorter than Tom Boyd. Caleb Daniel sure does look short next to Tom Boyd.

The family day will be on March 7 and there will be a club practice match that day.

I saw all of the players except I didn't see the following: Wallis, Macrae, Roberts, Dickson, Darley and Campbell. They may have been there but I just didn't see them. There were thousands there.

Can' seem to upload my pics.

azabob
01-12-2014, 11:36 PM
I'm certain I saw Dickson, Campbell and Roberts.

bornadog
01-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Summary from tonight that I can remember:

Peter Gordon

* Next years function should be at Edgewater - Costing $30 million and significant club investment.
* Will work with Vic Government on Ballarat, expect to play two games there in 2017
* WO upgrade on track but new scoreboard 50/50 to be ready for NAB Cup - will be where old scoreboard was
* Mens Health campaign raised over $1 million for club.

Bevo

* Won't be making predictions on how we will go, but will set the bar high and if we can't reach then keep pegging back a bit till we assess where we are at.

* Training today was stepped up and the players were very tired. He is starting to train them a lot harder now. Doing lots of running - 15 to 20k per day

* Big emphasis on bonding for players as well as coaches and developing a team. I know that was big at Hawthorn where they talked about a Champion team beating a team of champions.(Swans, with Buddy, Tippett etc)

* Lot's of questions asked but nothing new really said. He does have a sense of humour and sounded more confident speaking than when he first started.

New recruits

* All nine new recruits were introduced. Tom Boyd answered questions. Very impressive for a 19 year old, seems mature and level headed.

* Hamling is a big unit, Caleb really does look very short compared to the group.

Panel - Bob Murphy, Stringer and Bonti

* Bob got a standing ovation when he was introduced
* loves being Captain, unlike the last one
* Bonti told today he has a new focus, so training has been stepped up - not sure what he meant. He was surprised he played so many games in 2014, but was very tired by years end
* Stringer, very enthusiastic, and says he learnt alot this pass year and keen to keep learning and getting better.

Other

* AGM is on 22nd January (maybe December - need to check)
* Family Day is on 7th March which will include an intra club match
* season launch on 14th March.

Smads57
02-12-2014, 12:04 AM
Great read Bornadog - thanks. Would've loved to have been there and soaked up the vibe. Am getting along to the final Inside the Kennel function next Thursday and hope to see most of the recruits you seen tonight....maybe even one or two of the rookies(?)

Twodogs
02-12-2014, 12:14 AM
That inside the kennel thing looks great. Thanks, I didn't even know about it.

boydogs
02-12-2014, 12:43 AM
All ten new recruits were introduced

9? Webb, McLean, Hamilton, Dale, Daniel, Cordy, Boyd, Biggs, Hamling?

azabob
02-12-2014, 07:14 AM

And Beveridge.

Go_Dogs
02-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the reports.

azabob
02-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Just on Caleb Daniel he actually looks the most physically developed of the draftees, so I'm not sure how much weight gain over summer is realistic. Perhaps he can get stronger, but maybe not put weight on.

bornadog
02-12-2014, 10:09 AM

My mistake, thanks.

And Beveridge.

Yeah plus the coach.

Cyberdoggie
02-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Just on Caleb Daniel he actually looks the most physically developed of the draftees, so I'm not sure how much weight gain over summer is realistic. Perhaps he can get stronger, but maybe not put weight on.

He does look fairly developed but keep in mind that he was being compared to 5 other skinny kids (and they are skinny).
I think Daniel is the most ready to play out of the group. Dale, Hamilton and McLean are babies, even Hamling doesn't have much of a frame to him for someone who has been in the Geelong system for some time.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-12-2014, 02:00 PM
Stringer is huge, reminds me of standing up Chris Grant. On TV/at the ground he doesn't look overly big, but when you stand next to him he's an absolute beast.

Smads57
02-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Stringer is huge, reminds me of standing up Chris Grant. On TV/at the ground he doesn't look overly big, but when you stand next to him he's an absolute beast.

Happy to read this ��

LostDoggy
02-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Also was stated last night that the last open training day for 2014 is on Dec 13th. Having rows of chairs made life a lot easier to eat etc. Better than rushing in and trying to get one of the few chairs as in previous years. Was a great night and very informative.

dadsgirl16
03-12-2014, 09:13 AM
I really enjoyed the night and was super impressed with Big Tom..spoke very well